PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Still shows 8 left when I try adding 50 to my cart... so if it says sold out, sign out of the store then add one to the cart and sign in during the checkout.

Again, I'm not interested in the game... so no competition from me on this one...

Wait... 6 left...

wow using paypal on LRG is so much easier, why in the hell haven't I done that in the past. seems like I just stole something from dora the explorer when I used paypal, but who the hell cares I can go back to "work" now. Actually I do have a question, does anyone know where to get a copy of ar nosurge for the vita? I'm going to try and collect the final four games on the list that I'm missing. I need a copy of ar nosurge, retro city rampage, lego marvel avengers and atelier escha
eBay is the only place you're getting 3 of those 4 games and they aren't Lego marvel

I don't know why I get so stressed out during these releases. I keep thinking that I'm going to miss a release because people are faster than me. I log in before hand, add a shipping box, and even log into paypal because I'm afraid it will be sold out, and I HAVE to keep a complete collection going. 

Mmm, I noticed that this time I wasn't signed into the website. I just went through paypal checkout and it used my address information from Paypal without issue. 

For all of the other releases, I was always signed in to the website and then used paypal or credit card as a payment option, which always gave me a sold out on one of the versions. 

I wonder if the solution is just to use paypal checkout without signing in prior to purchasing.

I don't know why I get so stressed out during these releases. I keep thinking that I'm going to miss a release because people are faster than me. I log in before hand, add a shipping box, and even log into paypal because I'm afraid it will be sold out, and I HAVE to keep a complete collection going.
Same here. I log in beforehand; open a tab for both copies, and refresh. Paying with PayPal is the best option!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

eBay is the only place you're getting 3 of those 4 games and they aren't Lego marvel
I was afraid that was going to be the only option. I've seen retro city on amazon here and there, but let's be real I'm not going to spend over $100 for a vita game even if I want to own all the physical copies on the list. For that price I can easily buy 3 or 4 retro consoles and call it a day. Will my wife be happy about that idea? no, but it will be awesome telling her we own a dreamcast, gamecube, ps1 and genesis. Alright guys I'm outta here, I have 6 hours to come up with a good excuse for buying those systems lol

I feel your anxiety.

I was afraid that was going to be the only option. I've seen retro city on amazon here and there, but let's be real I'm not going to spend over $100 for a vita game even if I want to own all the physical copies on the list. For that price I can easily buy 3 or 4 retro consoles and call it a day. Will my wife be happy about that idea? no, but it will be awesome telling her we own a dreamcast, gamecube, ps1 and genesis. Alright guys I'm outta here, I have 6 hours to come up with a good excuse for buying those systems lol
Least you didn't bite on dj max only to have it go to $40 2 weeks after. For me I'm only missing blazblue cp extend, stranger of sword city, and trillion and tomorrow we can add megatamension to that list

I wonder if the solution is just to use paypal checkout without signing in prior to purchasing.
The solution is just not to be signed in to the site before they go live with the game. If you are signed in, yeah, you get those sold out messages even though they still show stock.

Still shows 2 remaining for the vita version. I figured that would have ended already since it dropped so quickly to 2... but... a few minutes and it still shows 2.

You get stressed out because it's stressful to aim for a complete collection of anything that still has new releases. Especially these short term limited releases where you are competing with resellers to be one of the 1500 people (due to Breach & Clear) with the potential for a complete collection.

You get stressed out because it's stressful to aim for a complete collection of anything that still has new releases. Especially these short term limited releases where you are competing with resellers to be one of the 1500 people (due to Breach & Clear) with the potential for a complete collection.
Yup, eBay is already flooded with Futuridium.

I was curious so I looked it up and yeah Breach and Clear is probably the Vita game with the lowest print run. I thought it might be Retro City Rampage but according to their website that was at 3,300 so it was pretty much bigger than any of the LRG releases.

Seems like fate was working against me today. My 1 hour daily train ride took over 2.5 hours, so the LRG sale went live while I was still on the train. The deal went live at the 1 train stop where there is horrible cell coverage. I was finally able to get the games added to the cart and check-out, only for AMEX to flag the charge as fraudulent and reject it. I was able to checkout using a different credit card, though I assume my success led to the death of some parallel universe.

I did breakdown and buy both again, even though I was initially only going to get the Vita.

So do I get it for the Vita or PS4? Is the Vita going to be worth more because of people trying to complete their collection?

So do I get it for the Vita or PS4? Is the Vita going to be worth more because of people trying to complete their collection?
If I had to guess, I would say the PS4 version will be worth more in the long run, as there are way more systems than the Vita. The same amount was produced for both, so the value will for sure go up faster on the PS4 version. Simple supply and demand for this one.

