PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Because nobody wants to play on those inferior platforms when Vita is an option.
tcFTq0t.gif

Yeah, if it's a .25 cent discount, it's a discount none the less. These threads crack me up, why guys just can't say thanks as you did and move on is mind boggling to me.

I even approve of the full retail cost games mentioned, that are hard to find or previously sold out. As I find those to be a "deal" as well, due to having to pay over retail to buy on the secondary market.

If the deal isn't enough, or to someone liking, just don't buy it. Why make tons of comments stating personal opinions, and how something isn't a deal?
I agree, I just thought $30 was MSRP for the game now and was honestly wondering if I had missed a lower price, $19.99 or under and I would be all over it.

Hah! Same situation here. Cheapest I've found so far have been at local pawn shops for $90. All I've seen so far have been working units, but all have also been fairly scratched up. Scratches aren't a deal breaker unless on the screen, and so far the five or six I've come across have had screen scratches, which is just shameful when screen protector film is so cheap. Keep an eye on Craigslist as well as some reasonable bundles do pop up from time to time, but they go quick.

This is what GameStop has been doing for years. Used game prices go up at minimum 20% late October so that the Black Friday sale seems like a better deal than it actually is. Prices start going lower again by February.

See above. GameStop/EB dominates the American and Canadian markets, so when they start jacking up their prices, so do the other resellers. It's artificial market inflation for the most part. The other part is so many of us, like yourself, are working on getting a complete release set for our region(s), and that is something that only the absolute most hardcore gamers use to even contemplate striving for, so that has created a slight increase in the demand for all of the titles, especially complete copies. Hence why this exists.: http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/index.html
screen protectors don't work for the vita on their own since every time you pull it in and out of a pocket it pulls off. And obviously not everyones got enough room as it is to put both the vita in a pocket let alone a case.

I agree, I just thought $30 was MSRP for the game now and was honestly wondering if I had missed a lower price, $19.99 or under and I would be all over it.
NISA Games take at minimum a year or longer to drop below $29.99, and even at that sometimes they don't. So $29.99 - 20% GCU (Gamer's Club Unlocked) discount + tax is actually not bad for it.

I went to my local Target today to pillage the ATM of some loot money and checked out the gaming section whilst in the building. Only game I could find on clearance was Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition for the PS4, literally every other marked section of the game displays where a game on clearance had once been was empty. And yes, I did ask if they were simply moved, but that was not the case, they were sold out. Mighty Number 9 for WiiU dumped at a whopping $8.98.

Absolutely nothing Vita to be seen anywhere, and very interestingly no sign of PS4VR anywhere either. Only reason I bring this up was one LRG Josh Tweeted out yesterday that he'd just been to his local Target up there in North Carolina and they had the PS Vita (2000 series) systems in the game case on clearance for $139.98.: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/789081942306197504

NISA Games take at minimum a year or longer to drop below $29.99, and even at that sometimes they don't. So $29.99 - 20% GCU (Gamer's Club Unlocked) discount + tax is actually not bad for it.

I went to my local Target today to pillage the ATM of some loot money and checked out the gaming section whilst in the building. Only game I could find on clearance was Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition for the PS4, literally every other marked section of the game displays where a game on clearance had once been was empty. And yes, I did ask if they were simply moved, but that was not the case, they were sold out. Mighty Number 9 for WiiU dumped at a whopping $8.98.

Absolutely nothing Vita to be seen anywhere, and very interestingly no sign of PS4VR anywhere either. Only reason I bring this up was one LRG Josh Tweeted out yesterday that he'd just been to his local Target up there in North Carolina and they had the PS Vita (2000 series) systems in the game case on clearance for $139.98.:
This was mentioned in the Target clearance thread as well. All stores around me have dropped it to $140, but only a handful available.

Yeah, if it's a .25 cent discount, it's a discount none the less. These threads crack me up, why guys just can't say thanks as you did and move on is mind boggling to me.

I even approve of the full retail cost games mentioned, that are hard to find or previously sold out. As I find those to be a "deal" as well, due to having to pay over retail to buy on the secondary market.

If the deal isn't enough, or to someone liking, just don't buy it. Why make tons of comments stating personal opinions, and how something isn't a deal?
Probably because he made a post that said " GO GO GO" like it was something important instead of writing the name of the game and providing the link.

What is a fair price for a good condition vita?

Vita 1000

Vita 2000 slim
For me it would depend on if it's firmware 3.60 or earlier due to certain... things. $80-$100 is generally where I see used Vitas. Not a terrible price for 'em. It's getting a 32gb or 64gb memory card that's gonna hurt.

Anyone else that has rewards points on bestbuy having them not show up at checkout?

Noticed they have a new checkout but none of my stuff is showing when I went to buy stranger of sword city

Anyone else that has rewards points on bestbuy having them not show up at checkout?

Noticed they have a new checkout but none of my stuff is showing when I went to buy stranger of sword city
Corporate rolled out a completely new POS (take that to mean whatever you feel like) early this week and it is having all sorts of issues. You will need to call the support number to get assistance with placing your order.

