PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Still holding out hope that more copies of Rose in the Twilight end up in stock from NIS. Still beating myself up that I forgot to pre-order it and I've been resisting paying a scalper 50 bucks for the standard edition or 90 for the limited edition on Ebay for the past several weeks.
Make sure you subscribe to the the Prinny Bomb Newsletter, as NISA e-mails out will send out information concerning special sale re-stocks a day or so before they happen. If my memory serves correctly, they did have a re-stock sale sometime during the summer last year. And they usually have either a Black Friday or Cyber Monday final inventory sale for past releases, but those tend to sell out in a mere couple of hours tops.

With those pretty simple looking graphics thought it would be good for the Vita...i'll get it when it goes on sale sometime (something tells me it's not going to sell well).
It's a XSeed published title and is being released (published) for the European market by PQube, meaning very low export demand for this title. Both of those factors bode well for it to receive a price drop by Christmas time.

Any Vita hopes for E3? I'm hoping for a release of SaGa scarlet Grace in the west. 13 sentinels will be there already confirmed.

Probably gloss over the Vita like they do every year.
This^, and then some. LOL

I think last year, one guy brought one on stage, and they did have a few titles that where of decency, but that was it. Considering how my local GS have removed the Vita from their PS4 demo display, and some stores have even removed the Vita game section altogether. I'm not expecting anything mind bending. Hell, the system is pretty much a discontinued item in the US.

We'll see stuff like Shakedown Hawaii, and other games that may getting near release, that where announced awhile ago. And we may get some cross buy titles that will be promoted for the PS4, and the Vita may get as well, but as far as any major new titles, I expect a big fat goose egg, like all the years gone by. But I would love to be surprised by something cool.

My 64GB card finally bit the dust (after a year of intermittent problems).  I had it for a little over 2 years.

Should I try another 64 or go with 2 32s?  Has anyone had a 64GB, used regularly for a few years, that hasn't had problems?  I'm just tired of having to format the card and re-download close to 60GB of data every few months.

My 64GB card finally bit the dust (after a year of intermittent problems). I had it for a little over 2 years.

Should I try another 64 or go with 2 32s? Has anyone had a 64GB, used regularly for a few years, that hasn't had problems? I'm just tired of having to format the card and re-download close to 60GB of data every few months.
I've had my 64GB card for a good long time, and not a single issue. I leave my unit in sleep mode occasionally as well, and haven't had a problem. I also never use the memory manager program, as it has never worked properly for me, so I pretty much filled my card ages ago, and only really delete LRG releases I buy, then I'll add some flash sale digital games to fill back up.

I've seen several here who have had issues, but after a formatting, some have had the problems stop, while others like yourself, seem to have ongoing issues. I would for recommend a new 64GB card, or two of the 32GB ones as you suggested, as having to re-download that many games on a regular basis, has to suck big time.

My 64GB card finally bit the dust (after a year of intermittent problems). I had it for a little over 2 years.

Should I try another 64 or go with 2 32s? Has anyone had a 64GB, used regularly for a few years, that hasn't had problems? I'm just tired of having to format the card and re-download close to 60GB of data every few months.
My 64gb card (purchased from superufo,com) crapped out once on me. It was about 3/4 full, but wouldn't let me download any new games. When I checked the card in the System Settings app, it couldn't report the total size or remaining space for the card, so I assumed it was corrupted. I reformatted it when that happened, and it's been ok since. I never leave my Vita in sleep mode anymore, just shut it down when not in use.

Having said that, I really don't trust this size of Vita memory card anymore. If I were you, I'd just buy a couple 32gb cards to be safe. I have two 32gb cards (one in another Vita, one in my PSTV), and never had a problem with them. The 64gb card seems to have problems with corruption, pretty disappointed that Sony never fixed the issue.

The 64gb card seems to have problems with corruption, pretty disappointed that Sony never fixed the issue.
Yeah, Sony sucks big time in regards to Vita issues. For years, I had an issue where I would always get error messages when trying to download things from PSN. I never found a proper work around, or anything that worked 100% of the time. I would just have to keep trying until the download finally took, and then wait on rather slow download issues on top of that.

It wasn't until they did an update, where it became a widespread issue for others, did they finally address the issue, and then it still took ages to get fixed. I know it's unlikely we ever see another handheld from Sony, or even a Vita 3000 model, but if they ever do, regular micro SD would be the way to go. But since Sony lives and dies by their proprietary formats, that's a pipe dream no matter how you want to look at it(them offering a new handheld, or them actually using standard memory).

EDIT: I still love my Vita though, in spite of Sony's rather abysmal treatment from the start.

No problems with my 64gb card on my Vita 2000.  I leave mine in sleep mode constantly.  I hardly ever actually shut the handheld down.  I'm up to date on the latest firmware.  I leave on the cloud backup too so it checks and updates saves.  I use the content manager from time to time to clean it up and remove old games I no longer want to play... but I also delete games from the regular system UI as well.

