PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
MeiQ was decent fun, you can customize your own battle robots, such as drill left arm and canon right arm. Skills change accordingly of course. I was disappointed in the complete lack of cut-scenes though, normally those beautifully drawn cut-scenes are your reward for completing each chapter.

I would not rate as a Tier-1 DRPG experience, which for me would be DT2 and Demon Gaze.

How is Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and the Monster Seal?  I dropped by gamestop and picked it up for $29.  I hadn't seen it in a while and thought I'd pick it up while I had the chance.

How is Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and the Monster Seal? I dropped by gamestop and picked it up for $29. I hadn't seen it in a while and thought I'd pick it up while I had the chance.
Fairly standard but decent dungeon crawler. Pretty dang challenging including the post game. Lots of customization. I think the girls are cute. Story is standard but it has one to keep you going. Basic graphics other than the ladies. Pretty good overall though I felt it sometimes lacked the extra oomph to make it very awesome. It seemed too basic at times in gameplay, but is pretty fun and will keep you going.

Fairly standard but decent dungeon crawler. Pretty dang challenging including the post game. Lots of customization. I think the girls are cute. Story is standard but it has one to keep you going. Basic graphics other than the ladies. Pretty good overall though I felt it sometimes lacked the extra oomph to make it very awesome. It seemed too basic at times in gameplay, but is pretty fun and will keep you going.
DT2 is definitely one of my favorite DRPGs. Out of curiosity, what is your top DRPGs on the Vita? Demon Gaze?

Nah i'm pretty sure it's DT2. I still haven't played Stranger of Sword City, and what I played of Operation Abyss I was very neutral on. I liked how awesome Demon Gaze looked. I felt the heavy lack of customization for skills really hurt it though. It was super fun though and the dungeons were well made. I hope Demon Gaze 2 is announced for localization....there will be an English Asia version though. I hope we someday get Dungeon Travelers 2-2....though that one still isn't out in Japan.

How is Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and the Monster Seal? I dropped by gamestop and picked it up for $29. I hadn't seen it in a while and thought I'd pick it up while I had the chance.
DT2 is a WONDERFUL game, packed to the brim with content, depth and challenge. Beautiful artwork, lots of customization options, huge enemy variety, time sink post-game, a 300+ hour platinum trophy, this game has just about everything you could want in this kind of title, definitely my favorite in the genre.

Also, I thought MeiQ was pretty bad and that Exist Archive was painfully underrated.

I still think Moe Chronicles is better than Dungeon Travelers 2.  But then I'm the kind of guy that giggles every time someone starts talking about magic panties.

I still think Moe Chronicles is better than Dungeon Travelers 2. But then I'm the kind of guy that giggles every time someone starts talking about magic panties.
I've gotta try Moe Chronicle! Although with the release season we're having, I probably won't get to play it until retirement.

I agree. My Tier 1 DRPGs would be DT2 Moe Chron, also Demon Gaze is almost to my Tier 1 standards, but falls short on memorable characters. Tier 2 would be Ray and MeiQ. Have yet to play Op Abyss and Stranger.

Also only counting strict First Person DRPGs.

I think most of us have been waiting for it to keep going down since the price will go back up if too many people buy it. :*(
Man I suck at making purchase calls... bought this back when it dropped down to about $18, thinking that's probably as low as it might get for a sealed copy. FML

Man I suck at making purchase calls... bought this back when it dropped down to about $18, thinking that's probably as low as it might get for a sealed copy. FML
I did the same. Sometimes I get in at the best price, and sometimes not.

It all comes down to what your "buy in" price is. I normally set a specific price early on, and wait. If it reteaches it, I'll grab the game ASAP. If it doesn't, than I wait, and sometimes that works out, and other times no. The price we paid was good enough for me, as I'm happy to get most Vita games for $20 and under currently. Especially considering how few qty must be getting made for most of these titles now a days.

