PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
vitas tie profiles to the memory card and its 1 per card. You can sign in on to any psn no matter the system regon of origin if you can set one up and have a way to pay for purchases. Note that patches are region free but all dlc is region locked to their respective regions psns.

Personally I'd say a vita is worth getting if you can find one for sub 100$ (I paid 79 for mine) and find enough games you want to play on it. If playing on the go isn't an issue you'd be better off getting a vita tv since those pop up for around 20-40$ and you can use a ps3/4 controller on them. The biggest detractor is the memory cards cost more than the damn system does. expect to play 2$ per gb amount of the cards or more.

One major benefit would be to buy one through ebay handheld wise and get the square trade warranty on it in case anythings wrong and have them take care of it for ya.

Tales of hearts r and innocence r are on the vita though innocence r wasn't localized. Hearts r feels like a gradual step from vesperia minus the lack of larger spells and floating blah blah blah tidal wave/meteor storm rita.
Thanks! Sorry, but when u say vita tv, u mean playstation tv right? Playing on the go isnt a issue and the reason I was interested in the vita due to Tales of Hearts (game looks amazing) and Soul Sacrifice. I picked up some vita games during Target clearance. Here is what I got so far.

Rayman Legends

Lumines Electronic Symphony

Borderlands 2

Mortal Kombat

Freedom Wars

Assassin Creed 3 Liberation

Street fighter x Tekken

Soul Sacrifice

When I heard the Vita remote play with ps3, was so pumped,but sad that it didnt happen (Disc games)

Sucks that PSN DLC is locked. I got Castlevania MOF and Metal Gear Solid (from ps3 collection)

Later on found a metal gear solid 1 disc. Isnt all ps1 disc games can be played remote play?

I own a 3DS, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4, and gaming PC, and my Vita is easily my most-played system. If there are enough games that you enjoy, I think it's worth paying full price (though deals are frequent enough that having a bit of patience would probably be worth it). If you're an old-school JRPG fan, note that many of the old PS1 JRPGs (Legend of Dragoon, all the PS1 Final Fantasies, Suikoden, etc) are all playable on the Vita. And that's in addition to the PSP and Vita JRPGs, like Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel, Persona 3 and 4, something like six or seven Atelier games at this point, plus all of the DRPGs, if those are your cup of tea. The Vita is a great system for JRPG fans. If you're interested in branching out more, there are a number of excellent Visual Novels on the system, as well as some of fantastic indie games (Darkest Dungeon and Don't Starve are the two I personally play the most).

Yes, Remote Play lets you play anything that can play on the PS4, and in my experience, it works wonderfully. The Vita also supports that game streaming service (forgetting the name since I don't use it), if your internet can handle it.

As others have said, the biggest weakness is the memory card prices, though honestly, unless you're one of those people who feels like they MUST HAVE ALL GAMES INSTALLED ALL THE TIME, you can manage just fine with a 16 GB card. Either buy physical when you can, or be content with having maybe 2-5 major games plus a handful of smaller indies available at a time.
Sounds like me, but no ps4 as of yet. Got a xbox one and mostly use to watch netflix or cw. I notice PS4 and Xbox one games are going to pc too. There are some exclusives, but not much. Have u notice many HD remasters are coming out for both consoles? Im not against it, but would like to see some more games that are more exclusive to have reasons to enjoy the consoles. As for RPG, not that hardcore. I do like Fire Emblem and xenogears kinda of stuff. I do like the ds LUX PAIN even if it got a bad review. I think the vita was so ahead of the time and could have done great (shooters, fighting, already great RPG) Not sure why Sony left it. The one thing I notice is people are into graphics, but if there isnt any good gameplay/story, then whats the point?( Zelda LTTP still looks great for its age.) The memory card thing does kinda suck. So do u have to install the full game onto the memory card even if u got the game?

Sounds like me, but no ps4 as of yet. Got a xbox one and mostly use to watch netflix or cw. I notice PS4 and Xbox one games are going to pc too. There are some exclusives, but not much. Have u notice many HD remasters are coming out for both consoles? Im not against it, but would like to see some more games that are more exclusive to have reasons to enjoy the consoles. As for RPG, not that hardcore. I do like Fire Emblem and xenogears kinda of stuff. I do like the ds LUX PAIN even if it got a bad review. I think the vita was so ahead of the time and could have done great (shooters, fighting, already great RPG) Not sure why Sony left it. The one thing I notice is people are into graphics, but if there isnt any good gameplay/story, then whats the point?( Zelda LTTP still looks great for its age.) The memory card thing does kinda suck. So do u have to install the full game onto the memory card even if u got the game?
No, if you own the game physically, the memory card only holds your save data plus any game updates, so if you play entirely physical games, you could easily get away with a 4 GB memory card (though with the number of digital only games, I wouldn't recommend that).

