PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it includes all 19 AR cards! So if I'm just missing the wallet strap and the box.. then I'll be fine. Although I like that box.
Ya, you're totally not missing anything, then. Just the wallet strap (Which is one of the least useful preorder/collectors edition items I've ever gotten...a wallet strap? Doesn't even have any pictures of Miku or anything...just like a blue and black triangle pattern with the Project Mirai DX logo on the ends...) and the box, which is pretty much just a flimsy box with the case artwork and a few images of the bonuses overlaid on the back.

I'm playing persona 4 golden .... When the hell does this game start?!?!

Note - I have a sealed copy of Corpse Party Blood Drive I am looking to trade. If you're interested PM and we can figure something out. (Amazon sent me two. It is the CE/Launch version)

Starts about 3 hours in if I remember correctly.
Wow. For years I've been told to play this game. I also have the PS2 version sealed with the art guide (i dont collect sealed games, just never opened this one) ... really hoping the payoff is worth it. People really like this series.

Wow. For years I've been told to play this game. I also have the PS2 version sealed with the art guide (i dont collect sealed games, just never opened this one) ... really hoping the payoff is worth it. People really like this series.
The games pretty long just to warn you. Unless you don't spend much time grinding, doing social links or sidequests or trying to get specific persona/abilities. p4 vita does have quality of life improvement though since you can select skills to carry over when fusing now while in the first 3 versions of p3 and p4 vanilla you can't making fusion take forever since you have to back in an out.

since you are playing the vita version there's a bunch of tiny differences so if you plan on using a guide good luck as the guide writers are too lazy to make new ones. Had the same issues with p3. All persona location fusion info will be inaccurate especially since the levels abilities and new personas junk up the system.

Thanks man. I really wanted a physical copy for my collection :) If it ever shows up, I'll jump on it!
If you don't mind used, there are a few on Ebay under $20 and that includes shipping cost. But Amazon has it new for $20, so not really sure if the used is worth it.

It's been pretty cheap on a few occasions, but I haven't seen it really cheap in awhile.

To those that have bought games from the UK. Did you ever had your game get taken hostage by customs, and asking for additional fees? 

To those that have bought games from the UK. Did you ever had your game get taken hostage by customs, and asking for additional fees?
Not from the UK but I deal with shipping stuff internationally. If the customs declaration is filled out correctly, you're usually charged duties/taxes if it's coming into the country and depending on what shipping method was used

Seems pretty common when BBY has them sitting on shelves by the dozen.
Not all Best Buys I can assure you. The one I work at either never had any to begin with or sold what they got in prior to my starting there in late September.

Thanks man. I really wanted a physical copy for my collection :) If it ever shows up, I'll jump on it!
Yeah, this game has been at an MSRP of $19.99 for well over a year now, and GameSlop has been inclined to keep the used price at just a dollar or two below that at all times, which has kept the used pricing everywhere in excess of $10.

I have been ordering games from all over the world for years and have never paid customs fees. I did however, have my first package opened by customs just this week, It was a game from Play Asia. Customs opened the package on one side to take a peak and then sealed it back it up with their tape.

I have bought UK games for Zavvi before... try there when it comes back in stock:

http://www.zavvi.com/games-ps-vita/history-legends-of-war/10623749.html
I've kept an eye on it at Zavvi too (I'd love to land it for that price). I'm pretty sure it's been OOP for a while though, so I highly doubt Zavvi will have any more stock in. Sadly, I think eBay (or if you can find a third party seller on one of the European Amazons that will ship internationally) is probably going to be the only option from here on out.

Sooooo.....

That Libra of the Vampire VN currently up on Kickstarter?

It's funded, and $70,000 away from the Vita version.

I asked if it would be a physical or digital copy, and they just tweeted that it will indeed be a PHYSICAL copy if they reach the stretch goal.

4 days left, but hopefully some of the vita fan sites will post it and enough vita owners will pledge.
26 hours left here and $40k to go for the vita version.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2Fmikandijapan%2Flibra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english%2Fupdates&pid=13156913

Do we get a physical version for Vita if we pledge?
Tricky question, and not an easy answer.

According to information already posted by MiKandi, if the KS reaches the $210,000 stretch goal and you pledged $60 or more then they will ask if you'd like the PC or Vita version at some point in the near future.

If the stretch goal is not met, then most likely you will simply receive the PC version.

