PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is a Vita discussion thread too, is there a way to list digital Vita games I own? They search criteria would be:

-Is 'purchased' on my account

-Is Vita game

-Is not DLC

-Is not playable on another console (or is not PSP / PS1)

-Is not activated from PS+ (or has no expiration date)

Thanks

Since this is a Vita discussion thread too, is there a way to list digital Vita games I own? They search criteria would be:

-Is 'purchased' on my account
-Is Vita game
-Is not DLC
-Is not playable on another console (PSP / PS1)
-Is not activated from PS+ (or has no expiration date)

Thanks
Cant you get all the games you own and then filter by category - vita, ps3 or ps4?

There's a chrome plugin that works on the store - PSDLE
(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/psdle/jdjhhapoddhnimgdemnpbfagndcnmhii?hl=en)

PS3 and Vita stores are effectively merged and the download list contains both on each console. They seem to keep the PS4 store separate.

It's still available though, you've got time. ☺
I know, but I've already bought the regular edition of the game and really need to watch my gaming funds with the next few months looking to be very expensive ones that I will have pick and choose the games I pick on release outside of what I have already pre-ordered, which is quite a bit. I have to keep reminding myself that in October I have a PS VR, several launch games, and the WWE 2K17 NXT Edition already on my plate, I also think all of those release on the same day! I will probably limit the number of VR games I pick up at launch and wait for sales on several of them.

After the debacle with the Zero Time Dilemma watch edition, I'm very hesitant to buy a CE. 

Looks like waiting has its perks as well, I managed to snag P4DAN CE for under $30 thanks to a sale, GCU, and a $5 reward.

Oh yeah, I preordered the CE of Persona 5.  Well that doesn't count, does it? Ha.

I'm just sick of these publisher web store exclusive CEs. It's a snazzy package but if I can't use my various store credits and get my 20% off I'll continue to pass.

I'm looking at you Squenix.
I love web store exclusives and my favorite are the DJMax games. Either support them or miss out. Their not losing sleep if you can't get a discount. There's always another buyer who will pay MSRP plus shipping. I love paying shipping too. Such a sweet bonus when it's shipped in a box with air packets.

After the debacle with the Zero Time Dilemma CE, I'm very hesitant to buy a CE.

Looks like waiting has its perks as well, I managed to snag P4DAN CE for under $30 thanks to a sale, GCU, and a $5 reward.

Oh yeah, I preordered the CE of Persona 5. Well that doesn't count, does it? Ha.
ZTD wasn't a CE. It was a vanilla version that was going to have a preorder premium shrinkwrapped to it.

I love web store exclusives and my favorite are the DJMax games. Either support them or miss out. Their not losing sleep if you can't get a discount. There's always another buyer who will pay MSRP plus shipping. I love paying shipping too. Such a sweet bonus when it's shipped in a box with air packets.
I have really nice luck with all the ce/le's I ordered since they always come that way. Of course the trade off is that they take forever to come to the boonies where I live and may get lost at the post office/store but Its not like I'm in a rush.

I'm just sick of these publisher web store exclusive CEs. It's a snazzy package but if I can't use my various store credits and get my 20% off I'll continue to pass.

I'm looking at you Squenix.
Actually the only thing i plan on getting from them is the KH VE (we all know they will have one for 2.8 or 3)

After the debacle with the Zero Time Dilemma CE, I'm very hesitant to buy a CE.

Oh yeah, I preordered the CE of Persona 5. Well that doesn't count, does it? Ha.
Speaking of the watch still havent gotten mine will pm them tomorrow so sad its taking this long

Fry's is a shady company?

I never have an issue with them in store or online.

However, you can do better than $160 (+tax if applicable) for a ps vita on ebay, but if Fry's is shady, you shouldn't bother ebay.
No Sekai is a shady company I still have not got my Grisaia Digital OST let alone my WEE keys.

Same here, I'll pay shipping cost every day and twice on Sundays for a proper box with packaging materials. I wish Amazon, BB or GS would offer a "box" option at check out, as I would gladly pay the price, and then these companies could afford to pay the extra 10 seconds to have someone package these items properly.

