PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt know "PS Mobile" was a thing. Was there anything noteworthy about it? Guess it wasn't that useful
Yeah, it had some really nice games. Most was just cheap mobile crap, but not all.

Rock Boshers DX, Rymdkapsel, Aqua Kitty, Tokyo Jungle Mobile, Bike Rider DX, Boot Hill Heroes, Chaos Rings, are some of the better and well received titles.

I always bought titles here and there when they where cheap(which most where anyway, as they where mobile games), but I also got in on other titles when they decided to shut down the service.

Used Game Price / TIV changes at Gamestop 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1105688172

Vita Game Price Drops

World of Final Fantasy  - $37.99 - $22.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed  - $19.99 -$17.99
Persona 4: Dancing All Night  - $19.99 - $17.99
Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart  - $19.99 -$17.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation - $21.99 - $17.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation  - $27.99 - $17.99

It doesn't need to be be physical vs digital, but physical and digital.I

Instead of complaining about one or the other, let's just appreciate that there is one and the other.

Can't we all just get along?

2w4zgn8.gif

Mmm im kinda tempted to go to my local GS and try to pick up Disney infinity. Honestly don't think I'll ever play it but $10 ain't bad for the complete set if any stores actually still have it complete
I'm glad you bring this up. If GS lists they have a "new" copy of Disney Infinity then it should be factory sealed, or at least every copy I have come across thus far in GS stores has been factory sealed, including the two I bought. Reason for this is the game does come i na box and was, like the other Disney Infinity starter sets, was always displayed either behind the sales counter or on a high shelf
in the Disney Infinity / Skylanders section of the store. If you do go to a store looking for a copy be sure to check the red cardboard clearance bins GS presently has out, as my local GS's have moved all of the Disney Infinity stuff to those bins, including the starter sets.

Sega clearly hates us.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Risky Beats (Limited Physical Edition) - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.amazon.c...uct/B018F6NSP4/
- Release Date: December 20th, 2016

So, the Risky Beats edition is Amazon exclusive? Or all of the first prints are like that (you know, come with the music CD)?
Negative. Sorry for the confusion on that. Risky Beats is the only edition being offered and is available from several retailer/e-tailers. XSeed claims the game release is a "limited edition", but I'm not sure if XSeed shares the same concept of "limited edition" as we ordinary people understand it to mean.

[On the topic of digital]
I honestly don't know how you guys manage your backlog if you often circle back to games you have already beaten. I am having a (very) hard time to get through my library when I never backtrack to finished games.
Just for the record, backlog is a backlog regardless of physical or digital. And right now, my physical game backlog is well over one thousand.games. But if I can just get myself a bunker built that runs on geo-thermal power I can lock myself a way for a few years and work on catching up... eventually. :p

Just got a email from BBY updating Fate to 1/17.

And they spelled my name wrong. This is a data field reference, how could this have happened?

I wish all these sales and price drops happened before I spent much of my disposable income at Rightstuf..

To top it off, I'm looking at a used phat system at a pawn shop for $50. Thinking of buying it to go legit with since I have HENkaku on my main system. Of course this is assuming it works and is in half decent shape.

Used Game Price / TIV changes at Gamestop
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1105688172

Vita Game Price Drops
World of Final Fantasy - $37.99 - $22.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed - $19.99 -$17.99
Persona 4: Dancing All Night - $19.99 - $17.99
Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart - $19.99 -$17.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation - $21.99 - $17.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation - $27.99 - $17.99
Why such a big drop on WoFF? It hasn't even been out for 2 months and it gets a 40% price drop? Too bad there isn't a GS within 100 miles with a used copy. On a similar note, I know ps4 looks better, but are there any meaningful differences between the two versions?

Why such a big drop on WoFF? It hasn't even been out for 2 months and it gets a 40% price drop? Too bad there isn't a GS within 100 miles with a used copy. On a similar note, I know ps4 looks better, but are there any meaningful differences between the two versions?
It's not a price drop per se, but it went down because the new price went on sale, so it dropped too.

New is only $24.99 right now, and Amazon matched it too, so you can go that route as well if you'd like.

