PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
that's pretty awesome, I'm just shocked that many games for vita still get greenllit and produced. a complete vita set might be tougher than I thought

My wallet died from shock. I'm also curious, do you know Japanese? Because I see a lot of imported games in your collection that I'm also interested in but the language barrier is stopping me :(
I can read Chinese, and a little bit of katakana, so just enough to stumble through games, and still enjoy it if it's a mix of kanji and katakana. Stuff that's like all katakana I'm basically screwed.

When I see things like that I wonder if the person even plays good western games.
red-dead-redemption-14422-1920x1200-1422042801743.jpg

As someone who was recently focused on finishing grad school, I'm mostly shocked that you could afford all those games.
Going back to school was more of something that I wanted to do for myself.

I basically did the college thing backwards, worked first for several years, then went back to school later on.

Worked out in the end.

Going back to school was more of something that I wanted to do for myself.

I basically did the college thing backwards, worked first for several years, then went back to school later on.

Worked out in the end.
If I had gone to college straight from high school, I would have never gotten far, as I wouldn't have been in the proper space mentally to make it work. Now being older, I actually have a real desire to learn, so I think I would do better now as well, than I ever could have done being "green" in the ways of life back then.

meh I'm not interested in college since I'd rather not be in serious debt.
There are a variety of ways to avoid that. The better analysis would be whether having a college degree will actually benefit you given your line of work/future employment. It's not an investment that pays off for everyone and I say that with a social group where almost everyone has at least a masters degree.

Noticed today at 2 different Gamestop locations that the Vita games section has shrunk yet again. Couple more months and I'm guessing it will be gone entirely.

There are a variety of ways to avoid that. The better analysis would be whether having a college degree will actually benefit you given your line of work/future employment. It's not an investment that pays off for everyone and I say that with a social group where almost everyone has at least a masters degree.
I completely agree^

Some go to college as the next "step" in life, but really don't know why are what they are going for. Almost no one I know who has a degree, is working in the field where that degree is focused.

I say as long as you know what you want, and where you want to be, the debt is fine. But racking up debt, and then not even using the degree, that's a long term no no.

Noticed today at 2 different Gamestop locations that the Vita games section has shrunk yet again. Couple more months and I'm guessing it will be gone entirely.
Yeah I made a list of Vita games I want to get today. Trying to find out a way to judge rarity of games and then little by little knocking the list down.

It's a blackhole, eventually the entire store will be swallowed up by the nothingness.

Yeah I made a list of Vita games I want to get today. Trying to find out a way to judge rarity of games and then little by little knocking the list down.
Might this help, I really think the Directory would be worth your time reading/downloading/printing. :whistle2:

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/index.html

It's a blackhole, eventually the entire store will be swallowed up by the nothingness.

Might this help, I really think the Directory would be worth your time reading/downloading/printing. :whistle2:

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/index.html
Yeah that does help a bit. Not that I am new to Vita collecting, I just plan to get the few games I want by sometime next year (there are a few for other systems as well but Vita takes priority since I don't know how much longer GS will carry Vita stuff). I am more worried about some of the more niche Japanese games going out of print and I want to make sure I get them before they skyrocket.

good western games.
Hahahaha, oh I am laffin'!

I can read Chinese, and a little bit of katakana, so just enough to stumble through games, and still enjoy it if it's a mix of kanji and katakana. Stuff that's like all katakana I'm basically screwed.
You can learn katakana and hiragana in a week if you really try.

College didn't pay off for me. Just a liberal arts schmuck with tons of debt and no payoff.

That'll be the day my wallet takes a pounding usually reserved for Sasha Grey.
not for sure if we should call all of that wallet action swipped my plastic clean.....or withdraw my direct deposit. See this is what happens when you work nights and can't go to sleep when you get home

So guys and gals, how many Vita games in your collection do you not have the original case for?

Was just looking through my own collection and noted I have six games without original cases.

So guys and gals, how many Vita games in your collection do you not have the original case for?

Was just looking through my own collection and noted I have six games without original cases.
I have 2 games without the original case. Resistance and Dynasty Warriors they both have the crappy GameStop case.

I know I have Hot Shots Golf in generic Best Buy Vita case when I bought a bunch of cheap used Vita games there one time. Fun game though!

I have 0 since I had a Vita day 1. Granted I got a few games from GS but refused purchase if it wasn't complete. I got lucky on some of the games finding complete copies with cheap prices.

Update: Had to talk to the manager from the gamestop across the street of the one that closed. This Gamestop apparently got all of that closed gamestops pre-orders and now they are having trouble finding just this one pre-order of mine(I gave them the order #, but I'm not sure if he could even check up my orders like that), so they had to call and email corporate and I am awaiting a response. Feels really bad if I don't get it as I don't want to pay ebay prices.
That sucks hope for the best.

I've got an extra watch edition preorder. If you can't get yours, let me know and I'll let you have it for cost+shipping. I wouldn't want someone to lose their order for reasons outside of their control.

Edit: Goddangit. Just realized this was the Vita thread. Both my orders are for 3DS.

