PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my copy SMRPG for the vita from LRG in the mail, yay. My sympathies to you Square.
giphy.gif

from LRG twitter:

"All orders should ship by the end of Sunday"

and

"Yeah, lots of orders for one person to handle. We're aiming to have a fulfillment center our next run for faster shipment." (Oddworld?)

I sent a nice email out to the guy, as he probably is dreading opening emails at this point. To bad I missed out on the Signed copies offer on Monday.

I wonder if they're sending them out alphabetically, because if it's by last name that would explain why I got mine so early and others are still waiting.

Anybody have the GS blue Vita? Is it gorgeous?
I picked up the Aqua Blue Vita when GS had it on sale a few months ago. I considered it for a long time before that, it took me a while to warm up to the color and style (already have two black phat Vitas, but wanted a slim one too). I really like the Aqua Blue style, particularly the way they left the area around the screen black, to make it stand out more. The blue on the front (and outside edges of back, not the touchscreen area) is a matte type finish, not glossy, which I think is a better idea than making the whole thing glossy. And the LCD screen looks fantastic, really a nice quality screen, but different from the OLED Vitas that have very rich, almost oversaturated colors (but I like that style too).

It's interesting that they made the buttons and dpad blue to match the system, but left the analog sticks black; I thought they might have made all the face buttons, sticks, and dpad black, but they opted to make most of them blue. Might make it a little harder to see the symbols on the 4 main buttons, but I like it OK.

However, I will say that it may be a matter of taste; some people might find the Aqua Blue to be a little too childlike in terms of color, or if they don't like blue in general, they might just not like it at all. You might want to find out if they like the color before picking it up, if possible.

Interesting... I wonder if NISA limited editions will no longer be exclusive to the NISA store going forward.
Wondering the same thing, was rather shocked to learn it is being offered through the likes of GameSlop.

Mine hasn't shipped either for Vita.
Same here, less than two hundred miles from LRG but apparently my order will be one of the last to ship, or so it seems.

Wondering the same thing, was rather shocked to learn it is being offered through the likes of GameSlop.
If NISA thinks there will be a good market for a game, they'll sell the LE outside of their store. They did it with Disgaea 5, but not with Witch and The Hundred Knight.

I picked up the Aqua Blue Vita when GS had it on sale a few months ago. I considered it for a long time before that, it took me a while to warm up to the color and style (already have two black phat Vitas, but wanted a slim one too). I really like the Aqua Blue style, particularly the way they left the area around the screen black, to make it stand out more. The blue on the front (and outside edges of back, not the touchscreen area) is a matte type finish, not glossy, which I think is a better idea than making the whole thing glossy. And the LCD screen looks fantastic, really a nice quality screen, but different from the OLED Vitas that have very rich, almost oversaturated colors (but I like that style too).

It's interesting that they made the buttons and dpad blue to match the system, but left the analog sticks black; I thought they might have made all the face buttons, sticks, and dpad black, but they opted to make most of them blue. Might make it a little harder to see the symbols on the 4 main buttons, but I like it OK.

However, I will say that it may be a matter of taste; some people might find the Aqua Blue to be a little too childlike in terms of color, or if they don't like blue in general, they might just not like it at all. You might want to find out if they like the color before picking it up, if possible.
Thanks for the detailed description! Will most likely grab it.

EDIT: Bought. My store didn't have it in store, so had to pay $1 shipping

FYI for anyone near Buffalo. The PS TV bundle with lego movie and sly cooper games is finally being clearanced at the Walmart stores in Western New York. They are currently marked down to 49.97 for most of the stores.  Most importantly, the game vouchers inside expire 3/31/2016.  

For those that haven't received a shipping notification for a game from LRG... I got my notification for B&C long after the game arrived.  So I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the email.  Just give it a week and if it doesn't show then worry.

FYI for anyone near Buffalo. The PS TV bundle with lego movie and sly cooper games is finally being clearanced at the Walmart stores in Western New York. They are currently marked down to 49.97 for most of the stores. Most importantly, the game vouchers inside expire 3/31/2016.
Has anyone seen this in California? I checked last week and they were $80 still... Hoping this deal comes my way.

So I had a package arrive today which I thought was my copy of SMRPG from LRG. But the package felt heavy, I felt two Vita games inside. Holy crap, I think I got one of the copies of Breach and Clear! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it! OH MY GOODNESS! I ripped open the package and I found... A copy of God of War Collection and Freedom Wars that I ordered from Best Buy. They shipped the day before and I didn't realize they would get there so soon. Silly me.