I know someone already posted unboxing pics of the Shiren LE earlier, but here's a full unboxing video for it (he does show a lot of the art book, so if you don't want to see that before getting your own copy skip that section):

https://youtu.be/BdDai76MW4U

Same here, I'll pay shipping cost every day and twice on Sundays for a proper box with packaging materials. I wish Amazon, BB or GS would offer a "box" option at check out, as I would gladly pay the price, and then these companies could afford to pay the extra 10 seconds to have someone package these items properly.
The "box" complaint people have... Has to be regional. I almost always get a bubble mailer, and everything is fine. Some of my orders that do come in a box looks like it was sat on. I don't remember any games ever being crushed either way though, 1-2 had discs out of the case but not scratched.

Then again, I rarely buy LE/CE games unless there is IN GAME content included.. The art books and such get thumbed through once and get tossed in a drawer to be looked at 15 years from now when I clean the drawer out.
99% of the time I turn the in game music off anyway, so soundtracks are a waste to me.

Give me the game, for cheap.

I may have missed it, but has anyone got their watch yet from Amazon?
Speaking of the watch still havent gotten mine will pm them tomorrow so sad its taking this long
No, no one has gotten their watches yet. As has been posted multiple times, estimated time frame is August or September.

No Sekai is a shady company I still have not got my Grisaia Digital OST let alone my WEE keys.
Have you checked your backerkit? Because that's how I got my WEE keys. I'd think your OST would be that way, and your WEE keys will be that way unless you picked Vita, in which case I'm not going to start that stupid debate again.

I bought just one game at GameStop this morning since this is Pro Members Day and all used games and accessories are supposed to be an additional 10% off for Pro Rewards Members right?

Just sent a message to GameStop customer support because the used/pre-owned copy of Assassin's Creed Chronicles only rang up atthe standard 10% off, not the 20% that it should have. Would've tried to get it corrected in store, but there was a line of five or six people behind me waiting to check out and I didn't want to stress out the clerk anymore than he already seemed to be.

The fee would come from your credit card, not VGP. Some cards have no fees for transactions in foreign currencies, some do.
That's not always true.

Certain companies do wave fees for foreign transactions depending on where they are located, but I see that they're only located in Canada, no warehouses anywhere in the US, so there'll be a fee regardless unfortunately.

I was just hoping since they offered USPS Priority Mail, they would have some sort of presence in the US, and maybe exempt me from it, but alas, only Canada. =/

If you plan to import a lot of stuff, get a Capital One card. No added fees for foreign transactions
I just borrow my friend's card.

I just would prefer not to do it that way if I don't have to, but I basically do that for other sites already anyways, so what's another purchase. :p

That's not always true.

Certain companies do wave fees for foreign transactions depending on where they are located, but I see that they're only located in Canada, no warehouses anywhere in the US, so there'll be a fee regardless unfortunately.

I was just hoping since they offered USPS Priority Mail, they would have some sort of presence in the US, and maybe exempt me from it, but alas, only Canada. =/
Location has nothing to do with it.

If the transaction is billed in US Dollars, there won't be a fee. If it's billed in CAD or another foreign currency, there may be a fee depending on the card. If you do importing regularly, it's good to have a card that has no foreign transaction fees.

Location has nothing to do with it.

If the transaction is billed in US Dollars, there won't be a fee. If it's billed in CAD or another foreign currency, there may be a fee depending on the card. If you do importing regularly, it's good to have a card that has no foreign transaction fees.
That's what I meant by location, or was at least was trying to imply. I was hoping they'd have an option to be billed in USD, but there wasn't one in the end.

I do import here and there, but of course, as mentioned before, I just use my friend's card anyways.

That's not always true.

If you plan to import a lot of stuff, get a Capital One card. No added fees for foreign transactions
Yeah, I just checked my order, and no fees. Then I noticed the "Capital One" comment, and that happened to be the card I used for this.

I also read before I used VGP, that they ship from the US(as that was one of the reason I went with them), and my ordered is due to arrive today, and tracking shows it was created and shipped in Niagara Falls NY, so I'm guessing they have a facility there, or they run it across the border, and ship on this side.

Yeah, I just checked my order, and no fees. Then I noticed the "Capital One" comment, and that happened to be the card I used for this.

I also read before I used VGP, that they ship from the US(as that was one of the reason I went with them), and my ordered is due to arrive today, and tracking shows it was created and shipped in Niagara Falls NY, so I'm guessing they have a facility there, or they run it across the border, and ship on this side.
All of their company info seems to be in Canada, so doesn't seem like they claim anything here anyways. T___T

In any case, aw well.

