PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
That adds a lot of perspective. In that situation, I'd feel a little bad about it but would surely do the same thing. It sucks that so many people are into flipping that it makes getting these deals so terribly hard for people that just want one or want an extra as backup.

Not that Target was a big Vita supplier in the last year... but it is kind of a sad day to see a retailer liquidating the systems. It makes it seem like the game supply for Vita is next to go. I wonder how long we have until production of vita carts is over. Next year by this time it's possible the only option left for new handheld games will be the Switch.
UMDs have still been made as of this year. Vita will be fine.

As for the Vita's success/failure. That's entirely Sony's fault from day 1 and could've been prevented if not for their choices.

UMDs have still been made as of this year. Vita will be fine.
Everything I read said they officially stopped all production of UMDs in December 2014. What has been published since then? I believe the only reason they continued that long was the budget PSP E1000 which also was completely discontinued at the same time as UMDs. I'd imagine anything published after December 2014 on UMD was to use up any remaining production material.

Once production of the PSP was over, the UMD was over. Once the Vita has it's last hardware production run, it's likely the game publishing side will also shut down. We'll probably still get digital stuff, but it likely won't be profitable enough to keep actual production going other than to use up whatever supplies they have left.

That's just my thoughts. They could surprise everyone and start publishing first party games for the Vita again. They could bring out a Vita 3000 with an MicroSD slot. There are a lot of directions they could go, but I don't think the Vita market proved to be anything more than a very niche market which will make it hard to keep pushing it forward. The main great thing that could help the Vita in the coming year is the launch of the system in China last year. IF the market there keeps the hardware selling, then physical software production will likely continue.

Before I put this in a trade thread here or anywhere else, if any of you are interested in a new sealed English language version of DQB for Vita I'm selling mine for $38 shipped. Decided I'm going to start downsizing some different collections, thought I'd offer it up if anyone is interested. PM me if so.
PM Sent

Feels like deja vu with the UMD production discussion that we had like a month or two ago, ending with the same resolve. @_@

tumblr_m1nsxc3jUu1qdjfd8o1_400.gif

The main great thing that could help the Vita in the coming year is the launch of the system in China last year. IF the market there keeps the hardware selling, then physical software production will likely continue.
Don't think that will happen sadly. Chinese gamers has been relying on HK releases from the beginning. After its "official" launch in Mainland, the Mainland PSN is nothing but a wasteland. And games are taking months and months just to get ported from traditional Chinese (HK Release) to simplified Chinese (e.g. Trails in the Sky FC Evo).

It recently got a hardware sales "boost" due to piracy in their online retail market, but we all know how piracy affects them in the long run.

I'm perfectly happy with the games now and those coming in 2017. I will probably play/beat Vita games in three/four years or so and then involuntarily switch to the Switch.

Don't think that will happen sadly. Chinese gamers has been relying on HK releases from the beginning. After its "official" launch in Mainland, the Mainland PSN is nothing but a wasteland. And games are taking months and months just to get ported from traditional Chinese (HK Release) to simplified Chinese (e.g. Trials in the Sky FC Evo).

It recently got a hardware sales "boost" due to piracy in their online retail market, but we all know how piracy affects them in the long run.

I'm perfectly happy with the games now and those coming in 2017. I will probably play/beat Vita games in three/four years or so and then involuntarily switch to the Switch.
Sounds like in the end nintendo wins hahah i cant wait for the switch dreaming of a new MH, punchout, metroid, snes remix or n64 remix i could go on !![emoji41] [emoji23] [emoji33]

Tried to get a tempered glass protector on the 2000...but I couldnt get rid of all the dust even with the bathroom trick x.x

My OCD is super bad.

Guess I'll just live w/o one ;D (already have like 4 vitas anyways l o L)

Tried to get a tempered glass protector on the 2000...but I couldnt get rid of all the dust even with the bathroom trick x.x

My OCD is super bad.

Guess I'll just live w/o one ;D (already have like 4 vitas anyways l o L)
I'm also super OCD about screen protectors and am not looking forward to putting one on my Vita and 3DS.. sigh. Will probably be an hour long affair at a minimum.

I'm also super OCD about screen protectors and am not looking forward to putting one on my Vita and 3DS.. sigh. Will probably be an hour long affair at a minimum.
Took me 35 min...every time I tried to get it on...I saw dust. Gave up. I keep telling myself it's just a dam item...I can't take it with me when I die so who cares if it get damaged.

Really don't want dust under the Protector haha

EDIT: Tried again....got one on...but it's not the full screen size for some damn reason AND there is random crap on the backside like sticky stuff that shows when the screen is white and when it's off....hmmm

Whatever...guess we will leave it on, it wont hurt it.

Has anyone bought/used the HORI L2/R2+L3R3 trigger grip yet? I typically like to read reviews before I import something, but since it was the same price as an older model, I decided to pick the new one up. The few videos I watched seemed like it would be really comfortable and effective.

I bought the updated PSV Vault case from amazon....and my vita doesnt even fit (well it does but you literally have to crush the thing in there with a ton of force)

Has anyone bought/used the HORI L2/R2+L3R3 trigger grip yet? I typically like to read reviews before I import something, but since it was the same price as an older model, I decided to pick the new one up. The few videos I watched seemed like it would be really comfortable and effective.
I have it. It's really comfortable and the 4 triggers work great. My only complaint is that Sony won't let you re-map buttons with remote play so some games use the front touchscreen for L2/R2 & L3/R3. For those games, the Hori grip is pretty much worthless.

