PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
So I must confess that my horrific financial situation being caused by a combination of a lousy job and a mandatory reduction of work hours per week since mid December (Yes, they cut our hours during the busiest shopping season of the year.) that I did not pre-order Fate/Extella. Have my finances balanced and worked out enough at moment that I can justify buying it so I went to the local GameStop, which according to the website had the Noble Phantasm Edition in stock.

Get to the store, tell the two clerks (always well staffed during the least busy hours) and they searched high and low and despite their own inventory system saying they have a copy, are unable to locate it. They then check the area store inventories and find that two other stores still show having it inventory to which I say, no problem I'm heading to the area of one of those stores now and will pick it up in person.

Get to the second store, person checks their inventory, shows just one copy... and it is reserved for someone who had it pre-ordered! Ask if they can call the third store, which the clerk did. Same story there! One copy on hand reserved for a person who pre-ordered it! Then told that the system is glitched as pre-ordered copies of games should not be showing up as available inventory on the website.

Just discovered a moment ago that GameStop "Check Local Availability" site feature is completely down and not showing availability for anything. Uhg!

So I must confess that my horrific financial situation being caused by a combination of a lousy job and a mandatory reduction of work hours per week since mid December (Yes, they cut our hours during the busiest shopping season of the year.) that I did not pre-order Fate/Extella. Have my finances balanced and worked out enough at moment that I can justify buying it so I went to the local GameStop, which according to the website had the Noble Phantasm Edition in stock.

Get to the store, tell the two clerks (always well staffed during the least busy hours) and they searched high and low and despite their own inventory system saying they have a copy, are unable to locate it. They then check the area store inventories and find that two other stores still show having it inventory to which I say, no problem I'm heading to the area of one of those stores now and will pick it up in person.

Get to the second store, person checks their inventory, shows just one copy... and it is reserved for someone who had it pre-ordered! Ask if they can call the third store, which the clerk did. Same story there! One copy on hand reserved for a person who pre-ordered it! Then told that the system is glitched as pre-ordered copies of games should not be showing up as available inventory on the website.

Just discovered a moment ago that GameStop "Check Local Availability" site feature is completely down and not showing availability for anything. Uhg!
What? It's $48 and available still.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYRGKKG/

Gamestop will just have a gutted copy anyway.

They'll never do this. Part of why they are successful is with that business model. Giving a limited amount with a time limit is a great incentive for collectors to drop mad dosh
Dosh? Been playing Killing Zone 2, eh? That's the only time/place I've heard of money referred to as dosh.

I guess we know who doesn't have Prime in this thread.  I'm guessing someone can sign up for the free 30 day trial of Prime and still get the discount though.

I guess we know who doesn't have Prime in this thread. I'm guessing someone can sign up for the free 30 day trial of Prime and still get the discount though.
doubt it cause i had prime from sept 15 to jan 15... would of got it but says you must be a member when item gets delivered and didnt feel like getting his the 12 buck fee

also with dq8 coming today doubt i have time to play it hell never played dq7 yet and got a massive backlog

really need to dump off all of my games

anyone want to buy it for me and i send them 48 paypal :) (dont think that is allowed though )

oooo in trouble

Yep, no Prime membership, and I'm in a state that charges sales tax on Amazon purchases.
Sadly, there's only a handfull of states left where Amazon doesn't have some sort of physical presence forcing them to collect sales tax. Last I checked I think there were only about 15 Amazon tax havens left.

2016 Was the first year in about five years that I did not place a single order through or with Amazon. I know I'll have to order the PQube games through them at some point, but no idea when. As for GameSlop and the L.E.'s. The two stores in specific that I went to yesterday presently have persons in management that keep the L.E. variants in the cabinets behind the counter unopened. Granted, with the turnover GameSlop has it's hit or miss, but I did at least give them a shot at selling to me from a physical store location.

I am pretty much Amazon Prime free as well. I used it for 2 months or so last year (yay for monthly!). It keeps me from buying too much stuff. Only bad thing is the Pqube, but I got those for the most part other than Gal Gun.

PS Vita Region 2 Physical Game Checklist Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2017 -
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (1/27)
Curses N Chaos (1/27)
-
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (February?)
-
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
God Wars: Future Past (3/28)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March TBA)
-
A Rose in the Twilight (4/11)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (2nd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (2nd Quarter)
-
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (3rd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
Tokyo Xanadu (3rd Quarter)
-
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Farming Simulator 18 (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
The Swindle: A Steampunk Cybercrime Caper (TBA)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyones L2R2 grip broken?  The little tabs holding the vita in have chipped off mine after a year of use...  Trying to see if there's a ghetto way I can fix it.

Sadly, there's only a handfull of states left where Amazon doesn't have some sort of physical presence forcing them to collect sales tax. Last I checked I think there were only about 15 Amazon tax havens left.
not sure how amazon got away with it.. They did not charge sales tax in my state.. i had 1000 in gift cards. the started to charge sales tax BUT said they did not have to give me 7% on top of the 1000. SO they mostly ripped me off 70 bucks

not sure how amazon got away with it.. They did not charge sales tax in my state.. i had 1000 in gift cards. the started to charge sales tax BUT said they did not have to give me 7% on top of the 1000. SO they mostly ripped me off 70 bucks
I sincerely cannot tell if you're an idiot or just enjoy posting like one.

