PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, after waiting several months, I finally got my ZTD watch from GS today. It's actually really nice, and will fit well along side the other two bonus watches from the first 2 games.

Now let's see if Amazon ever comes through?
you make me salty.. GS canceled my order for no reason and "cant find it" in their system... same w/ some other order i tried to close thats been open for 2 years...

Well, after waiting several months, I finally got my ZTD watch from GS today. It's actually really nice, and will fit well along side the other two bonus watches from the first 2 games.

Now let's see if Amazon ever comes through?
I bought the watch edition for both platforms from Amazon a year ago along with many others, I did get the $10(x2) credit, I am tempted to contact Amazon, but I have a suspicion they will have no idea what is going on and it will be a huge waste of time.

you make me salty.. GS canceled my order for no reason and "cant find it" in their system... same w/ some other order i tried to close thats been open for 2 years...
Yeah, my ordering with GS has been questionable at best over the years. I've had orders cancelled for God only knows what reasons, and then I've had issues with their online system, I've sent questions through email that have taken months to get replies(I'm not joking, MONTHS), and everything in-between.

My original GS order was for 2 Vita copies, and 2 3DS ones, as I try to do separate orders to insure I at least get one. At some point along the way, they said the 2 per system maximum was being lowered to one per system, per household. Then sometime after that, I got another message saying it would only be one watch per household, but of course, they sent the 3DS game which no longer was eligible for the watch, so that got returned ASAP.

Normally I cancel extra orders before shipping once I see who is more likely to deliver, but in this situation, I only cancelled one of my Amazon orders, but when this was all said and done, I guess I'm lucky I got the one I did. Boy, Askys really screwed the pooch on this one, no question.

Might be true a couple years ago, I wouldn't say it's "cheap mailing options" now. The priority mail cost went up like crazy. First class is ok, but anything over 1lb needs to be mailed by Priority. So anything over 1lb I now mail by FedEx SmartPost which is much cheaper for anything a little heavier and in fact will be delivered by USPS at destination.
Just saw this comment... Just to explain this a little.

The 1lb limitation is not set by the USPS, that would be the FAA.
Since the USPS does *not* own any planes, the USPS uses commercial airlines.
(required by law, Remember the USPS answers to Congress and *they* make the rules the USPS has to follow.. USPS can't manage themselves even though they are technically not paid with taxes anymore. Not since about 1980, it's a MYTH that current taxes pay for the USPS. Look up the 1970 Postal Reformation act.)
True that *some* tax money goes to the USPs, but look at what it's for... Reimbursements for military mail and the "Free matter for the Blind" are the biggest ones. ("Deadbeat parent letters" cost is rising as well. Nutshell: lawyers can legally get the USPS to provide current/new address etc. at any time for a parent that isn't paying child support or other reasons, which is done via mail for "free" both ways, and most times requires more than few minutes of time for each to verify.)

Anything shipped commercially requires some sort of verification, the FAA has decided that a bomb large enough to take down a plane would be over 1lb. You can't place stamps on a priority package, without bringing it into a post office. so in theory it would be "verified" as safe, cause if it is a bomb.. there would be a way to identify the person mailing it.

Now FedEx/UPS actually own their own planes. Less restrictions for them.
Smartpost/Surepost are shipped in FedEx/UPS planes and *then* dropped off at the local post office for USPS to deliver.
It's a win-win for everyone really.

Except that it generally takes a day longer to get to the consumer. Not always, but most times longer.

Graphics are worse and framerate is worst of the 3. To some this may not matter, but considering it plays similar to a Telltale game, the graphics/framerate matter to me. I've only played the Steam version though, so I don't have first hand experience with 3DS/Vita.
Graphics are a little worse, lower resolution and all. But honestly the game doesn't look that great anyway so it's not that big of an issue. In fact the smaller screen may distract you from how bad the animations are.

And yeah framerate isn't as good but it never becomes an issue since there's nothing that involves fast movement like Telltale's QTEs.

Sure it's the least powerful of the three, but the difference is so miniscule, I wouldn't say there's any reason to go for one over the other except for preference. Oh but the only thing is, I figure the vita's touch screen is more useful than the 3ds' when it comes to moving the camera around during puzzle sections. It was pretty annoying swiping along on the bottom screen to pan the camera slowly. I would say go portable for maximum comfy, but so much of the game is fmv, it'd be pretty nice to put it up on a big screen and sit back to watch it too.

