PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
update on pier solar for the vita this was posted today on the kickstarter

As we moved office over a year ago, we temporary had to return the Vita development kit to Sony as required by contract. However at the time we asked it back, they would no longer provide Vita development kit to such our small companies. As we can't control whenever we will get another development kit and already made numerous attempt at it, we consider this version of the game cancelled (reward-wise, at least). We understand the disappointment but we hope you understand the situation which is not in our hands

Pawn shop by my job got a few Vita games in, but I couldn't see exactly what they were. And unfortunately I was in a hurry and the store was busy so I couldn't get anything.

Worse yet, someone else seems to be hunting Vita games just like I am. On the ground just outside the store were a bunch of the same little plastic bags with the cardboard inside that the other Vita games were in.

Game on, fat boy.

If anyone is interested LE Shiren the Wanderer from Aksys is back up... Shipping is horrible but hey least I can use Paypal Credit!
Rats... not sure what I should do. There are risks with VG Plus... international shipping (customs fees) and longer transit (more damage). I would think that Aksys would be the safer place to buy from. Not to mention, if anything got damaged, you'd need to return the package with international shipping costs, which are nuts these days.

EDIT* fuck it, just ordered from Aksys store. Shipping wasn't that much more, overall.

Rats... not sure what I should do. There are risks with VG Plus... international shipping (customs fees) and longer transit (more damage). I would think that Aksys would be the safer place to buy from. Not to mention, if anything got damaged, you'd need to return the package with international shipping costs, which are nuts these days.

EDIT* fuck it, just ordered from Aksys store. Shipping wasn't that much more, overall.
Don't feel bad, I ordered one from Aksys as well. The shipping cost is well worth it since they'll put it in a box, not a bubble mailer. Well worth it, and I think this game isn't going to have a big production.

Yeah, even though it's pretty popular here, it's still not exactly a best seller. If it sells out, it's because they recognized the small market and printed accordingly.

VGP ships USPS Priority Mail from NY. @_@

Or is it E for Erotic?
tumblr_mkwe60iljA1r8q9x8o4_250.gif

Anyone who is picking up the Vita ver. of Gal Gun, please post up your impressions. Im hearing the load times are terrible (on ps4 load screens only last 1 or 2 seconds).

Also I hear the graphics (character models) take a hit and there is slowdown. Just thought id want to hear all of your impressions on it.

I want to order that Shiren LE while I can, but I'm just so tapped on LE/CE's right now.  Money's short and I don't want another LE due to most of them contain 90% of stuff I don't care about.  Though I do like my hardcover art books.

It didn't help I got stuck with that Mighty 9 LT(Limited Turd Edition) a few weeks ago, just kind of soured me on the bonus edition.

It didn't help I got stuck with that Mighty 9 LT(Limited Turd Edition) a few weeks ago, just kind of soured me on the bonus edition.
Best line ever^

Yeah, I was lucky, and was able to cancel all my orders before release, as I would have been super pissed to get stuck with this crap game.

Yeah, I know. You really gotta respect that.

I didn't know he was doing any kind of acting work right now. I remember someone asked him about the new Ghostbusters.

Don't know if you know this but his wife died and he raised their children, so he took a break in about 1997. He does projects from time to time though now.
I knew he took time off, didn't know exactly why. Some actors/actress just drop off the face of the planet for no reason at all.

One of the funniest guys ever, always liked him. Respect him for his choice. (I just looked into him after seeing your comment earlier)

Thought I'd just mention this situation about Vita consoles. The Aqua Blue Vita, carried only by Gamestop in NA (model ZX23), completely sold out from that retailer. Gamestop occasionally has "refurbished" copies available on their website (obviously just trade-ins), but those sell out very quickly whenever they pop up. And on eBay, there are many Japanese Aqua Blue Vita consoles (model ZA23), but very few NA ones.

It seems like this particular NA Vita console is going to be more scarce down the road. GS probably didn't get a ton of them, and they probably won't get any future shipments from Sony, since the Vita is not considered a "hot product".

I got one late last year and really like the color, so I picked up a new backup Aqua Blue from eBay recently.

I called Best Buy a couple days ago, and was assured the $10 rewards cert applied to the Vita version as well. If the game releases and no reward cert, my guess is Best Buy would be good about applying one if called.
Did anyone happen to get a screen cap of the preorder page for Lego Star Wars Force Awakens? i never got the $10 cert. Emailed customer service with a link to the GCU forum where their own social media people confirmed vita was eligible. They still want a pic though :whistle2:/

Thought I'd just mention this situation about Vita consoles. The Aqua Blue Vita, carried only by Gamestop in NA (model ZX23), completely sold out from that retailer. Gamestop occasionally has "refurbished" copies available on their website (obviously just trade-ins), but those sell out very quickly whenever they pop up. And on eBay, there are many Japanese Aqua Blue Vita consoles (model ZA23), but very few NA ones.

It seems like this particular NA Vita console is going to be more scarce down the road. GS probably didn't get a ton of them, and they probably won't get any future shipments from Sony, since the Vita is not considered a "hot product".

I got one late last year and really like the color, so I picked up a new backup Aqua Blue from eBay recently.
Grabbing a backup is a great idea. I got mine in December and I love it. Paint a game system in Mega Man Blue and watch me throw money at it.

Did anyone happen to get a screen cap of the preorder page for Lego Star Wars Force Awakens? i never got the $10 cert. Emailed customer service with a link to the GCU forum where their own social media people confirmed vita was eligible. They still want a pic though :whistle2:/
Here you go:

k54neb.jpg

It shows Vita platform on the left side, in case they don't notice it.

I also have a pdf printout of the full page if they rather see that: http://www.filedropper.com/legostarwarstheforceawakens-psvita-bestbuy

Gonna need to get a cheap Vita just to homebrew with now. Too bad Cowboom isn't around anymore.
Cowboom was a disivion of Best Buy. It's not that they killed it, they dropped the "CowBoom" name and integrated the CowBoom offerings into the main site as "Best Buy Outlet".: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/outlet-refurbished-clearance/pcmcat142300050026.c?id=pcmcat142300050026

I think the white PS Vita 1000 that came from the Assassin's Creed Bundle will be a equally or possible even scarcer than the GameStop Aqua Blue 2000 series down the line.

Here's the message I got this morning concerning the exact same issue. I finally got around to inquiring about the certificate on Saturday.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet to receive your Pre-Order Bonus Reward Certificate. Let me look into that for you.

After going through all new and expired promotions in relation to the Pre-order of the LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens PS Vita, I've found out the Pre-Order Bonus Reward Certificate given away is actually a part of an ongoing promotion with our My Best Buy Department. Hence, we suggest you to call directly our My Best Buy Department at 1-866-793-9663.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

Sincerely,
Rod
Best Buy Customer Care

BB's Unboxed Forum support has gotten terrible. I've submitted several issues to them over the last year via posts and/or PMs and haven't gotten any responses. Very annoying because they used to be on top of everything.

BB's Unboxed Forum support has gotten terrible. I've submitted several issues to them over the last year via posts and/or PMs and haven't gotten any responses. Very annoying because they used to be on top of everything.
What issues? They have been pretty responsive to my PM's, to the point that I am actually impressed.

I think they announced that awhile back, because I knew about it already well before today.

Now, didn't know it was going to cost 5 arms, and 7 legs, but damn. T___T

Really want to support a fantastic game. But that price is just simply too much for me, sub $100 I would have definitely went for it.

bread's done
Back