PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I might grab one of the refurbed 64gb memory cards from Gamestop . Anything to look for ? Also what is the best way to transfer from my 32gb to 64gh card ?
Not sure what to look for (other than the contacts not being gunked with peanut butter and what not, being Gamestop and all)... But here's the official documentation for backing up and restoring your files/system (using a computer, ps3, etc):

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/index.html

I didn't factor in the price of memory cards. But, I bought a Vita mainly for Remote Play. I should've factored in the cost of a Joetsu grip though.

Nah. Word of mouth from all of us that got burned definitely affected sales. It's a good point, if vita supported sd etc I believe it succeeds in a much grander scale.
If the Vita used MicroSD cards the system would have been hacked ages ago and developers would have dropped the system like a dead puppy.

Think about it. Why would someone need a 32 or 64 gb card if all that was on it were game saves?
Exactly! I'm still using my 8GB memory card because it's less than 1/4 filled with game saves and game patches.

Most people just don't buy the Vita cause of no presence in stores and like some have said the same stock of the same games remains for months. Doesn't help that their is no new first party titles. Not everyone wants a niche machine.....
Exactly, I mean I work at Best Buy, Besy Buy mind you! And the stock of games is just three titles, with literally empty slots for additional games all around on that designated Vita rack space, and pre-Christmas they moved it all to the rear of the video game department where no one would ever likely find any of it to make room for promo priced PS4 system accessories!

Literally all we have in stock are 16GB and 32GB memory cards, Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls, Lego: Jurassic World, and Corpse Party, that's it! No newer titles have been stocked the entire time I have been working there, they would rather have empty places on the shelves than to actually stock product for the Vita.

If the Vita used MicroSD cards the system would have been hacked ages ago and developers would have dropped the system like a dead puppy.
ROFL!!!!! I damned-near shot coffee out my nose reading that.

At least maybe then we could get those idiots at APSCA to run a Sarah McLaughlin commercial 700,000 times for Vita next holiday season.

ROFL!!!!! I damned-near shot coffee out my nose reading that.

At least maybe then we could get those idiots at APSCA to run a Sarah McLaughlin commercial 700,000 times for Vita next holiday season.
lol I tell my friends something like this all the time. For just 50 cents a day, you can save a vita from negligence and abusive owners. For just the price of a daily newspaper you could give the vita a loving home, caring owners, and a new leash on life. Please help save a vita....a handheld is a terrible thing to waste

You guys do realize that the informed users of CAG are most likely less than 1-2% of the gaming community right? And you're talking about a portion of that small segment that actively chose not to buy Vitas because of memory card prices.

A small sample from a few of you is in no way representative of the whole consumer base. Don't let the echo chamber fool you. People here have discerning purchasing habits.
You realize you can chose when buying a product to not buy it correct? If my mom or quite a few other members of my friends/family as an uninformed consumer went to the store to buy a VIta there is a solid chance they would return it or tell the clerk I changed my mind.

I mean lets just look at the facts here. Sony released a system that was close to double the price of their competitor once you include the mem card. A system that is only $100 less then a full release console when you include a good memory card. You are fooling yourself not this echo chamber if you think these prices and that mem card did not have some hand in this. My mom and most casuals I knew choose to get themselves/their loved ones Ipads and most hardcore people either skipped the Vita or waited a few years and got it on sale. Sony was a double loser

I may be misremembering but as I recall there were the mediocre launch games followed by a very long void of new releases. I think being hacked would be a good thing for the vita... I mean the psp basically made a living as a portable emulator.

I may be misremembering but as I recall there were the mediocre launch games followed by a very long void of new releases. I think being hacked would be a good thing for the vita... I mean the psp basically made a living as a portable emulator.
I can not tell you how many people I knew that mainly had a PSP cause they could hack it to play free games and SNES titles.

A lot of idiotic anti-Vita hate in this thread lately. This thread is for discussion of Vita deals, not hate and trolling for the system. If you guys posting trash don't like it, how about just staying out of the thread? And if any of the haters actually own a Vita (doubtful), I suggest you sell it as soon as possible, then we don't need to hear your whiny complaints anymore.

