PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Only valueable to collectors. As a collector i refuse to pay hundreds for one game like earth bound hahaha i lol at the suckers that do and that is why most ppl scalp because they know some idiot will pay for it in the end. As for vita being cracked hope it means prices will drop just like they did for psp i just need it to be 50 and im coping a slim
Earthbound is also a highly influential game and a prominent Nintendo release, so I don't think most Vita games will be anywhere near as valuable. LRG being the exception, because they intentionally make those valuable through scarcity.

The Vita dropping down to 50 would be super nice (I'd probably buy a back-up myself at that point), but it's on the rise currently. Might take a while for the hack-hype to lose its value.

The Dragon Quest IX trick? Sure, but I'm pretty sure they shut down the online functionality years ago. But I'll tell you how it used to work.

Every day you could log into the online section DQIX, and visit a shop that had rare items and equipment for sale. You could only buy one copy, but every day had a new selection. The trick is that you could save after vising the shop but without buying anything and that day's items would still be there later, and you could also use the multiplayer component to buy things from other people's daily online shop, and the online system couldn't tell the different between a real copy of the game and a ROM. All you had to do was visit the shop in the ROM on your homebrew card, save, copy the save to your PC, use a second DS with a real copy of the game (preferably) to visit the world of the ROM, and buy out their shop. That save you copied will always have those items in the shop, and you can copy it back to the card and buy out the shop as many times as you want. Deck out your whole party with the great gear instead of just one piece at a time, or buy infinite rare items for the alchemy pot. If you had a whole bunch of different saves saved, of course.

Good times. I guess the trick still works if you can find some saves online that are old enough, and want to go through the hassle for not much reward really, but it seriously cut down on DQIX's post-game grind.

At one point I had dreamed of collecting enough saves that I could buy any item in the game through the shop trick, but my wi-fi was spotty back then, and I never got anywhere near that many saves collected. Is that weird? Collecting save files? I'm pretty sure that makes me weird. Oh well, I had fun.
No, thank you for explaining that. When I searched online, it came up with a bunch of adware. Lol. That's pretty cool though. You have to back up your save files. I used to do backups every 3-4 months for my PS3 because I had a bunch of saves on there. My PS3 finally bit the dust a year or so ago, and that was right before I did my backup. So I lost ton of saved data. I never went back to see what I actually lost because it would be too much to bare. Lol. I wonder how much that PS3 would cost to fix, but I have a secondary PS3 that I rarely use. So I'm not sure it would be worth it to get it fixed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I know a few people are still holding out hope that Sony is going to announce something definitive with the Vita in a few days in terms of new hardware revision at a $99 price range.

If the plans are to phase out the Vita entirely in the immediate future, I sort of wonder if Sony has plans to announce some sort of update to the PS4 that allows the Vita/PSP/PSOne Classics titles from the online store to work on that system as a sort of a Sony response to the Nintendo NES Classic thing coming out. 

I know a few people are still holding out hope that Sony is going to announce something definitive with the Vita in a few days in terms of new hardware revision at a $99 price range.

If the plans are to phase out the Vita entirely in the immediate future, I sort of wonder if Sony has plans to announce some sort of update to the PS4 that allows the Vita/PSP/PSOne Classics titles from the online store to work on that system as a sort of a Sony response to the Nintendo NES Classic thing coming out.
Sadly I think that has already started talked to a electronics manager at walmart and he said he hasnt seen any ps vita merchandise in 6 months R.I.P we all can blame sony

To be honest, neither have I.  Outside of Gamestop, our Vita game selection is down to like 2 games in my area.

Given that every retailer has sort of abandoned the system entirely, I wonder what reaction would be if Sony just put all their Vita eggs in one basket and made Gamestop the 'exclusive' B&M retailer for the foreseeable future to keep the system in circulation, keep getting it shelf space and promotion, continue some degree of support, etc.

I can't see how that could alienate Wal-mart, TRU, Target, etc. chains too much considering they've pretty much been prepping to or already have dropped the system, anyway.

