PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck it. I'm buying it.

I don't even want anything else, so I guess I'll pay the $10 shipping.
Thankfully you still have that $15 from not buying that complete copy of Shiren on the DS.

o_gentlemen-emoji-like-a-sir-smiling-happy-face-sticker-1ba7.jpg

(I'm sorry, it was just sitting there on the tee :D )

Normally most games come shrink wrapped in the LE bundles, but don't some of them lack bar-codes, as they are "not for sale" copies?
I doubt that Aksys would do the "not for resale" label for such a small print run game, but a full unboxing video would answer that (but I don't see any videos up yet).

Have finally ordered Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (crosses fingers that it arrives intact).

Also GameStop.com is done and out for the count right now, perhaps an attack being implemented by fellow collector's for all these long years of committing atrocities against video games? Well, one can always hope.

Someone said they need more Danganronpa.

Amazon.com (free shipping on orders over $49):
$29.75 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$29.67 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$38.90 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NewEgg.com (free shipping):
$31.60 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$31.60 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$29.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NISAmerica.com (free shipping on orders over $75):
$39.99 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$64.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls: Limited Edition
Yeah, I've seen that. However, I'm not a collector, and I travel a lot for work. I prefer digital downloads, and have just been eyeing the Danganronpa games for some time. The last time they went on sale was right after Christmas, so I wasn't flush with cash. I may break down and buy the first one physically at Amazon's price point at some point. I own a handful of Vita stuff, but the only thing I own physically is Persona 4 Golden, and it live in my vita for when I get the urge to go back to it.

I just know the second I spend 29.99 on a physical copy, the digital copy will go on sale for $20 on PSN.

Yeah, I've seen that. However, I'm not a collector, and I travel a lot for work. I prefer digital downloads, and have just been eyeing the Danganronpa games for some time. The last time they went on sale was right after Christmas, so I wasn't flush with cash. I may break down and buy the first one physically at Amazon's price point at some point. I own a handful of Vita stuff, but the only thing I own physically is Persona 4 Golden, and it live in my vita for when I get the urge to go back to it.

I just know the second I spend 29.99 on a physical copy, the digital copy will go on sale for $20 on PSN.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who isn't a collector. I also prefer digital downloads to physical copies. I don't use my vita too often so I believe that my 32 gb card will last me a life time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aside from when the Gamestop or Best Buy sales go under $25, I buy digital. For the longest time I was getting the Limited Editions for the shot at getting the game a day early but now I just find it's an extra $70 (I end up buying digital if they don't arrive on time) and an anime poster to sit in a plastic bin in the closet.

Looking for a cheap Vita slim. Any ideas where?
Brand new or used?

For new ones, I got a backup sealed one from this eBay seller for $152 shipped (perfect condition, fast shipping, he's sold almost 500 so far):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-PS-Vita-Slim-Handheld-Gaming-Console-PCH-2001-NEW-/121879197501?hash=item1c6090f73d:g:RSwAAOSwqv9V7Yha

New ones are also available on Amazon for around the same price (many different sellers, fulfilled by Amazon), but with tax a little more:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B00PV515DU/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1469659335&sr=1-2&keywords=Playstation+vita

For used systems, you really need to do some research and make sure you're aware of the condition. I would personally have to see a used system in person before buying, rather than trusting an online seller.

Aside from when the Gamestop or Best Buy sales go under $25, I buy digital. For the longest time I was getting the Limited Editions for the shot at getting the game a day early but now I just find it's an extra $70 (I end up buying digital if they don't arrive on time) and an anime poster to sit in a plastic bin in the closet.
I'm with you. Pretty much hold out for flash sales at this point. I really wanted to get the watch with the new Zero Escape game, so I pre-ordered it for both 3DS and Vita on Amazon, and we know how that turned out... ugh.

Hey everyone. I'm looking to order Oreshika from Heavyarm, and I have a question for those that have ordered from them: about how much would shipping be to the USA for one vita game? Thanks.

Wouldn't call it slow. I got mine in a week.

The $20 Shipping is supposed to arrive in 3-4 days.
Agreed. It's not terribly slow. He just refers to it as "slow." Took ~3 weeks for me to receive my shipment, and most of that was customs in NY. Not bad for international to the northeast. The fast shipping doesn't seem worth the $20 IMO.