A lot of idiotic anti-Vita hate in this thread lately. This thread is for discussion of Vita deals, not hate and trolling for the system. If you guys posting trash don't like it, how about just staying out of the thread? And if any of the haters actually own a Vita (doubtful), I suggest you sell it as soon as possible, then we don't need to hear your whiny complaints anymore.
Why can't we have an opinion about a system we all pretty much have. We all bought the memory cards, we bought the games. We know what we're talking about for the most point. People complain live with it.

Most of the Vita deals were over the christmas break with many F5in' to get penny discounts that kept going on for some Vita games.

I do feel the Vita localization list is a little bit weak so far this year other than the likely to be amazing Zero Escape 3. I am hoping for some good Xseed/Atlus/NISA announcements this year. I'm hoping for Great Edo Blacksmith and Criminal Girls 2 myself.

Why exactly should anyone respect your request when you called us idiots, trolls and claimed we must not have the system and if we do should sell it? In a debate you should try to win friends not make enemies. And if you want someone to listen to your request it should be spoken with respect not disdain. In the past I would have never bothered posting anything off topic because soooo many people were like you, getting annoyed at any off topic post(especially if negative). If you look around now though this sites sub forums are fairly dead, thus everyone talks about systems/games in topics they should not. Welcome to the internet!

Anyways I am a big Sony fan. Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Fat princess, Uncharted, my main man Sly Cooper! Sony makes both great games and gamers games(at a time many dont). That does not mean I have to be endlessly positive on Sony. They can be a stupid stupid stupid stuuuuuupid company, especially when it comes to hardware and pricing.

Why exactly should anyone respect your request when you called us idiots, trolls and claimed we must not have the system and if we do should sell it? In a debate you should try to win friends not make enemies. And if you want someone to listen to your request it should be spoken with respect not disdain. In the past I would have never bothered posting anything off topic because soooo many people were like you, getting annoyed at any off topic post(especially if negative). If you look around now though this sites sub forums are fairly dead, thus everyone talks about systems/games in topics they should not. Welcome to the internet!

Anyways I am a big Sony fan. Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Fat princess, Uncharted, my main man Sly Cooper! Sony makes both great games and gamers games(at a time many dont). That does not mean I have to be endlessly positive on Sony. They can be a stupid stupid stupid stuuuuuupid company, especially when it comes to hardware and pricing.
Because its the same old whining about the high memory card prices, over and over again. It's beating a dead horse. We all get it, you (general reference) hate the high cost of the cards, they suck, Sony sucks, they're "stupid" (your words), etc etc. It gets really old when it's regurgitated over and over.

Honestly, if the memory card prices are too high for people, then maybe they just shouldn't buy a Vita to begin with, because they obviously can't afford one. For people who really like the handheld, buying a card is no big deal, certainly not worth whining about endlessly.

I bought a 64gb card from superufo for $85 shipped, and I now have over 100 games digitally on it. Was it expensive? Sure it was. Was it worth it to me, for the convenience of having tons of great games available to play at any time? Absolutely.

Because its the same old whining about the high memory card prices, over and over again. It's beating a dead horse. We all get it, you (general reference) hate the high cost of the cards, they suck, Sony sucks, they're "stupid" (your words), etc etc. It gets really old when it's regurgitated over and over.

Honestly, if the memory card prices are too high for people, then maybe they just shouldn't buy a Vita to begin with, because they obviously can't afford one. For people who really like the handheld, buying a card is no big deal, certainly not worth whining about endlessly.

I bought a 64gb card from superufo for $85 shipped, and I now have over 100 games digitally on it. Was it expensive? Sure it was. Was it worth it to me, for the convenience of having tons of great games available to play at any time? Absolutely.
Privileged much? Sorry we cant all be so lucky as you. Money matters to some of us. It prevents us from buying things we want to and other times we can buy something but it hurts us financially. Sorry that for some of us a memory card that is 5x the cost it needs to be sticks in the craw.

