PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Vita production has all but stopped in the US, which is beyond mind boggling, due to how many new games come out on the regular. Even with the system being recently hacked, you would think Sony would want to sale to that crowd and make a few extra bucks, but no.

Even my display unit at my local GS, which used to have a Vita attached next to the PS4, has been removed. The PS4 has and will be their only concern going forward, which is sad. As far as retailers go, I think Ebay & Amazon are the only places, and Amazon is all 3rd party sellers with crazy mark ups, so Ebay or importing is a persons best bet.

I recommend importing, as then you at least have a good selection of colors to choose from.

Vita production has all but stopped in the US, which is beyond mind boggling, due to how many new games come out on the regular. Even with the system being recently hacked, you would think Sony would want to sale to that crowd and make a few extra bucks, but no.

Even my display unit at my local GS, which used to have a Vita attached next to the PS4, has been removed. The PS4 has and will be their only concern going forward, which is sad. As far as retailers go, I think Ebay & Amazon are the only places, and Amazon is all 3rd party sellers with crazy mark ups, so Ebay or importing is a persons best bet.

I recommend importing, as then you at least have a good selection of colors to choose from.

This. I recommend, on ebay, the seller toki409.
I ordered a used, like new cosmic red system from his shop. The description was display in the store. His personal descriptions are more conservative as it came PRISTINE and was a great deal. Bought it during a recent $15 off $75 . Ended up paying $205 shipped and it was IMMACULATE. Normally for that color, in that condition, you'll pay $330+. He is a great guy and I highly recommend him!

I just added him to my favorite sellers list, thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome! If I needed another, I'd buy from him. I should have held out for the Sapphire Blue... They pop up on his store quite often and he sells them in really good condition for about the same I paid for the cosmic red. New, they are $400+. It's damn rediculous!!

I was able to find a Borderlands Vita bundle at Walmart a few weekends ago for $100.  

owen-celebrates.gif

Anyone have tips for where or how to have vita right analog stick repaired? Mine is constantly drifting 1000% so it's spinning or not working in-game. How much does Sony charge for original vita?

Anyone have tips for where or how to have vita right analog stick repaired? Mine is constantly drifting 1000% so it's spinning or not working in-game. How much does Sony charge for original vita?
If you are comfortable doing the repair yourself, you can buy replacement analogue sticks relatively cheap. I used to have this issue with my Vita, but it magically went away on it's own one day. Not sure what happened there. Unfortunately I don't know of a repair shop, so if someone does, speak up just in case.

So is Ebay the only place to purchase new vita memory cards (USA region) nowadays?  I'm looking for a larger size, and the only one I can find new at a retailer is play-asia, and it's almost $100 for the 64gb JPN only version!!  Guess I might have to bite the bullet since I need more space, and it's not going to get any cheaper....

So is Ebay the only place to purchase new vita memory cards (USA region) nowadays? I'm looking for a larger size, and the only one I can find new at a retailer is play-asia, and it's almost $100 for the 64gb JPN only version!! Guess I might have to bite the bullet since I need more space, and it's not going to get any cheaper....
Heavy Arm is due to get some in soon, but their price shipped is probably going to be right about PA cost. I would go with HA over PA, as their cheap shipping option provides tracking, when sometimes PA doesn't. Also, the 64GB card was never released officially in the states, so all versions of that card are imports. I've had mine for years with no issues.

And with the Vita being a "Legacy" system at this point, your right in saying prices aren't going to get any cheaper. A few years back, I saw decent deals on memory pretty regularly, nothing great, but sales every now and again. Currently, I never see any deals anymore.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/833130816511242240

Heavy Arm is due to get some in soon, but their price shipped is probably going to be right about PA cost. I would go with HA over PA, as their cheap shipping option provides tracking, when sometimes PA doesn't. Also, the 64GB card was never released officially in the states, so all versions of that card are imports. I've had mine for years with no issues.
Thanks for the tip!! I previously bought some vita games from Heavy Arm and didn't remember that they sold memory cards too. It doesn't say whether it's the Japan version, but they're all region free anyways....