I'm thinking discontinued myself. Back in March there was a posting to Reddit with a guy that seemed familiar with Walmart warehouses. He stated that store restocks were cancelled by Sony, but was downvoted so hard by Vita fanboys that he deleted the posting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4cqs69/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products/

and there's the comment on why he deleted it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4cqxrm/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products_gaming/d1l7pum

Now here we are, almost 6 months later seeing early signs this may be true. I just wanted to put the disclaimer there.

Sadly I think that has already started talked to a electronics manager at walmart and he said he hasnt seen any ps vita merchandise in 6 months R.I.P we all can blame sony
Was in my local Wal*Mart about four weeks ago and they had just that morning stocked 3 PS Vita (2000) system in the PlayStation hardware glass case. Had to go back to the store a couple of days later to return an item and noted they had already sold all of them.

There is a fellow in a PSN chat group I'm in that works at a Wal*Mart out in the western part of the U.S.A. who has had the Electronics Department Manager of his store look into the PS Vita situation since then and was told that Wal*Mart is planning to re-stock PS Vita systems in distribution sometime in November.

To be honest, neither have I. Outside of Gamestop, our Vita game selection is down to like 2 games in my area.

Given that every retailer has sort of abandoned the system entirely, I wonder what reaction would be if Sony just put all their Vita eggs in one basket and made Gamestop the 'exclusive' B&M retailer for the foreseeable future to keep the system in circulation, keep getting it shelf space and promotion, continue some degree of support, etc.

I can't see how that could alienate Wal-mart, TRU, Target, etc. chains too much considering they've pretty much been prepping to or already have dropped the system, anyway.
Gamestop doesn't even have new PS Vita systems anymore (black or Aqua), I doubt they have much interest in supporting it in the near future. They'd probably prefer to use the store shelf space for PSVR or NX (if the latter even comes out, Nintendo seems to be afraid to talk about it).

$14 is a decent deal for Child of Light. Not mind-blowing, but it hasn't had very many discounts, so you aren't doing badly by that deal either. I don't think I've ever seen it for $10 or lower, so you're about in the proper ball-park for a solid deal. The original price was $20, so it isn't a stellar deal, but still below MSRP.

The game itself was rated fairly highly, and the technicals are supposed to be exceptionally good. It was made using the Ubi-Art engine, the same game engine that powers the more recent entries in the Rayman series. (which have all looked phenomenally good, and played pretty well too) So yeah, probably a good get. I made sure to have a copy of my own in my collection.

$14 is a decent deal for Child of Light. Not mind-blowing, but it hasn't had very many discounts, so you aren't doing badly by that deal either. I don't think I've ever seen it for $10 or lower, so you're about in the proper ball-park for a solid deal. The original price was $20, so it isn't a stellar deal, but still below MSRP.

The game itself was rated fairly highly, and the technicals are supposed to be exceptionally good. It was made using the Ubi-Art engine, the same game engine that powers the more recent entries in the Rayman series. (which have all looked phenomenally good, and played pretty well too) So yeah, probably a good get. I made sure to have a copy of my own in my collection.
I played decently far into Child of Light on the WiiU from the most-recent Nintendo Humble Bundle, and that game made the purchase worth it. I paid $16 for Child of Light on the Vita a month ago and plan to play it through entirely. The overall style and gameplay mechanics are definitely worth $14, if not more.

Amazon has now removed their own listing from the PS Vita page. Just this morning they had a status of "Backordered" when selecting other sellers.

Child of Light is an excellent turn-based RPG. It's not particularly hard but the art style, gameplay mechanics and music are top notch. The dialogue is all written in in rhyme and takes a little getting used to. It's also fairly short, which isn't a bad thing as it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Gamestop doesn't even have new PS Vita systems anymore (black or Aqua), I doubt they have much interest in supporting it in the near future. They'd probably prefer to use the store shelf space for PSVR or NX (if the latter even comes out, Nintendo seems to be afraid to talk about it).
I think you mean they want they space to stock POP figures and t-shirts.

Here is a thought: Complete recall or halt in production in order to prevent more devices being hacked. Why is it that there were alot of September games are being delayed?

