PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the preowned Vita games at my local GameStop last night and noticed that nothing was under $10. Has GS raised the prices on all their Vita games now?

I looked at the preowned Vita games at my local GameStop last night and noticed that nothing was under $10. Has GS raised the prices on all their Vita games now?
Most definitely. Back when the birthday coupon triple stacked and they had the $5 Kongregate coupons, I picked up most of my collection from them. Most games were under $14.99, except the new releases, Danganronpa, Disgaea, etc.

It seems almost all the Vita games have increased in price. Shinobido 2 and Supremacy MMA used to be $6.99; F1 2011 $9.99. The list goes on....

Most definitely. Back when the birthday coupon triple stacked and they had the $5 Kongregate coupons, I picked up most of my collection from them. Most games were under $14.99, except the new releases, Danganronpa, Disgaea, etc.

It seems almost all the Vita games have increased in price. Shinobido 2 and Supremacy MMA used to be $6.99; F1 2011 $9.99. The list goes on....
Yeah. It was weird. I was standing there thinking that $12.99 is way too much for Lego Batman. And it appeared that several of them had been converted from new to used which is a known price gouging tactic. I know that GameStop is thinking that because many of the games work on Vita and PSTV, they should raise the prices like they did on backwards compatible 360 games, but why raise prices on games for two systems that the majority of the gaming population doesn't own? I'm not crapping on the Vita or the PSTV, but it doesn't make any sense. Maybe prices will fall after the holidays.

GameStop did raise prices across the board for all systems going into the holidays, it's just what they do. The Vita game prices have been increasing over the last year. Some of them may drop after the holidays, but I doubt it.

There are a lot more people interested in Vita games than even a year ago. Outside of pawn shops, GameStop is the only B&M store to sell vita games. It becomes supply and demand.

GameStop did raise prices across the board for all systems going into the holidays, it's just what they do. The Vita game prices have been increasing over the last year. Some of them may drop after the holidays, but I doubt it.

There are a lot more people interested in Vita games than even a year ago. Outside of pawn shops, GameStop is the only B&M store to sell vita games. It becomes supply and demand.
The Vita has a strange "Sega Dreamcast" type fan following going for it that is keeping demand (and prices) up a bit higher than expected. It's probably also been helped by LRG and the continuous flow of physical Vita games coming from them. I think the system has quietly outlived everyone's expectations at this point.

The Vita has a strange "Sega Dreamcast" type fan following going for it that is keeping demand (and prices) up a bit higher than expected. It's probably also been helped by LRG and the continuous flow of physical Vita games coming from them. I think the system has quietly outlived everyone's expectations at this point.
Not to turn this into a debate, but I remember the Dreamcast's disappearance from retail. Seeing new systems going for $50 each. Games brand new for $10 or less. The Vita seems to be opposite of the Dreamcast with game and memory card prices going up. Other than Target and Walmart clearing out PSTV systems, the Vita systems are barely getting clearanced at all. It's just interesting how the Vita has maintained its value despite its disappearance at major retail. I was trying to find my stepdad a cheap game as a gift for the PSTV I bought him, but I might have to go to Amazon. He's not a collector or even a gamer, just a casual player who likes kitschy devices. The only factory sealed game I've seen lately is Terraria which is still full price at my local Walmart.

Nooooooo! GameStop started their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale today online! Already sold out of key titles I was after which have no local inventory! :cry:

Nooooooo! GameStop started their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale today online! Already sold out of key titles I was after which have no local inventory!
The B2G1 started yesterday for Pro members, so you're a day late anyways. ;P

Not to turn this into a debate, but I remember the Dreamcast's disappearance from retail. Seeing new systems going for $50 each. Games brand new for $10 or less. The Vita seems to be opposite of the Dreamcast with game and memory card prices going up. Other than Target and Walmart clearing out PSTV systems, the Vita systems are barely getting clearanced at all. It's just interesting how the Vita has maintained its value despite its disappearance at major retail. I was trying to find my stepdad a cheap game as a gift for the PSTV I bought him, but I might have to go to Amazon. He's not a collector or even a gamer, just a casual player who likes kitschy devices. The only factory sealed game I've seen lately is Terraria which is still full price at my local Walmart.
Yeah, I should have clarified. What I meant by that statement was that the Vita's fanfare feels similar to the Dreamcast in terms of people's affection for the system itself, not so much it's performance at retail. Both systems have gained a sort of "cult" fan following shortly after their dismissal from mainstream retail. The difference with the Vita in that sense is that it's managed to linger around with the indie games and Japanese support.

Well, to be fair to Dreamcast, there weren't all of this online capability to garner support, and coordinate projects for the system to help the system stay alive.  The system didn't have the kind of outreach as we do now.  I remember when the Dreamcast was on its way out, it was still basically just me, and a small group of my friends who even knew: 1) the system existed, 2) it was awesome.  Once it disappeared from retail, there was literally just word of mouth at that point for the most part for the people around you.  Maybe the occasional forum discussion on some site or another, but nowhere near the type of outreach we have now, nor the effort to make that outreach.  For the sake of my Vita though, I'm happy I live in this age. ^___^

Ya, mostly because of the power of social media & how integrated the Internet is into everything besides just desktops now is why vita is getting so much support compared to dreamcast in 2000.