I have to figure in time, most of these games will be at least $20, if not more as interest grows for the Vita, and less and less games begin to be produced. $10-$15 is awesome, and early on, I got those types of prices pretty regularly, now those prices don't happen as much. I had to adjust my buy in prices accordingly, as certain titles are going to start to sale out places, before they get dropped that low.

So in the end, no matter what price you pay, you just have to make sure your happy with it at the time, and then, you should be good even when some games drop lower. You win some, you loose some.

Ratchet and Skank Collection $8 on Amazon [Digital]
Old news posted about 4 post up. It's also 7.99 on PSN this week. If you don't have credit to burn on Amazon, the better deal is with PSN since you can also get the points for Sony Rewards to eventually cash in towards psn credit.

There are some solid deals on PSN this week for Vita.

I did get Exist Archive for around $18 dollars, but I also bought Zero Time Dilemma for $17 dollars so it's all good since Zero Time is now $25 dollars. Got both for under $20 so I guess not bad for two games that were released last year.

Criminal Girls 2 Update:

I stayed on NORMAL, and got through a few bosses that people complain about the most. I don't think the grind is unreasonable at all, the spot where I grind now offers sufficient XP. Now at level 32, it seems that the game can be beat at 39, so plan to get to 35 before proceeding, and hopefully by the time I hit the final boos I will near 40.

Criminal Girls 2 Update:

I stayed on NORMAL, and got through a few bosses that people complain about the most. I don't think the grind is unreasonable at all, the spot where I grind now offers sufficient XP. Now at level 32, it seems that the game can be beat at 39, so plan to get to 35 before proceeding, and hopefully by the time I hit the final boos I will near 40.
What you think of the game? I find it to be meh -1 or so. Story sucks....battle system is alright. Sessions are extremely repetitive. Last few bosses do so many status ailments you need to use the girls that have immunity to those. I think i beat the game around level 45 I think. This was beating the game 7 times...and then you get more like the first. I still need to beat it 6 more times for the platinum. Frankly I dislike the game and rate it around a 6/10. Seems like a step down from the first one story and character wise at least.

So off topic, but does anyone have an imported 64gb memory card and how is it working for you? Mine was acting up a few months ago and I had to go through multiple formats and database rebuilds and then it seemed fine. So last night I fire up a game from the backlog and it keeps crashing on me and it seems to be doing what it did a few months ago again. Is this common for some of you? Or is my card screwed? I really don't want to import another memory card cause of the price. But if worse comes to worse I want to snag one before Sony stops producing them.

I have a 64 gig....no problems so far. I do keep my system on standby. Running older Vita. Copy all my saves to PS+ all the time to be safe. Various people on the thread have had problems.....guess i'm just lucky so far.

So off topic, but does anyone have an imported 64gb memory card and how is it working for you? Mine was acting up a few months ago and I had to go through multiple formats and database rebuilds and then it seemed fine. So last night I fire up a game from the backlog and it keeps crashing on me and it seems to be doing what it did a few months ago again. Is this common for some of you? Or is my card screwed? I really don't want to import another memory card cause of the price. But if worse comes to worse I want to snag one before Sony stops producing them.
I've had mine since February 2014, and never had any issues. Try deleting the game that is causing you trouble, and download it again.

My 64gb works fine. I once had an issue with getting an error when trying to start games, but I'm not sure if that was the card or not. After I reformatted it everything has worked since.

Thanks everyone. I'll reinstall the game when I get home from work and cross my fingers. Last time this happened I tried rebuilding the database and almost all my game icons disappeared and most games wouldn't launch. Thankfully I have the PS+ cloud saves and content manager on my PC with save game back ups. But I have this sinking feeling I may need a new card. I bought it over a year ago on Amazon from a 3rd party and now I don't see them in my purchase history. Think I'll go with Play-Asia next time. Ugh.