Seems like fate was working against me today. My 1 hour daily train ride took over 2.5 hours, so the LRG sale went live while I was still on the train. The deal went live at the 1 train stop where there is horrible cell coverage. I was finally able to get the games added to the cart and check-out, only for AMEX to flag the charge as fraudulent and reject it. I was able to checkout using a different credit card, though I assume my success led to the death of some parallel universe.

I did breakdown and buy both again, even though I was initially only going to get the Vita.
I had a medical procedure done today at exactly 10am so needless to say was going to miss the first round. Will have to try for the 6pm round I guess. This is my first try at the 6pm sales round - is it usually easier or tougher to get it then?

That's a not-so-vaguely worded "What can I flip it for?" question. Why not just get the one you want?

If I had to guess, I would say the PS4 version will be worth more in the long run, as there are way more systems than the Vita. The same amount was produced for both, so the value will for sure go up faster on the PS4 version. Simple supply and demand for this one.
Vita collectors are probably a bit more rabid about collecting everything though, since it's more obtainable than a complete PS4 collection. I of course say this as a vita "completionist" and a PS4 "all but the ones also on Xbox One completionist". So... shrug.

I had a medical procedure done today at exactly 10am so needless to say was going to miss the first round. Will have to try for the 6pm round I guess. This is my first try at the 6pm sales round - is it usually easier or tougher to get it then?
I've been a late rounder before and as long as you are on it as soon as it goes live, it's easy to get through.

I've seen it both ways. For Saturday Morning RPG, I ordered during the second round and those copies went pretty fast. I've ordered the last two games during the first wave, and had no issues. I would say, just sign into the account and PayPal beforehand just to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I was able to get Oddworld easy on the second round when I missed the first round.

All the other releases I got on the first round, Vita only.

I haven't decided if I really want Futuridium yet. Still debating.

I was able to get Oddworld easy on the second round when I missed the first round.

All the other releases I got on the first round, Vita only.

I haven't decided if I really want Futuridium yet. Still debating.
I'm only getting the Vita games. I was able to order a Futuridum, but I doubt I will ever actually play it. I buy the LRG games for collecting purposes, I unfortunately missed out on Breach and Clear and it's the most expensive one to buy aftermarket now. I'd be willing to pay $50 or around that for it, but no way will I pay the prices it's currently going for.

Personally I'd say vita from a collectors point of view. The ps4 will likely have well over 1000 physical games by the times it's done, vita might not even hit 250. A lot of collectors look at a system with less games as an achievable goal which would give the rarer games more value.

I decided to pass on Futuridium. I downloaded and played it over the weekend. While it wasn't a bad game, it also wasn't blowing my socks off. So I didn't bother waking up early for the sale. Those of you looking to get a complete Vita collection will have one less competitor. Those of you looking to flip a copy on EBay...well, I've made my dim view of scalpers very clear in the past.

Looking forward to whatever LRG's next release is. Also, my copies of Abe's Odyssey arrived over the weekend.

Hmmm....I wonder how good LRG is at catching people who make multiple orders. This guy is selling 3 copies for Vita

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-RUN-GAMES-6-FUTURIDIUM-EP-DELUXE-PS-VITA-NEW-ONLY-2000-PRESSED-/301942936973?hash=item464d33958d:g:mnkAAOSw2x1XMJr5
They likely are very weak due to the limits of using a third party storefront. But even if they are excellent at it, if you have some legit multiple addresses to use, it would be very easy to setup multiple paypal accounts, use fake names, and get as many copies of the games as you have addresses and never be detected. If their detection is also very weak just adding a leading space to an address, changing capitalizations, and so on can really mess with finding duplicates. Especially if they are just relying on a script to search for those differences.

It's a toss up. SMRPG seems to sell for a little more on PS4 than Vita. Oddworld seems to sell for more on Vita than PS4. Either way, they both will turn a profit.

As for long term value, I doubt most of these LRG games have a long high return rate on investment. Especialy say, 10 years from now as the ability to create a completely collection will prove near impossible due to many of these games being so limited. Oh, plus the majority of the collectors market is rooted steeply in nostalgia. And who is going to be nostalgic for say, Breach & Clear? Even if you were nostalgic for it, why would you specifically go after the Vita version versus say the more robust PC version or another version? More than that, if the physical version is $$$ why would you bother to chase that down when the original version you probably played was the cheap $1 version that was on PSN or you got in a bundle on Steam (or whatever?)... of which.. you can probably still play anyway?

I think thats where future value is going to change a lot of gaming. Look at even stuff like Final Fantasy 7. The original black label version used to fetch close to $100 easily. Now you can get it for under MSRP because the digital version along with all the ports has made PS1 exclusivity a thing of the past... and for a large percent of nostalgia chasers, playing the digital version on modern hardware is good enough especially with some of the added features.

Problem with that analogy is that ff7 was never rare or limited. People just got nostalgia for it when advent children dropped and the game shot up in price. Don't think anyone has nostalgia for little Samson or stadium events but they demand a really high price tag.