Update: Had to talk to the manager from the gamestop across the street of the one that closed. This Gamestop apparently got all of that closed gamestops pre-orders and now they are having trouble finding just this one pre-order of mine(I gave them the order #, but I'm not sure if he could even check up my orders like that), so they had to call and email corporate and I am awaiting a response. Feels really bad if I don't get it as I don't want to pay ebay prices.
Amazon canceled my preorder without even sending me any sort of email about it.

Need some help getting through this dilemma. Bought an orange vita (which is really nice) for $208, piano black vita is $139 on eBay right now brand new. Don't usually splurge on myself, but the wife said for fathers day enjoy the orange. Still can't get over the extra cost. For me its about the games and I am really enjoying the vita. Hate finger prints, but hate spending extra money if not necessary. Rather spend it on the family. What the hell do I do? I can also snag a glacier white for $185 or even try for a aqua blue. Help, I am driving myself nuts (which if this is my biggest issue right now life is good).

I have all the original cases. I am way too OCD to have a mismatched case on the shelf.

That's a shame :(

Did they oversell for yours and that's why they cancelled?

I complained about this months ago, closer to when the pre-orders went up and it was still called "Zero Escape 3". I talked to the manager back then and he explained to corporate for me. After he got word from them, all he could tell me was "to come back closer to release date and we'll see what we can do". That manager hasn't worked at this Gamestop for months now and I had to ask a new manager recently. Just sneaky how it's the only one of my pre-orders that just can't be found. So many new workers and 1 of them was surprised how I got a pre-order for it(back when I talked to one of the workers about the series and pre-ordered something), he saw that I had it pre-ordered and told me he was jealous as he missed out. Dude doesn't even work there anymore, so maybe... I doubt he would have done anything. I'm just paranoid or upset. :p
No, what ticked me off was that they never sent any email or anything about it being canceled

I have 81 Vita games with their original boxes. I can't stand having an incomplete game in my collection [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

gamestop cutting down on Vita ---> clearance prices on particular games, soon??
Seeing as they had all the stores ship their remaining PSP games back to corporate so they could recycle them recently without ever doing a major clearance sale on those, I wouldn't count on it.

Amazon canceled my preorder without even sending me any sort of email about it.
Did you try talking to Amazon support? I'd be pissed if that happened to me, considering how limited it is. Still, Aksys usually does a promo for people that miss out on the watches. I think last time they had some charity event thing where you could get a yellow watch for around $30. For 999 I think they let you buy the watch from the Aksys store for $5 at one point.

Did you try talking to Amazon support? I'd be pissed if that happened to me, considering how limited it is. Still, Aksys usually does a promo for people that miss out on the watches. I think last time they had some charity event thing where you could get a yellow watch for around $30. For 999 I think they let you buy the watch from the Aksys store for $5 at one point.
Hopefully I can get on release, but I am not holding my breath, I spoke to Amz and they just apologized and said it wouldnt happen again, still salty over that

Yep, apparently ZE3 watches will be available again and supposedly even the ones from previous games. (I really want a 999 one, hope it's true.)

https://twitter.com/TurnaboutAdam/status/736261578518040576

This was retweeted by Spike Chunsoft so I think it has some credibility.

(Oh and dat stealth Steam release...I'll stick with Vita though)

(Oh and dat stealth Steam release...I'll stick with Vita though)
That's actually a bad time to release it on Steam.. I think the steam summer sale starts shortly before then so ZE3 won't get as much attention due to that. They're better off delaying it until after the sale ends.

For me none. Won't buy anything that's not original artwork. Returned a blazblue I ordered online with no artwork in store, only one I ever had

For me none. Won't buy anything that's not original artwork. Returned a blazblue I ordered online with no artwork in store, only one I ever had
I'm the exact same way. That was one of the reasons why I didn't buy Toukiden Kiwami when it was $5 at GS. I could've bought it when it was $16 new at Wal-Mart, but decided against it because I have the PS4 version.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This was part of the Hurricane Sandy fund-raiser sale that Aksys had on their website. The Red, Blue, and Green watches were only available with the pre-orders for Virtue's Last Reward. The Yellow was exclusive to the fund-raiser bundle with the game.

I've got all of them - 999, all four colors for VLR, and a pre-order for Ze3 locked in. Kind of a neat collection, but honestly I'll probably look to dump them all at some point here; I have way too much crap.

I try not to be to picky about grabbing something at a good price complete or not. If I were that picky I would've passed on Snatcher for 99¢ and Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for $2 each some years ago, and those would have been huge mistakes. These days I'll buy at a good price complete or not and then eventually strive to get a complete copy later on the same way. Most of my Vita games have been purchased new thanks to all the clearance sales in the past two years though, and nearly all going forward I hope to buy new as well.

I hope the other watches become available again; I never got any of them.
As cool as they look, I'm all about the self-winding automatic skeleton watches with man-made sapphire lenses.

I'm the exact same way. That was one of the reasons why I didn't buy Toukiden Kiwami when it was $5 at GS. I could've bought it when it was $16 new at Wal-Mart, but decided against it because I have the PS4 version.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
This probably doesn't help much at this point, but I bought Toukiden Kiwami during that $5 sale and it came complete with case and original artwork.

bread's done
Back