Hm, looks like I can't redeem this God Eater 2 Rage Burst bonus DLC code, maybe because I have a NA PSN account and it may be for UK/EU.

God Eater 2 Rage Burst DLC for PS4 & Vita

Three costume packs based on characters from Sword Art Online, Tales of Zestiria, and Tokyo Ghoul!

Code expires 8/30/17 (may require a UK/EU PSN account)
Free to a good home. PM me if you have a UK/EU PSN account and you want it.

So I think I may have gotten really lucky unless there is something I don't know.

I found a copy of Ar nosurge Plus for vita used at Gamestop.

I had never seen the game before. So I grabbed it and started looking it up on my phone. I tried Gamestops site first and it was nowhere to be found. Then I tried Amazon and all I could find was a collectors version of it going for lots of money. Then I checked ebay and found that the game sells for $80+. So I was thinking ok is this some sort of gamestop exclusive reprint or something? But upon looking at the Used tag on it it was marked as the PS3 version of the game. So I happily bought it for $17.09 used.

So does anyone know for sure? did I get lucky on finding some sort of rare game Gamestop should not even have taken in? or is there something I don't know about the game?

So I think I may have gotten really lucky unless there is something I don't know.

I had never seen the game before. So I grabbed it and started looking it up on my phone. I tried Gamestops site first and it was nowhere to be found. Then I tried Amazon and all I could find was a collectors version of it going for lots of money. Then I checked ebay and found that the game sells for $80+. So I was thinking ok is this some sort of gamestop exclusive reprint or something? But upon looking at the Used tag on it it was marked as the PS3 version of the game. So I happily bought it for $17.09 used.

So does anyone know for sure? did I get lucky on finding some sort of rare game Gamestop should not even have taken in? or is there something I don't know about the game?
The only physical Vita version is the collector's edition. They're pretty rare, so the prices you saw on eBay are accurate. You hit the niche lottery there, haha.

It was a limited print.

At a random target, I found three PSTV (bundle with Lego movie game) on clearance for 70. Shouldn't these be a lot cheaper? Or was that only if you found it during a week with cartwheel discount?

At a random target, I found three PSTV (bundle with Lego movie game) on clearance for 70. Shouldn't these be a lot cheaper? Or was that only if you found it during a week with cartwheel discount?
They were $50 with cartwheel, $40 if you bought it on Target day. According to the Target clearance thread, they were starting to mark them down this past week. Hold out if you can.

Haven't started cg2 yet. First one is on sale though on the psn so kinda tempted to get it since I have playstation credit. That or danganrompa though I'm hoping that one goes lower during a black Friday psn sale

Yeah I got one with a 50% off coupon from Cartwheel recently. Sold the game and traded in the controller recently and ended up paying about $20 out of pocket for the PSTV and the 8 gig memory card.

It was... either $69.99 or $79.99 and sold out while still only on pre-order. A regular on the GameFAQs Vita board got berated for breaking up his box set and selling just the game for $49.99 and the collector's box contents for $9.99 all BIN on Ebay, to which he noted they were gone within a half-hour of listing. So yes, excellent find!

I havent had a chance to start playing this yet. I bought a sealed copy a couple months ago. Does this mean I should buy it digitally too and keep mine sealed up then?
Keep it sealed if it is considered to be rare. Plus its only $7.50 for the digital copy, so just buy that and play it digitally while holding on to a precious sealed copy.

So a couple of quick questions:

1. Dragon Quest builders is only physical as an import from Japan? Does anyone know if it has english voice/text? Play Asia indicates it does but I feel like it's been wrong in the past.

2. Considering getting Shiren, is it worth 30 bucks (assuming that's the discount from the Amazon lightning deal)

1. Dragon Quest builders is only physical as an import from Japan? Does anyone know if it has english voice/text? Play Asia indicates it does but I feel like it's been wrong in the past.

2. Considering getting Shiren, is it worth 30 bucks (assuming that's the discount from the Amazon lightning deal)
You might be too late to ask about Shiren, as it's already 100% claimed and the waitlist might be full. Then again, the "discounted" price was just the same as Prime members got up to 2 weeks after release ($31.99).

You might be too late to ask about Shiren, as it's already 100% claimed and the waitlist might be full. Then again, the "discounted" price was just the same as Prime members got up to 2 weeks after release ($31.99).
Or the same price at Best Buy with GCU. I guess a lot of people still don't have GCU as I can see no reason why the Amazon waitlist would be full already at that price other than people wouldn't buy it from BB with GCU.