Amazon is pretty fuck useless in all honesty. My GS watch shipped last week, so I'm sure Amazon has receive their qty, but when and what will happen with them is anyone's guess.

They haven't shipped anything, but they haven't relisted new watch bundles either, so I have no clue at this point.

Aksys was all but useless throughout this whole situation, and at this point, they are really the only ones who can get answers, but they have taking the "it's out of our hands attitude" from the start.

They have the retail relationship with Amazon, so they should be able to say if the watches arrived, they can also contact Amazon and say when are these bonuses going to ship for customers, but they seem to not care either way, as they received payment for the games, and at the end of the day, saying they will make this right was and is complete and utter BS!

If I don't hear back by the end of September, I'll be contacting Amazon to return my orders that arrived sans watches.

EDIT: On Amazon's product page(vita version), it states "this bundle contains two items(and they may ship separately)", so all of those orders should be marked within their system, but only time will tell.

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Time-Dilemma-Limited-Watch-Nintendo/dp/B0111IUMJ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473258048&sr=8-2&keywords=zero+time+dilemma+limited+watch+bonus+edition
All the watches will be trapped in the amazon warehouse never to see the light of day.

Search-Engine-as-Warehouse-Curator-Indiana-Jones.jpg

Just saw this comment... Just to explain this a little.

The 1lb limitation is not set by the USPS, that would be the FAA.
Since the USPS does *not* own any planes, the USPS uses commercial airlines.
(required by law, Remember the USPS answers to Congress and *they* make the rules the USPS has to follow.. USPS can't manage themselves even though they are technically not paid with taxes anymore. Not since about 1980, it's a MYTH that current taxes pay for the USPS. Look up the 1970 Postal Reformation act.)
True that *some* tax money goes to the USPs, but look at what it's for... Reimbursements for military mail and the "Free matter for the Blind" are the biggest ones. ("Deadbeat parent letters" cost is rising as well. Nutshell: lawyers can legally get the USPS to provide current/new address etc. at any time for a parent that isn't paying child support or other reasons, which is done via mail for "free" both ways, and most times requires more than few minutes of time for each to verify.)

Anything shipped commercially requires some sort of verification, the FAA has decided that a bomb large enough to take down a plane would be over 1lb. You can't place stamps on a priority package, without bringing it into a post office. so in theory it would be "verified" as safe, cause if it is a bomb.. there would be a way to identify the person mailing it.

Now FedEx/UPS actually own their own planes. Less restrictions for them.
Smartpost/Surepost are shipped in FedEx/UPS planes and *then* dropped off at the local post office for USPS to deliver.
It's a win-win for everyone really.

Except that it generally takes a day longer to get to the consumer. Not always, but most times longer.
It's okay, in a couple of years, Amazon will own the FAA, and they'll increase the weight restriction themselves.

Only problem is..  My order for something else from GS DID ship, but its still sitting on my account as an Open order and when I PM'ed em about it, they somehow cancel my ZTD order, and then say "cant find this other open order you speak of".

I bought the ZTD off someone else but nooo clue if amazon will come through with the watch >_>

on another note... !!! Sega Hard.... must.. GET

Graphics are a little worse, lower resolution and all. But honestly the game doesn't look that great anyway so it's not that big of an issue. In fact the smaller screen may distract you from how bad the animations are.

And yeah framerate isn't as good but it never becomes an issue since there's nothing that involves fast movement like Telltale's QTEs.

Sure it's the least powerful of the three, but the difference is so miniscule, I wouldn't say there's any reason to go for one over the other except for preference. Oh but the only thing is, I figure the vita's touch screen is more useful than the 3ds' when it comes to moving the camera around during puzzle sections. It was pretty annoying swiping along on the bottom screen to pan the camera slowly. I would say go portable for maximum comfy, but so much of the game is fmv, it'd be pretty nice to put it up on a big screen and sit back to watch it too.
The steam version looks great and runs perfectly.. or well, great as it can be with the subpar animations. It's the best version period, and mouse controls are more convenient for the puzzles. But this is the vita thread, so it's hard to convince people to play that instead. Framerate makes a big difference to me, especially for a game that mostly focuses on FMVs, but yeah it's all down to preference.

FYI: outside of one slide showing recent Playstation titles released and maybe one name drop while talking about Playstation sales, nothing Vita related appeared for Sony Asia's regional press conference. The HongKong section just talked about how they had new distribution partners.

