PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Oreshika Asia Eng and Soul Sacrifice Delta got restocked at Heavy Arms.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/764969578724110336

$35 usd each.

$10 flat shipping up to 5 games and $20 for Express Shipping

Moero Crystal Asia wont have English subs....so that's a no go for me and shouldn't be on that list. Other than that lots of niche stuff for everyone. 

Way too many VNs, LRG needs to branch out and actively seek a greater variety of genres for their physical releases. There are very few games in the action, shooting, and racing genres, among others.
This This and more this. I want binding of issac complete edition, thomas was alone complete, ps1 classicq as well.

Man the Vita is Japanese dream machine if you don't like them there is no point in having a Vita
I was focused on PS1, PSP, PS2 ports, and the massive amount of great indie games when I bought my Vita (after playing a cheap PSTV first and loving the indie games on it). Really when I bought mine it wasn't even future thinking towards japanese games. I don't care much for VN's or fanservice focused games... though I do like that we have some RPG's and other stuff to look forward to and I like other japanese games. But there is PLENTY of reason to have a Vita besides the Japanese games coming out.

Moero Crystal Asia wont have English subs....so that's a no go for me and shouldn't be on that list. Other than that lots of niche stuff for everyone.
It hurts more every time you remind me.
Just throwing this idea out there, if we pull together some hardcore Vita fans here, we can band a support group so that those who can understand Japanese/Chinese (to some degree) help out those who can't and are playing the import. Can't imagine it is too difficult if you beat Moe Chronicle already (or a DRPG veteran in general). I will definitely help out.

I believe the Prime 20% off on Gal Gun Double Peace expires today so if you were on the fence about getting it you may want to decide soon.  There's a chance it will go down lower in the future but if its like Stein's Gate it will take a while.

I believe the Prime 20% off on Gal Gun Double Peace expires today so if you were on the fence about getting it you may want to decide soon. There's a chance it will go down lower in the future but if its like Stein's Gate it will take a while.
I can wait for $20-ish, especially after hearing about the issues with the Vita version.

I can wait for $20-ish, especially after hearing about the issues with the Vita version.
Vita issues? What are the issues? Lets face it, i was going to get the vita version just like everyone hear but if there are critical issues then i might just have to jump to PS4

Got another 3 imported titles

wXFWOYX.jpg

Vita issues? What are the issues? Lets face it, i was going to get the vita version just like everyone hear but if there are critical issues then i might just have to jump to PS4
Mostly bad framerate and really long load times. This review is a pretty good read IMO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1RPB550NC8R7P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01GOK1H4W
I own it on Vita, and honestly, it hasn't bothered me that much. Starting up the game is atrocious, but once you're in game, they're longer than they ought to be, but certainly isn't the worst I've ever played. And the frame rate issues are annoying but rarely impact gameplay in my experience, it's mostly just in pan shots to set up the scene. If you're one of those "ZOMG 60FPS OR IT'S UNPLAYABALE!!!!11" people, then yeah, it's probably unacceptable, but for people who are more reasonable, it's probably fine. And for the unsubtitled voices, since I have played through multiple routes with no issues in controls or following the story, yeah, it probably is pretty unimportant. I wish it were subtitled anyway, but that reviewer is making it seem like you are missing critical information, when as far as I've played, you just aren't. It has its flaws, but 2/5 stars is an overreaction. It's not 5/5, but it's perfectly playable and enjoyable.

I own it on Vita, and honestly, it hasn't bothered me that much. Starting up the game is atrocious, but once you're in game, they're longer than they ought to be, but certainly isn't the worst I've ever played. And the frame rate issues are annoying but rarely impact gameplay in my experience, it's mostly just in pan shots to set up the scene. If you're one of those "ZOMG 60FPS OR IT'S UNPLAYABALE!!!!11" people, then yeah, it's probably unacceptable, but for people who are more reasonable, it's probably fine. And for the unsubtitled voices, since I have played through multiple routes with no issues in controls or following the story, yeah, it probably is pretty unimportant. I wish it were subtitled anyway, but that reviewer is making it seem like you are missing critical information, when as far as I've played, you just aren't. It has its flaws, but 2/5 stars is an overreaction. It's not 5/5, but it's perfectly playable and enjoyable.
Thanks for the input. I'll hold out for $25 or less.

I came here hoping someone was talking about this. I'm ready to jump on the Vita train and know little about the two different versions. I'm rarely traveling these days so I don't care which has a longer battery, I always bring my 3DS too. Which is the better version performance wise?
Differences between the OG vita and slim are the screen, battery life and that it's just smaller.

