PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished up World of Final Fantasy. I gotta say it was pretty damn boring. Playing some Persona Dancing now to liven things up a little.

I really think a Rose in the Twilight might be one of the rarest physical Vita games. There's not many on eBay and it hasn't went back in stock on the site.

I really think a Rose in the Twilight might be one of the rarest physical Vita games. There's not many on eBay and it hasn't went back in stock on the site.
The US physical version is probably rarer. The game is under a different spelling in Japan/China/Korea, each country has own set of trophies:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/rose-to-tasogare-no-kojou/overview/

The US version is:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/a-rose-in-the-twilight/overview/

We're coming up near the end of the Vita lifecycle I think, so I'm guessing physical releases could become rare....course it's speculation. Anytime it's a NISA store exclusive game I try to order those.

The official "lifecycle" is ten years, putting it way out to 2022. I don't doubt it could stick around until then in Japan and Southeastern Asia, but the shameful lack of market presence and advertising for the system on the parts of SCEA and Sony's European division has woefully devitalized market share for the system in said major market regions, in other words Sony has shot themselves in the foot.

Summon Night 6 released got pushed back to May 23, 2017. I am also waiting. Funny story, I preordered PS4 wonderful edition but what I really wanted was the Vita version. A week later Gainjinworks annouces a wonderful edition for Vita. And on top of that, preorders were closing out when I ordered PS4 version only to have them extend preorders by another month!

All in all I have both PS4 and Vita versions preordered but man Gainjinworks really tests your patience. Or I don't preorder every Japanese "limited edition" that comes out. 😂

I'm gonna wait to see how SN6 plays on the vita. Since I have both the vita and ps4 now I have options and I won't get it on the vita if it plays poorly.

The US physical version is probably rarer. The game is under a different spelling in Japan/China/Korea, each country has own set of trophies:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/rose-to-tasogare-no-kojou/overview/

The US version is:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/a-rose-in-the-twilight/overview/
In response to one of the previous threads where someone said "A Rose In The Twilight" hasn't gone back in stock, that seems to only be partly true.

If you go to the NIS America page and search for it, then yes - it appears to be out of stock.

However, if you do a google search on the string "a rose in the twilight vita" the first search result takes you to the NIS America page, and the game can be ordered. Strange, I know - but I place an order without a problem, and I got a shipping notice.

Hopefully this helps someone get it before it's too late!

If anyone wants a physical version Dragon Builders is on sale at Play Asia... debating if it will go cheaper...

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-builders-alefgard-o-fukkatsu-seyo-english/13/70ah4z
I recently got it from them when they had the $5 off code, and free shipping. This will probably go out of stock before it gets any lower, so if you want it, now is probably the time. PA does have better sales from time to time, but it's normally on older inventory that sits for awhile, and not so much for popular titles like this.

In response to one of the previous threads where someone said "A Rose In The Twilight" hasn't gone back in stock, that seems to only be partly true.

If you go to the NIS America page and search for it, then yes - it appears to be out of stock.

However, if you do a google search on the string "a rose in the twilight vita" the first search result takes you to the NIS America page, and the game can be ordered. Strange, I know - but I place an order without a problem, and I got a shipping notice.

Hopefully this helps someone get it before it's too late!
It didn't work for me. I was probably too late :(

I was curious is there any deals on psp vita console or stores that still sell it new? Or should I just get playstation tv to play vita games?

I know psp vita is not being made anymore, but was wondering.
not a deal but estarland still seems to have new vita slims in stock tho they are expensive at 219.99

I picked up Minecraft Vita on clearance at Walmart. Looking online, it seems that the code expired at the end of March. Has anyone tried to redeem the code since then? Does it still work, or should I just return the game without opening it?

Code will probably still work. I have successfully redeemed codes that were a year past the marked offer expiration date without issue.

