PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you have no choice but to deal with GS. Two recent examples are Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary Edition for PS4 and XB1, and Killing Floor 2 for PS4. These are exclusive to GS and both are excellent games, which are likely to hold their value well in the future.
and the upcoming Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Sometimes you have no choice but to deal with GS. Two recent examples are Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary Edition for PS4 and XB1, and Killing Floor 2 for PS4. These are exclusive to GS and both are excellent games, which are likely to hold their value well in the future.
I can order those online.

No need to physically go into the store. ;D

I can order those online.

No need to physically go into the store. ;D
Same here, as I don't mind using GS for new items online. So I'll still use them when I need to, just like Play-Asia, but if the Vita area is truly gone, I won't be making many more casual stops to see what they have.

That will be sad when all of the stores have Vita sections gone. I like going in there to make sure my games come with a blue box and cover art.

That will be sad when all of the stores have Vita sections gone. I like going in there to make sure my games come with a blue box and cover art.
Yeah, that was the only reason I went to mine anymore. That's why I'll be moving over to Ebay now, at least I can see what I'm buying there, as GS online for used games is a gamble I'm not willing to take.

I got killing floor for 35 on ebay which was equal to paying tax at lamestop.

Duke nukem I bought off ebay for 20 was still worth not giving lamestop money.

Song of the deep I got on ebay for less than what lamestop sells it for.

So with Amazon marketplace and ebay you NEVER have to shop at lamestop. I haven't for almost 5 years and I haven't missed out on a single game I wanted. And a lot of times I pay less, sometimes I pay more so it kind of evens out. But I'll never give them money again and there are plenty of ways to get lamestop exclusives without giving them your money.

fuck them.

In that case, $220 shipped for an import Vita is pretty good. If it's what you want, I say go for it! I imported the white/blue model years ago, and love it. It's one of my favorite import systems of all time.
I went ahead and bought the Metallic Red Vita :) now I hope it doesn't take a long time to get here

I know it was mentioned here awhile ago, that some users had seen the Vita section removed from their local GS, well today at my nearest shop, Vita was nowhere to be found. The Switch section was in place now, and taking up some good real estate, but the Vita area was small and on an end cap, so I can't see why it was removed.

The manager wasn't there, so they may be in the process of rearranging things, but sadly, I think its the future we all knew was coming. While I'm no fan of GS, I did buy a good amount of Vita games there over the years, due to good deals, or just finding some rare titles cheap from time to time. I'm sure they will keep selling them online, but no way I'm buying games sight unseen online from them.

I guess Ebay will be my go to stop now for used titles. So be on the lookout at your local stores.
They are getting rid of stock. My GameStop you actually have to ask them in order to see the small vita stack. Always best to ask.

I went ahead and bought the Metallic Red Vita :) now I hope it doesn't take a long time to get here
I was thinking of doing the same. What did it total for you, and did it give an estimated delivery window? It said ships in 24 hours last week, but now it's 1-2 weeks.

You might get a gutted copy online. I know exactly what I am getting in store.
That doesn't apply to pre-orders though.

Maybe once the game has been out, but yeah.

In any case, you can still get gutted games in store anyways, so it's not that much of a difference, particularly if the store only has one copy of the game in stock. :p

You might get a gutted copy no matter where you shop with GS. Didn't you know GS stands for "Gutted Stock"?

That doesn't apply to pre-orders though.

Maybe once the game has been out, but yeah.

In any case, you can still get gutted games in store anyways, so it's not that much of a difference, particularly if the store only has one copy of the game in stock. :p

You might get a gutted copy no matter where you shop with GS. Didn't you know GS stands for "Gutted Stock"?
In store means I can look at the gutted copy before buying. I can even call the store to make sure they have a sealed copy. I got a sealed Duke Nukem at local store, who knows what I will get online?

