PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how they'll release everything they plan to in 2016, unless their initial estimate of 13 or so included different console/handheld versions of the same title.
I believe that 13 game estimate included PS4 titles, but I could be wrong. For certain they have been unable to meet their original planned goal of one or more game releases per month, but I can't fault them for that since timelines for Sony Quality Assurance and manufacturing production are really outside of their control.

Weren't there some people looking for a cheap Aqua Blue Vita? If you don't mind "Gamestop Refurbished" then they're $119.99 right now and in stock.

$5.49 shipping, Saver don't work on it

I have this one preordered at Best Buy with GCU and $5 rewards. It looks to be a city tower defense style game which is right up my alley. I've also seen some game play where you can hop into the tower and control where it fires similar to Toy Soldiers. There are some let's play videos available for it online that give more details.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCk88e3JWc[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYAnfm0A2k[/media]
i hope to have this and

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

next week from gamefly

got a funny feeling gamefly will not even carry for weeks like they did with

Moco Moco Friends

Weren't there some people looking for a cheap Aqua Blue Vita? If you don't mind "Gamestop Refurbished" then they're $119.99 right now and in stock.

$5.49 shipping, Saver don't work on it
Oooooh! Thanks for the heads up. A store not to far has one in stock, and is holding it for me. Gonna head down and look at it :) I hope it is in decent shape because I've been eyeing this color.

Not surprised that Best Buy stopped taking trade ins. They've only been ordering enough Vita (and some Wii U games) to cover pre-orders with enough stock left over to last a couple weeks.

Unfortunately, Vita is nearly dead at retail but I think it will continue getting Physical releases at GameStop and online at Amazon, Best Buy, and again GS. With no Sony successor we could see games releasing on it for sometime.

Not surprised that Best Buy stopped taking trade ins. They've only been ordering enough Vita (and some Wii U games) to cover pre-orders with enough stock left over to last a couple weeks.

Unfortunately, Vita is nearly dead at retail but I think it will continue getting Physical releases at GameStop and online at Amazon, Best Buy, and again GS. With no Sony successor we could see games releasing on it for sometime.
That would be a great laugh. The Vita is still the most powerful handheld on the market, so no matter how hard Sony is pushing to kill it off there are going to be people that want to make games for it until something better comes along. Since Nintendo is the only horse in this race now, and they don't seem to have any plans to kill off the 3DS anytime soon, that could be a long long time. I hope the Vita has a massive lifecycle, then we can all rub it in Sony's face.

Yes, this is what we need someone to localize in English next... Date-A-Live

jacket2.jpg

That would be a great laugh. The Vita is still the most powerful handheld on the market, so no matter how hard Sony is pushing to kill it off there are going to be people that want to make games for it until something better comes along. Since Nintendo is the only horse in this race now, and they don't seem to have any plans to kill off the 3DS anytime soon, that could be a long long time. I hope the Vita has a massive lifecycle, then we can all rub it in Sony's face.
I will not buy SONY next generation Portable System if Sony have plan for it. Too many Promised and let it dead so badly.

flybrione, on 07 Mar 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:
I have this one preordered at Best Buy with GCU and $5 rewards. It looks to be a city tower defense style game which is right up my alley. I've also seen some game play where you can hop into the tower and control where it fires similar to Toy Soldiers. There are some let's play videos available for it online that give more details.
Thanks for posting the videos! I think they helped sway me to preordering this at BB. The game looks like a lot of fun, and the attention to detail, especially with the characters and the writing, looks great.

What do y'all think about ACIII: Liberation for $6.74 this week on PSN? I don't think I've ever seen the physical version anywhere near that price.

Moe Chronicles is a bare boned but decent dungeon crawler. The rubbing mini game for leveling up stats I believe is pretty silly though the challenge is OK in the game. The graphics are alright and the story is relatively decent though collecting the panties is a bit silly as well. It's worth it if you like dungeon crawlers, though I feel both Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze are better dungeon crawling games overall. I do like all the cute monster girls though it's pretty light for the 10 hours or so I played.

is Moe Chronicle (Chinese & English Sub) worth 50 friends got a copy and heard it was a good game not sure though
Cheaper purchased new from Play Asia, or even used on Ebay. If the game is complete in original case with "Use and Handling Precautions" insert sheet, and you can get your friend to come down to the $30-$35 range then it would be a reasonable price. If the game is incomplete, missing case and or insert then don't pay more than $30 for it.