What you think of the game? I find it to be meh -1 or so. Story sucks....battle system is alright. Sessions are extremely repetitive. Last few bosses do so many status ailments you need to use the girls that have immunity to those. I think i beat the game around level 45 I think. This was beating the game 7 times...and then you get more like the first. I still need to beat it 6 more times for the platinum. Frankly I dislike the game and rate it around a 6/10. Seems like a step down from the first one story and character wise at least.
TO OTHERS:

NOT REALLY SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU PLAYED THE FIRST CG OR FOLLOW THE CG SERIES TO SOME EXTENT, BUT IF YOU ARE ANAL ABOUT THOSE TYPES OF DISCUSSIONS, THEN DO NOT READ.

I would be biased here since I am a big fan of the first installment. I enjoyed the second one equally, mainly due to the uniqueness of the battle system. The story will always be girls finding their "inner peace" and reforming, so I didn't expect anything there (I can spell it out before the game even begins: girl has troubles but won't open up to the instructor, and then will awkwardly/hastily turn sunnyside from some bullshit trigger item and become close with her teammates, whoopdy-fucking-doo. At least this development of team spirit is better than Suicide Squad) and as far as I remember story-wise it is same flavor as the first one. The girls' character trait settings are typical anime tropes, but I'm a sucker for those, and I am in love with Sui. She acts and looks similar to Kirigiri from Danganronpa and is exactly my type, god damn.

Also, most importantly, I played the game in intervals, switching between Zelda and CG2. When I play anything that is remotely grindy, especially Japanese DRPGs, I make sure to interleave it with a more action-oriented game. Same goes with VNs, last I interleaved Code: Realize and Tiny Troopers, and I beat both of those simultaneously.

So off topic, but does anyone have an imported 64gb memory card and how is it working for you?
Not sure that's actually off topic... it falls into the "Discussions" part of the thread. I have a 64gb card (Asia version). Like nitrosmob, I keep my system in standby pretty much all of the time. No issues at all on my Vita 2000 with the current firmware.

I think what other people are saying is correct. One of the recent installed games (or updates) is probably the issue. I hope you can figure it out.

Not sure that's actually off topic... it falls into the "Discussions" part of the thread. I have a 64gb card (Asia version). Like nitrosmob, I keep my system in standby pretty much all of the time. No issues at all on my Vita 2000 with the current firmware.

I think what other people are saying is correct. One of the recent installed games (or updates) is probably the issue. I hope you can figure it out.
That did the trick. I have noticed, at least with my memory card, that if I download a game and just let it sit in my backlog and not launch it right away there is a higher chance it will give me an error.

How has no one posted this here yet!?

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/844994923363532802

How has no one posted this here yet!?

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/844994923363532802
7b21a117f41bb252e1d9e169032c7d51f7a9d28b_hq.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted but Exist Archive : Other Side Of The Sky for vita is down to $12.24 new on AMZ. Don't know anything about the game but I ordered one because I pretty much order any vita game that hits a price that low for a new copy. Link

O_O And in other news of things you never thought possible...

BEST BUY now has PQube Vita games available through the website. Gamers Club discount for the win!  :bouncy:

lmao those Biden and Snoop dog pictures are hilarious. and I'm surprised that was the weirdest thing snoop signed, i would imagine itd be weirder stuff like a dildough bong withe his face on it or something.

Nonary Games is sold out on Best Buy. This is what I guess for wavering so much on it. I guess I'll just get it in PSN.
It's still early - I wouldn't be surprised if it came back in stock. Happened with Trails of Cold Steel 2, Zero Time Dilemma, and Toukiden 2, among others.

If I make a Japanese PSN account and purchase PS Plus on that account, do I get free Japanese region games just like I would get free US region games every month?

EDIT: And if I could, can I download US region & Japanese region games to the same device? Such as downloaded US games, signing out of my US account and signing into my JAP account, then downloading the JAP PS Plus games to the same device.

bread's done
Back