OG vita has the Oled while slim has LCD screen. The rest are the same, and that some people find the OG one more comfortable because it's heftier in the hand.

Differences between the OG vita and slim are the screen, battery life and that it's just smaller.

OG vita has the Oled while slim has LCD screen. The rest are the same, and that some people find the OG one more comfortable because it's heftier in the hand.
Another advantage of the Slim is that it utilizes Mirco USB for charging which is a huge plus IMO. I personally prefer the OLED though due to the weight and amazing OLED screen. The battery difference is an hour between the two with the Slim being slightly better, but they both have awesome battery life IMO.

Another advantage of the Slim is that it utilizes Mirco USB for charging which is a huge plus IMO. I personally prefer the OLED though due to the weight and amazing OLED screen. The battery difference is an hour between the two with the Slim being slightly better, but they both have awesome battery life IMO.
I prefer slim over oled, simply because it's lighter and easier to hold. It's a portable device so it's should be lighter to hold all day long regardless at home or on the road., that's a good trade off to the a little more vibrant oled screen.

I got slim before oled, so that could be the reason and the first thing I noticed was oled is heavy. People who got used to oled first might think otherwise.

I prefer slim over oled, simply because of it's lighter and easier to hold. It's a portable device so it's should be lighter to hold all day long, that's a good trade off to the a little more vibrant oled screen.
Yeah, I'm a slim guy all the way. It all comes down to personal preference, but from the first time I held the 1000, I found it "fat" and heavy. Now some like the sturdier weight of it, but I have small hands, and it just never felt comfortable.

Any and every issue I had with the 1000 was fixed with the slim(2000). Now I was a fan of the OLED, and I wish they would have kept it, but the slim LCD screen is far from bad, and looks excellent IMO, just not as nice as the OLED.

So for me, the only real benefit of the 1000 was the screen, but nothing else. Now if Sony ever brings back the OLED and combines it with the form factor of the slim, I'm all in, no question. But for now, the slim is top shelf for me.

I got slim before oled, so that could be the reason and the first thing I noticed was oled is heavy. People who got used to oled first might think otherwise.
I started off with a refurb OLED back in 2013 and bought a slim this year. I stopped using the OLED altogether with how light the slim was and the fact I could use the cell phone charger plugged in next to my bed instead of having to keep a different cable around.

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help answer a quick question. I don't currently own a Vita or a PSP, but I'm interested in getting a Vita so I can play Vita games and PSP games.

The guides I have read seem to imply I must buy the PSP games digitally before I can play them. Obviously I can't use the UMDs on the Vita, so is there any other legal way to play PSP games on the Vita? Basically, is there any way I can say "Hey, I have this game for the PSP physically. Let me play it on my Vita please!"

Basically, is there any way I can say "Hey, I have this game for the PSP physically. Let me play it on my Vita please!"
No, you'll have to resort to other means.

And if you want to use those other means you'll need to be mindful of the version of firmware. That's all I'll say.

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help answer a quick question. I don't currently own a Vita or a PSP, but I'm interested in getting a Vita so I can play Vita games and PSP games.

The guides I have read seem to imply I must buy the PSP games digitally before I can play them. Obviously I can't use the UMDs on the Vita, so is there any other legal way to play PSP games on the Vita? Basically, is there any way I can say "Hey, I have this game for the PSP physically. Let me play it on my Vita please!"
If you want to make use of those UMDs, it might be worth your while to just look into buying a PSP. They've gotten pretty cheap; I picked one up over the winter for ~$60 with a few games. Otherwise you're looking at rebuying them digitally, like you said.

I have a 1000, never even held a 2000 before, but I'd probably recommend it over the 1000. The only reason I say that is because of the charging cable. There's nothing wrong with the Vita 1000's cable, it's just that its a proprietary Sony cable, meaning no other device uses it. Because of that, along with the quick decline in Vita interest and support, and the fact that the 2000 model came out so soon after the 1000, there aren't really many 3rd party choices. Sony doesn't make the 1000 cable anymore, Best Buy has clearanced out their Insignia brand Vita charger, so your best bet is cheap Chinese knock-off's of unknown quality that are only available from places like eBay and 3rd party Amazon sellers.

We all have microUSB cables, and most people even carry one on their person. I have an iPhone and I still carry a microUSB cable with me. Because of that, I'd say the 2000 is the better choice. Now, if you never leave the house with the Vita, and your cables are treated perfectly, you may never need another 1000 cable, in which case, sure, get a 1000 model. 

