PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with the 64gb cards... I had one that I filled up to about 40 GB and it got corrupted. This was only after a month or two of use (I bought it brand new).

As a side note, does anyone now if formatting the card will fix the corruption issue? I formatted mine but haven't used it since.
I got mine from amazon earlier this year. No problems at all with it and I keep my system in sleep mode 99% of the time when I'm not using it and it's pretty much always been on the latest firmware. I think the problem was more prevalent in the Japanese release versus the Asia release cards, though I'm not 100% sure if that's actually true. Either way I bought the Asia version just in case.

I had the same thing happen to my 64gb card. I bought it new as well. The card suddenly wouldn't allow me to add any more games (was almost full), and when I checked the space remaining in Settings, the system didn't recognize the card. I did reformat the card, and it's been fine since.

However I now no longer leave the Vita in sleep mode and I rarely leave games suspended. I always just shut it down when not in use. I think this will help prevent a future failure, so far it's been working OK (that happened well over a year ago). There does seem to be an issue with the 64gb cards, I wish Sony would acknowledge that and replace these cards, or determine what is causing them to fail on occasion.
My system recognized the card, the problem was that the games would just randomly crash and exit out. It eventually got to the point where I couldn't even open most of the games on the card, even though their icons were still there and I could see them in the content manager. I'll give it another go today I guess, my 32 GB card fills up too quickly.

There is more than just anecdotal evidence on here that 64gb cards are a risky investment.  Many people on here have posted that their cards have gotten corrupted or failed. 

All of the "well my 64gb card is working fine" posts that always follow these posts are pretty pointless.  These cards obviously have a very large failure rate. 

man i want to do the buy 2 get 1 at gamestop, but im like 98% sure its gonna be coverless games.
I actually hit up two of the local GameSlops during this sale. Would gauge that less than half of the used Vita games in stock at each store was actually in a replacement case with GameSlop generic cover. Managed to find just one Vita game that I didn't already have a complete copy of during the sale, but paired that up with buying the only Wii game I cared to hunt down (Sakura Wars 5).

Obviously every local market is going to vary in regards to completion, but in general the three area stores I frequent the most tend to have a majority of complete (original case and cover art) Vita games. Interestingly two other of my area locations (mall store and one in a really wealthy part of the area) are the opposite and tend to have a majority of their used Vita games in replacement cases. My educated view on this, and you're all welcome to disagree, is that the gamers in the poor-mid level income parts of the area tend to take better care of their stuff (in general) so that when they do buy a game they can maintain asset liquidity in the game ensuring at some point they can get some monetary value back out of it from the venue of their choosing should they ever want or need to sell it. Whereas, (generalizing) the people in the wealthy parts of my area don't quite view the monetary aspect of something that was bought on a whim from their entertainment budget as being anything notable, with some even giving the impression that trading in their used games is a civic duty to help those less fortunate or some such non-sense.

I'm not out trying to disdain the wealthy or anything of that sort. As a long time video game collector I will attest though that, in my area at the least, these observations do apply but are merely generalizations to which exceptions have, will, and do exist.

Unless you're buying a ton of games and need them all installed, there's no need for a 64gb. That extra money could buy you another 2+ games. But it seems like I'm the only person on the site that thinks this way.
Well, you and me maybe. I have an 8GB card that is hardly filled up because I just do not download almost anything (though it seems I may have no choice with FFX-2). My collection is entirely physical. I despise digital.

Well, you and me maybe. I have an 8GB card that is hardly filled up because I just do not download almost anything (though it seems I may have no choice with FFX-2). My collection is entirely physical. I despise digital.
You're missing out on a ton of fantastic digital games by taking that approach. I'm a huge fan of physical games as well, but I still buy a lot of digital games across 5 recent platforms (Vita, PS3, 360, PS4, and XB1).

Bit on Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls at $23.39 (Prime exclusive price): https://www.amazon.com/Superdimension-Neptune-Sega-Hard-Girls-PlayStation/dp/B01DZSIUGY/

I still have not played a Hypderdimension game, but I have 1, 2, 3, Noire, Action Unleashed, Zombies, and now Sega Hard Girls in my Vita backlog ^^;
You need to fix that, now.

I played every entry except Sega Hard Girls. I just finished VII and I am kind of all Nep'd out at the moment, mostly because VII had a strict true ending requirement that locked me out of the true ending early on. Which was never the case for previous entries, I hate it when games do that.

