PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a used copy of Muramasa at Gamestop and was thinking about grabbing it with a coupon I have.

Can anyone that owns it leave some impressions? I already own the Wii version, so I know what the gameplay is like but I was more interested in hearing if the game ran well (framerate, slowdown, etc) and what kind of added features or bonuses it had that the Wii version didn't have. Is it PSTV compatible without the hack?   

LikSang was great. It sucked when they got shut down. I used them for mainly dreamcast games back in the day. Also ncsx.com as I think it was overall a better deal to get Shenmue 2 (PAL Dreamcast) that way. I didn't use ncsx much but the few times I did I didn't mind even if they were a couple of bucks extra since the games were already in the country and would take little time to ship.
I was on a first name basis with NCS, back in the day, as I ordered with them almost weekly. I was actually using them before they added the X to their store. That was back in my import addiction days. So many Friday releases that I paid for Saturday delivery for, as I didn't want to wait. Boy, it was great being young and single back then. LOL

EDIT: I almost forgot, but I got most of my modded systems from them as well, as they offered many options for US/Japanese systems, along with great service. I still use them from time to time, but not so much anymore, as they don't offer many of the ASIA English releases, and that's mostly what I import now, but I did get my Vita Slim blue/white system from them a few years back.

I found a used copy of Muramasa at Gamestop and was thinking about grabbing it with a coupon I have.

Can anyone that owns it leave some impressions? I already own the Wii version, so I know what the gameplay is like but I was more interested in hearing if the game ran well (framerate, slowdown, etc) and what kind of added features or bonuses it had that the Wii version didn't have. Is it PSTV compatible without the hack?
The recent PSN sale on it was a better deal. Not a physical copy, but you could have gotten the game and all DLC for $10. The DLC is good and I don't think it's been on sale separately (could be wrong though).

The DLC is the reason I kept skipping deals on physical copies

I was on a first name basis with NCS, back in the day, as I ordered with them almost weekly. I was actually using them before they added the X to their store. That was back in my import addiction days. So many Friday releases that I paid for Saturday delivery for, as I didn't want to wait. Boy, it was great being young and single back then. LOL

EDIT: I almost forgot, but I got most of my modded systems from them as well, as they offered many options for US/Japanese systems, along with great service. I still use them from time to time, but not so much anymore, as they don't offer many of the ASIA English releases, and that's mostly what I import now, but I did get my Vita Slim blue/white system from them a few years back.
I had NCSX mod my Dreamcast with a region free chip around 2002 and it's probably the best decision I've made gaming wise. In case my DC ever craps out, hopefully they still provide these modding services. I've never ordered any games from them, because, at least nowadays, I can find better prices on eBay or Play-Asia (during a sale).

The recent PSN sale on it was a better deal. Not a physical copy, but you could have gotten the game and all DLC for $10. The DLC is good and I don't think it's been on sale separately (could be wrong though).

Ugh, thanks. I was just assuming that the physical version on the Vita was complete for some reason, I don't know why I was thinking that but if it isn't then I may hold off, despite my preference for physical versions of games.

I had NCSX mod my Dreamcast with a region free chip around 2002 and it's probably the best decision I've made gaming wise. In case my DC ever craps out, hopefully they still provide these modding services. I've never ordered any games from them, because, at least nowadays, I can find better prices on eBay or Play-Asia (during a sale).
I think they stopped modding ages ago, due to "N" and Sony having issues with piracy and what not. Even though their mods never allowed for that, it was still a "mod", and frowned upon by "the man".

Yeah, I got several modded systems from them over the years, but in later times, I started doing most of them myself.

Utararararara I cant even pronounce this game coming to America

Physical Release as well

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/18/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-and-mask-of-truth-confirmed-for-2017/
You mean this.:

utawarerumono_ann.jpeg

Glad it's getting a release in the US, so I won't have to pay an arm and a leg for the JP version.

Those prices were ridiculous when I was there.

Couldn't even find a cheaper used copy. :eek:

So maybe this has been discussed at length here but is anyone preparing to stockpile an additional Vita? Last year I broke down and was lucky to get a great deal on Persona DAN model in additional to my launch Wi-Fi. I doubt I'll get another as long as I can replace my battery which I haven't investigated yet. Currently it appears to be gone from every major retailer with only 3rd party sellers left.

I think they stopped modding ages ago, due to "N" and Sony having issues with piracy and what not. Even though their mods never allowed for that, it was still a "mod", and frowned upon by "the man".

Yeah, I got several modded systems from them over the years, but in later times, I started doing most of them myself.
Damn. But thanks for letting me know. Hang in there my DC.

