PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I properly track my shipments from play-asia.com? One of my items was supposed to arrive yesterday, and I'm not sure how to track the status other than the estimated date that play-asia gives you.
You can track it on their side here:

https://www.singpost.com/

Once it reaches the US, your kind of SOL, as USPS doesn't update tracking for their standard shipping methods. But you can at least see when it gets here, and then have a better idea when it may arrive.

You can track it on their side here:

https://www.singpost.com/

Once it reaches the US, your kind of SOL, as USPS doesn't update tracking for their standard shipping methods. But you can at least see when it gets here, and then have a better idea when it may arrive.
Thanks. I got a notification from my apartment that I have a package, and I wasn't expecting anything other than my Vita so I hope that's what it is.

By the way, do any of you use screen protectors for your systems or is that unnecessary?

I use hori screen protectors. Had one on my 1000 and it looked perfect years later. I put one on my 2000 as well and it has held up well too.

By the way, do any of you use screen protectors for your systems or is that unnecessary?
For me it's unnecessary as the way I store and transport my vita makes it's pretty close to impossible to scratch the screen let alone even damage the device. It really depends on where you plan to keep the system and what you use when transporting it.

Are there any deals on new consoles or should I just focus on grabbing one off the secondary market? I'm wanting a portable console and to have remote play.

Screen protectors are a must for any electronic device I own. Though I haven't tried tempered glass before; I want to sometime.
Same here, once I check that my device is working 100%, the screen protector is the next thing installed. Screen protector's used to be first, but years ago, I got a defective Vita, and didn't know it until I had installed the screen protector, which was wasted by then, so now I check functionality first and install second. LOL

I haven't tried the tempered glass yet either, as I didn't find out about it until I had already done my last Vita years ago, and my standard screen protector was perfect, so no need to change it until something happens to it. Even though I don't see getting an NS anytime soon, that will probably be the next device where I get a chance to try the tempered glass, and with the size of that screen, that looks like a good place for it.

I went with a screen protector on all my devices after my daughter dropped my phone.  Since then I have replaced several tempered glass screen protectors, but not a device.

If you are an adult, store your device properly, have no children, and only use it at home its probably ok to go without a screen protector.

On the other hand adults make mistakes too, like my wife knocked her Surface off the bathroom counter.  Because Life of the American Teenager needs to be on while she puts on makeup...

I'm not angry, I promised...

:wall:

Yeah; I don't need people breaking my stuff. That's why I'm single!

Yup. That's why I'm single.
tumblr_ns9mm7d6w51ubkymbo1_400.gif

Anyone order right stuff and only get shipping charged?  What ended up happening?  I got another email from them  that I was only charged 2.99 but no items..... I"m just canceling but did anyone get anything shipped?

Are there any deals on new consoles or should I just focus on grabbing one off the secondary market? I'm wanting a portable console and to have remote play.
The 2 biggest clearances are about 2-3 months old, but you can check. For a non-bundle Vita slim:

1. Walmart $99
2. Target $69

I had luck at Target when buying my spare Vita, but nothing at Walmart. You can always import or buy from Amazon, but those are non-deals to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a 99 dollar vita... I really need a second one because my launch day one is pretty haggard. I thought they'd be around 100 used but I'm not paying 150+ like I'm seeing everywhere.

I'm not really a multiple consoles kind of guy; I JUST replaced my 3DS that I got at launch. But maybe I should buy a second Vita, particularly for new releases since I use HENkaku on my main system and TV.

I'm not really a multiple consoles kind of guy; I JUST replaced my 3DS that I got at launch. But maybe I should buy a second Vita, particularly for new releases since I use HENkaku on my main system and TV.
I'm considering a second slim just for the color variations. Or in case my wife starts watching some other terrible show...

Bought one from this guy when they were a bit more expensive. Came in pretty good shape with older firmware. I notice he has changed his description a bit though. IIRC the description on mine said minor scratches and didn't mention him not taking returns based on cosmetic issues. Seems like these units may be a little rougher cosmetically than what I bought but for the price I am kinda tempted to grab another one.