Lots of folks here like the form factor and lighter weight of the slim 2000, but I personally prefer the OLED display on the OG 1000.
Pretty sure everyone agrees the OLED display is better than the 2000/Slim model's LCD.

I owned both, and the OLED's color is more vivid. The screen itself can get quite a bit brighter, and has darker blacks.

That being said, the Slim's LCD is not bad, it's just not as good as the OLED. The form factor, lighter weight, better battery life, and non-proprietary charger pushes the Slim over the OG model, in my opinion. And when you are holding the Slim by itself, you don't even think about the screen difference. It's only when they are side by side that it is noticeable.

I have a 1000, never even held a 2000 before, but I'd probably recommend it over the 1000. The only reason I say that is because of the charging cable. There's nothing wrong with the Vita 1000's cable, it's just that its a proprietary Sony cable, meaning no other device uses it. Because of that, along with the quick decline in Vita interest and support, and the fact that the 2000 model came out so soon after the 1000, there aren't really many 3rd party choices. Sony doesn't make the 1000 cable anymore, Best Buy has clearanced out their Insignia brand Vita charger, so your best bet is cheap Chinese knock-off's of unknown quality that are only available from places like eBay and 3rd party Amazon sellers.

We all have microUSB cables, and most people even carry one on their person. I have an iPhone and I still carry a microUSB cable with me. Because of that, I'd say the 2000 is the better choice. Now, if you never leave the house with the Vita, and your cables are treated perfectly, you may never need another 1000 cable, in which case, sure, get a 1000 model.
Best Buy still has theirs available. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-power-kit-for-ps-vita-and-psp-multi/3622056.p?id=1219092580389&skuId=3622056

Will definitely grab one of these since I just noticed a break in the rubber casing of my 1000 cable, and my wife will not be happy if she can't use her Vita. Thanks for the link!
My cable somehow got snipped too and the wires are showing. It still works, and I covered it with ducttape lol. I'm always wary of third party cables, but does anyone think this would charge faster than the proprietary cable?

To reiterate what everyone else has said, the cable is my only gripe about the OLED vita. I still remember when I first turned on the screen to play P4G. The colors really popped during the opening cinematic, and I instantly fell in love with the vita. I'm sure the newer model is better in every other way, but the OLED screen really does look stunning.

Slim is best. It's true the OLED screen looks better, but the difference isn't big by any means. Or even small. The difference is somewhere in between minuscule and small. 

Slim is best. It's true the OLED screen looks better, but the difference isn't big by any means. Or even small. The difference is somewhere in between minuscule and small.
Very true. I don't even own a Slim so I'm totally biased :whistle2:

Either screen looks far better than the 3DS though. I cringe at the pixelation everytime I switch between handhelds. :vita: > :3ds:

I actually went straight from the 1000, directly to the 2000, and my first thought was "Damn, what happened to the screen?" LOL So this wasn't side by side, but me noticing the difference from memory alone. Which for me says, it's a pretty big difference.

I noticed that right away, but everything else was so much better with the slim, I didn't care. But the more I used the slim, the more I didn't notice the screen being different from the OLED, but me then noticing that the LCD is actually pretty nice on it's own, but just not side by side with the OLED.

100000000% agree, I've been team Slim Vita since September 17 2014. I couldn't imagine ever going back to a Phat Vita.

I was at first, one of those people who didn't want to "downgrade" screens but one of Eld's post in AWD thread swayed me to try it, I never looked back. As other people have said, it isn't really all that noticeable unless you put them side by side. I don't feel like it's inferior at all. The system is perfect, it doesn't cramp my hands and handheld itself just looks better imo.

Very true. I don't even own a Slim so I'm totally biased :whistle2:

Either screen looks far better than the 3DS though. I cringe at the pixelation everytime I switch between handhelds. :vita: > :3ds:
Man, your so right^

I love my DS & 3DS to death, and I'm no graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes I look at that screen, and I'll say "What the fuck where those guys thinking, this screen looks like ass". They are so lucky that the games are fun and often cool, as game-play is key at the end of the day, but man, that screen makes it so hard sometimes to enjoy the game at hand. LOL

I know this is a scam but am still tempted just in case... hah with eBay's protection I should easily get my $25 back if it isn't legit right?

I have never had to bother with refunds with eBay though... it sounds easy in theory but is it always the case when it is a shady transaction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-PS-Vita-Wi-Fi-Gaming-Console-128MB-Handheld-System-/252502903018?hash=item3aca5888ea:g:zV4AAOSwMtxXs6i~
I bought one too. We'll get our $25 back in a month or two, don't worry :D

bread's done
Back