Amazon e-mails just went out with links to add the watch to your cart and check out for $0.00 if you bought the game.  Check your emails.

Got an email from AMZ with a link to order the watch seperately, free of charge. It showed five hundred but then discounted to zero.

It's "Unavailable"

Edit: Got it. Lol. They priced the watch at $500 and they give you $500 promotional credit to "buy" it.

Did anyone who should have received two watches from Amazon get two emails (or, alternatively, enough credit for two watches)? I only received enough credit for one (which, admittedly, was more than I ever thought would happen at the end of this saga).

They don't want to give you $1000 credit. :p
It's actually a $600 credit (at least mine was) if I go to the check out screen a 2nd time with another watch it takes $100 off my order. To the person who ordered 2 watch editions you might order 1, then try checking out a second time to see if it works that way.

Also be sure to download the bonus digital booklet quickly as the link is only valid till September 14th.

Did anyone who should have received two watches from Amazon get two emails (or, alternatively, enough credit for two watches)? I only received enough credit for one (which, admittedly, was more than I ever thought would happen at the end of this saga).
Not me. Just the one credit, despite buying both 3DS and Vita versions. Not particularly happy...

It's actually a $600 credit (at least mine was) if I go to the check out screen a 2nd time with another watch it takes $100 off my order. To the person who ordered 2 watch editions you might order 1, then try checking out a second time to see if it works that way.

Also be sure to download the bonus digital booklet quickly as the link is only valid till September 14th.
I never got a link for the digital bonus for this watch mishap. Where did you get it?

Yeah, I had 2 watches originally, and the system only allowed me to do one. I ordered that one and tried again with no success. I did go ahead and contact CS, as now their system should show the watch, and they should be able to add one manually to my order. 

So this email has only been for the Vita orders so far? That's funny, as the product page showed the Vita version as having 2 items in it(and both items may ship separate), while the 3DS one didn't show that info. I wonder if this is going to be another  fuck ing issue for 3DS orders?

What a complete amount of BS this has been uh? Always fun to sit back and enjoy the wild ride and watch the fireworks as they unfurl. LOL

I never got a link for the digital bonus for this watch mishap. Where did you get it?
It's in the same email that Amazon sent about getting the watch. The digital bonus link expires soon too, on the 14th.

Yeah, I had 2 watches originally, and the system only allowed me to do one. I ordered that one and tried again with no success. I did go ahead and contact CS, as now their system should show the watch, and they should be able to add one manually to my order.

So this email has only been for the Vita orders so far? That's funny, as the product page showed the Vita version as having 2 items in it(and both items may ship separate), while the 3DS one didn't show that info. I wonder if this is going to be another fuck ing issue for 3DS orders?

What a complete amount of BS this has been uh? Always fun to sit back and enjoy the wild ride and watch the fireworks as they unfurl. LOL
A lot of people only got 1 watch, but some people got two emails for two watches. Seems like a lot of disorganization.

So this email has only been for the Vita orders so far? That's funny, as the product page showed the Vita version as having 2 items in it(and both items may ship separate), while the 3DS one didn't show that info. I wonder if this is going to be another fuck ing issue for 3DS orders?

I got one email for each order, one 3DS, one Vita

Vita email came at 12:50 am. 3DS email came at 6am

If you are a prime member, use no rush shipping on the watch order to get  a $1 amazon digital credit. I can wait a little longer

Got my watch for my in-store preorder at GS yesterday. Funny thing is, I still don't have my game. When this delay first happened, I didn't grab the game b/c the store manager wasn't sure how to handle the missing bonus (corporate hadn't sent them any guidelines). Since it would've gone straight to my backlog, I said it was no problem and just waited it out.

Fast forward to yesterday, the watch is finally in but they didn't have any copies of the game. The guy ended up just giving me the watch for free and I told him I'd just grab the game at another store.

Well, I just heard back from Amazon, and of course their pointing the finger at Askys. They told me the promo email for the watch came from Askys, and they have no way to issue another.

But I ordered 2 from Amazon, not from Aksys?

Now I'm going to contact Aksys, does any one care to guess what they'll say? Boy, what a  fuck ing joke.

Anyone having an issue with other promotional credit being used when checking out? I still have that $10 for the audible promo and its being applied together with the $600 credit, yet I cant seem to find a way to remove it. 