So maybe this has been discussed at length here but is anyone preparing to stockpile an additional Vita? Last year I broke down and was lucky to get a great deal on Persona DAN model in additional to my launch Wi-Fi. I doubt I'll get another as long as I can replace my battery which I haven't investigated yet. Currently it appears to be gone from every major retailer with only 3rd party sellers left.
personally, I would just import another one but thats just me.. and my 3 vitas talking...

Glad to hear NCS is still in business. Haven't bought from them in many years, but always had a good experience with them.
Yeah, I don't think I've bought any games from them since the GC era, but I buy collectibles from them all the time. Play-Asia sales out of most stuff to fast, and there shipping can be a little silly sometimes, so I started getting that stuff from NCSX instead. Plus there in the states, so any issues can be easily corrected.

I know the the most recent deal was the best, but the DLC also was on sale once for half off or so. I got it then.

Can someone please provide me with a link to the PS Vita cover art thread??

I need to print covers for Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen & Asphalt Injection.

I bought my vita tv specifically to fill that void. Sure not all games will be compatible but eh whatever.

should I expect they will include H-scenes that were in the original game or a watered down version like the Fate/Stay Night?
Someone on another forum posted, which I can not confirm this mind as they gave no source, that a representative from Atlus had said there was a scene that has been edited due to it depicting child abuse. Can't confirm this though as, no source. Being this is Sega/Atlus and they did edit four risque images from Dungeon Travelers 2 before releasing it 2015 I sincerely would not be surprised if they did edit/cut something. On the plus side they're pre-announcing it as being a "M" rated title, so who knows.

Wish I could find Oddworld Stangers Wrath at a reasonable price. All these ebay sellers are selling it for $60+!
Not sure how much cheaper you would expect to find this. I would suspect that in a few months $60 will seem like a deal.

Original cost was $30 plus $5.25 shipping. Ebay takes 10% then Paypal takes ~3% plus they have to box it and pay to ship it. Break even for the person selling it on Ebay is close to $44.

Most of the people "scalping" these releases are only making a few bucks and I cannot see how it is worth the time and effort, but to each their own.

should I expect they will include H-scenes that were in the original game or a watered down version like the Fate/Stay Night?
These are the sequels to the original Utawarerumono. They were originally released rated 15+ and never had a release that included H-Scenes like the original. The series became popular enough with the mainstream that it was decided that eroge should be left out going forward. Sort of like Tears to Tiara II.

Velocity 2X is getting a physical release in the UK, with a special Edition for the PS4, and a standard one for the Vita.

http://www.futurlab.co.uk/velocity-2x-physical-releases.html

The company doing it is Badland Indie, and they are UK based as well, so hopefully they ship worldwide. I can't find any info on a release date or qty, so keep an eye out.

http://badlandindie.com/en/
Too bad the DLC codes would be wasted for me. It'd be nice if this got a separate trophy list. :pray:

Velocity 2X is getting a physical release in the UK, with a special Edition for the PS4, and a standard one for the Vita.

http://www.futurlab.co.uk/velocity-2x-physical-releases.html

The company doing it is Badland Indie, and they are UK based as well, so hopefully they ship worldwide. I can't find any info on a release date or qty, so keep an eye out.

http://badlandindie.com/en/
This is supposed to get a North American release as well according to Futurlab on twitter.

Not sure how much cheaper you would expect to find this. I would suspect that in a few months $60 will seem like a deal.
Original cost was $30 plus $5.25 shipping. Ebay takes 10% then Paypal takes ~3% plus they have to box it and pay to ship it. Break even for the person selling it on Ebay is close to $44.
Most of the people "scalping" these releases are only making a few bucks and I cannot see how it is worth the time and effort, but to each their own.
This is why I wish LRG did a pre-order system instead of the click and pray system

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

Really? I feel the opposite about the graphics, I think they are very solid for the Vita. Out of curiosity, what Vita game is your standard for graphics?
I don't like the character models in game especially compared to the portraits. I think the worst offender of this is Earth's Dawn. The cover looks great and then you see the screenshots. Doesn't match.

Not a steal by any means, but for those of you that collect Asian English releases, there are two copies of Civilization Revolution 2+ on Ebay for $37.95. Seems to usually be around $50.
I bought this for $49 thinking it wouldn't be cheaper.

This is why I wish LRG did a pre-order system instead of the click and pray system

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android
They'll never do this. Part of why they are successful is with that business model. Giving a limited amount with a time limit is a great incentive for collectors to drop mad dosh

There were no H-scenes. This is Utawarerumono 2, originally made and specifically designed for consoles.

The original Utawarerumono was for PC and did have eroge content, but this one never had any from the start.

Hey guys I'm sitting at 115 physical games right now. I just bought my first duplicate this weekend. Is there a list or check sheet that you guys would use at this point in the game? I had previously just taken a pic of all my games but I feel a list would be easier. Thank you

bread's done
Back