PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah, I'm also in for Dungeon Travelers 2. I'm enjoying the demo much more than I expected, and who knows how long it'll take Gamestop to drop the used price low enough to compete with this Best Buy new price after GCU?

Well much like Rebirth 3 and Lost Dimension there will be very cheap and frequent PSN sales on DT2 in about 5 weeks once I'm ineligible for return.

Quite a few games added to clearance at Best Buy:
Dengeki Bunko $24.99 ($19.99 w/GCU)
Danganronpa Another Episode $31.99 ($25.59 w/GCU)
Dungeon Travelers 2 $31.99 ($25.59 w/GCU)
Code: Realize $29.99 ($23.99 w/GCU)
Thanks! I just placed an order at my best buy for in store pick up on DT2.

Dangit I just bought DT2 yesterday at GameStop for full price. Granted, I had a ton of cred (and none at BB), but still...the CAG in me cringes when this sort of thing happens.

On the bright side, however, it was the "Launch" copy that came with the calendar/art book, and this particular GS kept all of that! The clerk was a cool dude...he said that he always keeps that stuff when they have to use a launch/first print copy as a display, so even months later when someone finally buys it they can have all the goodies. That calendar is...shall we say...interesting.

Were there any first print run goodies with Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls? The other Danganronpa games seem to stay in stock regularly on amazon for 29.99 so I may just wait it out. I have enough of a backlog right meow.

Time to find Danganronpa Another Episode at my Best Buy. Think there was about 5 or so copies. Dungeon Travelers 2 I know one Best Buy had about 11-12 copies and another 7 or so. Pretty common in my area.

Heads up everyone, Tecmo Koei announced on their Twitter the following.:

Atelier E&L Plus will come with early purchase bonus DLCs. They will be available from Jan 26 - Feb 22.
The game is presently listed as "Out of Stock" at the NISA Store, but for all who have ordered a copy don't forget to download that free DLC while it's available! These are the free DLC's in question.:

CZFxZb_UgAAPadk.jpg

CZFw99SVIAAYO83.jpg

CZFwzz2U8AAjgI3.jpg

CZFxKGXVAAAZdNJ.jpg

Thanks for the reminder hopefully I can get all the costumes from the PSN store unlike the Rorona Plus ones I got from Gamestop at the time.

Also hope Gal Peace has a physical release. It shouldn't be full priced though from what I've seen of the game.

Looks like Corpse Party Blood Drive was also added to clearance with Best Buy at $31.99 ($25.59 w/GCU).
Well much like Rebirth 3 and Lost Dimension there will be very cheap and frequent PSN sales on DT2 in about 5 weeks once I'm ineligible for return.
Dungeon Travelers 2 $31.99 ($25.59 w/GCU)
I'm starting to think I need to stop buying all these niche JP games at full price because they all inevitably go on clearance for much cheaper. Is 3 x $6.40 worth the peace of mind? That's $19.20 off $96 if you waited, for these three games.

Buy games when you feel. Xseed, Atlus, NISA, IFI.....none of them under produce their regular edition games. Same for Bandai Namco too.....regular editions will always go down eventually in price.

I know I wont get Megadimension Neptunia, Langrisser, ProjectxZone 2, others I'm sure. Rare games aren't as common anymore unless it's specifically only available on 1 store such as the Firefly NISA game.

Buy games when you feel. Xseed, Atlus, NISA, IFI.....none of them under produce their regular edition games. Same for Bandai Namco too.....regular editions will always go down eventually in price.

I know I wont get Megadimension Neptunia, Langrisser, ProjectxZone 2, others I'm sure. Rare games aren't as common anymore unless it's specifically only available on 1 store such as the Firefly NISA game.
And Arno surge Plus

I'm starting to think I need to stop buying all these niche JP games at full price because they all inevitably go on clearance for much cheaper. Is 3 x $6.40 worth the peace of mind? That's $19.20 off $96 if you waited, for these three games.
Just be picky when buying anything beyond the niche of games you have a passion for and it'll make resisting random other games easier. I think of all the physical games I've bought in my life, probably 1% (or less) were bought at launch. I've pretty much always been cheap because I pretty much had to be from an early age if I wanted the most bang for the few bucks I had.

I'm low on money right now, but I've got some Best Buy credit. Deciding if I she buy Despair Girls now or save theccredit for an upcoming game.
Not going to spoil the game but I read some feedback on it and some super offensive stuff they included in the game. Maybe read up on it to be sure you even want it. I bought the first two games used... opted to pass on the third one because there are just some things I don't need in games ever.