Today Heart Machine announced that they have cancelled the Vita port of Hyper Light Drifter. This is super disappointing news because I was super looking forward to this release on Vita. This and the earlier announcement of the Moon Hunters Vita port being cancelled is just another real shitty blow to Vita support. It also makes me not inclined to support a game on Kickstarter that have a Vita stretch goal.

I really hope that these two games are still coming, Banner Saga and Salt and Sanctuary.

I am also super excited that Darkest Dungeon will be released on the 27th.

Support the VITA!

Well now with piracy about to become rampant on the vita, don't be shocked if a lot more companies cancel vita ports. The work probably isn't even worth it when games will just get stolen

That is really a shame about Hyper Light Drifter, that was where I was waiting to buy it.
Same here, but the lost sales I don' think matter in the end. Especially considering what the sales would have possibly been, so when developers make the call, it is what it is I guess.

It's not too surprising the multiplatform games have the Vita release cancelled. I think a lot of them just throw on PS Vita as a stretch goal without actually checking if the game would run.

The game Undead Darlings at one point (before they added a Vita tier in desperation) had a writeup about how the Vita's version of Unity was so old they would need to rebuild the game and remove features to make it work so it wasn't possible at the time. 

The developer's failing health and the game engine's incompatibility with the PS Vita was the cause for the cancellation. A port was out of the question when the game required it to be completely remade for the Vita, a thing the dev doesn't have time for at the moment.

The developer's failing health and the game engine's incompatibility with the PS Vita was the cause for the cancellation. A port was out of the question when the game required it to be completely remade for the Vita, a thing the dev doesn't have time for at the moment.
Well, he quickly brushes aside sending it another developer to port by just saying something to the effect of "I can't give it to someone else."

I mean, clearly he could subcontract with another developer to do the porting work but he doesn't want to spend the money/risk on doing so. Which is fine, but he should outright say so.

It's not too surprising the multiplatform games have the Vita release cancelled. I think a lot of them just throw on PS Vita as a stretch goal without actually checking if the game would run.

The game Undead Darlings at one point (before they added a Vita tier in desperation) had a writeup about how the Vita's version of Unity was so old they would need to rebuild the game and remove features to make it work so it wasn't possible at the time.
There was clearly a period of time where developers were trying to capitalize on the Vita's high attach rate and dedicated fans by just throwing a Vita stretch goal on their project with seemingly no regard for how much additional work it would take.

I mean, clearly he could subcontract with another developer to do the porting work but he doesn't want to spend the money/risk on doing so. Which is fine, but he should outright say so.
Handing something you're in the middle of developing over to someone else is hard to do for many reasons beyond just simply "money/risk."

Well, I just heard back from Amazon, and of course their pointing the finger at Askys. They told me the promo email for the watch came from Askys, and they have no way to issue another.

But I ordered 2 from Amazon, not from Aksys?

Now I'm going to contact Aksys, does any one care to guess what they'll say? Boy, what a fuck ing joke.
My copy hasn't even shipped yet ;_;

With people getting their emails for the watches as a separate order, makes me wish I actually got my game now. I hope I don't get screwed over for being patient.

At this point, I would think that anyone that still hasn't had the game itself ship should contact Aksys and tell them what is going on.  If anything, I would think that the game/watch combos would have been sent before they posted the watch listing.

Count me in the confused boat with ZTD. I ordered a copy for each system, got one $600 credit for the watch, which I ordered, still awaiting an initial email about the process, and wondering what will happen with the other watch.

I've seen several developers/designers cling to their work/IPs with an iron grip.  Sometimes it's due to pride, sometimes it's money, sometimes it's due to standings with other companies, etc..  That is their  creation, and they don't want to see somebody else doing anything with it (Inafune seems like a great example).  Though I see I was mistaken and assumed that we were talking about a project that he was still working on, it doesn't change the fact that he could just as easily be concerned about them mucking up his game as he would financial concerns.

The point I was trying to make was that you're angry at him for not saying that it was the one and only reason that you assume it is for, without having any actual proof that it is the case.  It would be like being angry at a stranger for not saying that they don't like your cooking, when they may have stomach issues that they don't want to talk to you about (or one of any number of reasons).

Perhaps I'm off base, and I apologize for that.  I didn't think "He might have other reasons" would be such a far out idea.

bread's done
Back