PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone think Assassins Creed Chronicles physical release will end up rare? saw one sitting at Best Buy, wonder if it will see a slight drop but go up again

anyone think Assassins Creed Chronicles physical release will end up rare? saw one sitting at Best Buy, wonder if it will see a slight drop but go up again
Well every Gamestop near me seems to have it in stock, so at the very least you will likely be able to pick it up there for under $20 eventually.

I wish there was a King of Fighters release for the Vita. I remember playing it on gameboy all day when I was 5-7.
Well there is this:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-king-of-fighters-collection/cid=UP0576-ULUS10360_00-KOFCOLLECTION001

EDIT: Not sure if the KOF Collection for PSP works on the Vita, but the standalone titles KOF 94, 95, and 96 do (but 96 needs to be transferred from a PS3). The compatibility list of PSP games on Vita is here (thanks to Frisky):

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/page-1

So do all launch versions of Odin Sphere on the Vita come with the softcover art book, or just when you buy it at Gamestop?  I can usually tell with these things, but Gamestop now is the only retailer that seems to be advertising it and Atlus said it was "at participating retailers."  Will probably end up buying one at Best Buy anyways, but the artbook would be a nice bonus.

Ugh; I think i'm gonna throw in the towel on preorder bonuses and special editions. All the extras take up space, and it gets expensive over time.

I still want the stuff; I just don't want to want it. I think I'll pass on Odin Sphere until I can find a decent sale price.

Ugh; I think i'm gonna throw in the towel on preorder bonuses and special editions. All the extras take up space, and it gets expensive over time.

I still want the stuff; I just don't want to want it. I think I'll pass on Odin Sphere until I can find a decent sale price.
I long for this liberation.

I wish you luck. I go through phases where I dump 99% of my stuff and then think I'm free.

I long for this liberation.
It's fleeting, pretty soon your man cave is filling back up and your woman is making comments.

So do all launch versions of Odin Sphere on the Vita come with the softcover art book, or just when you buy it at Gamestop? I can usually tell with these things, but Gamestop now is the only retailer that seems to be advertising it and Atlus said it was "at participating retailers." Will probably end up buying one at Best Buy anyways, but the artbook would be a nice bonus.
Amazon did have it listed at a time, so until it actually releases, or some ask Atlus, it's up in the air? It has been stated that BB never had the book listed at all, but Atlus shows them on their site, so who knows?

I just went ahead and order one from GS, just so I could be sure to get one, but if your more concerned with the lower cost, just get the copy you can and hope the book comes with it, but for now, no one knows for sure if it's limited, or just all first runs that get the art book.

was going to buy  Odin Sphere  or rent it off  gamefly  but  decided to pass on both.. going to cancel my gamefly and maybe try to rent it this fall... really dont play games anymore... i still have  rumble world and   some zombie  vita game  i got the first week of may and never play them.... and my backlog is so freaking long its not funny  (at least 10 rpg on vita cart wise  and at least  6  3ds)   and  digimon that i still have not downloaded  

Well shit. I was waiting for this to go back down to this price and now I'm not at bestbuy. I was yesterday. Some timing.

The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water Houka Kenran (Long ass name, it's Asterisk War, ok?) is receiving an English release in Asia.

Pretty excited.

I asked on their Facebook page, and they actually responded!

https://www.facebook.com/The-Asterisk-War-The-Academy-City-on-the-Water-Houka-Kenran-186171301729681/?fref=photo
oooh is the game any good? I really quite enjoy the anime minus the last semi finals match against the knights. that was pathetic when every other match had been actually a challenge.

Any better deals on slim vitas other than the $140 on eBay. I would really like the blue one from GameStop but they don't seem to be anymore available as well as used from their website is unsettling at times.

The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water Houka Kenran (Long ass name, it's Asterisk War, ok?) is receiving an English release in Asia.

Pretty excited.

I asked on their Facebook page, and they actually responded!

https://www.facebook.com/The-Asterisk-War-The-Academy-City-on-the-Water-Houka-Kenran-186171301729681/?fref=photo
Yes. I can now import it and understand the engrish

EDIT: Is it the Official FB Page? Why would it have only 16 likes? Could be a Fan page messing with you, as pointed out by someone to me.

It's not absolutely necessary, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice. Dancing All Night's main draw is fanservice, for people who love the characters and music from the main game. It's still a very fun game in itself, but you wouldn't enjoy it quite as much without being familiar with the series.

It's not absolutely necessary, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice. Dancing All Night's main draw is fanservice, for people who love the characters and music from the main game. It's still a very fun game in itself, but you wouldn't enjoy it quite as much without being familiar with the series.
Alright was just wondering cuz I rented it from gamefly because I love the OST and rhythm games :)

Yu, Yosuke, and Yukiko still retain the original voice actors. Laura Bailey was unable to return to Rise due to scheduling conflicts since she was probably recording for Uncharted 4 and Gears of War 4 at the time.

I played through P4:DAN and have not played through P4G yet.... I still absolutely loved P4DAN. I thought it was great and amazing and well worth it. Really fun rhythm game.

It's kind of a shame with Chie. Most people agree the original voice didn't suit a tomgirl like her. I never really cared for it. But when I played P4G and Dancing All Night, the new voice was just too different for me to get used to. Objectively speaking it's a better fit than the original, but it's just not what I'm used to.

This is what happens when a person has poor impulse control.

7sTE3wa.png

SAeIeNl.jpg

I did a lot of damage to my wallet in less than a month and a half of time. T___T

Not sure if it was in this thread or not, but someone noticed that you haven't been posting very often lately. Glad to see you were busy lol
It was in the anime thread, but yeah, was certainly still busy buying for the most part, just wasn't really posting since I was focused on finishing grad school. ^__^

Largely referring to P4 to P4G.

Margaret, Teddie, Chie, Kanji, Naoto, and Rise had voice actor changes at some point.
Teddie, Chie, and Kanji (halfway through) had been replaced during the Anime dub and they just kept those VAs through all the later games. At least in Rise's case they cited scheduling conflicts (AKA Uncharted 4) for Laura Bailey not appearing in P4DAN.

Unfortunately that's just how the Anime/Gaming industry works if you're not an AAA studio. You grab non union people who "Lend" their voice to the game and never put them in the credits. Then they suddenly get a gig with a studio willing to pay union wages and never return calls.

This is what happens when a person has poor impulse control.

7sTE3wa.png

SAeIeNl.jpg

I did a lot of damage to my wallet in less than a month and a half of time. T___T
My wallet died from shock. I'm also curious, do you know Japanese? Because I see a lot of imported games in your collection that I'm also interested in but the language barrier is stopping me :(

bread's done
Back