My copy of Trails of Cold Steel 2 arrived yesterday from Amazon.  It's uncommon enough for me to get a game at launch but to get it a day early and on a holiday is super unusual.  I was kind of thrown by the cover art because at first glance it looks like it just says "The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel" omitting the important "2" or "II".   It does have a "2" on the spine art and the cover has a "II" in the background with a couple beams of light through it.  $32 shipped and all, no muss no fuss... no waiting for an eventual sale to get it for $33 after tax locally for a used copy.  I just hope they sell enough to warrant completing the 3rd game translation for next year.

I did buy Child of Light in physical form, but the digital Ultimate Edition was super cheap recently (~$8 back around June) and has more content than the physical game so I don't actually plan to open my copy.  That one I'll probably sell off eventually.  $14 for a physical copy is a decent deal.

This Friday is Dragon Fantasy TBToI from LRG.  Part of me wants it, and part of me is questioning my judgment in buying physical copies of games I already own (and paid a lot less for) digitally.

This Friday is Dragon Fantasy TBToI from LRG. Part of me wants it, and part of me is questioning my judgment in buying physical copies of games I already own (and paid a lot less for) digitally.
People can spend their money however they want, but I don't really see the appeal of paying $25+ for Dragon Fantasy Book II when I thought the game was just OK after having bought it for $2 last July.

Of course, this is assuming people buy LRG titles with the intention of playing them, which is ridiculous. :roll:

Here is a thought: Complete recall or halt in production in order to prevent more devices being hacked. Why is it that there were alot of September games are being delayed?
If Vita 3k is a real thing, it might have more processing power and battery life which a game like Atelier would benefit from. Developers are already having to chose between turning off wifi or lowering screen brightness to squeeze out a liitte more performance.

My copy of Trails of Cold Steel 2 arrived yesterday from Amazon. It's uncommon enough for me to get a game at launch but to get it a day early and on a holiday is super unusual. I was kind of thrown by the cover art because at first glance it looks like it just says "The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel" omitting the important "2" or "II". It does have a "2" on the spine art and the cover has a "II" in the background with a couple beams of light through it. $32 shipped and all, no muss no fuss... no waiting for an eventual sale to get it for $33 after tax locally for a used copy. I just hope they sell enough to warrant completing the 3rd game translation for next year.

I did buy Child of Light in physical form, but the digital Ultimate Edition was super cheap recently (~$8 back around June) and has more content than the physical game so I don't actually plan to open my copy. That one I'll probably sell off eventually. $14 for a physical copy is a decent deal.

This Friday is Dragon Fantasy TBToI from LRG. Part of me wants it, and part of me is questioning my judgment in buying physical copies of games I already own (and paid a lot less for) digitally.
USPS works on Labor Day? Or was it UPS (I thought hey both were closed).

One of my items says it was delivered at my door...but it wasn't and it was a hoilday.

One of my items says it was delivered at my door...but it wasn't and it was a hoilday.
I've gotten USPS Amazon packages delivered on Sunday in the past, but lately I've been getting Amazon packages from "plain clothes" delivery people. They have a scan device, and drive normal vehicles, so who knows?

I have a Amazon distro center in town, so I always just assumed it was an Amazon employee of some kind. I've never caught them in person, so I've never been able to ask specifically who they work for, but they do exist.

I've gotten USPS Amazon packages delivered on Sunday in the past, but lately I've been getting Amazon packages from "plain clothes" delivery people. They have a scan device, and drive normal vehicles, so who knows?

I have a Amazon distro center in town, so I always just assumed it was an Amazon employee of some kind. I've never caught them in person, so I've never been able to ask specifically who they work for, but they do exist.
I get deliveries from Amazon on sunday's too...i meant yesterday, on Monday (labor day)

Yep, it was on my front door when I got home as was another Amazon package with a fridge part for my father-in-law. Both were USPS.

I've had Sunday packages like that from Amazon. I'd imagine that's what happened yesterday, but I wasn't there to see the person.

Blah. I bet they delivered my item to the wrong place then since it says it was on my door step
Or some one stole it, as that is always an option when packages aren't where there supposed to be. 99% of the time, mine is delivered wrong, so that's the most viable option for what happened.