1. Dragon Quest Builders also received an Asian release that is in English. This is different from the Japanese release. The Asian release is meant for English-speaking markets in Asia, like Hong Kong. Preorders were available from Play-Asia. Also available from Heavy-Arms. Not sure about voice overs (still waiting for it to arrive), but the text is in english.

1. Dragon Quest builders is only physical as an import from Japan? Does anyone know if it has english voice/text? Play Asia indicates it does but I feel like it's been wrong in the past
HeavyArm posted a pic of the final Asian-English release, and it looks to be fully English. On the back, it shows "Voice - English". I believe HA is still taking preorders for the next shipment in 2-4 weeks - not 100% sure on this however. Steve at HA usually responds to email or Twitter requests very quickly.

Unless there's voices later, I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders on PS4 for several hours now and it's all been text only similar to older DQ games.

It's a great game if you're a fan of the series. I wish I had just picked up the Vita version though because it's a game that is more suited to on the go playing. It sucks that it doesn't have a save transfer option but even so, I'm seriously considering picking up the Vita import as well.

I'm really starting to think they closed a Vita cartridge production line somewhere. Several places have delayed for manufacturing reasons recently.
iam8bit was forced to delay Rez Infinite due to PS4 game production demand being too high with Sony right now. So if PS4 stuff is also getting delayed, it's not a huge surprise Vita stuff would be as well. It's not just the carts, they do the entire packaging as well. So there is likely some crossover during assembly between vita and ps4 stuff. Even if the carts and labels get done on time, the packaging may delay things quite a bit.

iam8bit may have blamed production issues, but I doubt that's the reason it's late.  They delay just about everything they release.

The PS4 is selling millions of units of software every month worldwide.  They can manufacture as many games as they need to and 7,000 copes of Rez Infinite isn't going to put a strain on anything.

Found out by looking on eBay. Maybe the. Mint freshness? It's crazy. Wonder if anyone kept a sealed snes. Or need stadium
Yeah, there's always sealed systems out there, as some people buy them for collecting, or they get forgotten in garages and storage, or lost and later found or forgotten in warehouses. It just depends, but sealed is always wroth more than "opened".

Just wondering,what is the point about keeping stuff sealed?
More resale value for people who buy lots of games in the hopes one day they can sell them for a profit.

Me though, I buy games to play. I don't play the lottery with games. If I just save my extra money it builds interest and I make a profit later without having to buy hundreds of games hoping a couple will be valuable. It's the last 2 generations that really started this, much like the comic collectors they have it backwards. They throw money away praying they make some later and in the long run lose money plus time and energy.

I still have two brand new N64 systems sealed, both are translucent colors (one green, one orange or red). Plus 8 sealed Dreamcast systems, and 6 Saturns. Yes I collected consoles as well as games, but I'll be moving some of these out soon.

More resale value for people who buy lots of games in the hopes one day they can sell them for a profit.

Me though, I buy games to play. I don't play the lottery with games. If I just save my extra money it builds interest and I make a profit later without having to buy hundreds of games hoping a couple will be valuable. It's the last 2 generations that really started this, much like the comic collectors they have it backwards. They throw money away praying they make some later and in the long run lose money plus time and energy.
Yeah, thats why I was asking. Game should be played and enjoyed.Probably better off investing in the 401k or something.

I still have two brand new N64 systems sealed, both are translucent colors (one green, one orange or red). Plus 8 sealed Dreamcast systems, and 6 Saturns. Yes I collected consoles as well as games, but I'll be moving some of these out soon.
Damn. I never got into n64 console. When xbox came out Halo was it. 3 xbox 16 player split screen . Oh, those were the days brother.

Dreamcast was great, but ahead of its time. It's kinda like the vita. Sony should release firmware to let the vita remote play all ps3 disc base games like the ps4.

6 sealed saturns? Jesus. At least sell off the dupes.

Yeah, thats why I was asking. Game should be played and enjoyed.Probably better off investing in the 401k or something.
Thats why ppl buy 2. One to play, one for sealed collection.

When I started reading CAG it was during the PS2 days. Got me a huge backlog after I found cheap PS2 and GC games. I ended up didnt play most of them. Sometime around 2013, I sold many PS2 RPG games. Ended up a few hundreds of dollars and bought myself Galaxy S4 lol. Sold some other stuff later got myself a Wii U. I miss those Circuit City and TRU days where u get cheap $10 games.

i still have 3 super nintendo systems i wonder if worth anything if they still have boxes

bread's done
Back