I don't mind a gutted vanilla release, as I would be playing that copy anyway. The boxed day one editions, I normally don't buy online, at least from GS because of the gutting issue. I try not to get those online anyplace, because they often arrive damaged in bubble mailers. Besides used games, those where my other go to item at the GS retail stores. I guess I'll have to start using Amazon again for those, and order more than 1 copy so they use a box and hope for the best(which almost never ends well). 

I was thinking of doing the same. What did it total for you, and did it give an estimated delivery window? It said ships in 24 hours last week, but now it's 1-2 weeks.
For me it came out to exactly $219.99, and if I remember correctly the delivery window for the free Economy shipping said that it would arrive in Florida, USA from 3/20 - 3/24

Edit: I just checked my order details, and the estimated shipping date is 3/13

I try not to let people see me at GameStop to often, might give them the wrong idea that I like the place or something. They haven't marked down any titles I'm looking for presently and more than likely I'll end up buying what i want online. They were very helpful in the early days of growing my Vita collection, especially when they've had "Buy 2, Get 1 Free"  sales. But now the titles already out I'm missing are mostly PQube releases and other titles that will likely be marked down by online retailers long before GameStop thinks to lower their pricing.

For the fledgling gamers and collectors GameSlop stores are still a vital resource for finding older Vita releases. Especially for those folk who live in areas with no alternative game stores. As much as I dislike GameStop as a company, I won't tell people to not shop there. In all reality it looks like I will end up pre-ordering Toukiden 2 from the local GS as Best Buy still does not even have it even listed as a upcoming release title! Very likely at this point Best Buy will simply never carry the game.

For the fledgling gamers and collectors GameSlop stores are still a vital resource for finding older Vita releases. Especially for those folk who live in areas with no alternative game stores. As much as I dislike GameStop as a company, I won't tell people to not shop there. In all reality it looks like I will end up pre-ordering Toukiden 2 from the local GS as Best Buy still does not even have it even listed as a upcoming release title! Very likely at this point Best Buy will simply never carry the game.
Amazon has Toukiden 2 up for pre-order. If you're a Prime member, the $8 savings is plenty to cover return shipping if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSANDHU

I am just now starting Toukiden Kiwami so that I can buy 2 at some point. I really like it, though I suspect later missions will be too difficult to solo.

Did you guys beat the game solo?

I am just now starting Toukiden Kiwami so that I can buy 2 at some point. I really like it, though I suspect later missions will be too difficult to solo.

Did you guys beat the game solo?
I pretty much beat it solo (got bored of it a while back but was done with a good portion of the story missions). Just be sure to bring as one of your AI characters a ranged person. The close range AI fighters seem to die more often and do stupid things. I played with the twin daggers just mentioning.

I pretty much beat it solo (got bored of it a while back but was done with a good portion of the story missions). Just be sure to bring as one of your AI characters a ranged person. The close range AI fighters seem to die more often and do stupid things. I played with the twin daggers just mentioning.
Cool thanks, that's good info on the AI partners. I usually bring all female cast since...waifu complex...and Oka is an archer ayway.

I just want to beat the solo campaign, not gonna go to the multi lobby, and probably won't go into post-game, not that into MH type games. I do like that there is some character development here, which is surprising, I thought Omega Force needed to rely on Chinese literature to develop characters.

I think I have a basic PS Vita system question:

I bought a new Slim PS Vita, and I want to transfer everything on my old Vita to this new one. Would it be as simple as taking out the 64 GB memory card thing and putting it into the new Vita, or would I have to re-download all of the games I have currently on my old Vita from the PS Store?

Thanks!

I bought a new Slim PS Vita, and I want to transfer everything on my old Vita to this new one. Would it be as simple as taking out the 64 GB memory card thing and putting it into the new Vita, or would I have to re-download all of the games I have currently on my old Vita from the PS Store?
It's essentially as easy as putting the card in the new system. I lost a few icons on my menu when I switched once, but no actual save data was lost.