To pre-order Trillion LE, or not to in an hour.

Decisions, decisions...
Indeed, Trillion, Grand Kingdom, Stranger of Sword City, and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus are all up with special editions to pre-order, but I must take a trip to see relatives next week and am having to take unpaid time off to do that. So that's like a double expense having travel expenses and missing out on work, so must hold back until after I'm back from that to re-evaluate my available revenue.

Moe Chronicles is a bare boned but decent dungeon crawler. The rubbing mini game for leveling up stats I believe is pretty silly though the challenge is OK in the game. The graphics are alright and the story is relatively decent though collecting the panties is a bit silly as well. It's worth it if you like dungeon crawlers, though I feel both Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze are better dungeon crawling games overall. I do like all the cute monster girls though it's pretty light for the 10 hours or so I played.
I've got about thirty hours sunk in it right not and estimating not quite half-way through yet. I love how simple it is, dungeon crawlers such as Etrian Odyssey drove me nuts due to early 80's stylized D-RPG game mechanics and insanity inducing difficulty. I'm playing Moe Chronicle on "Normal" difficulty and finding it to be a good balance.

Indeed, Trillion, Grand Kingdom, Stranger of Sword City, and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus are all up with special editions to pre-order, but I must take a trip to see relatives next week and am having to take unpaid time off to do that. So that's like a double expense having travel expenses and missing out on work, so must hold back until after I'm back from that to re-evaluate my available revenue.
I at least have Stranger of Sword City LE pre-ordered with the Amazon double discount, so that's one I'm keeping, but I agree on the others.

Just not really sure about dropping all this money on all of them unless they're a really good deal, or if it's something I'd actually want, and Trillion is more fitting in that first category more so than the latter.

Stranger of Sword City is my personal must-order, cause I like the genre and the developer. I ordered Trillion, but I'll probably skip the others.

is it anything like that card game that you need to stay low level if you rank them up their HP goes DOWN

Cheaper purchased new from Play Asia, or even used on Ebay. If the game is complete in original case with "Use and Handling Precautions" insert sheet, and you can get your friend to come down to the $30-$35 range then it would be a reasonable price. If the game is incomplete, missing case and or insert then don't pay more than $30 for it.

I've got about thirty hours sunk in it right not and estimating not quite half-way through yet. I love how simple it is, dungeon crawlers such as Etrian Odyssey drove me nuts due to early 80's stylized D-RPG game mechanics and insanity inducing difficulty. I'm playing Moe Chronicle on "Normal" difficulty and finding it to be a good balance.
where do you see it cheaper on ebay ... i got them down to 40.

I preordered Stranger of Sword City and Senran. Let's all hope that maybe Deep Discount comes through there. I noticed I still have a pending charge for when the game was $6.75. I might grab Grand Kingdom if the LE shows up at Best Buy or Amazon (for the 20% off).

is it anything like that card game that you need to stay low level if you rank them up their HP goes DOWN
The rubbing minigame is really only used when you recruit monsters. Think of it as a more molesty version of a pokeball.

After that you only ever do it for fun. It's not like the card game, it's a pure dungeon crawler.

Well there's my problem. I always play on the hardest difficulty. On hard the difficulty spikes absurdly on every single floor of every single dungeon.

I preordered Stranger of Sword City and Senran. Let's all hope that maybe Deep Discount comes through there. I noticed I still have a pending charge for when the game was $6.75. I might grab Grand Kingdom if the LE shows up at Best Buy or Amazon (for the 20% off).
You never got a refund email regarding the Deep Discount preorder?

Kind of has a Disgaea vibe with the artwork and theme. Looks like the goal is to mercilessly grind the most efficient was possible to be able to deal 1 trillion damage to the god of destruction, before it's too late.

My primary question is this: Is there more then one way to grind to complete the game? Such as, is there creating the ultimate weapon, developing the ultimate power move, to provide more then "one single way" to play the game.

The thing I love about Disgaea is you can put your focus on one character and get through most of the game with no problem or build a diverse team all with their own specialties.

I look forward to hearing more about this game later. I'm probably not going to pull the lever and grab it even though it's cheap at $57.99 (+shipping?).