Not going to spoil the game but I read some feedback on it and some super offensive stuff they included in the game. Maybe read up on it to be sure you even want it. I bought the first two games used... opted to pass on the third one because there are just some things I don't need in games ever.
Maybe I'm insensitive, but I also read up on that stuff before playing the game and didn't think it was very offensive at all. A bit uncomfortable, maybe (totally expected given the subject matter), but not offensive.

I dont buy games at launch anymore unless I really really want it.

I dont find the stuff in Ultra Despair as offensive.
Me either (saw a video of some bad stuff...need to play it!). Course I'm likely bleached to not be offended playing many visual novels of all types....

Went for DT2 (which I will probably return since Idk if I'll play it).

Left BBY with.............(all of which I impusle bought due to hearing they were on clearance; I'll keep my reciept handy as I think I'd rather get Cyber Sleuth)

20sysfk.jpg

Left BBY with.............(all of which I impusle bought due to hearing they were on clearance; I'll keep my reciept handy as I think I'd rather get Cyber Sleuth)
Dungeon Travelers 2 is a very good dungeon RPG. It was easily my favorite after the initial learning curve I played last year...which I didn't play many last year. I was enjoying it more than my play of Moe Chronicle and what I played of Operation Abyss.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is a very good dungeon RPG. It was easily my favorite after the initial learning curve I played last year...which I didn't play many last year. I was enjoying it more than my play of Moe Chronicle and what I played of Operation Abyss.
I've actually never played a Dungeon crawler...so I guess I'll try this one to see if I like the genre.

I wish some of the BBY clearance was cheaper. Corpse Party feels a tad too expensive still.

20sysfk.jpg
DT2 is probably the best of the there you picked up though.

The demo gives an excellent overview since well it's the first few hours of the game! Transfers over well and the story is fun. Also the story stuff is generally decent for you to be able to beat the game as you wish. The later more meaty after beating the game will require my optimization of course...I haven't started that...but will someday. Also the story is fun for the most part and they are many cute girls.

It's also challenging. Every boss fight is a matter of life and death. Trust me when I say you need healing.....just trust me on that. Highly recommended of course even though the extra calendar is quite crappy. It is pretty cheap and doesn't really act well as a calendar.

Thanks guys. Got both Dungeon Travelers 2 and Danganronpa. Couldn't care less about Corpse Party. Also, I know it's a 3DS game but Moco Moco Friends from Aksyss is $25 with GCU.

I usually base what I play next on time to beat.....just looked at DT2

DT2 Average TimetoBeat: 71 hours for main content o_O

The one thing to remember is there is a story in this....makes it feel less repetitive IMHO than others who are like Etrian Odyssey where it's like oh yeah you need to save the land....bye bye story (this is different in the Untold games though the story still isn't great). It is a bit repetitive and does require grinding for skill points sometimes. I also feel magic is maybe not strong enough compared to physical (maybe in the post game it's better). 

FYI, Oddworld New 'n' Tasty is now out digitally on Vita. It's a cross-buy with the PS4 version, and happens to be on sale right now ($8 instead of $20, IIRC).

Here's an article that goes over some of the changes specific to the Vita version: http://www.truetrophies.com/n7288/oddworld-new-n-tasty-is-out-now-on-vita.htm
It's free if you downloaded the PS4 version when it was on PS+.

This Is perfect because now I can keep the physical version sealed whenever it comes out.

I usually base what I play next on time to beat.....just looked at DT2

DT2 Average TimetoBeat: 71 hours for main content o_O
You really don't play them, lol. Etrian Odyssey takes me 80-100 hours each, and I've beaten all 4. Almost beat Untold 2 too, but that was such a bore.

Gal*Gun Trailer

NSFW... the one part is quite iffy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgHkrwcths[/youtube]

So that is an odd trailer... not really that odd to my eyes, other then the surplus of school girls getting "photographed"/shot.

So is the explanation that cupids arrow was placed in a gun/camera?

As a Japanese Vita game, this interests me. I first read it and confused it with Valkyrie Drive whatsit, the OTHER girl gun game, and really wondered how that could possibly be unchanged in localization.

Gal*Gun Trailer

NSFW... the one part is quite iffy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgHkrwcths[/youtube]

So that is an odd trailer... not really that odd to my eyes, other then the surplus of school girls getting "photographed"/shot.

So is the explanation that cupids arrow was placed in a gun/camera?

As a Japanese Vita game, this interests me. I first read it and confused it with Valkyrie Drive whatsit, the OTHER girl gun game, and really wondered how that could possibly be unchanged in localization.
We'll be able to play it in all of its uncensored glory.

bread's done
Back