Thanks for the tip!! I previously bought some vita games from Heavy Arm and didn't remember that they sold memory cards too. It doesn't say whether it's the Japan version, but they're all region free anyways....
Yeah the best deal you'd get is most likely catching a used one from someone trying to make a quick buck selling it via buy it now or the $15 off $75 or more flash sale ebay has been doing recently. I nabbed a 32GB used one for about $50. Supposedly it was in "visibly used" condition. I saw no markings on it at all! Looks brand new to me.
The only questions are:
Do you want it right away so you can play or are you patient to wait for a deal? I couldn't wait, myself!

And with the Vita being a "Legacy" system at this point, your right in saying prices aren't going to get any cheaper. A few years back, I saw decent deals on memory pretty regularly, nothing great, but sales every now and again. Currently, I never see any deals anymore.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/833130816511242240
Sub $90 on that 64GB card is amazing...

Regarding memory cards, I had a 64 GB card that corrupted, does anyone know if they are safe to use after they have been formatted?
My 64gb card did get corrupted over a year ago, so I had to reformat it. It's been working fine since then, but I always shut down the Vita when not in use, and rarely leave games or apps suspended. Maybe that helps to prevent the problem, who knows.

thank you! :)

My 64gb card did get corrupted over a year ago, so I had to reformat it. It's been working fine since then, but I always shut down the Vita when not in use, and rarely leave games or apps suspended. Maybe that helps to prevent the problem, who knows.
I think these steps absolutely do help. If left in standby or with apps open the system is constantly accessing the memory card causing unnecessary wear to the cards, which are garbage quality for the price. Also, never remove the memory card unless the system is powered off.

I think these steps absolutely do help. If left in standby or with apps open the system is constantly accessing the memory card causing unnecessary wear to the cards, which are garbage quality for the price. Also, never remove the memory card unless the system is powered off.
I've run my system in standby mode since pretty much day one. I don't always leave a game open while doing this, but it's not that uncommon. Since the system (for me anyway) lasts weeks between charge even in standby mode, I rarely EVER shut it completely down. I've had no problem with my 64gb card let alone the original 8gb card that came with my system.

There have been a few system updates that have caused issues. Corruption issues can come from the OS or even poorly programmed games. I think in the grand scheme of things, YMMV. But I've never had an issue with mine.. and I run it in standby mode pretty much every single day of the year.

I think it also makes a difference on which model of the vita you are using. There are more reports of issues with the 1000 model and higher capacity cards. Maybe the original design was built without plan for 32gb/64gb cards? 

I think it also makes a difference on which model of the vita you are using. There are more reports of issues with the 1000 model and higher capacity cards. Maybe the original design was built without plan for 32gb/64gb cards?
That's something I've never actually seen posted before, as anytime someone mentions issues, they never report their Vita model, just what may have caused the issues.

When I had my 1000, I think 32GB was the largest card I had, and I never had any issues. I didn't get my 64GB card until my 2000, and no issues there either. I never thought the unit could have been the problem, but I guess maybe that has more to do with it than anything else.

I guess we'll need to hear from more users who had corruption happen, and what model they where using when it happened.

Yeah the best deal you'd get is most likely catching a used one from someone trying to make a quick buck selling it via buy it now or the $15 off $75 or more flash sale ebay has been doing recently. I nabbed a 32GB used one for about $50. Supposedly it was in "visibly used" condition. I saw no markings on it at all! Looks brand new to me.
The only questions are:
Do you want it right away so you can play or are you patient to wait for a deal? I couldn't wait, myself!
Yeah, used is definitely a better deal, but I'm worried about the additional risks besides possible corruption. I bit the bullet and bought the Japanese 64gb version from play-asia, with the 5% off Valentine's discount. I'm just worried these will be completely discontinued and prices will skyrocket, so I'll never be able to get the 64gb card new for a sub $100 price. I would have purchased the card from Heavy Arm, but I found out it's the Asian version -- I just bought the JPN one instead for approximately the same price after shipping.