To me its also a matter of I really did love the Vita. I wanted to see it succeed, I want to see all Sonys hardware succeed since I love their games. Maybe I should start posting telling you that you dont belong here for not loving Sony as much as me. I mean if you loved your Vita and you loved Sony like the rest of us you would be complaining too. Do you not want whats best for them?!?!? Again point is your logic is flawed. Anyone can claim because I love something you must not for not agreeing with me. I just see things much differently. I see a world where Sony never launched a $600 PS3 and consoles hold a lot more sway as a result. I see a world where they made the PS3 mistake but learned when launching the Vita and now the Vita rivals the 3DS and recieves ports of all its great games. Sony could and should have been not just A industry giant but THE industry giant.

*rolls his eyes* I am done with you now. You have to be the rudest person I have encountered online in awhile and that says a lot given that I frequent politics/controversy forums. Have a good weekend mate!

What are you talking about? People are talking about why the system doesn't get any main stream love. The problem isn't us, we are the people that bought the system, love it, and want more of it. That doesn't take away from the barriers even us major fans of the system had to overcome to buy the system in the first place. For me, I feared a repeat of my first PSP purchase. See, I waited for a bundle system with a memory card to hit $200. I couldn't justify spending more than that for a handheld system and I didn't want to have to spend around $300 for a system, memory card and a game. In the end I got burned because the memory card that came with my PSP was so under sized that I was looking for a new one within a month of owning the thing just for game saves. I ended up getting a couple gig card to tie me over and then the 16gb Sandisk card when it came out. It burned so much. Granted I loved the system but I didn't want to repeat that spending spree required to get into it.

If it wasn't for a cheap PSTV bundle on Amazon and actually playing it and seeing I could realistically survive on an 8gb card, I would still be waiting for some kind of price drop for the system.

You guys do realize that the informed users of CAG are most likely less than 1-2% of the gaming community right? And you're talking about a portion of that small segment that actively chose not to buy Vitas because of memory card prices.

A small sample from a few of you is in no way representative of the whole consumer base. Don't let the echo chamber fool you. People here have discerning purchasing habits.
Maybe we are only 1-2% of the overall gaming community but probably 80% or more of the actual Vita owners are informed users like us on CAG. The system has no major presence among the general gaming community. The library is mostly niche japanese titles and indie games. I mean, you gotta be somewhat active to even know enough about the vita to even have any interest in one. It's not like people are buying this for all the kiddie games and don't know much about it because there's really not a kiddie library to pull from outside of a few titles. You can't be some major main stream gamer either as the core library barely touches the main stream stuff outside of the main stream indie games. Sure Sony tried one last push with Borderlands 2 ... but I don't think it sold like hotcakes because that marked the end of Sony pushing the system towards main stream gamers.

Most people just don't buy the Vita cause of no presence in stores and like some have said the same stock of the same games remains for months. Doesn't help that their is no new first party titles. Not everyone wants a niche machine.....
I think now it's an even bigger barrier with a lack of systems, memory cards and games on any retail shelves in any meaningful numbers outside of Gamestop. I can go to walmart (locally) and see systems for sale... but they don't sell the memory cards and the games are now mostly gone. Target liquidated their Vita stuff last year. BestBuy is crap for anything vita. So even if I wanted one from a big retailer I couldn't even go that route on a whim. Add to that the price barrier went back up once the bundle systems sold out.

I LOVE the heck out of the Vita, but it has less presence on the market as the Dreamcast did a year after Sega announced it was stopping support for the system.

Funny thing is if you had just asked nicely  this whole thing would likely be done. Im done either way, but your whining opened up a whole new can of worms when simply not acting like an ass could have closed the can you had issues with. Id say ya live ya learn....but its pretty easy to see your not the learning type.

I have to be honest, this anti anti vita discussion is probably not helping at all either.

To get us back on track, here's a deal,

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax $14.89

This is lower than it dropped to last time, and I believe people were still getting the launched edition previously, so may be a good time to try and grab one assuming they still have them in stock.