I recently got a Vita and decided to try remote play while my wife was watching a movie. I was pretty impressed with the quality but disappointed with the L2/R2 implementation. Either way it was nice to be able to AP grind in FF XV on my Vita.

Man just checked out game play for Utawarerumono and it looks right up my ally (turn based strategy rpg). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdWg73rJPW8

Although the releases are getting far less frequent for the Vita, for me the quality of the releases have gone up. The last 6 or so months has probably few of my favorite releases thus far (Odin Sphere, DQ Builders, and WoFF) then in the next 6 months we get two highly acclaimed games in Va Ha11-a and Salt and Sanctuary and two games that is on the top of my personal list- Utawarerumono and God Wars.

Man just checked out game play for Utawarerumono and it looks right up my ally (turn based strategy rpg).
I am loving you and hating you (ok my wallet is) for pointing this game out lol. I have been going into Final Fantasy Tactics withdrawal and this looks like it might scratch that itch nicely. I just have a massive backlog in the way lol.

I am loving you and hating you (ok my wallet is) for pointing this game out lol. I have been going into Final Fantasy Tactics withdrawal and this looks like it might scratch that itch nicely. I just have a massive backlog in the way lol.
Haha! As good as Utawarerumono looks, I think God Wars looks better. Or at least the meat of the strategy elements (larger and more varied battle field)

I also think God Wars looks better, but the two Uta games coming out look decent too. I believe the story is a direct sequel of the first one shown in the video, so we should try to play the first one first. I've heard the story of the first game is very good too. I do also agree that the Vita releases this year look more quality than quantity which is fine with me. I will likely pick up everything sans Akiba's Beat, which i'd rather get on PS4.

This is more what we would be getting:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK7K0XyRRVw[/media]

Screw Prime. It's just not worth it if you're not a hardcore buyer. Ever since they jacked up the price of free shipping, I rarely ever shop directly from Amazon anymore since it's just too expensive.

I also think God Wars looks better, but the two Uta games coming out look decent too. I believe the story is a direct sequel of the first one shown in the video, so we should try to play the first one first. I've heard the story of the first game is very good too. I do also agree that the Vita releases this year look more quality than quantity which is fine with me. I will likely pick up everything sans Akiba's Beat, which i'd rather get on PS4.

This is more what we would be getting:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK7K0XyRRVw[/media]
Is that game play for the Vita or PS4? If you compare the graphics and combat animations between the one I posted and this one, it is night and day. I know there are two games coming out, wondering if the footage is from two different games or is it the same game but one is on the PS4 and one is one the Vita. It's hard to find good appropriately labeled footage on youtube right now. If the sRPG parts of this game have that much of a difference between the Vita and the PS4, this may be one of the only times I would get the PS4 version as well. fuck

It's not a SPRG/Japanese but XCom is a turn based strategy game better than every SRPG I have ever played (okay maybe with Valkyria Chronicles 1 it is a tie). Only the first one is on Vita (it's great but I heard this port has long load times) but right now you can get XCom 2 as part of humble monthly for $12 for PC. I wish more SRPGs had the difficulty of XCom. Fire Emblem is challenging and has perma death but I don't like that you can miss out on dialogue / story elements depending on who dies. 

XCom Vita - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus/cid=UP1001-PCSE00656_00-XCOMENEMYUNKPLUS?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Bran

Humble Monthly - https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Is that game play for the Vita or PS4? If you compare the graphics and combat animations between the one I posted and this one, it is night and day. I know there are two games coming out, wondering if the footage is from two different games or is it the same game but one is on the PS4 and one is one the Vita. It's hard to find good appropriately labeled footage on youtube right now. If the sRPG parts of this game have that much of a difference between the Vita and the PS4, this may be one of the only times I would get the PS4 version as well. fuck
i believe the first video is from the first game that was originally released on pc like ten years ago, the second one i think is the second game on ps4. I'm very hesitant to buy this one since i havent finished the first one yet...

The video you posted is for the original PC version, said so right in the description.

Has anyones L2R2 grip broken? The little tabs holding the vita in have chipped off mine after a year of use... Trying to see if there's a ghetto way I can fix it.
I had the same issue. Buy a Hori Remote Play grip instead. It has a more robust mechanism to clamp onto the Vita

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ERA94BY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485114284&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=remote+play+assist&dpPl=1&dpID=51GaAwVkmrL&ref=plSrch

The grip sitll kinda works even though the clips are off... did you just get too annoyed with it? I also just ordered that Hori grip anyway.. thank you

There's a Vita TV at a pawn shop near my house for $16. I was gonna get it to play any new games I get... but then I found out Shantae is not compatible.
I'd still go for it. It's a kitschy little device, but it's pretty neat to own, especially with the flash sale that's happening right now on the PlayStation store. I bought Borderlands 2, Geometry Wars 3, Megatag Zombies, and WRC 5 for $5 each, and it's pretty neat to be able to play those games on my television from a device that's just slightly wider than a granola bar. I don't have the cash to collect the limited edition physical releases like most of the guys who post on this thread, so it was just nice to get some new stuff to play on it this weekend. Well, new to me.

Anyone have any recommendations from the playasia sale? I am looking for a good game that can't be had state side and that has either an english option or subtitles. Thanks

bread's done
Back