Okay... Dilemma: I have the 20% off coupon and am picking up two games for my vita backlog (yes, only two) off of psn. Here are the three choices so far:
Ray Gigant
Steamworld Heist
Axiom Verge

My factors are price, supporting developers, and likelihood of PS+... I really liked Steamworld Dig, but it got a little repetitive and boring, and I wasn't a huge fan of Xcom (but I love Worms, humor, and Firefly). I enjoy Metroidvania games, but the price for Axiom is typically higher than I would go for digital... The price for Ray is pretty awesome and seems like a game I would play through to the end.
I would ask in others forums, but you are my people. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Okay... Dilemma: I have the 20% off coupon and am picking up two games for my vita backlog (yes, only two) off of psn. Here are the three choices so far:
Ray Gigant
Steamworld Heist
Axiom Verge

My factors are price, supporting developers, and likelihood of PS+... I really liked Steamworld Dig, but it got a little repetitive and boring, and I wasn't a huge fan of Xcom (but I love Worms, humor, and Firefly). I enjoy Metroidvania games, but the price for Axiom is typically higher than I would go for digital... The price for Ray is pretty awesome and seems like a game I would play through to the end.
I would ask in others forums, but you are my people. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Of those 3, I've only played Axiom, but it was a blast, and one of the better indie titles you'll ever play. Even though it took a year to release on the Vita, the guy who made it kept his word and delivered, something a lot of others don't do.

He also has a child with some serious medical issues, so to say he got this done, along with ports to the Wii U, says a lot as well, especially when your dealing with HUGE personal issues.

I paid full price just to say thank you, as it is one of the better Metroid style games around, and way better than anything "N" sorry asses has put out in ages.

So whats the best option for getting a Vita these days with 3.6 or less? Any new US/EU model I can find should do right? I like the orange but I read they have 3.61 in the newer shipments.

Got some good options from CAGs selling theirs but my family is asking what I want for Xmas so would rather spend their money :)

Of those 3, I've only played Axiom, but it was a blast, and one of the better indie titles you'll ever play. Even though it took a year to release on the Vita, the guy who made it kept his word and delivered, something a lot of others don't do.

He also has a child with some serious medical issues, so to say he got this done, along with ports to the Wii U, says a lot as well, especially when your dealing with HUGE personal issues.

I paid full price just to say thank you, as it is one of the better Metroid style games around, and way better than anything "N" sorry asses has put out in ages.
. Yeah, pretty sure you sold me with this.

So whats the best option for getting a Vita these days with 3.6 or less? Any new US/EU model I can find should do right? I like the orange but I read they have 3.61 in the newer shipments.

Got some good options from CAGs selling theirs but my family is asking what I want for Xmas so would rather spend their money :)
I'm interested in getting one. Who is selling it? Link? or Pm me?

more lame stencils :nottalking:
Exactly my thoughts. So many black or white Vita's with stenciling on the back. Don't get me wrong. I love that there are so many limited editions. I'd just love to see them put a little more care into them (Especially this one). Like the Metal Slime Edition that had the slime charm and the slime guy to replace the up arrow on the D-Pad, in addition to silver coloring and stenciling on the back. I would have loved to see a black/white/magenta color combo with some other custom features for DR3. Still good for someone that needs a new Vita, though.

We're all the new copies of Grand Kingdom converted at GS? The used price is $5 more than new, and new copies are no longer available in store or online.

We're all the new copies of Grand Kingdom converted at GS? The used price is $5 more than new, and new copies are no longer available in store or online.
Sounds like they were as that's usually what happens when they convert to used. The no new copies within 100 miles thing is usually a dead giveaway. Then if you look up used copies within 100 miles, there should be a ton of them.

tempted to dump mine back to amazon.. never played it yet got it back in july for like 16.... they are offereing like 21 for it ..

It's like an apple store but darker and moodier. I've only been to one. It's pretty comfy. Not many games though.

I regret paying $15 for it earlier this year.
There use to be a Sony store two counties over in a failed attempt at an outlet mall wayback in 2001 or 2002. Only Sony somehow leased a anchor store space there without knowing it was a "outlet" mall, which made no sense at all. It was completely weird to walk in there and encounter $800 VHS tape players, $2,000 DVD players, and generally full MSRP everything! Needless to say they shuttered when the lease ran out and there hasn't been a Sony Store anywhere abouts ever since.

If you are reading this you have missed out on ordering Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD from the initial offering batch at Limited Run Games. I got my order in and paid for and when I re-checked they were already sold down to a mere 147 copies remaining from batch one.