Collectors really do crazy things and people will go for complete vita just because the library is small

They likely are very weak due to the limits of using a third party storefront. But even if they are excellent at it, if you have some legit multiple addresses to use, it would be very easy to setup multiple paypal accounts, use fake names, and get as many copies of the games as you have addresses and never be detected. If their detection is also very weak just adding a leading space to an address, changing capitalizations, and so on can really mess with finding duplicates. Especially if they are just relying on a script to search for those differences.

It's a toss up. SMRPG seems to sell for a little more on PS4 than Vita. Oddworld seems to sell for more on Vita than PS4. Either way, they both will turn a profit.

As for long term value, I doubt most of these LRG games have a long high return rate on investment. Especialy say, 10 years from now as the ability to create a completely collection will prove near impossible due to many of these games being so limited. Oh, plus the majority of the collectors market is rooted steeply in nostalgia. And who is going to be nostalgic for say, Breach & Clear? Even if you were nostalgic for it, why would you specifically go after the Vita version versus say the more robust PC version or another version? More than that, if the physical version is $$$ why would you bother to chase that down when the original version you probably played was the cheap $1 version that was on PSN or you got in a bundle on Steam (or whatever?)... of which.. you can probably still play anyway?

I think thats where future value is going to change a lot of gaming. Look at even stuff like Final Fantasy 7. The original black label version used to fetch close to $100 easily. Now you can get it for under MSRP because the digital version along with all the ports has made PS1 exclusivity a thing of the past... and for a large percent of nostalgia chasers, playing the digital version on modern hardware is good enough especially with some of the added features.
I agree with you that none of the LRG games will really drum up that nostalgia like many games do for collectors, but with these being so limited and with the Vita being a popular system to collect for I only see these games going up in value. I've bought all of the LRG Vita releases with the exception of Breach and Clear and I don't intend to play any of the physical copies and will just get a digital copy if I want to play any that I don't already have digitally. People looking for a complete Vita collection will have a hard time finding these in the wild and will likely have to go online to purchase from a reseller. I don't think any of these games will reach a critical mass on value though and will merely stick around the $60-$150 range depending on the game and how limited it is.

So I just received my copy of Oddworld for the Vita should I keep it in black envelope to keep its value jk  I had too haha but hopefully I can get one later on in the day 

BcGMTAg.gif

The problem though is that there's still plenty of digitally available games where the digital version is still selling high. Earthbound, for example, is still going for a ridiculous amount despite being available on the new 3ds and Wii u. Almost to the point that it's cheaper to buy a new 3ds and the eshop version of what just the cart only is going for.

I agree with you that none of the LRG games will really drum up that nostalgia like many games do for collectors, but with these being so limited and with the Vita being a popular system to collect for I only see these games going up in value. I've bought all of the LRG Vita releases with the exception of Breach and Clear and I don't intend to play any of the physical copies and will just get a digital copy if I want to play any that I don't already have digitally. People looking for a complete Vita collection will have a hard time finding these in the wild and will likely have to go online to purchase from a reseller. I don't think any of these games will reach a critical mass on value though and will merely stick around the $60-$150 range depending on the game and how limited it is.
I only see games like these being worth something to collectors to normal casuals etc nope they wont fork the dough

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I decided to pass on Futuridium. I downloaded and played it over the weekend. While it wasn't a bad game, it also wasn't blowing my socks off. So I didn't bother waking up early for the sale. Those of you looking to get a complete Vita collection will have one less competitor. Those of you looking to flip a copy on EBay...well, I've made my dim view of scalpers very clear in the past.

Looking forward to whatever LRG's next release is. Also, my copies of Abe's Odyssey arrived over the weekend.
Xeodrifter for vita and ps4, in June.

Earthbound, for example, is still going for a ridiculous amount despite being available on the new 3ds and Wii u. Almost to the point that it's cheaper to buy a new 3ds and the eshop version of what just the cart only is going for.
This is a known phenomenon. While sometimes a digital release might result in a dip in value for the physical copies of a game, over time it usually ends up raising the value of physical copies.

The general theory is that the initial dip in after-market values comes from people finally being able to acquire a playable copy of the game for less. This is understandable, and anyone who just wants to be able to play the game is obviously going to go after the much cheaper digital copy. $10 vs. $100 when all you really want to do is play a classic title is very easy math. The long-term rise in second-hand price occurs because of exposure. When a game is released digitally, it gives the original title a considerably wider exposure. It usually gets a little advertisement along with its digital release. And many of the players who acquire the digital copy can play and become fans of the game. Some of those fans may love the game enough to begin trying to collect a physical original copy.

Digital releases help to make a game more accessible, potentially broadening the fan-base. In the long term, this raises the after-market value of original physical copies.

bread's done
Back