That's one of the best things about Amazon, if you have a lost, stolen, or wrongly delivered item, they will replace it ASAP. And normally, they 2 day it for your troubles. Of course when that happens for a LE set that is sold out, it's not so great, but normally, it's just a small delay.

If that happens at GS, they have to go through the process of opening a claim, and only once the carrier states they lost it, or delivered it wrong, will GS replace or refund you. Amazon doesn't give a fuck , and they'll replace it on your word.

Or some one stole it, as that is always an option when packages aren't where there supposed to be. 99% of the time, mine is delivered wrong, so that's the most viable option for what happened.

That's one of the best things about Amazon, if you have a lost, stolen, or wrongly delivered item, they will replace it ASAP. And normally, they 2 day it for your troubles. Of course when that happens for a LE set that is sold out, it's not so great, but normally, it's just a small delay.

If that happens at GS, they have to go through the process of opening a claim, and only once the carrier states they lost it, or delivered it wrong, will GS replace or refund you. Amazon doesn't give a fuck , and they'll replace it on your word.
It says It was delivered when I was home, and I was 3 feet from the door lol.

They are apparently morons that dont know how to read addresses or they lied about delivery -.-

They are apparently morons that dont know how to read addresses or they lied about delivery -.-
ive been getting all my packages left at either at my door or upstairs neighbor without ringing my doorbell for the past month. USPS and UPS.

I also had a mobile notice from Amazon that a package was delivered on Monday and I was home all day and didn't receive anything.
Wonder if they just got it at the post office...and they will deliver today. Not sure, but it sucks.

Amazon has to wait until Wednesday to consider it "lost" anyways

They might delay because they feel like they haven't been advertising it as much

Son of a ...

Seeing that people were receiving their Trails of Cold Steel 2, I went to check on my order ... only to realize that I must have accidentally ordered 1 again when I had tried to preorder. Supposedly it was already delivered months ago too, and I don't remember getting it. I already had 1 that I bought last December.

I've had that same thing happen. My office where I spend most of my day is about 3 feet from my door as well, and I've had packages show they came while I was sitting there, and NOTHING.

Yeah, in that situation, it more than likely went to the wrong address. I've also had situations where they put the package on the wrong route, and instead of labeling it as "miss delivered", they mark it as "delivered" and it will come the next day.

The post office really is the worst in regards to all things "job/work" performance related. I swear to God, they are the first ones in line to take a day off for anything, but when it comes to taking pride in their jobs, or doing it well, their like "what's that?" LOL

Should be a CCA if it's "plain clothes" but at least wearing a USPS hat (they re supposed to be given one when they start) Could also be that you live in a "rural" area with a non city carrier delivering, but most Rural offices now have the LLV's given to them when they are replaced for the newer vehicles. (Vans, Pro Masters etc.)

could also be a 3rd party contract outfit like OnTrac delivering as well, but they also have a uniform.. but it looks more like plain clothes.

as someone already said, Amazon and USPS have a contract to deliver all Amazon packages the USPS receives on sundays, holidays included. (also helps a LOT on the day after a holiday for the regular carrier...)

During December the USPS also delivers *any* larger package we have on sundays as well, not just Amazon.

They might delay because they feel like they haven't been advertising it as much
I hope not. Competition is bad enough. All advertising can do at this point is make it sell out in 3 minutes instead of 4. PS4 version will take more time to move but vita version will be gone.

The post office really is the worst in regards to all things "job/work" performance related. I swear to God, they are the first ones in line to take a day off for anything, but when it comes to taking pride in their jobs, or doing it well, their like "what's that?" LOL
I've rarely had any issues with our post office. They do a solid good job here and they are all typically pretty easy going people.

I think they take the exact same holiday's that pretty much every government office and school takes. That is the actual regular standalone Post Offices with the actual sorting room and regular post office boxes. I have seen the USPS kiosk style places in drug stores and stuff and those seem to be run by the store itself and have their own hours.