Code will probably still work. I have successfully redeemed codes that were a year past the marked offer expiration date without issue.
Yeah, Sony's pretty good about those codes, as I've used many as well after the fact, with a high success rate. Now "N" codes, forget it, once the date is reached, they are done.

I've let my Vita go by the way-side and haven't shown it much love except for playing FFXIV:ARR through the remote play. Trying to revive the life of this little gem (despite the hate it gets from the gaming community) which games should I start with? I am trying to start a collection of those games and have found someone willing to sell me Trails of Cold Steel, FFX/X-2, Tales of Hearts R, and Person 4 Golden for $60... Is this a steal?

I've let my Vita go by the way-side and haven't shown it much love except for playing FFXIV:ARR through the remote play. Trying to revive the life of this little gem (despite the hate it gets from the gaming community) which games should I start with? I am trying to start a collection of those games and have found someone willing to sell me Trails of Cold Steel, FFX/X-2, Tales of Hearts R, and Person 4 Golden for $60... Is this a steal?
This looks about the right price to me - not exactly an exhilirating deal. All good choices though, have fun !

I would say that's a great deal. Just keep in mind FFX-2 is a code and make sure it hasn't been redeemed already. But yeah, if they are all in box and mint then go for it.

I guess it's cheaper than getting it from gamestop and it comes with the box art and all the included artwork, etc.
That makes it a great deal in my opinion.

Nova-111 + Soundtrack CD bundle sold out stupid fast this morning! Was at work during the evening round 2 sale, but guessing that was likely a repeat of this morning as well. Anyone get Period Cube today?

That makes it a great deal in my opinion.

Nova-111 + Soundtrack CD bundle sold out stupid fast this morning! Was at work during the evening round 2 sale, but guessing that was likely a repeat of this morning as well. Anyone get Period Cube today?
Oh didn't even realize Period Cube was today. For some reason I didn't think it came out till June/July lol. My preorder is preparing. Says I won't get it till May 5th (best buy).

So with yesterday's release of Period Cube we are at 199 physical US releases?  Is Nova 111 going to be #200 or is there something else coming out next week?  Vita is the little engine that could.  Can't believe there are more titles than the WiiU given how long ago Sony abandoned it.

So with yesterday's release of Period Cube we are at 199 physical US releases? Is Nova 111 going to be #200 or is there something else coming out next week? Vita is the little engine that could. Can't believe there are more titles than the WiiU given how long ago Sony abandoned it.
3rd Parties....I mean last Sony studios game was Oreshika.

If anyone plays Period Cube can you give impressions? I generally don't play Otome but play the higher quality ones like Code:Realize.

So with yesterday's release of Period Cube we are at 199 physical US releases? Is Nova 111 going to be #200 or is there something else coming out next week? Vita is the little engine that could. Can't believe there are more titles than the WiiU given how long ago Sony abandoned it.
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/the_vita_r1_checklist.pdf

If one wanted to get super technical, you could say we're at 199 physical game cartridge releases. So whatever the next game to come out will be the technical game cart release #200 for Region 1. But going on physical releases in general, Friday took us to 201 R1 physical releases. Where this gets fun is that the next known release date is Tuesday, May 16th, which has three games slated for release on that day:

Akiba's Beat (5/16) - XSeed/Marvelous
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (5/16) - Idea Factory
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (5/16) - Nippon Ichi Software America

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if LRG were to sneak in another release on May 12th though.

Hey bud great list! I used this a lot since I am going for a complete NA PS Vita physical collection. I noticed you are missing one game by LRG. It is Runner2 3/17/17 Limited Run Games Exclusive (3500). Not sure if I am just not seeing it.
Check under the letter "B" entries.

I have beenplaying Dungeon Travelers 2 and it is a good game featuring quality game play. You need a fairly high tolerance for "fan service" as this game is nearly ruined by it.

Considering it started off as a spin-off to an H-game, it's actually pretty tame.

It's a fanservice dungeon crawler that happens to be a very competent dungeon crawler, not the other way around.

bread's done
Back