PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally they include the watch with the game, so they can move inventory. I guess they could sale the watch separately, as they did with 999, but that was when the game was unknown. When they offered the watch with the last game, I believe it was always bundled with the game.
They did both last time. Bundled the watch with the game, and sold a special yellow watch separately (for charity). It was hinted that they'd bring back all of the watches for sale (including the 999 watch), but I don't know if there have been any updates about that. It was posted in this thread a few weeks ago.

It was also Father's Day as well as game 7 of the NBA Finals. In total there are just over 1000 copies left of the game between the PS4 and Vita versions. People were just busy. Just wait till the 4th of July and the games releasing that day. I know I won't even bother giving them a second thought and really just want to give them a big middle finger for having the audacity to release this stuff on a holiday.

------

Stopped by a GS store and pre-ordered and paid in full for Shantae on Vita. Sadly I forgot to get Dragon Quest VII preordered... but I'll get that one done next time I go by there. I'm just happy Shantae is coming to a portable system and they are pricing it so reasonably.
Means more for me lol

Am i the only one that hate the visual games?
Lol both or whatever you guys call it. They are overpriced too I think.
I had one one of the zero time games lol it was confusing
Yeah because the game teaches you how to solve some of these smh im speakong of the last one with puzzles that made no sense I know I wasnt the only one plus it got boring
I wanted to figure them out but they didnt gjve rational explanations for solving them. Hope the new one isnt like that
giphy.gif

How can you hate something or say it's overpriced when you don't know what it's called? lol

Anyway, GOOD higher budget visual novels have fair prices (Steins;Gate, all of the Zero Escape games, Danganronpa). These are usually 30+ hours long and have a lot of content. A lot of lower budget VNs aren't worth the price though. Paying $25 for Fault Milestone 1 is kind of crazy IMO, the series is split into multiple parts and each one isn't very long.

I'm kind of disappointed that Sekai Project decided to go with Fault Milestone 1 as their first VN for LRG.. especially considering the steam version has been cheaply bundled already.
It was zero escape for the ps vita.

Can't believe people don't see the value in buying something that is guaranteed to never go down in value.
I buy a lot of dumb shit mostly because I can but I couldn't bring myself to buy this one, it really just doesn't appeal to me. I really don't get the whole "it's going to worth money in the future thing."

Lots of people said that about "limited edition" sports cards and comic books, but guess what even if they're rare it doesn't mean s- if nobody wants them.
Only been active in CAG forums recently, but compared to other threads, I totally seeing this thread as about people who are obsessed in collecting backlog games especially pricey limited edition (with mostly space-occupying "accessories" included) with the mindset that they're going to keep the value which is only true if you can find another person who's obsessed with the same thing and your item isn't gong to be damaged or lost for whatever reason.

It's hard for me to relate this thread to "cheap".

I knew I was going to be getting Octodad as soon as I saw the gameplay.  Do I think I'll ever really play it?  No.  But I have a 5yo and a 9yo that I can just imagine laughing their goofy asses off while they're playing it.  There's not a lot of Vita games (that I own) that are really that accessible to them, so it's worth it to me.  (FWIW, I got the digital PS4 and the physical Vita).  If I could have tracked down a high-res (or at least zoomed) image of the tie, I might have been interested in that version... but, meh.

Only been active in CAG forums recently, but compared to other threads, I totally seeing this thread as about people who are obsessed in collecting backlog games especially pricey limited edition (with mostly space-occupying "accessories" included) with the mindset that they're going to keep the value which is only true if you can find another person who's obsessed with the same thing and your item isn't gong to be damaged or lost for whatever reason.
LOL, then stay out of the Collector's Edition thread.

I dont buy vita games to sell later. I buy them so I can look at them in the shelf and complain about having no games to play.
Same when it comes to my retro games they all sit on a shelf. I been trying not to buy crappy games because its hard to find or holds its value. Im looking at you devils third!

I dont buy vita games to sell later. I buy them so I can look at them in the shelf and complain about having no games to play.
Me on every game on every system. Also finally broke down, decided to try to sell my FFx/X-2 Vita console :/ Pains me to do it, but it's sitting on a shelf doing nothing at all, and I have a regular vita I use.

Yeah because the game teaches you how to solve some of these smh im speakong of the last one with puzzles that made no sense I know I wasnt the only one plus it got boring
If you say so. But as for me, it's my favorite DS game, and is tied with two others for my absolute favorite game.

