PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update! I'm taking my Vita this week for my work trip. Definitely won't update it. Now to figure which games I should bring with me for the week...

I am hoping that i will be able to get into the backer kit for Libra of the Vampire Princess late like i did with Muv Luv Trilogy. Anyone know if they will open it up to reach the goals?

I am hoping that i will be able to get into the backer kit for Libra of the Vampire Princess late like i did with Muv Luv Trilogy. Anyone know if they will open it up to reach the goals?
Yes, and it should open in three days according to one of the recent updates.

So quick question. I'm new to the vita scene, and have yet to buy a memory card because I'm cheap. Can I not play Atelier Escha & Logy Plus without it?

It says 2.5 gigs so if you card can handle that you're good...of course have some more for saves...Of course if you have the physical just need space for saves.

I had the battery problem before that update that made everyone else have it. I thought something was wrong with my Vita, but the newest update that broke it for everyone else seemed to fix mine.
The irony is I was having issues weeks back prior to this update and now everyone else is. Its like justice or karma.

I've been on 3.57 for at least a week now and have no issues whatsoever.

Wifi off, in normal sleep mode and no drain. The store has always been buggy IMO but nothing usual. I'm using a slim Vita if that helps ease your mind.

It probably is the wi-fi hanging. Wi-fi off or airplane mode seems to "fix" it for most people. However, I've always had it on for PS+ auto-download / cloud save / trophy sync, so it's a hindrance to turn it off.

Just curious about something; if you import a physical game from another region, do you have to use a different memory card to store the save on?

I know you have to have a memory card set up for the right region for digital games, but I was wondering if physical carts were equally limited.

Just curious about something; if you import a physical game from another region, do you have to use a different memory card to store the save on?

I know you have to have a memory card set up for the right region for digital games, but I was wondering if physical carts were equally limited.
no

I've been on 3.57 for at least a week now and have no issues whatsoever.

Wifi off, in normal sleep mode and no drain. The store has always been buggy IMO but nothing usual. I'm using a slim Vita if that helps ease your mind.
I have a slim also, and my vita won't hold a charge longer than eight hours in sleep mode. Probably less actually. Airplane mode didn't help either. Sony needs to acknowledge this shit.

I picked up Trails of Cold Steel lionheart edition at best buy.  I decided that I'd get it while I could with the game club discount. I also picked up Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls on clearance at best buy since I liked the first one. 

How is Corpse Party: Blood Drive?  They have a couple copies of my BB  and I'm tempted.  Do you need to play the PSP games to understand this one?

From what you guys are saying, I'm glad I don't update my vita very often.  I made sure to disable auto updates in the settings.

How is Corpse Party: Blood Drive? They have a couple copies of my BB and I'm tempted. Do you need to play the PSP games to understand this one?
I was disappointed overall by it because of the mostly unlikable cast, annoying story, weird chibi-style graphics, and loading screens everywhere (even when you enter the menu with Triangle, and every time you choose something there). The music and sound design were pretty good, though.

And while you don't need to play the PSP games, you will need to read up on what happened in previous installments as Blood Drive assumes you played them.

I haven't had any problems with my update. Actually, I accidentally left my ssystem in sleep mode with wifi on for about two days, and the battery was still full.
Same here. Even after going in the store on Friday and downloading a few games... I'm having no issues with battery drain on my slim. In fact, it's been a week or more since I charged my Vita and I'm just one bar down from a full charge and when I'm not playing it, it's in sleep mode.

I feel for the people that have the issue though. I wonder if a hard reset and database rebuild will fix the issue? Or removing & reinserting the game & memory card? Or at worst case backing up all save data to the cloud (for PS+ folks, just to be safe) then hard resetting and formatting the system (not the memory card, maybe even remove the memory card to begin with) back to factory and then updating it from factory to current. IF I was having the issue I wouldn't just wait for sony to fix it since there's no telling what the cause is.

Also, of note, every game I've played this last week was a digital release. I have a physical game in my cart slot but I haven't started it. I also have all games&apps I'm not using fully closed so they aren't running in the background. So all that I have open is the current game I'm playing (right now that's FF Origins with FF1 running) & the trophy app.

I also haven't had any problems with my Crystal White OLED Vita after downloading the latest update.

I picked up Trails of Cold Steel lionheart edition at best buy. I decided that I'd get it while I could with the game club discount. I also picked up Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls on clearance at best buy since I liked the first one.

How is Corpse Party: Blood Drive? They have a couple copies of my BB and I'm tempted. Do you need to play the PSP games to understand this one?

From what you guys are saying, I'm glad I don't update my vita very often. I made sure to disable auto updates in the settings.
Ultra Despair Girls takes place after the 2nd game, so you probably want to play that first to avoid any spoilers FYI.

I wasn't even aware of the update issues until last night when I could not get to the PSN store from my PSTV. Honestly had thought it was something with my internet connection. But popped into this thread and found the sad truth.

Hope Sony fixes this soon. Those PS+ games coming tomorrow are going to be a barrel of fun on Vita/PSTV!

I know there is another thread for this, but I don't know how often it is checked, so I want to ask here:  Does anyone have a full cover art scan for Putty Squad for the Vita?  I found a used copy w/o the art and would love to "complete" it until I can find a real copy.

Thanks

Ultra Despair Girls takes place after the 2nd game, so you probably want to play that first to avoid any spoilers FYI.
I thought it took place between the two? Ultra Despair does, however, spoil parts of Danganronpa 2, and I'd also suggest playing it after that.

Does anyone have a list of games that are physical releases in other countries that either have English language option (like Digimon) or are easily playable without knowing the other language? It's really hard keeping track of this stuff.

I still have no idea what actually happens in that game but I found this picture and want it even more now:

kan-colle-kai-573x600.png

Anyone think it's a good idea to buy Digimon Cyber Sleuth"English Asian"
version from PlayAsia now or wait for a price drop/sale..? Don't want to wait then see it go out of stock.. The Cheapness in me says wait but I dont know..

Most of us feel that way about a lot of video games, things always seem too expensive. Don't regret it like Oreshika, sealed is like $150, even though PSN has it for $20. If you want that badly, get 'em get 'em get 'em.

Wait on Cyber Sleuth.

Most likely not going to sell that well to NA since it's a hardcore niche series. It will drop relatively fast, much like HDN Mega

Yea I missed out on Oreshika like a lot of people.. Then payed $60 on Ebay & still have'nt opened it yet.. Missed out on Soul Sacrifice Delta English physical also & then payed $90 on Ebay for that & still have not played it yet.. Lol.. At least Digimon would only be $55 to keep my collecting O.C.D. at bay.. Also Want to pick up Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ English from PlayAsia & DariusBurst Chronicles Saviours.
And the list never ends.. As the backlog grows..

Yea I missed out on Oreshika like a lot of people.. Then payed $60 on Ebay & still have'nt opened it yet.. Missed out on Soul Sacrifice Delta English physical also & then payed $90 on Ebay for that & still have not played it yet.. Lol.. At least Digimon would only be $55 to keep my collecting O.C.D. at bay.. Also Want to pick up Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ English from PlayAsia & DariusBurst Chronicles Saviours.
And the list never ends.. As the backlog grows..
DariusBurst Chronicles Saviours isn't in English. If you want to start buying Japanese text games with Vita release your collection will get a lot bigger. Also don't forget Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess also got English cart for Asia

bread's done
Back