It's clear they intend to make the Vita version, for the Japanese market certainly. But the English version, if not fully funded in this KickStarter, is rather up in the air. If the finance goal isn't met they claim they will still pursue making the (English version) for the Vita, but it will be delayed at the best, and may end up as a digital-only release at that point. Funding has picked up a bit since they added that prologue episode stretch goal, so I am sincerely hoping it will propel the campaign right on up through Stretch Goal 3 (Vita) before the time runs out Tuesday.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/description

CZCfcFKVAAAs9-F.jpg

Don't'ya just love the sense of humor this developer has?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/description

CZAdLQVWYAEfNE7.jpg

Sadly, I would only pledge if the Vita version was 100%. I know it's a "damned if you do(don't)" scenario. I need to pledge to help get them to their goal for the Vita, but I don't want a PC copy of the game if the pledge amount isn't met, so it's a no go for me.

That's the downside of these stretch goals. More often than not, they are really only for those who don't want the base items, but no one is going to pledge for an item they want, but may not get, if the goal isn't met.

I'm sure if they said 100% they will offer a Vita version as a reward, they would for sure get more pledges near the end, than with just the crossed fingers hoping for the best crowd that normally watches near the end, but I guess these companies just don't work that way.

They said they'll still pursue the Physical Vita version. I can see them partnering up with LRG if that's the case or just do a limited print run by themselves.

They said they'll still pursue the Physical Vita version. I can see them partnering up with LRG if that's the case or just do a limited print run by themselves.
This is where having an option to pledge under the idea that the Vita game will happen, but if it doesn't(for whatever reason), I can opt out if I don't want the other versions offered.

Within the rules of KS, I'm sure something like this isn't really possible, but it would really help a lot of these guys out, especially near the end, if something like this was offered.

There have been several campaigns I wanted to pledge to over the years, just because they have stretch goals I'm interested in. Sadly, due to only wanting a stretch goal version, I just can't risk pledging, only to get a game down the road I didn't really want.

Having an opt out option after the campaign has ended would allow me to pledge way more often(since the risk is now greatly reduced), so for me, it's seems like a good idea.

Tricky question, and not an easy answer.

According to information already posted by MiKandi, if the KS reaches the $210,000 stretch goal and you pledged $60 or more then they will ask if you'd like the PC or Vita version at some point in the near future.

If the stretch goal is not met, then most likely you will simply receive the PC version.

It's clear they intend to make the Vita version, for the Japanese market certainly. But the English version, if not fully funded in this KickStarter, is rather up in the air. If the finance goal isn't met they claim they will still pursue making the (English version) for the Vita, but it will be delayed at the best, and may end up as a digital-only release at that point. Funding has picked up a bit since they added that prologue episode stretch goal, so I am sincerely hoping it will propel the campaign right on up through Stretch Goal 3 (Vita) before the time runs out Tuesday.:

CZCfcFKVAAAs9-F.jpg

Don't'ya just love the sense of humor this developer has?

I would watch the shit out of a Lost Boys/24 crossover film. Jack Bauer becomes a vampire to fight the vampire terrorists.

giphy.gif

This is where having an option to pledge under the idea that the Vita game will happen, but if it doesn't(for whatever reason), I can opt out if I don't want the other versions offered.

Within the rules of KS, I'm sure something like this isn't really possible, but it would really help a lot of these guys out, especially near the end, if something like this was offered.

There have been several campaigns I wanted to pledge to over the years, just because they have stretch goals I'm interested in. Sadly, due to only wanting a stretch goal version, I just can't risk pledging, only to get a game down the road I didn't really want.

Having an opt out option after the campaign has ended would allow me to pledge way more often(since the risk is now greatly reduced), so for me, it's seems like a good idea.
At least we still have Muv-Luv.

Yes. I know Muv Luv got funded. I was referring to Muv Luv getting a for sure physical release by November.

Wow, super excited about the Oddworld LRG release. I can't believe they got another 1,000 followers that fast.
50 people creating multiple accounts.. :whistle2:

I'm one of those "rabid fan base" I guess, used to have 3 physical games and looking to buy digital Vita games on sales.. now I have 34 physical (with at least 2 more on pre-order) and have been buying much less digital versions. Even picking up a few physical versions of digital games I already own..

I'm really looking forward to Oddworld. Just hope I can get a copy before all the scalpers. It's annoying to see how many sealed Breach & Clear copies are listed or have sold on ebay.

About time Limitedrungames does a game worth owning.
They had to prove the concept before risking more well known properties. I don't think it's sarcastically "about time", as if this has taken forever. Rather it's right on schedule considering they are still pretty new to publishing. Hopefully though this leads to more stuff I'm actually interested in getting published. I'd love to see Fez or La Mulana EX get physical versions.

Debating on what version of Saturday Morning RPG to get. PS4 or Vita? With or without CD?

Right now, I'm leaning toward just getting the vanilla Vita version.

bread's done
Back