I think I have a basic PS Vita system question:

Thanks!
I believe you need to deactivate your old Vita, and activate your new one, then it's a matter of the card swap and rearranging everything.

"N" sucks in regards to their account system, but their transfer for the 3DS while a pain in the ass, puts everything on the new system as is, which is a really good feature when you have tons of games organized in folders and what not. But check online, as there is a couple of steps to the process. Also, you should back up your system as well, before swapping them just incase there is an issue.

It's essentially as easy as putting the card in the new system. I lost a few icons on my menu when I switched once, but no actual save data was lost.
I have not done it with two Vitas but I have swapped cards between Vita and Vita TV without an issue. I think you are allowed 3 portables (mix of vita, psp and vita TV) per PSN account. So long as it is the same account you can just switch the card.

I have not done it with two Vitas but I have swapped cards between Vita and Vita TV without an issue. I think you are allowed 3 portables (mix of vita, psp and vita TV) per PSN account. So long as it is the same account you can just switch the card.
That is true, as I always sold my old unit to cover the new one, so I had to deactivate. But you are correct in that you are allowed to have several devices and in that situation, the card is all it takes.

I try not to let people see me at GameStop to often, might give them the wrong idea that I like the place or something. They haven't marked down any titles I'm looking for presently and more than likely I'll end up buying what i want online. They were very helpful in the early days of growing my Vita collection, especially when they've had "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sales. But now the titles already out I'm missing are mostly PQube releases and other titles that will likely be marked down by online retailers long before GameStop thinks to lower their pricing.

The press release listed Best Buy for the pre-order bonus so my bet is Toukiden 2 is delayed. Yomawari was listed late as well, but I am fairly sure it was up three weeks before the release. If it is not delayed, I may need to do a month of prime for the three vita games this month.

For me it came out to exactly $219.99, and if I remember correctly the delivery window for the free Economy shipping said that it would arrive in Florida, USA from 3/20 - 3/24

Edit: I just checked my order details, and the estimated shipping date is 3/13
Thanks! That seems like a ways away, but I guess I'm willing to wait for it since I don't need it ASAP. I got the Aqua Blue from Amazon and didn't like the color and was hopeful the Red would have a much better look to me.

Thanks! That seems like a ways away, but I guess I'm willing to wait for it since I don't need it ASAP. I got the Aqua Blue from Amazon and didn't like the color and was hopeful the Red would have a much better look to me.
From the reviews I read, the online pictures of the Vita systems don't do them justice. Many reviews say that the colors look a lot better in person, so I'm really looking forward to getting mine

I have two of the Aqua Blue Vita systems, really like the color a lot. It was a limited release in N.A., only Gamestop carried it and they are long gone from retail channels.

I have two of the Aqua Blue Vita systems, really like the color a lot. It was a limited release in N.A., only Gamestop carried it and they are long gone from retail channels.
The Vita situation in the US is beyond insane. I see new games announced almost weekly, and the system is all but gone from US retail stores. I don't think I've ever seen a company try to kill a device as much as Sony has done with the Vita, and then still get so much support.

Vita really does mean LIFE, as Sony can't seem to kill it no matter how hard they try. LOL

The Vita situation in the US is beyond insane. I see new games announced almost weekly, and the system is all but gone from US retail stores. I don't think I've ever seen a company try to kill a device as much as Sony has done with the Vita, and then still get so much support.

Vita really does mean LIFE, as Sony can't seem to kill it no matter how hard they try. LOL
It's funny, the system never caught on in a big way, but those of us that it did gain traction with are more passionate about the system than most any other console. The Vita is going to be one of those systems where you'll still see games trickle out, even in a limited way, for years to come I think.

We have to keep the Vita alive. It is one of my favorite things to bring with me other than my phone and wallet.
I'm damn sure doing my part, as I've bought more for the Vita in the last few years, than I think I've bought for any console/handheld in my life. My last wish for it, besides the games that we already get, would be for Sony to release a 128GB memory card.