If you buy digital, what do you put on your shelves?
Nothing. I have all of the boxes for my SNES stuff, but outside of that, I'm the evil person who just has binders. Sometimes I sell the empty cases on eBay for a few bucks. I just bought a physical game for the first time in over a year: Mario Maker, because of the BB Black Friday in July Sale. I think the last thing I bought physically was Bloodborne.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who isn't a collector. I also prefer digital downloads to physical copies. I don't use my vita too often so I believe that my 32 gb card will last me a life time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
eh to me it depends on the price. If a game is above 15$ digital its an easy pass. I typically don't spend more than 20 on physical copies so theres no way I'll spend that on digital.

I can't explain it, but something about that picture terrifies me.
I got a good laugh at how most of those cats are in boxes besides the black one which was too big so they cut the top of a box off so the poor guy could fit.

It does make me sad that I have like 4 physical games for the vita. tales of hearts r, cyber sleuth, p4vita, conception 2. But eh I just think of that much more room for my games then.

Have finally ordered Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (crosses fingers that it arrives intact).

Also GameStop.com is done and out for the count right now, perhaps an attack being implemented by fellow collector's for all these long years of committing atrocities against video games? Well, one can always hope.

Someone said they need more Danganronpa.

Amazon.com (free shipping on orders over $49):
$29.75 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$29.67 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$38.90 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NewEgg.com (free shipping):
$31.60 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$31.60 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$29.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NISAmerica.com (free shipping on orders over $75):
$39.99 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$64.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls: Limited Edition
I NEED DR3. WHERE THE fuck IS DR3? (It's really weird the anime comes out before the game...)

Looking for a cheap Vita slim. Any ideas where?
Fry's Electronics has them on sale for $159.99 this week.

I can't explain it, but something about that picture terrifies me.
Terrifyingly cute! No wonder he can't buy physical games, all that money is going for cat food.

Also, honest answer: books. My roommate and I have made a side room in our apartment into a library with 8 bookshelves that are overfilled with books.
Heresy! Books on bookshelves is so, uhm, medieval!

And why did we not know about this Indiegogo campaign!? It's over with now and we so could have shifted the tide of funding in favor of the Vita goal that was only 10k away from where it ended at, uhg!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ne-no-kami-a-yuri-vn-of-demons-spirits-and-love-steam-japan#/

Oh I forgot I put my consoles on my book shelves.  right now my wii pstv wiiu ps3 ps2 and 360 all share space on the one in the living room with the psp psvita 3ds and 2nd ps3 in the other room

The anime is the conclusion to the first two games. V3 is something else entirely.
To be more precise, Danganronpa 3 are new stories not presented in the games before. It consists of 2 parts/stories, both are being aired now (1 episode of each every week), 1 is prequel of 2nd game and the other is conclusion of the series.

2nd game has not and will not have anime.

Fry's Electronics has them on sale for $159.99 this week.

Terrifyingly cute! No wonder he can't buy physical games, all that money is going for cat food.

Heresy! Books on bookshelves is so, uh, medieval!

And why did we not know about this Indiegogo campaign!? It's over with now and we so could have shifted the tide of funding in favor of the Vita goal that was only 10k away from where it ended at, uhg!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ne-no-kami-a-yuri-vn-of-demons-spirits-and-love-steam-japan#/
I knew about it. I just don't want to give a shady company any more money.

Yeah, never had a chance to get the Breach & Clear franchise bundle.  I had it carted the second it went live and it was already sold out.  Only people running scripts had a chance.

I knew about it. I just don't want to give a shady company any more money.
Fry's is a shady company?

I never have an issue with them in store or online.

However, you can do better than $160 (+tax if applicable) for a ps vita on ebay, but if Fry's is shady, you shouldn't bother ebay.

Got my limited run games ordered after trying to get franchise bundle and failing over and over. I kept refreshing and it was late to show up then by the time I added to cart the checkout said OoS. I literally added it the second it had add to cart. Crazy.

Got my limited run games ordered after trying to get franchise bundle and failing over and over. I kept refreshing and it was late to show up then by the time I added to cart the checkout said OoS. I literally added it the second it had add to cart. Crazy.
Well, only 30 bundles were available

Cosmic Star Heroine is going to go quick...I haven't bought a few a of these (stopped after the first 2), but I actually want to play that game.

bread's done
Back