Is there any real difference between Asian, Japanese and US memory cards?
The language on the packaging I guess(but I don't think I ever really looked), I've owned 4-5 different sizes over the years, and from different regions and I couldn't tell you any difference from one to the other really. I plugged them in, and they worked, nothing else mattered.

The language on the packaging I guess(but I don't think I ever really looked), I've owned 4-5 different sizes over the years, and from different regions and I couldn't tell you any difference from one to the other really. I plugged them in, and they worked, nothing else mattered.
OK cool. Thanks for the confirmation!

Quick question:

I want to buy the recently released (and sexy) "Metallic Red" PS VITA from play-asia.com, and wanted to give my old PS VITA to my younger sister (who also has a PSN account).

If I gave my old VITA to her, would she have to play under my PSN name in order to play the games I have already downloaded to the VITA system? Obviously she wouldn't be able to download any games without being logged into my PSN, but would she be able to log in a play/earn trophies under her PSN account?

Thanks!

If I gave my old VITA to her, would she have to play under my PSN name in order to play the games I have already downloaded to the VITA system? Obviously she wouldn't be able to download any games without being logged into my PSN, but would she be able to log in a play/earn trophies under her PSN account?
I believe that your PSN account would have to be logged in for her to be able to play games from your account.

Pretty sure that's the case too. It could be a sub-account, but not her own separate account. And there's a limit of systems that can be on one account.

That's something I've never actually seen posted before, as anytime someone mentions issues, they never report their Vita model, just what may have caused the issues.
I think this has been discussed in the thread before. Not just the system (I'm on a 2000), but also the region the card is sold from. In many of the reports of errors I read about where details were posted the system didn't seem to matter. The only hardware potential issue was the reported problems were mainly with the Japanese version of the 64gb card. Not sure why or if it was just a coincidence, but it's what was I noticed among those that posted info. Secondary to that is the version of the firmware. Some versions of the OS had issues that affected battery power... and that ended up being related to how the firmware worked in standby mode with getting updates and stuff. They fixed these issues, but there were a lot of issues reported with card corruptions at that time. What would be really interesting now is to know if anyone has had an issue (for those staying up to date with the firmware) since then and if so what version of the hardware and the region of the 64gb card. I want to think for anyone up to date, this is currently a non-issue. Sort of like that rapid battery draining issue that was firmware born.

I guess to really know what may cause the corruption, we would need a data base to input all the particular issues, regions, cards and systems, and see if there is a common link between them all. I never had the charging issue with that one FW update, but I did have the PSN store issues where downloads took for ever, or just gave an error, and you couldn't even download anything, and that was ongoing for awhile, and Sony didn't even acknowledge the issue for a very log time.

I do use my Vita pretty regularly, and I'll leave it in sleep mode from time to time, but since I upgraded to 64GB, I have not removed the card once, as I have several PS Mobile titles that I'm trying to keep from loosing. So while I don't baby it much, I do try to keep from from doing things that I don't really need to, that may cause an issue with the card.

I guess to really know what may cause the corruption, we would need a data base to input all the particular issues, regions, cards and systems, and see if there is a common link between them all. I never had the charging issue with that one FW update, but I did have the PSN store issues where downloads took for ever, or just gave an error, and you couldn't even download anything, and that was ongoing for awhile, and Sony didn't even acknowledge the issue for a very log time.

I do use my Vita pretty regularly, and I'll leave it in sleep mode from time to time, but since I upgraded to 64GB, I have not removed the card once, as I have several PS Mobile titles that I'm trying to keep from loosing. So while I don't baby it much, I do try to keep from from doing things that I don't really need to, that may cause an issue with the card.
This has been discussed many time before but as long as you don't delete the PS Mobile games from the card you can always have them available if you swap cards. You just will need to be connected to the internet when you launch one of the games so your system can verify the games and console. I just did this again recently and the games I have work fine after verification.

I have Oh Deer Alpha, Gun Commando and Super Crate Box on my 32GB card.