I know that's a pipe dream at the moment, but it's the one thing that no one else can really do. Games, accessories, etc., can be done by developers and 3rd parties, but the memory card situation falls 110% on Sony, and I just don't see them offering one at this point, which sucks :wall:

We have to keep the Vita alive. It is one of my favorite things to bring with me other than my phone and wallet.
I hope so. I'm now committed to this system, sometimes more than my PS4, which I've owned for years longer.

I even bought a "spare" Vita on clearance at Target in case something happens to my Aqua Blue.

If not, then there's always remote play, which is the main reason that I bought a Vita in the first place. As an accessory to my much-loved PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought a lot for the Vita too. I am consistently now buying for the PS4 over the Vita for comparable games, as they usually just run better on the PS4 and I do like my PS4. They are consistently usually localizing PS4 versions sometimes skipping the Vita versions totally. I still love getting Vita games, and strongly prefer strategy games and VNs on the Vita. Some RPGs are good too,but I usually prefer those on the big screen as well.

This year i'm looking forward to on the Vita:

Mary Skelter (dungeon RPGs on the Vita rock!)

Utawarerumono games (pretty much visual novels)

Danganronpa 3 (Another VN and this game series rocks!)

God Wars (turn based strategy)

I think that's it unless some more dungeon crawlers or VNS are announced (Caligula looks pretty lame honestly....though if it's cheap enough i'll get it). I may have missed some, but not a huge list, but a decent list nonetheless. I will get Tokyo Xanadu, new Ys game, and Akiba's Beat on the PS4....though they will have Vita versions and who knows when I'll get these 3 as they are lesser priority, though Ys are cool games.

I hope for the best in the future for the Vita, but I do feel a transitional phase to the PS4 incoming.

Ditto for me on the Vita. I have loved systems before but the Vita is the first I bought multiple copies of at the same time. I have 2 x OLED's and 1 slim all because I wanted standby systems if I ever needed them. I'd own more if only I had a limitless wallet. That orange system in particular is calling to me lol. So yeah the Vita is life. Long live the Vita!

I've started down the insane path of trying to get a full retail collection for the Vita, so I'm grabbing most stuff as I see it.  There's still far more on the horizon than I'll have time to play as it comes out, but I'll be glad to have it once the system is eventually dead.  I'll take a portable version over a console version every time, even with performance sacrifices.  It's worth it to me to have games on a handheld.

I'm damn sure doing my part, as I've bought more for the Vita in the last few years, than I think I've bought for any console/handheld in my life. My last wish for it, besides the games that we already get, would be for Sony to release a 128GB memory card.

I know that's a pipe dream at the moment, but it's the one thing that no one else can really do. Games, accessories, etc., can be done by developers and 3rd parties, but the memory card situation falls 110% on Sony, and I just don't see them offering one at this point, which sucks :wall:
YES.

My 64GB is getting full and I will need to buy another one soon. It would be so much easier to just have a huge 128GB (or even 256GB since I have movies and TV I can watch through the Vita) to keep everything on.

I love my Vita, but I think Sony's complete lack of giving a shit has finally caught up with it.  This might just be a wild guess, but I think the Switch might eventually replace it as developers' high end handheld of choice.  Assuming anyone actually starts making games for the damn thing.  That was the impressing I got when Nintendo made their announcement, it's not the DS3 or WiiU2, it's the Super Vita/Vita Advance.

I love my Vita, but I think Sony's complete lack of giving a shit has finally caught up with it. This might just be a wild guess, but I think the Switch might eventually replace it as developers' high end handheld of choice. Assuming anyone actually starts making games for the damn thing. That was the impressing I got when Nintendo made their announcement, it's not the DS3 or WiiU2, it's the Super Vita/Vita Advance.
I doubt it. A lot of people still stick with the Vita because of all the great niche games that get localized on it...niche games that Nintendo would probably force to be censored/altered on the Switch.

bread's done
Back