When does that bonus glitch discount usually show up? I don't have any discount on my order page at the moment and I am a prime member
Sometime after the 20% off discount shows up. Also, the 40% discount might not even happen, so don't get your hopes up.

i'd also like to know about this 40% off. I see the 20% now.
It's glitching on games that don't have it applied when they go live. Something is flagging it twice so people are getting 40% off, so people are putting in preorders now in the hopes that it will happen repeatedly. It doesn't happen for everything, so don't expect much out of it.

Stranger of Sword City LE on amazon is showing up with the 20% discount for prime members.
I already have it pre-ordered through NISA, and I ordered it with Atelier Escha&Logy LE to get free shipping. Shipping for one of these would be more than I would save by switching to Amazon due to adding shipping for the other, plus NISA doesn't charge me tax.

I will definitely keep this in mind for future NISA titles.

Sometime after the 20% off discount shows up. Also, the 40% discount might not even happen, so don't get your hopes up.

It's glitching on games that don't have it applied when they go live. Something is flagging it twice so people are getting 40% off, so people are putting in preorders now in the hopes that it will happen repeatedly. It doesn't happen for everything, so don't expect much out of it.
Should I have preordered when it first went live (before the 20% started showing up)?

Should I have preordered when it first went live (before the 20% started showing up)?
yes. if you place the order after the 20% officially appear then 20% is the most you will have a chance at. The glitch only has a chance if you place the order as soon as a listing goes up before the 20% officially show up.

I wonder how limited these will be now that Amazon is selling them? Normally at launch, these NISA LE sets are sold out, or close to it, but at least with their counter, you know what your dealing with Qty wise.

Now, no telling how these will play out. I don't have prime, and considering my luck with Amazon shipping, I'd have to be getting a great discount to even think about ordering anything LE from them.

I'm glad to pay NISA a few extra dollars, as they ship products like they expect them to be rolled over by a car. The stuff I get from Amazon often looks like it has been ran over by a car. LOL

Any thoughts on Borderlands 2 for Vita? Worth the $3.99 it's on sale for ... I'm probably going to grab it, even knowing it's not a great port ... but is it unplayable?

Got my Saturday Morning RPG Vita Game today
Goy mine too. Although mine was supposed to be the soundtrack bundle, and they didn't include it in the package. I didn't even get a signed postcard, only a normal one. :(

fc6359188388904a0c7dedca964f4d67.jpg

I looked on the LRG site and there's no mention of a contact email, so I posted in the NeoGAF thread hoping they will respond there.

Goy mine too. Although mine was supposed to be the soundtrack bundle, and they didn't include it in the package. I didn't even get a signed postcard, only a normal one. :(

fc6359188388904a0c7dedca964f4d67.jpg

I looked on the LRG site and there's no mention of a contact email, so I posted in the NeoGAF thread hoping they will respond there.
yea none of them actually comes signed. I just emailed Doug at LRG before my shipped out and nicely gave them my order number and asked if he could please have the entire Saturday Morning RPG team sign the postcard i knew they were sending with all the orders and he responded within a couple of minutes saying no problem. Others i know had them even sign the game itself.

also the best way to reach them about not getting the sound track would be via there twitter page. https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames

they usually respond way fast there.

Well, talk about customer service - they sent me a PM right away on NeoGAF and asked for the order number. Nice!

yea none of them actually comes signed. I just emailed Doug at LRG before my shipped out and nicely gave them my order number and asked if he could please have the entire Saturday Morning RPG team sign the postcard i knew they were sending with all the orders and he responded within a couple of minutes saying no problem. Others i know had them even sign the game itself.

also the best way to reach them about not getting the sound track would be via there twitter page. https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames

they usually respond way fast there.
Aw, if I would have known, I would have asked too. I'm proud to say I bought the iOS version when it was first released way back when, before there was such thing as free to play. Then I bought on Steam. This is my third copy. I love this game... :D

So I had a package arrive today which I thought was my copy of SMRPG from LRG. But the package felt heavy, I felt two Vita games inside. Holy crap, I think I got one of the copies of Breach and Clear! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it! OH MY GOODNESS! I ripped open the package and I found... A copy of God of War Collection and Freedom Wars that I ordered from Best Buy. They shipped the day before and I didn't realize they would get there so soon. Silly me.
The Limited Run Game mailers are Black bubble mailers, that have a large Postal sticker on it.

seen here

bread's done
Back