I have Stranger's Wrath digital thanks to the fantastic August Flash Sale where it was a $3.74.  I wasn't lucky enough to have PS+ back when it was free, but that was good enough for me.  Anyway, it's a good game... but I'm glad I already have it along with all of other games in the series on PSN.

I'm thinking my next LRG purchase will probably be Cosmic Star Heroine.  That game looks really good and I'm more keen to buy RPG's physical than other games.  I'd consider salt & sanctuary but it's supposed to be crossbuy on PSN and I'd rather get it that way as I'm sure my oldest son will want to play that on the PS4.

In case anyone was still looking for these:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/809767683000442880
thanks! i keep forgetting to follow up on ordering with heavy arms. planning to get Both Oreshika and Gundam breaker 3.

any suggestions for what else I should get to save on shipping since shipping is the same for approximately 5 games? thinking about Gundam GGG. would like 1 or 2 other suggestions.

The Walmart down the street from me finally pulled the last two copies of Terraria off the shelves. Now in my area, as far as Vita is concerned, it's GameStop or nothing.

Why not? You waiting for the physical release?
I refuse to upgrade the 4GB memory card my asscreed bundle came with because of the outrageous pricing on Vita memory. I only buy physical since the 4GB can store more game saves than it can full games, but since you can only play one game at a time, this isn't as inconvenient as it sounds. Most of the time.

I refuse to upgrade the 4GB memory card my asscreed bundle came with because of the outrageous pricing on Vita memory. I only buy physical since the 4GB can store more game saves than it can full games, but since you can only play one game at a time, this isn't as inconvenient as it sounds. Most of the time.
You're missing out on a ton of fantastic digital only games for the Vita. I have a 64gb card, nearly full, but with tons of games on it, ready to play any time. We'll worth the $85 I paid for it over a year ago.

I also have 2 32gb cards (one in a PSTV, one in a backup Vita), and one each of 16gb, 8gb, and 4gb. The 4gb card is virtually useless for digital games.

thanks! i keep forgetting to follow up on ordering with heavy arms. planning to get Both Oreshika and Gundam breaker 3.

any suggestions for what else I should get to save on shipping since shipping is the same for approximately 5 games? thinking about Gundam GGG. would like 1 or 2 other suggestions.
I need to place an order with them myself, but since it's the holidays, I've only been buying things that might not be around in a few weeks or months. That's what so great about HA, even when they sale out, I know the games will come back at some point, so it's not a 911 currently.

EDIT: And when they do have games that they may not be able to get anymore, they announce it before hand, so you can get in on their last qty's. These guys really are the best.

You're missing out on a ton of fantastic digital only games for the Vita. I have a 64gb card, nearly full, but with tons of games on it, ready to play any time. We'll worth the $85 I paid for it over a year ago.

I also have 2 32gb cards (one in a PSTV, one in a backup Vita), and one each of 16gb, 8gb, and 4gb. The 4gb card is virtually useless for digital games.
tbh I can only think of one download title I wanted to try and that was Monster Monpiece. Looking at the platform's strongest releases, I'm curious what titles you could be referring to.

Exist Archive is down to $17.85 on Amazon.  I guess I jumped too soon at the $19.99 mark.... but at least I have my copy and don't have to track it waiting for the drop to stop.  Not sure about everyone else but Amazon has been really hitting it out of the park on my orders.  The whole prime two day shipping has been completely accurate and predictable.  Everything so far that I have ordered has delivered without delay and the deals on stuff I wanted have been pretty great the last week.  My order last night for some extra computer parts for one of my kids appears to be on schedule for Sunday delivery.

Root Letter is down to $27.80 on Amazon. It's a limited deal that ends in 6 days.  I think I'll wait for it to go lower as it's supposed to be decent as a super lite version of Phoenix Wright, but a bit wooden and nonsensical as a VN.

Finished WoFF and wanted to do a run of a action game before I start another DRPG (MeiQ maybe?).

Played an hour of Hotline Miami, boy this game is brutal. Does it get nearly impossible towards the end like Super Meatboy (which I gave up on)?

Inconvenient was carrying around the briefcase sized Sega Game Gear travel bag. You have not been inconvenienced until you experience that. But yeah, I haven't "upgraded" from my 4GB card yet either, and I do have a 16GB card around here somewhere. Just haven't needed it since, like you, all my games are physical carts.

bread's done
Back