I have three cards that I swap from time to time. A 32GB, 16GB and 8GB.

The 8GB one is the only one I always have problems with. All the games on the card rarely ever show up on the first try. I have power down and insert the card multiple times to get everything to show up. I think I need to format the card but I haven't had the time. This card has most of the free PS plus games and cheap small games I haven't had the time to play or just in no rush to play.

This has been discussed many time before but as long as you don't delete the PS Mobile games from the card you can always have them available if you swap cards. You just will need to be connected to the internet when you launch one of the games so your system can verify the games and console. I just did this again recently and the games I have work fine after verification.
Yeah, I'm not worried about transferring the games, as I knew about that working as you described. I'm worried about my card becoming corrupted, and having to reformat it. If I can no longer access the games on the card, what would happen to my PS Mobile titles in that situation?

Yeah, I'm not worried about transferring the games, as I knew about that working as you described. I'm worried about my card becoming corrupted, and having to reformat it. If I can no longer access the games on the card, what would happen to my PS Mobile titles in that situation?
That is completely different and I'm not sure in that situation. But I do believe you can back up your mobile games on the memory card on PC. Then transfer them back to the newly formatted card. As long as you went through the steps to register your system for PS Mobile games you should be fine.

Here is what I found online

• Users must update their PS Vita/PS TV systems*2 to the latest system software (version 3.55 and beyond), be connected online, and launch their purchased PSM content between October 14, 2015 and February 29, 2016. Activation will be completed just by launching the content once*3.

*1  Even after users complete the above procedure, if they swap their PS Vita memory cards or backup/restore their PS Vita/PS TV data, they must connect to the network the first time they are accessing PSM content.

*2 Up to three compatible devices (PS Vita, PlayStation®Certified devices) can be activated.

*3  If users deactivate their devices after February 29, 2016, they will no longer be able to play their purchased PSM content on the deactivated devices.

With the recent announcement of Ys VIII.. Anyone able post a link to buying the "Limited Edition" Ys Ps Vita System..? It used to on Nin-Nin and I think Play-Asia had it, but now I've been able to justify buying this system and I can't locate one..

That is completely different and I'm not sure in that situation. But I do believe you can back up your mobile games on the memory card on PC. Then transfer them back to the newly formatted card. As long as you went through the steps to register your system for PS Mobile games you should be fine.

Here is what I found online

• Users must update their PS Vita/PS TV systems*2 to the latest system software (version 3.55 and beyond), be connected online, and launch their purchased PSM content between October 14, 2015 and February 29, 2016. Activation will be completed just by launching the content once*3.

*1  Even after users complete the above procedure, if they swap their PS Vita memory cards or backup/restore their PS Vita/PS TV data, they must connect to the network the first time they are accessing PSM content.

*2 Up to three compatible devices (PS Vita, PlayStation®Certified devices) can be activated.

*3  If users deactivate their devices after February 29, 2016, they will no longer be able to play their purchased PSM content on the deactivated devices.
Thanks for the info, I'll back my Vita up to my PS3 when I get the chance, as their PC program doesn't work on my PC for some reason. So every time I've ever transferred to a new card, I used my PS3. Then if anything happens, I'll at least have a starting point to hopefully reclaim any long gone titles. I did activate everything before the deadline, so all I can do is wait and hope I never need to use the backup.

go the ebay route and you can purchase square trades warranty. I highly recommend them as they took wonderful care of mine when I had the battery replaced.

Quick question:

I want to buy the recently released (and sexy) "Metallic Red" PS VITA from play-asia.com, and wanted to give my old PS VITA to my younger sister (who also has a PSN account).

Thanks!
I've tried this before.

Only one PSN account can be signed onto the Vita at a time. To sign into a different PSN account on a Vita, you have to do a system restore first. So yes, your sister can play your games as long as the old Vita is signed into your PSN account. But, earning her own trophies on her PSN account with your Vita games is not possible.

For anyone looking to import some games: Play Asia has free shipping this week on orders over $10 and now they have a code BLUECODE for $5 off.

bread's done
Back