People still need to get in on the Shiren LE regardless! :D

Didn't mean to derail the great deal that's to be had. ^__^

I know someone already posted unboxing pics of the Shiren LE earlier, but here's a full unboxing video for it (he does show a lot of the art book, so if you don't want to see that before getting your own copy skip that section):

https://youtu.be/BdDai76MW4U
Here's the video again so people know what we're talking about.

You guys convinced me to get the Shiren LE. It's sold out at Aksys, but I see it's still up for preorder at VGP to ship 8/2. After shipping to the US, it came out to 87 CAD / 67 USD.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/shiren-the-wanderer-the-tower-fortune-and-the-dice-fate-eternal-wanderer-edition-vita-p-24115.html
And there's the link for people to go buy it.

GO NOW!

All of their company info seems to be in Canada, so doesn't seem like they claim anything here anyways. T___T

In any case, aw well.

People still need to get in on the Shiren LE regardless! :D

Didn't mean to derail the great deal that's to be had. ^__^

Here's the video again so people know what we're talking about.

And there's the link for people to go buy it.

GO NOW!
Just placed my order. Was thinking it would cost a lot but it was only a bit more than the Aksys store, I think.

Depending on where you live, may end up cheaper because of tax.
Yeah, my Gal Gun order was $45.31, which ain't bad for a new Vita release along with an art book and some bonus DLC. This was my first VGP order, so as long as I don't have any issues with their packaging, I'll for sure be getting more games from them in the future.

fine, i'll order shiren. first time buyer from videogameplus as well but looks to be pretty nice. is there a good chance i'll receive it this week?

fine, i'll order shiren. first time buyer from videogameplus as well but looks to be pretty nice. is there a good chance i'll receive it this week?
It seems to ship from NY, and the cheapest method was USPS Priority Mail, so probably pretty soon after the Aug. 2 release date on the site.

Maybe by the end of the week, depending if you're on the East Coast or not? XD

Well, my Gal Gun order from VGP arrived today, and it was in a bubble mailer, WTF!?

This doesn't instill much confidence in me, especially for future orders, but it was only the Vita game, and the art book which is just slightly longer than the Vita game case, so the mailer stayed flat, and the two items where very tight inside(that's what she said), so they arrived fine, but this still gives me pause.

Hopefully anything bigger will be shipped in a box, as others have stated their shipping is pretty good, so while this wasn't really something that arrived damaged, it very easily could have. So I guess I'll move forward on a game by game basis with VGP, but this order was way cheaper than dealing with Rice, so in the end, it was a good buy.

Well, my Gal Gun order from VGP arrived today, and it was in a bubble mailer, WTF!?

This doesn't instill much confidence in me, especially for future orders, but it was only the Vita game, and the art book which is just slightly longer than the Vita game case, so the mailer stayed flat, and the two items where very tight inside(that's what she said), so they arrived fine, but this still gives me pause.

Hopefully anything bigger will be shipped in a box, as others have stated their shipping is pretty good, so while this wasn't really something that arrived damaged, it very easily could have. So I guess I'll move forward on a game by game basis with VGP, but this order was way cheaper than dealing with Rice, so in the end, it was a good buy.
Well if they shipped Shiren in a bubble mailer, it would certainly be crushed, but you'd have good cause to demand a replacement as well. I'd be surprised if they did that.

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that Shiren LE sold out so quickly on the Aksys site; is that common? Is there a possibility they'll restock? I did order one before it went OOS, so I'm fine, but I really wonder about the production run for the LE. Could have been pretty small.

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that Shiren LE sold out so quickly on the Aksys site; is that common? Is there a possibility they'll restock? I did order one before it went OOS, so I'm fine, but I really wonder about the production run for the LE. Could have been pretty small.
Well, the Vita audience is small in general, so I can't really see anyone making huge LE qty's that may end up sitting around, or loosing money on with a sale down the road.

I ordered mine as soon as it was announced, as I didn't think this would make it to release. I think if NISA didn't have their qty counter, they would sale out faster as well. They even send alerts to those on their mailing list when the qty's get low, so there is never a reason to order right away with them.

I'm glad to see a LE bundle like this sale out quick, as it's more likely we will see more LE sets down the road for niche games like this.

Bought Grand Kingdom complete today for $20 with PRO 20% and $5 off coupon. Anyone have any thoughts on the game? Love SRPGs and this looks different and I'm very intrigued.

bread's done
Back