It was zero escape for the ps vita.
Well, there's the problem. You should have played 999 first.

If you say so. But as for me, it's my favorite DS game, and is tied with two others for my absolute favorite game.

Well, there's the problem. You should have played 999 first.
same here. actually 999 is my fav game ever on any platform.

Maybe one day but looking for to the new zero time game.
do you mean "looking forward"? and the new game is called Zero Time Dilemma or the 3rd game of Zero Escape series. People are correcting you over and over again, just how hard is this to you?

While there are a lot of straight up vita collectors in here that will buy anything regardless of quality or interest, I don't think anyone wants to pay any more than they have to for any of this stuff. I mean one dude is trying to get a copy of B&C which had a release of 1500 copies and is selling new/sealed for around $150 on ebay ... in a trade for a $30 new release. Hahahahhahahahahaha. Still, people being cheap. Which again, should make this easy to relate to even if you can't relate to the idea of buying crap games for collecting purposes.

There are deals to be had here from time to time. Just pay attention and you'll see em show up. That said, there are less than 300 physical games.. and much fewer than that which actually hit retail stores which are available to even be on sale. So deals just don't happen every day... and some that do aren't that noteworthy. Plus that low number of retail games makes it realistically possible to collect them all (just like folks that can't resist getting all the pokemon). Still pay attention and you'll see this isn't quite as extreme a thread as say the LE Collectors thread where that is literally all they are interested in regardless of price. A good percent of the people here just want a game on a cart with it's original box and artwork and a good deal as well. If anything the thread is a little biased against digital purchases and sales. Still we have frisky's PSN sales thread to cover all of that stuff and it's much much better for discussing those deals.

Am I the only person who only gets games they actually want, not because of "worth more later" or "is limited" ?
My response to any "am I the only person..." question, without needing to read the rest of the sentence, is always "probably not, but I don't have all the data."

georox, on 21 Jun 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:
Am I the only person who only gets games they actually want, not because of "worth more later" or "is limited" ?
Like the above posters, no indeed. In fact, I have a rule when buying any game, no matter how much or how little it costs: will I eventually play it? If the answer is no or probably not, I don't buy it (true of pretty much anything I buy). I like to collect, but if I don't have a legitimate interest in playing a game I just can't persuade myself to spend money on it.

It may seem small, or even constricting, but it saves me a lot of money and I never have buyers' remorse.

I think the way you worded this question is funny. I mean, you can want something because of either "worth more later" or "is limited," can't you?

Again, there are a lot of pretty serious collectors floating around here. And if their buying Vita games allows publishers to keep printing Vita games, then hey, I'm happy.

I don't usually by LE or CE stuff unless it's Zelda-related or for some reason cheaper way after release because no one bought it. Kind of bummed I missed the Grand Kingdom Grand Edition though. Wasn't aware of the game until recently, but being a huge SRPG fan, it looks to be right up my alley.

Although the Grand Edition for Vita shows out of stock on the NISA website, the other two don't appear out of stock but I still get the same error when trying to add them to the cart. Hoping I get lucky enough to snag one at some point.

I don't usually by LE or CE stuff unless it's Zelda-related or for some reason cheaper way after release because no one bought it. Kind of bummed I missed the Grand Kingdom Grand Edition though. Wasn't aware of the game until recently, but being a huge SRPG fan, it looks to be right up my alley.

Although the Grand Edition for Vita shows out of stock on the NISA website, the other two don't appear out of stock but I still get the same error when trying to add them to the cart. Hoping I get lucky enough to snag one at some point.
I couldn't make up my mind on the Grand Edition for Vita. Ultimately, the decision seems to have been made for me. :D I don't care enough about the LE, though, so I just pre-ordered the standard from BB. I mean, I liked the parade poster, but I'd rather have the parade poster AND the cloth map.

Just happened to see shovel knight for vita. I have been wanting to pick the game on anyways on any system guess i am for vita version. I gotta say the PS TV is a great system for the 30 dollar bundle Walmart is selling.

This is also a limited release by Fangamer, so it's not going to be like the previous physical releases.

I'd recommend getting in on it sooner rather than later if you're interested.

Thanks for the heads-up on Shovel Knight. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that game for its retro-throwback, charm and how expansive it felt without every being frustratingly punishing.

Double-dipping to encourage Yacht Club and to encourage more physical Vita releases.

bread's done
Back