PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
they made DJMax physical copies in US? fuck that. i imported it from korea like crazy expensive.
So I had a weird and lucky occurrence with my game hunting that this reminded me of. A few months after the P4G Collector's Edition went out of stock everywhere, I started ebay hunting because I had money finally. I found someone selling a sealed unit for $90 (I believe MSRP was $80 so I wasn't upset). I bought it and shortly after, received a message from the seller. Long story short, the guy was selling it for a friend but the box was crushed and he didn't know that until he got it from them in the middle of the listing period. He said I could take that one, or take a $30 paypal refund and get a fully intact open one. Original box and all. I happily accepted.

When I opened the box, I immediately inspected the hard case. I was happy to see that there was a spot to hold Vita cartridges. However, to my surprise, there were 2 cartridges left in the case. Hot Shots Golf (eh) and DJ Max for Vita. Easily the best $50 I've ever spent.

So I had a weird and lucky occurrence with my game hunting that this reminded me of. A few months after the P4G Collector's Edition went out of stock everywhere, I started ebay hunting because I had money finally. I found someone selling a sealed unit for $90 (I believe MSRP was $80 so I wasn't upset). I bought it and shortly after, received a message from the seller. Long story short, the guy was selling it for a friend but the box was crushed and he didn't know that until he got it from them in the middle of the listing period. He said I could take that one, or take a $30 paypal refund and get a fully intact open one. Original box and all. I happily accepted.

When I opened the box, I immediately inspected the hard case. I was happy to see that there was a spot to hold Vita cartridges. However, to my surprise, there were 2 cartridges left in the case. Hot Shots Golf (eh) and DJ Max for Vita. Easily the best $50 I've ever spent.
u sir r a lucky SOB lol. thats a crazy deal!!!

okay, so I have the choice of one of these two games for a present. Which one would you all choose?

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Ys:Memories of Celceta
My two cents: By far the worst Uncharted entry that I have played (haven't played the PSP one though). Way to many vita add ons that just seemed to slow down the gameplay. I really hated taking the damned photos too. Ys is on my wish list, but am waiting for it to drop under $20... Hoping for $15.

My two cents: By far the worst Uncharted entry that I have played (haven't played the PSP one though). Way to many vita add ons that just seemed to slow down the gameplay. I really hated taking the damned photos too. Ys is on my wish list, but am waiting for it to drop under $20... Hoping for $15.
To my knowledge, there wasn't a PSP Uncharted?

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Been a long day. Let me revise my statement. Golden abyss is the worst of the uncharted games... But I haven't played psn fight for fortune.

Uncharted abyss is a great action 3rd person shooter on the vita, it captures alot of the console AAA feel. It does contain some vita gimmicky controls to showcase the system features when climbing or solving puzzles but does not hinder the core gameplay. I would not rank it the bottom of the series. My only grip was a section of the end boss fight used a gimic which made it tedious instead of fun.

I'd personally rank them U2, U1, U3, then UGA. I found the whole game somewhat mediocre and slow and a bother to finish. I totally agree with you about the end though. That boss fight was a huge letdown. If the series had started with that entry, there wouldn't be a series.

Honestly, GA is my favorite of all the Uncharted games. I know I'm in the minority, but I have ran a cross a few others who feel as I do.

Drake is a "Treasure Hunter", but yet, there is ZERO reason to ever collect the treasures scatter around the levels unless your going for completeness, but otherwise, it serves no purpose. 

GA is the only game in the series that actually awards you for finding the treasures scatter around the levels, by adding more to the story, and the characters when done so. Yes, GA didn't have the HUGE set pieces of the consoles games, but I found that to be a plus.

I agree, that there was some useless gimmicks added to GA, but for the most part, it didn't distract from the overall game experience. This is actually the only Uncharted game I actually played more than once, as I found it fun to try and find everything, since it helps to had to the overall game, and not just a 100% check list like the console games.

I loved GA, but sadly, others did not, so it's unlikely a sequel would ever be made, but it's my favorite of the bunch so far.

Thanks for the advice guys... I ended up asking for Y's just because there was so many mixed reviews on U:GA.  I loved U2, but U3 was kinda of a letdown and I will likely buy U4 mid March when it shows up on all its glory on ps4.

I've never played a Ys game before... anyone here play it and like it?

Thanks for the advice guys... I ended up asking for Y's just because there was so many mixed reviews on U:GA. I loved U2, but U3 was kinda of a letdown and I will likely buy U4 mid March when it shows up on all its glory on ps4.