I've had that same thing happen. My office where I spend most of my day is about 3 feet from my door as well, and I've had packages show they came while I was sitting there, and NOTHING.

Yeah, in that situation, it more than likely went to the wrong address. I've also had situations where they put the package on the wrong route, and instead of labeling it as "miss delivered", they mark it as "delivered" and it will come the next day.

Unfortunately one of the issues you are going to start seeing with the USPS more and more are all the old school folks getting forced out/retiring on their own. We have had the same commercial pick up driver the entire time I have worked here(6+years) and he is awesome. Every time he goes out on vacation we get the newer drivers who are total jagoffs and can't be bothered to bring by APCs or BMUs to save their life.

Normal routes are seeing the same thing, it's really a shitty situation all the way around. If the USPS ever goes under everyone will end up suffering massively in the process.

Just a notice for Zero Time Dilemma preorders. @aksys_danny has announced that the watches are shipped to Amazon and GameStop.

I just got a call from my in store preorder that the watch has arrived. So people should be getting theirs soon!

Yeah people take the US postal service for granted and have no idea.
I've worked at the post office, and in 20+ years, thay haven't made any real improvements to the positive. In the same way they loose billions annually, due to government involvement in relationship to their pensions, it's the same reason they aren't going anywhere no matter how poorly it's run.

Until the government lets them sink or swim on their own, which can't happen at this point due to their past involvements, the postal business in general will continue to be ran poorly(the same as most state and government ran businesses), and we'll get what we get in the end, but if USPS was a normal business, it would have gone under decades ago due to the way it's ran.

I'd be the first one to say I would miss it in regards to cheap mailing options, but that doesn't excuse the bottom line of the staff they have working and holding their hands out on a regular basis for "more", but really not providing a great service that warrants more money.

Yeah people take the US postal service for granted and have no idea.
As someone that worked in the postal service for a brief time, I say KILL 'EM ALL!(the postal workers that is)

68948b86a631398251f58e9cdbc3c3a2d9cf6550321f5ae93cdd4a12a266cff4.jpg

I also had a mobile notice from Amazon that a package was delivered on Monday and I was home all day and didn't receive anything.
Last time I have the same issue. Received text message said it's delivered but no door ring or package at front door. I even checked my front door security cam. I emailed them (or called them, forgot) and they said they would refund me. While refund was being processed (and actually got it), I went to check the back door cam recording, and saw someone without uniform dropped a package.

I'm not sure if I appreciated that as I guess they're not supposed to go into my driveway, partially patio to drop a package, and I also have door bell at back door but he didn't press. My front pouch is deep into my front yard and have enough things to cover it up if they want. Anyway, I emailed them what had happened and I still got the refund.

I think they have their own delivery men as I've been seeing Amazon Prime van around on Sunday.

I'd be the first one to say I would miss it in regards to cheap mailing options, but that doesn't excuse the bottom line of the staff they have working and holding their hands out on a regular basis for "more", but really not providing a great service that warrants more money.
Might be true a couple years ago, I wouldn't say it's "cheap mailing options" now. The priority mail cost went up like crazy. First class is ok, but anything over 1lb needs to be mailed by Priority. So anything over 1lb I now mail by FedEx SmartPost which is much cheaper for anything a little heavier and in fact will be delivered by USPS at destination.

Well i got my ZTD watch in the mail today.  

Apparently according to Aksys_danny "the outside looks scratched. The grey marks on the watch are a pad print to make the face look worn, that's intentional."

Im kinda disappointed by the look honestly.  But free is free.  And i missed out on getting the first 2 watches anyway.  

Anyone know what the freebie bonus was we were supposed to get to make this right if ordered from GS? Amazon gave $10 credits

Anyone know what the freebie bonus was we were supposed to get to make this right if ordered from GS? Amazon gave $10 credits
Aksys offered a digital artbook as a "bonus", the same one that people got for buying the Steam version within the week of release. I'd have been happier with no "bonus" tbh.

Gamestop didn't offer anything unique to them afaik, so you should have the watch and digital artbook code. Not sure if the codes have been sent out though, I'm guessing not.

bread's done
Back