*rolls his eyes* I am done with you now. You have to be the rudest person I have encountered online in awhile and that says a lot given that I frequent politics/controversy forums. Have a good weekend mate!
Funny thing is if you had just asked nicely this whole thing would likely be done. Im done either way, but your whining opened up a whole new can of worms when simply not acting like an ass could have closed the can you had issues with. Id say ya live ya learn....but its pretty easy to see your not the learning type.
So, hopefully you're really "done" now? Because I really think you were done before you started your rants, but whatever.

Have a good weekend mate!

XBlaze Lost Memories has been dropping in price on Amazon... yesterday it was $24.33, today it's gone up to $25.50.   I'd imagine it'll drop again but I think that's the cheapest it's been so far.

dis thread

ORETsvC.gif

I'll just leave this here 

I think the prices of vitas and memory cards is just fine ;D

SaltAdded_zpshifyvghb.png

I have to be honest, this anti anti vita discussion is probably not helping at all either.

To get us back on track, here's a deal,

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax $14.89

This is lower than it dropped to last time, and I believe people were still getting the launched edition previously, so may be a good time to try and grab one assuming they still have them in stock.
I got it the last time it dropped to around $15 and change and it was a launch edition for me as well.

There's been a lot of this see-saw pricing going on at Amazon.

I got it the last time it dropped to around $15 and change and it was a launch edition for me as well.

There's been a lot of this see-saw pricing going on at Amazon.
It actually shot way up since that price last time, and it was slowly moving back down since then, and this is the first time it's come back down below the price from last time, so I thought it'd be a good time to note since I missed out last time myself. T___T

Hope it's the launch edition still. :D

I do wish the see-sawing wasn't so rampant though, it's making me nauseous. T___T

It actually shot way up since that price last time, and it was slowly moving back down since then, and this is the first time it's come back down below the price from last time, so I thought it'd be a good time to note since I missed out last time myself. T___T

Hope it's the launch edition still. :D

I do wish the see-sawing wasn't so rampant though, it's making me nauseous. T___T
I've been tracking Dramamine on Amazon and I will let you know when it hits its all-time low. :pray: :p

You realize you can chose when buying a product to not buy it correct?
LOL what a hook. Please. go on. :lol:

If my mom or quite a few other members of my friends/family as an uninformed consumer went to the store to buy a VIta there is a solid chance they would return it or tell the clerk I changed my mind.
If your mom, friends, and family went to buy Vitas they would return them. What does this even mean?

I mean lets just look at the facts here. Sony released a system that was close to double the price of their competitor once you include the mem card. A system that is only $100 less then a full release console when you include a good memory card.
The 3DS launched at $250 bud. Today's new versions still cost ~$200 for the N3DS and N3DSXL. The Vita launched at $250 and $300 and now retails for $200. Check your facts.

You are fooling yourself not this echo chamber if you think these prices and that mem card did not have some hand in this. My mom and most casuals I knew choose to get themselves/their loved ones Ipads and most hardcore people either skipped the Vita or waited a few years and got it on sale. Sony was a double loser
Your mom was going to play a Vita huh? and then switched to an iPad? uh ok. That's an entirely different electronic device with little correlation. Your people didn't buy Vita because they didn't want a Vita. That's neither here nor there. She skipped a Vita because of price and then went and bought something twice as expensive? As if iPads don't have expensive accessories lol! You should hear yourself.

The prices of memory cards have very little to do with Vitas selling or not selling, as many others have stated. The lack of: titles, mainstream game development, retail presence, and Sony support is why Vita hasn't sold well. The people that really wanted one, bought one, regardless of memory card prices.

Life doesn't end just because your memory card only holds 8 gbs. Get over it.

I feel like this is too emo for me.... Life ending over proprietary memory cards n shit.

EDIT: just realized that was emo...

If your mom, friends, and family went to buy Vitas they would return them. What does this even mean?

The 3DS launched at $250 bud. Today's new versions still cost ~$200 for the N3DS and N3DSXL. The Vita launched at $250 and $300 and now retails for $200. Check your facts.

