PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you have two copies of Blanc?
Removable blanc hat, clearly.

also the way your shelf is half blocking the door is bugging the hell out of me.
Doors? We don't need doors where we're going!

delorean-back-to-the-future-production.gif

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- March
Runner 2 (3/17)
The Nonary Games (3/24)
Toukiden 2 (3/21)
- 2nd Quarter
A Rose in the Twilight (4/11)
Akiba's Beat (5/2)
Farming Simulator 18 (6/6)
God Wars: Future Past (6/20)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (5/16)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (5/16)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (4/25)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (5/23)
Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (2nd Quarter)
- 3rd Quarter
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
-
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (4th Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (4th Quarter)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (TBA / Fall)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So apparently some GameStops are throwing away the cases for their used VIta games and just selling the carts only in glass cases like they've been doing for DS games for a while.  I went by four today and only one had them that way, I hope it's not the sign of a trend.  This seems really stupid to me since the Vita cases are so small and take up so little space.

So apparently some GameStops are throwing away the cases for their used VIta games and just selling the carts only in glass cases like they've been doing for DS games for a while. I went by four today and only one had them that way, I hope it's not the sign of a trend. This seems really stupid to me since the Vita cases are so small and take up so little space.
But they need more space for their pop! figures no one likes.

So apparently some GameStops are throwing away the cases for their used VIta games and just selling the carts only in glass cases like they've been doing for DS games for a while. I went by four today and only one had them that way, I hope it's not the sign of a trend. This seems really stupid to me since the Vita cases are so small and take up so little space.
If GS had any level of understanding when it comes to such things, they would NEVER gut games, but since they do, realize they just don't care. I said a few weeks back my nearest store didn't have their Vita section anymore, and the NS had it's new space up and running, but I haven't been back since, so it makes sense that they would just offer them in that case with the DS games, as it takes up very little space, but it also means I won't be buying another Vita game from them EVER, but I doubt they care.

This is exactly what they find important, and in my store, this section is HUGE, probably the biggest in the city, and I've never once seen anyone buying anything from that crap. All of it comes from ThinkGeek, and they have sales weekly, so who in their right mind would buy this shit at GS, even if you where interested in it.

If GS had any level of understanding when it comes to such things, they would NEVER gut games, but since they do, realize they just don't care. I said a few weeks back my nearest store didn't have their Vita section anymore, and the NS had it's new space up and running, but I haven't been back since, so it makes sense that they would just offer them in that case with the DS games, as it takes up very little space, but it also means I won't be buying another Vita game from them EVER, but I doubt they care.

This is exactly what they find important, and in my store, this section is HUGE, probably the biggest in the city, and I've never once seen anyone buying anything from that crap. All of it comes from ThinkGeek, and they have sales weekly, so who in their right mind would buy this shit at GS, even if you where interested in it.
I don't understand why GameStop wouldn't just put inventory on sale to clear it out or send it all back to the online store instead of making it even less desirable.

Back in the 90s I used to shop at Gamestop and EB Games (now merged), and I rescued many NES boxes (with manuals) that they were planning to throw away. They squandered a fortune in these kinds of materials, very sad.

I don't understand why GameStop wouldn't just put inventory on sale to clear it out or send it all back to the online store instead of making it even less desirable.
Back in the 90s I used to shop at Gamestop and EB Games (now merged), and I rescued many NES boxes (with manuals) that they were planning to throw away. They squandered a fortune in these kinds of materials, very sad.
Yeah, you would think a place that specializes in video games, would have a better understanding, but at the end of the day, they are just making money, and while leaving games in cases are more desirable to a small amount of consumers, most of the people who shop there just want used cheap games to play, and that's exactly what they offer.

When a place like Amazon or BB ships LE items in bubble mailers, you see it's just a numbers game to them all. GS is the one place that should be different, but they are often times worse than the places that sale any and everything.

Lol the Vita sections were tiny at my Gamestops....why would you need to throw those cases away? Just stupid.
Yeah, mine was an end cap, as where most stores in town. It had the smallest area of just about anything in the store. Once again, they probably only get mostly preorder new games, and maybe a few extra ones here and there, so number wise, someone sees it as a waste of space.

But this is the store that thinks gutting CE is a good idea, so nothing should be shocking in regards to them throwing out cases.

Yeah, mine was an end cap, as where most stores in town. It had the smallest area of just about anything in the store. Once again, they probably only get mostly preorder new games, and maybe a few extra ones here and there, so number wise, someone sees it as a waste of space.

But this is the store that thinks gutting CE is a good idea, so nothing should be shocking in regards to them throwing out cases.
I spoke to a store manager once about them getting rid of the small Vita section semi-recently and according to him Vita sales accounted for less then a percent in total store pre-owned sales. Not that I want them to do this but from a corporate GS standpoint I am really not surprised that they are.

