PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense Tweeg, but I fail to see how polictics play into Sony's localization strategies. Aside from Asian English, all I'm speculating is the Chinese revenue is very small from what I can tell, so the localization cost must be negligble for the whole operation to make sense. And refusing to release in NA must mean despite a sizable audience, the localization, in terms of perhaps publishing, distribution, rights exporting is simply much higher compared ro releasing in Hong Kong.

I do have a lot of strong opinions about the opinions westerners have against Asian countries, but not gonna open that can of worms on the gaming forum. Just gonna drop the fact that English education is a top priority for all Chinese education institutions and parents. English is, and always has been the official secondary language. Two decades ago mandatory English classes started at third grade, now I believe it starts at first grade with revamped textbooks every year, now incorporating many U.S. culture references. Most parents start enrolling their kids in bilingual preschools before elementary, the wealthier families opt for preschools with foreign teachers. Also, "Native English Mode" is the biggest selling point for children's toys for one-three year olds. To say that English is dying (or forced out) within their borders is absolute bull cause the situation there is the complete opposite, again, no offense Tweeg, you know that.
Interesting, was entirely unaware of that. Seems I have some very unreliable sources on the matter... and suddenly feeling as though there should be a R.O.D. reference coming around.

Somehow I've managed to miss that Sony has a Taiwan Branch.

I decided to cancel my free month of Prime last week before it renewed on Friday morning since I switched from a Month to a Year and it wouldn't let me switch it back. I wanted to switch it back to monthly as I think I'll mainly only need it for the Oct/Nov releases and Christmas shopping so might as well not pay for all the months I probably won't use it. A few games come out in a couple weeks anyway, so I figured also a few weeks of not paying would just help me extend that first month when I was ready to re-up and pay. So... Saturday, I decided to order a part for a cellphone and figured I'd just re-up to get the free shipping and oddly Amazon offered me a free-trial again. So now I'm in month 2 of free Prime. I'm not sure I'll try again for a 3rd month, but I'll still probably just cancel this if there are a few weeks between game releases I plan to get to extend my paid month by as much as possible.

Just saw this. I think it is interesting to see some of the inner workings of LRG: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/25/dont-worry-this-mini-documentary-on-limited-run-games-wont-sell-out/
Nice find. The most interesting bit to me is that while they are only ever doing one run of a game, the license holder isn't locked to it so they could go to another publisher and have another run done if they wanted.

Anyone here know where I can get a cheap Blue Aqua Vita? My current slim's right stick isn't working anymore. So I'd like to get a replacement.

Anyone here know where I can get a cheap Blue Aqua Vita? My current slim's right stick isn't working anymore. So I'd like to get a replacement.
Maybe your best bet is just buy a broken vita on ebay which had working analog sticks and just replace it yourself.

Maybe your best bet is just buy a broken vita on ebay which had working analog sticks and just replace it yourself.
Yeah, I was thinking of just opening it myself and replacing it. I just don't have the time at the moment and I'll be on a business trip next week, which is when I need it.

eBay, and they're not all that cheap. $200 new, a bit less used. GS doesn't have them anymore (new at least), sadly.
Yeah I see. I saw Amazon has them too with 2 Day. I was just hoping GS would have it so I can get it today. I guess not.

What do you guys use to list your Vita digital collection? Wanted to see if there are any PS+ Indie gems that I already own and may want to pick up after Ray Gigant but my download list with the stupid PS3 items, are getting impossible to navigate.

I recall there is a Github solution, but would like to confirmation from some of you here before I run a source that may need my PSN password (which I assume it does).

What do you guys use to list your Vita digital collection? Wanted to see if there are any PS+ Indie gems that I already own and may want to pick up after Ray Gigant but my download list with the stupid PS3 items, are getting impossible to navigate.

I recall there is a Github solution, but would like to confirmation from some of you here before I run a source that may need my PSN password (which I assume it does).
PSDLE is what I use. You log into the PS Store, click the button on the chrome bar, then you can sort all your lists nice and easily based on quite a bit of criteria.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/psdle/jdjhhapoddhnimgdemnpbfagndcnmhii

ok. kind of off topic but...

I'm debating getting Skullgirls or Blazblue CS. Played Skillgirls on my 360 and it took me while for me to kind of like it. I haven't been able to get a Blazblue demo. Does anyone have an opinion ?

Both are going to be hard to play just due to the vita having horrible controls when it comes to fighting games, its going to be tough.

That said, I personally would choose Skullgirls. Its the updated version that was released on Playstation 4 with all DLC included and voiced acted story mode. Its updated pretty regularly and is really fun.

Blazblue games are always released every year or so, I would assume its an outdated version of the game no one plays online anymore.

And I think Skullgirls has crossplay between sony platforms.

Darkest Dungeon plays great on Vita and looks stunning.
I just did two quests during my lunch break and really want to get back to playing more.

Everyone should support this game. Its amazing. I'm super happy to finally play it on Vita.

I just did two quests during my lunch break and really want to get back to playing more.

Everyone should support this game. Its amazing. I'm super happy to finally play it on Vita.
buy it for me and i play it :)

too bad there is no demo

I'm hesitant because I'm not a fan of games where (a) you create every character and (b) one small RNG screw-up can ruin hours of work.

ok. kind of off topic but...