Was at target yesterday and all I saw were ps tv Jurassic bundles. Wish I saw vita games on clearance but I don't think I have seen vita games in targets around me for more than a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it would depend on if it's firmware 3.60 or earlier due to certain... things. $80-$100 is generally where I see used Vitas. Not a terrible price for 'em. It's getting a 32gb or 64gb memory card that's gonna hurt.
Why 3.60 or earlier? So look for either vita 1000 or 2000 model with 3.60 or earlier and $80- $100 is what the fair market for one?

If you guys are checking brickseek for those discounted Vitas, I noticed that one store had them for $99
There was one Chicagoland location that showed $99.98 on Brickseek though it showed out of stock, but after my experience yesterday, I'm not trusting Brickseek's pricing.

So in addition to the Limited Edition of Yomawari: Night Alone, Best Buy is also selling a standard edition.

Limited Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006

Standard Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-ps-vita/5578897.p?skuId=5578897.

Does anyone know if the cartridges will be the same for both editions? Because the Best Buy website makes it look like the Limited Edition contains Yomawari with the htolQ: Firefly Diary on one cartridge, but the standard edition looks like it's only Yomawari: Night Alone. 

Thanks.

So in addition to the Limited Edition of Yomawari: Night Alone, Best Buy is also selling a standard edition.

Limited Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006

Standard Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-ps-vita/5578897.p?skuId=5578897.

Does anyone know if the cartridges will be the same for both editions? Because the Best Buy website makes it look like the Limited Edition contains Yomawari with the htolQ: Firefly Diary on one cartridge, but the standard edition looks like it's only Yomawari: Night Alone.

Thanks.
Is the Limited Edition already Sold Out? I ordered a copy the other day.

Limited Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006

Standard Edition: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-ps-vita/5578897.p?skuId=5578897.

Thanks.
Unless Best Buy is getting different versions, the standard should also come with Firefly Diary as mentioned on Amazon's page: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01FWKKVVK/

Do Vitas even exist at Target anymore? I'm in SoCal and would get one if I could just find it retail.
It's like anything Vita related, YMMV. When Target had that huge Vita clearance awhile back, some guys had almost every game in their cities. I had some decent titles locally, but no where near as many as some others.

Thanks for the heads up Tweeg. I'll definitely hop on if they add a physical game tier, otherwise it's a hard pass for me.
Yeah, same here. I applaud doing an exclusive Vita title, but if you no anything about that audience, you know physical is key.

When I see digital anything(art books, soundtrack, game, etc.), I head in the other direction.

It's gotta be at least $40, last one was $30 and this one's got double covers, and a couple thousand-of-a-kind feelies. I'm glad LRG picked up so much traction since this time last year. 

So I pre-ordered DQ:B from heavyarm and it still hasn't arrived. The last update I can find was from the 14th and it says it was sent out to New York from Malaysia. Is this a normal wait time?

Also, my World of Final Fantasy has shipped and will be here tomorrow. Pretty hyped about that. The demo was tedious at first but if you go to config. at the main menu and switch to classic menu and speed up the battles the game becomes more enjoyable. I wish I had caught Ifreet though! She died before I could.

Does this look interesting because of your love of pso?
Granted I am partial to virtually anything reminiscent of PSO, but I also like sci-fi themed games and this lady has good taste in sci-fi art. That said the least interesting aspect of her game to me was the character models which look like something ripped from one of the newer Star Fox titles and given a slight Buck O'Hare-esque makeover.

That all aside it's planned for digital-only, and right now with LRG having great qame announcement as they are today with more promised coming throughout the rest of this week, well I think we know where my money is going to be spent.

In other news. Just a bit over thirteen hours remain to vote for your favorite R1 Vita physical release of 1st quarter 2012 over on GameFAQs.: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74454675

So I pre-ordered DQ:B from heavyarm and it still hasn't arrived. The last update I can find was from the 14th and it says it was sent out to New York from Malaysia. Is this a normal wait time?

Also, my World of Final Fantasy has shipped and will be here tomorrow. Pretty hyped about that. The demo was tedious at first but if you go to config. at the main menu and switch to classic menu and speed up the battles the game becomes more enjoyable. I wish I had caught Ifreet though! She died before I could.
That might be the only update you get. That is the package going to customs. It will get stuck there for a bit then it will be shipped to your address. You won't get any tracking for that part. If you call customs with that tracking number you have, they can tell you if it is still there or on its way.

When I get a package from heavyarm, I need to sign for it. If I am not here then it sits at the local post office. The first package I got from them had this happen. They were SUPPOSE to put a note on my door telling me to go pick it up and they never did. Luckily I called customs in the nick of time to find out to check my post office, and it was there. I had about 3 days left til it got shipped back lol.

That might be the only update you get. That is the package going to customs. It will get stuck there for a bit then it will be shipped to your address. You won't get any tracking for that part. If you call customs with that tracking number you have, they can tell you if it is still there or on its way.

When I get a package from heavyarm, I need to sign for it. If I am not here then it sits at the local post office. The first package I got from them had this happen. They were SUPPOSE to put a note on my door telling me to go pick it up and they never did. Luckily I called customs in the nick of time to find out to check my post office, and it was there. I had about 3 days left til it got shipped back lol.
Can confirm regarding the customs bit. That's the last update I get before it's actually delivered. Takes 1.5 - 2 weeks from the time they ship it for me to get it.

I've never had to sign for Heavy-Arm shipments, but I do get the cheap shipping if that matters at all. I found that odd because every other international shipment I've ever received I've had to sign for.

bread's done
Back