The B2G1 started yesterday for Pro members, so you're a day late anyways. ;P
I'm rather ticked about it, I'm a Pro Rewards member and they didn't send me any notification about the sale starting early for members until after it had begun. The irony is I'm after one half-way common game title that never turns up complete at the local stores. I missed it when it went on clearance on GameStop.com, and it is presently around the $22 price point on Amazon.com, but was trying to squeeze the maximum value out of it. <shakes head> My felllow CAGs no doubt understand.

I'm rather ticked about it, I'm a Pro Rewards member and they didn't send me any notification about the sale starting early for members until after it had begun. The irony is I'm after one half-way common game title that never turns up complete at the local stores. I missed it when it went on clearance on GameStop.com, and it is presently around the $22 price point on Amazon.com, but was trying to squeeze the maximum value out of it. <shakes head> My felllow CAGs no doubt understand.
Corpse Party?

Realistically, do any of these games ever get that low?? I would imagine this only happens till the very end when stores are clearing their inventory and even then by that time they might not carry the game any longer
Not anymore....lowest is maybe around then $15ish mark which pretty much only IFFY games and maybe NISA games reach now. Around $25ish is usually my buy point if I really want a game....niche games and particularly Vita games just don't go down dramatically that often anymore.

I think I'm just spamming at this point, but really surprised no one has said anything yet on CAG.

Jet.com has 30% off anything, GMA30.

And their Vita selection is huge. And best yet, it stacks with sale prices. Odin's Sphere Vita is $30, with the coupon it'll be $20. Even Criminal Girls 2 is available, and 30% off is probably the best price I've seen for it yet.

I don't know much about Vita games and their prices, but these are good prices from what I've seen. At this point though I feel like I work for their advertising department or something...

Senran Kagura Estival LE is $30 on their site, so $20 in total. That's a good price right?

An Update from the Muv Luv Kickstarter regarding the Vita version.

Porting is about to begin.

The Collector's Box will use these images.

17514c6653ce988cbc56c5be614a81fa_original.png

a9bfc286b0f057a6455e3bc247bb714a_original.png

For the actual box art: Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited will use

b202db7ecc30d72ccda4cb199655bf6d_original.png

For Alternative, it will be 

55e139492231811a03a94d51ca122f66_original.png

I think I'm just spamming at this point, but really surprised no one has said anything yet on CAG.

Jet.com has 30% off anything, GMA30.

And their Vita selection is huge. And best yet, it stacks with sale prices. Odin's Sphere Vita is $30, with the coupon it'll be $20. Even Criminal Girls 2 is available, and 30% off is probably the best price I've seen for it yet.

I don't know much about Vita games and their prices, but these are good prices from what I've seen. At this point though I feel like I work for their advertising department or something...

Senran Kagura Estival LE is $30 on their site, so $20 in total. That's a good price right?
make sure you dont mess up or have to redo an order if you cancel the order you will NOT Be able to do another one even if you cancel

getting bummed out. no PS Vita is for sale near me, and within the last two months (before i started searching for one), they were selling locally for 70-100$ with games and memory cards incl. just gonna wait and hope something comes up soon :(

Everything I've seen so far looks like Danganronpa 1+2 Reloaded (standard edition) is just a straight port with no extras or enhancements. Is this true?

Heavy Arms posted images of what will probably be the only Dual Cart release ever
Chances that we'll get this one domestically digitally? They did it for the last Gundam game, so licensing shouldn't be an issue like SRW.

Really tempted to import it.

Well, I bought 6 Vita games at GS for our ride home.

2 for the son
2 for me.
and 2 that I thought both of us would like.

Mortal Kombat - It will be returned.  Ugh  Not a good fighting option...  (In my defense, my other option was DoA5...)
Dynasty Warriors...  Uh.. yea...  This is not the PS3 version I remember.
Persona 4...  and that was the end of him sharing.  I bought it for ME!!  And...  I am not going to get to play it.  ;-)  Glad he liked a game... and it took care of a 9 hour car trip.

Other 3 games... I can't even remember.  haha 

Chances that we'll get this one domestically digitally? They did it for the last Gundam game, so licensing shouldn't be an issue like SRW.

Really tempted to import it.
This will be getting an Asian English release. But it will likely be garbage like SRW:OG TMD

Well, I bought 6 Vita games at GS for our ride home.

2 for the son
2 for me.
and 2 that I thought both of us would like.

Mortal Kombat - It will be returned. Ugh Not a good fighting option... (In my defense, my other option was DoA5...)
Dynasty Warriors... Uh.. yea... This is not the PS3 version I remember.
Persona 4... and that was the end of him sharing. I bought it for ME!! And... I am not going to get to play it. ;-) Glad he liked a game... and it took care of a 9 hour car trip.

Other 3 games... I can't even remember. haha
Mortal Kombat on the Vita is an excellent game. I probably put 100 hours into that game with all the extra stuff they crammed into it. In my defense though, I have been an MK junkie since I played the first one in the arcade.

Best Vita Game - Poll #16 Now Running!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74633773

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (December)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (12/9)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/13)

- 2017 -
A Rose in the Twilight (2nd Quarter)
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (2nd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (January)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to pre-order!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing begins on November 21st, 2016. Vita Stretch Goal: $120,000
- $40.00 & Up + S&H (Once stretch goal is met.)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project
- Targeted Release Date: October 2017

Project is ONLY $6,311 away from being funded at time of this post! Vita stretch goal is the first stretch goal and has an excellent chance of being reached within the next twenty-four days! The project is getting lots of attention on Twitter, niche gaming websites, and VN gaming and Vita forums.

Vita_Physical_revised.png

bread's done
Back