Noooo, why Best Buy, why!? Can't pre-order either Toukiden 2 or The Nonary Games from them for no apparent reason now.
Toukiden 2 was definitely available to order (I placed mine last night), but I do not think The Nonary Games has ever gone from "coming soon" to Pre-Order. If this is really going to be out on the 24th BBY sort of missed the boat on using pre-orders to determine demand and to inform purchase orders. I was waiting for another Visa promo, but it was never live while Toukiden was available to pre-order and I started to think it would sell out if I kept waiting.

Anyone order right stuff and only get shipping charged? What ended up happening? I got another email from them that I was only charged 2.99 but no items..... I"m just canceling but did anyone get anything shipped?
I got charged shipping. I emailed them immediately and I kept bothering them about it. Took until Sunday or something to sort it out. Made them hold the shit I want for their fuck up since they take a long ass time to answer.

Then they charged me the correct amount, taking off the shipping that I already paid.

I had a hell of a time this morning trying to use my PS TV. Didn't know about the DNS trick but didn't matter as the device wouldn't let me update past 3.57. Had to reformat the entire system and then update.

I had a hell of a time this morning trying to use my PS TV. Didn't know about the DNS trick but didn't matter as the device wouldn't let me update past 3.57. Had to reformat the entire system and then update.
Must be just you. i fired up my PSTV a moment ago to check it and it's all fine. The only difficult thing I faced was forgetting I had installed Azkend 2 on both my Vita and PSTV and I didn't have the pointer feature turned on to play it. It's very different with a controller over the touch screen! My system is up to date on the firmware (never been hacked in any way) with the 8gb card it came with. It was good that I checked as I needed to hit the store and queue Ray Gigant to download.

I did an image search for "Scamsville," hoping that I would find a street sign somebody made in an attempt to be funny.  I think what I actually found was even funnier: 

[attachment=25911:Untitled.png]

I did it, I thought, why not? I paid with a credit card through PayPal, so I will charge that back instantly if nothing happens. But maybe, just maybe, it comes through.

It does say it ships from the United States and should be here before next Thursday, so that is a quick turnaround to find out I got ripped off.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with an analog stick not functioning properly? My left analog stick isn't working right and when I play games the direction is always wanting to point up. Will restoring the system possibly help the issue?

The 2 biggest clearances are about 2-3 months old, but you can check. For a non-bundle Vita slim:

1. Walmart $99
2. Target $69

I had luck at Target when buying my spare Vita, but nothing at Walmart. You can always import or buy from Amazon, but those are non-deals to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a $99 Borderlands 2 Vita bundle at a WalMart about a month or so back.

Doesn't look like it. I remember having this problem a couple months back and someone suggested blowing into the analog space which actually worked! Blowing into it doesn't seem to be working now.
Hmmm...seems weird then.

Does it do anything when you're not using it? If it still drags when it's not in use then there's probably something physically wrong with in from the mechanism inside that analog stick.

If it does that only when you use it, does seem plausible it's a firmware issue, and possibly a reset could be the solution.

Sorry, this is old and a weird question, but do you happen to speak it as well? If so, which dialect? Just curious.
I speak Mandarin and Cantonese. Grew up in Taiwan, but one of my parents is from Canton, so I speak both.

This is going to be one of those painfully small print runs apparently.

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/842037847355990018

Hi everyone. Been reading post about play-asia.com here. How can you tell which games are in English? Is all Asia games in English (speaking and subtitle)

Anyone recommend must have vita games? Killzone? Persona 4 Golden? Is the vita games equal or better then the ps4 counterpart? Is it better to get the ps4 over the vita if its the same game? Can all ps4 games remote play on the vita? what about for the ps3?

Any accessories recommended for the vita?

Also read that some CAG would get another vita. Why?

Looks like miracle girls sold out. Waiting on confirmation on my order but noticed PayPal charged .01 less than the order amount. Is this an issue with play asia?

Hi everyone. Been reading post about play-asia.com here. How can you tell which games are in English? Is all Asia games in English (speaking and subtitle)

Anyone recommend must have vita games? Killzone? Persona 4 Golden? Is the vita games equal or better then the ps4 counterpart? Is it better to get the ps4 over the vita if its the same game? Can all ps4 games remote play on the vita? what about for the ps3?

Any accessories recommended for the vita?

Also read that some CAG would get another vita. Why?
Asia-English games have their own section on the website.

bread's done
Back