The build quality feels sturdier than the Joetsu L2/R2 grip though I haven't accidentally drop tested it yet. My Joetsu one has a broken tab on it so it doesn't hold the Vita snug anymore. The Hori one uses a hinged clamp on the top so there's less stress on the grip.

I have it. It's really comfortable and the 4 triggers work great. My only complaint is that Sony won't let you re-map buttons with remote play so some games use the front touchscreen for L2/R2 & L3/R3. For those games, the Hori grip is pretty much worthless.
The build quality feels sturdier than the Joetsu L2/R2 grip though I haven't accidentally drop tested it yet. My Joetsu one has a broken tab on it so it doesn't hold the Vita snug anymore. The Hori one uses a hinged clamp on the top so there's less stress on the grip.
Thanks for the feedback! That's what i was hoping to hear. I really liked the hinged clamp so it'll be easier to take off if I need. This will be the first time I use a grip, but I started remote playing more frequently and figured it would help out a ton.

Best R1 Physical Game of 2014 - 1st Quarter (Poll #12) - Now up and running. This one is going to be hotly contested!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74573023

That adds a lot of perspective. In that situation, I'd feel a little bad about it but would surely do the same thing. It sucks that so many people are into flipping that it makes getting these deals so terribly hard for people that just want one or want an extra as backup.

Not that Target was a big Vita supplier in the last year... but it is kind of a sad day to see a retailer liquidating the systems. It makes it seem like the game supply for Vita is next to go. I wonder how long we have until production of vita carts is over. Next year by this time it's possible the only option left for new handheld games will be the Switch.
Vita will still be here this time next year, of that I feel absolutely certain.

It's a guess. I feel the Vita will get sidelined next year....and same with the 3DS stuff...though Monster Hunter will keep it going a bit longer. We have to enjoy it, but yeah honestly things look slightly halting in general. Will wait and see and hopefully something other than dungeon crawlers come out for the Vita. I like that genre but it does get old and a lot of games recently have been dungeon crawlers.
3DS Will unquestionably be "sidelined" next year. Nintendo must do an all or nothing push for Switch converts or else they are doomed. Vita on the other hand is already "sidelined" as far as SCEA and SCEEU are concerned, it's Sony Asia and SCEJ that recognize the Vita as the power hours that it is. I think that the few niche publishers who are still supporting the Vita are quite pleased with the sales figures they're seeing... except perhaps for Iffy with Trillion and MeiQ sales.

The problem is, Nintendo has been the only company making really great money with handheld systems. So many have tried to build off of Nintendo's success in this sector and failed. Couple this with Nintendo doubling down and this also being a console will make anyone second guess trying to compete since they have their own Consoles that they wouldn't want to directly compete against themselves. It's kind of a brilliant move on Nintendo's part.
Problem I see is that Nintendo has alienated so many developers and consumers with the Wii U fiasco. And alienated consumers with the 2DS/3DS versus "New 3DS" insanity. 2DS Perhaps not so much as anyone buying one of those should be fully aware of what they're getting into with one. But those of us who bought into the original 3DS found ourselves feeling more than a bit like we had been used as beta testers for an unfinished product. So the real question is can Nintendo win back consumers who don't care two rips about their first party titles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA possibly 2017)
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (December)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (December)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA possibly 2017)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/13)
Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark: Ultimate Edition (11/25)
Steins;Gate 0 (11/29)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA possibly 2017)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Cladun Returns: This Is Sengoku! (2nd Quarter)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (January)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

Anyone have any opinions on Helldivers? Both editions are on sale on the PSN this week.
Helldivers is a fun game but it is way more suited for play on PS4.
I enjoyed the game much more on PS4 and deleted it from my vita after trying it a couple of times.

It is also a large game and takes up a lot of memory card space.

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/798950044166537216
Limited edition: $39.99
Standard: $19.99

So nisamerica just tweeted about a new game. Looks interesting.

I'm hoping one of those ??? is Coven Vita and maybe the Great Edo Blacksmith. I really wanted to play that one.
I would love another Vita game, but if all the remaining ones are PS4 titles, that's cool to, so then I don't have to worry about buying anything else, as I don't have a PS4.

Hey everyone, 

My launch Vita is finally giving up the ghost. She can barely carry a charge for 8 hours of sleep and 1 hour of gaming. I'm looking to replace it, but haven't seen any Vita system sales for BF or CM. Anyone know of any?

Hey everyone,

My launch Vita is finally giving up the ghost. She can barely carry a charge for 8 hours of sleep and 1 hour of gaming. I'm looking to replace it, but haven't seen any Vita system sales for BF or CM. Anyone know of any?
They're on clearance at Target for around $60 but i'm not sure how easy they are to get. Other than that...nope.

I got a vita at the start of this month at $130. Would they let me return it and buy it back at the cheaper $60 clearance?

Nope, I ordered two copies, they came sandwiched together in a blue bubble mailer with no extras.
Fangamer is notoriously inconsistent in their packaging. I have received bubbleopes and small boxes (sometimes so small they crush the product if any weight or impact hits them in transit) and there seems to be no real pattern to what products qualify for each.

Wow, I didn't even get all that extra stuff in my package either.

Wtf!
Yeah, I didn't get any either, but I've got like 50 of those little packs around my house(as I order from Fangamer on the regular), so it's not like I needed another, but it's the principle of it.

Those little gift packs also come with discount cards as well, did anybody get one? I actually used my last one for $5 off of my Shovel Knight order.

bread's done
Back