You're missing out on a ton of fantastic digital games by taking that approach. I'm a huge fan of physical games as well, but I still buy a lot of digital games across 5 recent platforms (Vita, PS3, 360, PS4, and XB1).
Y'know I'm sure you're right, but still. Meh.

Anyone pick up LRG Lone Survivor today? The trailers didn't look very interesting so I passed, but it seemed to sell much quicker than the LRG releases I did want (Mystery Chronicles, Thomas was Alone, Octodad...)

Anyone pick up LRG Lone Survivor today? The trailers didn't look very interesting so I passed, but it seemed to sell much quicker than the LRG releases I did want (Mystery Chronicles, Thomas was Alone, Octodad...)
did you not manage to get octodad? or mystery or thomas?

Had to pick up Lone Survivor, going for a complete collection of LRG's Vita releases.

Same here. Have a 16GB card with a ton of space left. I only buy and play physical on all my consoles.

FINALLY!! I was able to add Star Wars Angry Birds to my collection.

lol, had one last cyber monday cert, no other games with artwork.
I've got to leave out of here and go use my last Cyber Monday Certificate this afternoon. Used the first one for a complete Disgaea 4, which I already own. Will attempt to locate a Shinovi Versus here in a bit, already own it as well, but as no stores in a forty-mile range have a game I actually need for my collection I may as well get stuff I can sell or trade for games I do need.

I found a copy of Mario Kart 7 at my parents shop for $2. I traded it in at GS for $24 and finally picked up Ys: Celceta CIB with $4.50 left over.

Finally snagged a CIB copy of Resistance Burning Skies yesterday after seeing them at Gamestop in the generic cases for the past several months. It worked out just in the nick of time, because the cyber Monday coupons were about to expire.  

Ended up using my two Cyber Monday coupons last week on games I already owned, but might be able to use as trading fodder for or towards games I don't already have, or don't have the cases for.  :p

Finally snagged a CIB copy of Resistance Burning Skies yesterday after seeing them at Gamestop in the generic cases for the past several months. It worked out just in the nick of time, because the cyber Monday coupons were about to expire.
Did you get an online pass?

That was the highly embarrassing commercial from a couple summers ago that clued me in Sega would never give us a English PSO2 release.

Anyone buy Dragon Quest Builders (HK) English edition that can recommend a good place to import?  (Heavy Arms and Video Games Plus both appear to be sold out).

Thanks for the link. I could have sworn they were also sold out. I have never bought anything from them before, but others have said they do not restock so I did not even try. Not feeling very CAG like at the moment but $48 shipped will not kill me. It would be interesting to know what the print run on some of these Asia English games are. I get that there are barriers to distribution, but how hard could it be to distribute these games to the rest of the world.

Thanks for the link. I could have sworn they were also sold out. I have never bought anything from them before, but others have said they do not restock so I did not even try. Not feeling very CAG like at the moment but $48 shipped will not kill me. It would be interesting to know what the print run on some of these Asia English games are. I get that there are barriers to distribution, but how hard could it be to distribute these games to the rest of the world.
They do restock from time to time, but often when they do, the restock goes rather fast(so most people think it never happens, but it does), as qty's are small. Or if the title is real popular, they may raise the rates as well if and when a restock happens.

Unless Heavy Arm states they can no longer get a game, they will restock titles. Sometimes within a few weeks, sometimes in a month or two, it just depends. They also announce when a title may or may not be coming back, so that way consumers know that their current inventory may be a last shot.

I need DQB and a few other recent Asia English titles, but I just haven't had the funds. So I'm watching HA Twitter announcements so I know if I need to grab any specific titles quick, if production has stopped.

Unless Heavy Arm states they can no longer get a game, they will restock titles. Sometimes within a few weeks, sometimes in a month or two, it just depends. They also announce when a title may or may not be coming back, so that way consumers know that their current inventory may be a last shot.
I really like the fact that H-A keeps us so well informed. I've jumped on a couple of games that he has said would receive no more reprints.

SD Gundam Genesis for the Vita has been on my want list for a good while, but because of Christmas, I couldn't budget for it. Steve at H-A has indicated that restocks might be few and far between, and that quantities would be quite limited compared to his usual restocks. I'm hoping I can snag that one before it runs dry, but it will be a couple weeks or more before I can try. Anyone who still wants/needs this one, keep a sharp eye out!