I'm giving up on Toukiden Kiwami. I finished Chapter 5, saw a ending like CG and thought the story came to a natural close. And I was getting bored of the extreme repitivity.

Apparently single player goes to Chapter 13, now I really regret my purchase since I hate dropping games before I beat them, but this game leaves me no choice, MH clones are really hard to get into.

As much as I agree about pop figures... there have been one or two that I came close to buying. One of them I regret not buying because it would have been perfect for my desk and I haven't seen it again. That one being, K-9.

31750bd8a028d716f9f33a5f5657e1c7.jpg

Crap... now I'm starting to get that itch again to track one down. Looks like one of my local stores has one.

When a place like Amazon or BB ships LE items in bubble mailers, you see it's just a numbers game to them all. GS is the one place that should be different, but they are often times worse than the places that sale any and everything.
Gamestop, I expect, is massively profitable. They found a formula that works and while it's not as appealing to a serious collector, it can be completely exploited by the savvy shopper to help build a decent collection on the cheap. It's like what they do with converting new games to used. No other company does that, that I'm aware of. But what a treat to ultimately get a new condition game for a used price. And long after the vita is pretty much completely dead at every other retailer with actual stores, GS held on the longest. They may suck in many ways, but it's hard for me not to be at least a little happy there was an avenue to get some of my vita collection on the cheap. If they were perfect, kept every box and manual and never opened games and stuff... I'd imagine their prices would be worse. If prices were worse, people would complain more. Use them when you can when it benefits you.... don't use them when it doesn't. Sort of like LRG. Don't buy any games you don't want from them. You aren't supporting some good cause. Your purchase doesn't mean anything for the quality of future games. It's a business.

I spoke to a store manager once about them getting rid of the small Vita section semi-recently and according to him Vita sales accounted for less then a percent in total store pre-owned sales. Not that I want them to do this but from a corporate GS standpoint I am really not surprised that they are.
I'm not surprised. I'd imagine with systems being hacked too, that killed a lot of the market. It's hard to completely fault the company for not wanting to give shelf space to something that ultimately doesn't sell.

I ended up spending a few min to hit GS for that K-9 Pop Vinyl figure. Super super cool little guy. It's in a way better than having an exact replica. I have a small spot I'm keeping very select things to remind me of my family, things from my youth and so on. He's going to go next to my Shenmue inspired forklift, hotwheels versions of "The Mystery Machine" and K.I.T.T. as well as a few other things :D/ I've got a few more things to acquire for my little fun collection (and a few things I already own to display) but I'm in no rush to expand it. In fact I may keep it down to 10 or less items and cycle things through.

Local mom & pop shop has a pre-owned Resident Evil: Revelations 2 for $20, is it worth it?
I think the actual value of a complete copy is much higher. So financially it looks like a good deal. As for the game... I couldn't tell you. Never played it and didn't like the demo of the first one on 3DS.

play-asia has basically a b1g1 free for some vita games, AND on top of that some vita games are reduced to $20 each

some titles include hyperdimension 2 neptunia, odin sphere, persona 4 dancing all night, dokuro, i am setsuna (JAP), dragon quest builders/heroes ii (JAP), hyperdimension rebirth 3 LE (JAP) and a bunch of other japanese titles

use code GEMATSU for -$3 off

i picked up odin sphere and dokuro for $11/each

http://www.play-asia.com/odin-sphere-leifthrasir-english/13/70a3et

scroll down to see the deal, visit the game you want's page, then the other game you want on the bottom

uChMPqW.png

Are any of those listed JAP versions able to be in Engrish?
Airship Q I believe.
Just remember to download the patch since it's not English ready out of the box.

The B1G1 isn't working for me now; I was just about to check out when the price changed. Anybody else having the same problem?
Doesn't seem to be working for me neither.

edit: Tested it out several ways, and it appears it only works if you have Odin Sphere in the cart, lol.

RIP

Was contemplating picking up Dokuro and Miracle Girls, but aw well.

i think they are killing the deal (possibly a price mistake, because these prices are too good really)

hopefully they will still honor it if you got an order through. anyone know if they do?

And now they're not even showing the offer.

I'm gonna be salty if I missed out on this. I was actually gonna take advantage of this as soon as I saw it, but I decided to wait until I came back from the pooper. 

i think they are killing the deal (possibly a price mistake, because these prices are too good really)

hopefully they will still honor it if you got an order through. anyone know if they do?
They may have.

Doesn't even work with Odin's Sphere anymore.

The weird thing was that all of the games were priced at $19.99, even though they regularly aren't priced that on the site, so there was a few glitches all over with that promo.

As much as I wanted Dokuro, I didn't want a Asia copy of Odin's Sphere just to get it. :p

Also, hey, I just sawz you on GAF. ;D

And now they're not even showing the offer.

I'm gonna be salty if I missed out on this. I was actually gonna take advantage of this as soon as I saw it, but I decided to wait until I came back from the pooper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISHRdsyERw

bread's done
Back