I've never played a Ys game before... anyone here play it and like it?
yes and yes. the story is serviceable but not the focus of the game. Basically you roam around the map beating up bad guys. it's great fun

HOLY CRAP HAVE I FOUND OTHERS WHO WERE DISAPPOINTED BY U3 LIKE I WAS??

Seriously I spend so much time arguing with people why U3 was not good compared to the other games. Like seriously. Predictable plot, lacks any sort of commitment to the twists (he's dead lol no he isn't just kidding), set pieces designed before the story, then the story was written to fit in anything they had already made. Don't get me started on the number of times the game fell into the pattern of "kill wave of enemies, then kill wave of slightly stronger enemies, then kill wave of same enemies but more of them and repeat" syndrome.

You guys are good people.

HOLY CRAP HAVE I FOUND OTHERS WHO WERE DISAPPOINTED BY U3 LIKE I WAS??

Seriously I spend so much time arguing with people why U3 was not good compared to the other games. Like seriously. Predictable plot, lacks any sort of commitment to the twists (he's dead lol no he isn't just kidding), set pieces designed before the story, then the story was written to fit in anything they had already made. Don't get me started on the number of times the game fell into the pattern of "kill wave of enemies, then kill wave of slightly stronger enemies, then kill wave of same enemies but more of them and repeat" syndrome.

You guys are good people.
but U2 is such a masterpiece. wish U4 can do better especially since i ordered the CE

Yeah I just played U3 out of sheer loyalty to U2  but it was not as good.  similar to Mass effect 3 to mass effect 2 (though not as bad).

U3 was the weakest of all the games for me. I didn't care for it at all.
I know too many people who regard it as their favorite. But I have recorded comments on another forum years ago after they showed the first image of Drake in the desert and me writing a summary of how the plot would be about Atlantis and everything I said was true. It was way too predictable.

According to The O Network

Yomawari Physical Editions: If they do it will be VERY limited. stay tuned. Just like Firefly Diaries

https://twitter.com/tononet/status/701981079851249664

According to the new update from Libra of the Vampire Princess they only have "limited space" for anyone who didn't jump in before the KS ended. So if you are looking to get in you might want to get the invite now just in case. They are only $11,500 away now from the vita version being funded but from my earlier talk with their rep Jonathan today they still have not heard an answer from Sony.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/posts

Most excellent news indeed! MiKandi Japan made an announcement yesterday (Monday).

In just the mere four days that BackerKit was been up and running, over $15,000 has been added with new and increased existing pledges through BackerKit so far! Libra of the Vampire Princess is now less than $12,000 away from the PS Vita physical game stretch goal! And with a little over three weeks still remaining to pledge through BackerKit, things are very looking hopeful for the Vita version getting made. :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/posts/1496132

No better time to pledge than right now. If just 199 (one hundred and ninety-nine) more people will pledge the minimum amount required for a physical copy of this game, the Vita stretch goal will be met!  ^_^

libra_backerkit.jpg

Haven't gotten a cancelation from DD yet. Fingers crossed but I don't have my hopes up.

I did get my copy of Space Hulk today and I think this is officially the worst box art I have ever seen for a game. Looks fake, honestly.

What's wrong with me? I barely use my Vita and I just bought four more games for it. Code Embryo, Dead or Alive 5, Dynasty Warriors 8 XL, and Injustice Ultimate Edition. Vita, why won't you die, so I can save my monies? ,_,

Received cancellation notice overnight, claiming that it was Out Of Stock. At least they didn't pull the "we can't get payment verification from your card" bullshit like they've done for previous price mistakes.
That's the excuse that I got in the email. I laughed cause I have a little over 4 grand in the bank saved up for my trip next month (like I'm really going to spend that much during wrestlemania weekend), but I'm not going to complain since I already have it ordered at gamestop

Does Tearaway (Vita) differ much from Tearaway (PS4)?
If this is to be believed, it's all new. EDIT: it's up to you, and wow this trailer is informative and odd.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi4fiGZmwyE[/youtube]

So I picked up p4dan CE yesterday since it seemed like a good deal. I haven't played through p4g yet though. Is it possible to use p4dan as a entry to the series or should I really play through p4g first? Ive been waiting for p4g just because of the amount of time I'll need to sink into it, and I doubt p4dan is the same length plus I love rhythm games.

bread's done
Back