Publishers rarely ever state total production numbers for anything. As for distribution outside of the designated region nations, there are legal-licensing and contractual issues involved with this. We'll use Bamco (Bandai-Namco) for an example.

Bamco localizes (translates to English, Chinese, whatever) a popular anime-themed game originally developed and released in Japan. Said game contains voice acting and licensed music. Pending how the original contracts for the VAs (voice actors) and musicians were written Bamco legally must, in order to keep the voice acting and music in the game, create a new licensing contract with the VAs (Voice Actors) and the musicians allowing them to utilize their work in the game when released internationally. If either or both parties fail to negotiate a viable contract for this permissions then Bamco will have the added expense of not only translating the game's text, but may also have to cut out the recorded voice acting and licensed music. Cutting out the voice acting isn't usually a big deal since on screen text is regarded as acceptable by the majority of gamers, and if publisher/developer feels the need to do so may opt to have the voice acting re-recorded by native speakers of the language to which the game is being localized (typically English). Licensed music, if present, can be a much bigger issue as the licensed music is usually used in CG cut scenes, such as game opening and closing sequences which may additionally have voice acting mixed in.

Ultimately a lot of these decisions, especially concerning Vita titles, comes down to Sony. Sony is doing a great job of marketing the PS Vita in Japan (R2) and Southeast Asia (R3), which gives retailers, developers, and publishers market confidence in the system that the products they release stand a good shot at selling well and turning them a profit. In North America, Sony's "SCEA" (Sony Computer Entertainment America) division abandoned the PS Vita (just like they abandoned the PSP), destroying virtually all North American-based retailer, developer, and publisher confidence in the system. So most publisher's whom are still supporting the Vita with new releases in R1 are primarily Japanese-owned companies, who surely themselves must be questioning what sort of morons are running SCEA. The result though has been that while companies such as Bamco and Koei-Tecmo still release games digitally through PSN here in R1, we rarely see them muster up the confidence to do a physical release due to the entrapment of only having one national retail chain remaining that is willing to carry new releases in-store (GameStop).

Also, a lot of Heavy Arms restock items are "reprints", or at least that is what they state, but they seem to be the only company who ever gets any, so maybe they have the connections to get it done. I can't say 100% either way, but they have been getting a few titles for awhile now, that every place else has sold out ages ago and never got back in stock.

Also, a lot of Heavy Arms restock items are "reprints", or at least that is what they state, but they seem to be the only company who ever gets any, so maybe they have the connections to get it done. I can't say 100% either way, but they have been getting a few titles for awhile now, that every place else has sold out ages ago and never got back in stock.
Aren't they a pretty small store? I don't know if they'd have the resources to reprint games. It seems more likely it's leftover stock they found that for one reason or another hadn't yet made it to retailers.

Aren't they a pretty small store? I don't know if they'd have the resources to reprint games. It seems more likely it's leftover stock they found that for one reason or another hadn't yet made it to retailers.
I'm not saying they reprint them, but that they get "reprints". How or why, that is the unknown, but they have stated for some restocks, that they are "reprints".

Yes, they are a small shop, but they seem to sale a rather large qty of games worldwide, so that is why I said they may have the connections to get companies to reprint certain tittles, especially if they are getting a large qty done.

Like I said, they are the only place I ever see these "reprints", so something is happening outside of them "finding" stock in a corner some place.

Check around and see if you can get a coupon while you are at it. lot of people just give them away. Many people don't like using play asia these days and prefer vgplus and heavy arms to them since they offer better prices shipping and don't take forever and a day to send something. I imagine that's why play asia isn't selling out like they used to.

Why not get the whole special edition Vita console too? This seems legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-Console-DRAGON-QUEST-METAL-SLIME-Limitedq-/142233642943?hash=item211dc927bf:g:p6QAAOSwjDZYbGD1

Price is the same, too, so it's a win-win!
100000000000% true AUTHENTIC!!!!

I finished Shantae last night, and as my first entry into the series, I consider it a fantastic game. Difficulty was a little on the easy side once you max out your maximum health. The music, vibrant colors and characters are all very well done, and the game is simply fun to play, especially on the go.

bread's done
Back