I'm debating getting Skullgirls or Blazblue CS. Played Skillgirls on my 360 and it took me while for me to kind of like it. I haven't been able to get a Blazblue demo. Does anyone have an opinion ?
Ive played skullgirls on each version , id say the vita version is suprisngly good, just the only prob it has some loading time that take about max 20-25 seconds . Other than that its a good port imo.

Yea as everyone suggest, get a replacement stick should be easy to install since both sticks work the same so there is no way of messing up , just if you are gonna open it be careful of the bottom ribbon cable of the vitas back screen id start opening it from the sides and work you way up and open it that way and just disconnect the cable and you are good from there on. I derped and ripped mine the first vita i had lol.

I'm hesitant because I'm not a fan of games where (a) you create every character and (b) one small RNG screw-up can ruin hours of work.
You don't really create the characters in this game you recruit them to join your party. Then you take four with you on quests. Characters can die and when they do it is permanent but you can always just recruit more to your team or dismiss a character with afflictions. After two quests I already have 9 characters in my group, two have afflictions and I sent them to heal and rest and I will take two different ones on my next quest. The game also features a lot of town management and upgrading which I enjoy. It really has a lot of neat mechanics and I've been following the game for a while now. I sure it will be challenging but I'm looking forward to it.

Yea as everyone suggest, get a replacement stick should be easy to install since both sticks work the same so there is no way of messing up , just if you are gonna open it be careful of the bottom ribbon cable of the vitas back screen id start opening it from the sides and work you way up and open it that way and just disconnect the cable and you are good from there on. I derped and ripped mine the first vita i had lol.
Where can you get replacement sticks for slims? When I looked earlier this year, I found a bunch of OG Vita options, but no slim ones. Maybe they're out there now...

You don't really create the characters in this game you recruit them to join your party. Then you take four with you on quests. Characters can die and when they do it is permanent but you can always just recruit more to your team or dismiss a character with afflictions. After two quests I already have 9 characters in my group, two have afflictions and I sent them to heal and rest and I will take two different ones on my next quest. The game also features a lot of town management and upgrading which I enjoy. It really has a lot of neat mechanics and I've been following the game for a while now. I sure it will be challenging but I'm looking forward to it.
Is there a physical release in English or is download the only option?

Download-only, but I guess Limited Run Games could always offer their services...
That would be great and I would buy a Limited Run version of the game too but I couldn't wait that long.
I already know what October holds in store for us at Limited Run.

James Silva of Ska Studios accidentally said on Twitter recently said that once the vita version of Salt and Sanctuary is finished they will be working with Limited Run on a release of that game. I'm very much looking forward to that release.

https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/779501568529829888

Where can you get replacement sticks for slims? When I looked earlier this year, I found a bunch of OG Vita options, but no slim ones. Maybe they're out there now...

Is there a physical release in English or is download the only option?
Here you go bud , i bought one of these before for a replacement, only difference is it doesnt have rubber feel and its plastic thumbstick but it works 100% http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Left-Right-Analog-Joystick-Control-Stick-for-PS-Vita-2000-2001-Slim-/231915793256?hash=item35ff422b68:g:RfUAAOSw1DtXErqx You can also find some official used ones for the slim but they are a bit more pricey .

In other news, less than forty-four hours until the next LRG sale wrecks our wallets!
Tried the demo for one way heroics... wasn't fun at all IMO. Thomas Was Alone was pretty easy but a good experience but I don't need a physical copy. So it'll be really easy on my wallet since I'm not a flipper.

Tried the demo for one way heroics... wasn't fun at all IMO. Thomas Was Alone was pretty easy but a good experience but I don't need a physical copy. So it'll be really easy on my wallet since I'm not a flipper.
I concur on One Way Heroics. Played demo for like two hours and it felt so repetitive already. Seemed really...not sure how to put it....just not very fun and kind of unpolished.

I concur on One Way Heroics. Played demo for like two hours and it felt so repetitive already. Seemed really...not sure how to put it....just not very fun and kind of unpolished.
What confuses me is that it's supposedly gotten rave reviews on Steam. Or is that the original version?

Yeah I planned on getting One Way Heroics, then someone mentioned the Demo. Yeah.... no.

I buy the physical games I will *play* and LRG is no different. 

Thomas was Alone I have somehow on Steam (must have been some bundle?) and while it's fun, not going to rebuy to play again.

Waiting for the next announcement.

So I've started playing the Dragon Quest Builders demo on my vita and I have to say it's MUCH better than the screenshots lead me to believe. The screenshots looked terrible but in motion not so much.

I'm really thinking I might import this.

So I've started playing the Dragon Quest Builders demo on my vita and I have to say it's MUCH better than the screenshots lead me to believe. The screenshots looked terrible but in motion not so much.

I'm really thinking I might import this.
It's there an English physical release?

Does Iffy's online store ever restock their LE sets? I was trying to get around to ordering the "Superdimension Neptune VS. Sega Hard Girls Bundle" for the last few days, and this morning when I finally got the time it appears to be sold out. 

No place else sales their items either right? Oh well, $70 saved I guess.

Does Iffy's online store ever restock their LE sets? I was trying to get around to ordering the "Superdimension Neptune VS. Sega Hard Girls Bundle" for the last few days, and this morning when I finally got the time it appears to be sold out.

No place else sales their items either right? Oh well, $70 saved I guess.
They haven't ever restocked their LE sets to date. I think they did have a stand at one of the anime conventions a while back where they sold some of their leftovers.

bread's done
Back