Same, my SK2 is still alive, so hopefully that will come through. XD

As for Grand Kingdom Vita LE, it was noted awhile back by NISA that it will only be available through their store. :*(

You never got a refund email regarding the Deep Discount preorder?
I got a cancellation email and it said my card wasn't going to be charged....but as of yesterday, I still have a pending charge on my card. The order shows up on DD as well like it did before it was cancelled.

What do y'all think about ACIII: Liberation for $6.74 this week on PSN? I don't think I've ever seen the physical version anywhere near that price.
$15 is the cheapest I've seen for the physical version, when Target was clearancing, unless you can find it used from an individual. I guess it depends on if you want a physical copy or not.

I got a cancellation email and it said my card wasn't going to be charged....but as of yesterday, I still have a pending charge on my card. The order shows up on DD as well like it did before it was cancelled.
Hey, so does mine. Hmm...

I'm bad. I just ordered the Trillion SE. I have both versions of Senran Kagura preordered (PS4 and Vita). Have that LE of Nights of Azure ordered as well.  And I'm considering the Limited Edition of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 too....

This month went from, 'Man, there's nothing good coming out.' to 'Damn, my wallet is bleeding money all of a sudden!'.

:/

Kind of has a Disgaea vibe with the artwork and theme. Looks like the goal is to mercilessly grind the most efficient was possible to be able to deal 1 trillion damage to the god of destruction, before it's too late.

My primary question is this: Is there more then one way to grind to complete the game? Such as, is there creating the ultimate weapon, developing the ultimate power move, to provide more then "one single way" to play the game.
The thing I love about Disgaea is you can put your focus on one character and get through most of the game with no problem or build a diverse team all with their own specialties.

I look forward to hearing more about this game later. I'm probably not going to pull the lever and grab it even though it's cheap at $57.99 (+shipping?).
Kotaku had a decent write up on it.

http://kotaku.com/so-i-fought-the-boss-with-a-trillion-hit-points-1726877718

Definitely different and seems like the writer had a memorable experience.

I preordered since it seems to be a fairly priced.

I'm assuming you mean Monster Monpiece. There are several cards that lose stats when you level them up, but they always gain other stats or abilities. Every card specializes in something or other; it's just that some of them, instead of simply getting a buff when they level up, completely change what they specialize in.

For example, I think there's one card with decent attack points and HP, with an attack range of 2. When it levels up, it loses HP and ATK, but becomes a 5-range attack, making it great for long-range sniping.

If you ask me, I think it's better that way. It keeps base level cards from being obsolete.

I'm bad. I just ordered the Trillion SE. I have both versions of Senran Kagura preordered (PS4 and Vita). Have that LE of Nights of Azure ordered as well. And I'm considering the Limited Edition of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 too....

This month went from, 'Man, there's nothing good coming out.' to 'Damn, my wallet is bleeding money all of a sudden!'.

:/
and then on top of that you have to buy all the good games that come out in the next three months.

I'll be happy when more places start clearance on the vita memory, so far only scored one 8GB at Target for about $10. I keep missing the GameStop black Friday sales every year where they are typically 50% off, one year even the 32GB was... This year I think it was only the 8B though and B2G1, So I passed. Hmm think I have a screen cap, maybe I can get a disinterested Walmart or Target employee to price match, I tried at bestbuy once and they denied me.

Why is no one talking about Odin Sphere Leftraiser? I know it doesn't come out until June, but I assume most people here are getting it?

I preordered the PS4 LE and Vita regular version from BB, looking forward to the game.

Why is no one talking about Odin Sphere Leftraiser? I know it doesn't come out until June, but I assume most people here are getting it?

I preordered the PS4 LE and Vita regular version from BB, looking forward to the game.
Probably for that very reason. I'll be pre-ordering from Gamestop though. I have a gift card to use, plus there's an art book.

I think that's a solid price for it. When I got my physical copy at GS (used) it was during a buy 2 get 1 free sale or I had a $10 off coupon or something to make it cheaper. Still, I paid more than $6.74.

Of course I stlll have yet to play it, but I wasn't really buying games to play them as much as build a strong library so I wouldn't have to hunt for games for the vita. That sort of backfired though as I've not really been playing any games lately.

preordered one, but then i saw the version with that beautiful crystal... canceled my bb order and went crazy to find this

odin-sphere-leifdrasir-3d-crystal-set-famitsu-dx-pack-421769.8.jpg

bread's done
Back