Your mom was going to play a Vita huh? and then switched to an iPad? uh ok. That's an entirely different electronic device with no correlation whatsoever. Your people didn't buy Vita because they didn't want a Vita. That's neither here or there. She skipped a Vita because of price and then went and bought something twice as expensive? As if iPads don't have expensive accessories lol! You should hear yourself.

The prices of memory cards have very little to do with Vitas selling or not selling, as many others have stated. The lack of: titles, mainstream game development, retail presence, and Sony support is why Vita hasn't sold well. The people that really wanted one, bought one, regardless of memory card prices.

Life doesn't end just bec

Your mom was going to play a Vita huh? and then switched to an iPad? uh ok. That's an entirely different electronic device with no correlation whatsoever. Your people didn't buy Vita because they didn't want a Vita. That's neither here or there. She skipped a Vita because of price and then went and bought something twice as expensive? As if iPads don't have expensive accessories lol! You should hear yourself.

Life doesn't end just because your memory card only holds 8 gbs. Get over it.
ause your memory card only holds 8 gbs. Get over it.
Man I dont know whats worse your reading comprehensions skills, your temper or manners. Ill unfollow the topic now, honestly gamers get butt hurt faster then just about anyone on the planet.

This thread won't be complete until I post the

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9229]
That's too much game time...so I will wait for $15 ;D
I don't blame you; all I do is basically work, drive home, eat, wash dishes, play Cold Steel. OK I left some basic life stuff out but you get the idea.

That said I spent $19 in real monies for each of my LE copies. I think you can figure out how. :)

This thread won't be complete until I post the

I don't blame you; all I do is basically work, drive home, eat, wash dishes, play Cold Steel. OK I left some basic life stuff out but you get the idea.

That said I spent $19 in real monies for each of my LE copies. I think you can figure out how. :)
how

really want the game but just got too much backlog. And if i start playing and stop i will never go back to it (just like tons of rpgs stiting on the shelf)

Didn't this thread get changed to "PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread?"

I just finished Disgaea 5 with 81 hours.  It's so addictive and there's still tons of post-game stuff to do.  Now I'm deciding whether to start Operation Abyss or Dungeon Travelers 2.

how

really want the game but just got too much backlog. And if i start playing and stop i will never go back to it (just like tons of rpgs stiting on the shelf)
Oh fairly simple: just took some games part of the 4 for $10 deal at Gamestop to BBY, then jumped on a preorder glitch making the LE the same price as the game only version (which brought it down to $32). GCU was very good for me last year.

Just an FYI, and not to start an argument but when the Vita launched in the USA the 3DS had already had one major price drop (because it wasn't selling well at all) from $250 all the way down to $170. So technically he was right about the Vita costing about twice as much as a 3DS when it launched once you add in the cost of a memory card. Especially if you bought the 32gb card at launch as that was $100 while the 16gb was $60. In that case the Vita was more than twice as much. Still the entry price at launch for a vita was $270 for the system and a measly 4gb memory card. Of course that $20 wasted on the 4gig card would just raise the overall cost of ownership since I think there are games with patches that exceed 4gb and it would need to be replaced pretty quick.

Thankfully by the time I was making my decision for a Vita the PSTV was getting dumped which gave me a cheap entry level device to try out. Worst case, it was another DS3 for my PS3 so the gamble was very small. Nicely for me it turned out to be an excellent little system.

Unrelated to that....

I still want to get Trails of Cold Steel but no doubt it'll be a year or more before I actually get around to playing it because of my large library of Vita games to dig through. Still, if it goes cheap I'll happily grab a copy. I'm thinking of setting a gaming budget for the month just to kind of limit my spending so I'm forced to think a little more about what I'm buying and the likelyhood of ever playing it. As it stands I'm thinking maybe $80 a month (roughly $20 a week). I can probably spend less than that easily, but I like the idea of giving myself enough for PSN purchases and stuff like those Dragon Quest games coming to the 3DS. Plus I still have $30 left for Fire Emblem Fates SE next month so that would still leave me extra to spend.

What, if any, limit do you guys put on game spending every month?

bread's done
Back