When I bought mine I think the Japan ones had higher failure reports and the Asia version were recommended.  So I was sure when I bought mine on Amazon to get the Asia version.

Personally, I think if I start having problems with my 64gb card, I'd probably just go back to my original 8gb card and get over the idea of having a ton of games installed.

Any Vita hopes for E3? I'm hoping for a release of SaGa scarlet Grace in the west. 13 sentinels will be there already confirmed.
I imagine Vita's coverage to go like this.

Reporter: Does Sony have any Vita games to show on the E3 show floor?

Andrew House (SIE CEO): Hmmm, Vita. Why does that name sounds familiar? Can you tell me what that is?

I imagine Vita's coverage to go like this.

Reporter: Does Sony have any Vita games to show on the E3 show floor?

Andrew House (SIE CEO): Hmmm, Vita. Why does that name sounds familiar? Can you tell me what that is?
That doesn't stop Square Enix from announcing something

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Receives Western Release Date; Includes Pillowcase

6pvouv.jpg

Do you use it with the 1000 or 2000? I've heard that the 64gb is less likely to/hasn't failed when using it with the vita slim.

E3 Prediction: Surprise Vita 2 announcement. Compatible with PS4 digital titles. Comes with proper L2/R2 & L3/R3 buttons. $350

Drugs are a hell of a drug

E3 Prediction: Surprise Vita 2 announcement. Compatible with PS4 digital titles. Comes with proper L2/R2 & L3/R3 buttons. $350

Sony is DONE with Handle! PSP & VITA is huge turn down. I'll not buy 3rd handle from SONY. I still buy vita games till no one support vita no more.

I'm sure most of us would buy another handheld. I don't see the Vita having legs too much further...same as the 3DS though the Vita will have slightly longer legs.

Yes, yes they are! LOL

The Vita was a HUGE missed opportunity for Sony, as the remote play feature could have been a HUGE selling point, that was pretty much swept under the rug and left to die.

While I think a new proper handheld could be successful, Sony is their own worst enemy in much of what they do. To now bring out something, it would probably mimic the NS, and while the NS wasn't first in what it offers, it was the first highly promoted item that has the features that it does. So any new handheld from Sony, would look like a "move" style effort, that probably would never see much support.

So while I think a device that could run 1:1 with PS4 titles would be amazing, Sony seems to be much like "N", in that they have next to no ability to properly support and advertise two separate systems at once. So unless the new handheld, was the PS4 mini or something along those lines, I see little chance of them continuing in the handheld sector, which is rather sad, as their last two handhelds where great devices, that I still use daily(minus those stupid ass memory cards of course).

I would like to see Vita Exclusive games being made. Not the ones that have a PS4 version. PS4 has been taking Vita titles and that explains that Sony is only concentrating on the PS4. Long live the Vita.

Odd, Signature Edition has removed the listing for the upcoming Vita game they were going to publish. Not sure if that means the publishing deal soured with the developer or if it has been bumped off so far into the future that they pulled the listing so people would stop asking them about the release date.

So Oceanhorn releases today but is no longer crossbuy. Really happy I bought it for the PS4 a few months back on sale and have no intention of playing it on the PS4. :(
At least you're probably able to play the game you bought. I bought Pier Solar on sale because there was supposed to be a Vita version coming. I don't have a PS3.

Almost done with Exist Archive.... yeah, this one can get a hard pass by anyone interested. I'd almost prefer playing World of Final Fantasy over this.

Are these Signature Edition games physical copies of games? It's my first time hearing about SE. Are they like LRG and Special Reserve Games? Damn I'm confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
yeah.. seems to be new players in the physical market

Are these Signature Edition games physical copies of games? It's my first time hearing about SE. Are they like LRG and Special Reserve Games? Damn I'm confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes, but they are a European publisher publishing games in Europe.

Has Summon Night 6 release date changed? As Amazon now shows June 27th... could not find anything about it changing

Has Summon Night 6 release date changed? As Amazon now shows June 27th... could not find anything about it changing

It was delayed....who knows if that is the true date yet though.
https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/864937350983331840

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/856570198874177536

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/864899523004334081

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/858055647924953088

Somewhere buried in the GaijinWorks tweets June 27th is mentioned as the current targeted launch date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 2nd Quarter
Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours (6/23)
Deemo: The Last Recital (6/9)
Farming Simulator 18 (6/6)
God Wars: Future Past (6/20)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (5/16)
Risk of Rain (5/26)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (6/27)
Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (5/23)
- 3rd Quarter
Collar X Malice (7/28)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (7/25)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (July)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (9/5)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (4th Quarter)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (4th Quarter)
Ys Origin (TBA)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (TBA / Fall)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

For those that do not have Trails of Cold Steel 2 for the Vita, Amazon has it for under $23. Earth Defense Force 2 is also $18 as well. Grabbed Cold Steel 2 but I already have EDF. Not sure if Cold Steel 2 will drop more but EDF 2 might.  

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Heroes-Trails-Cold-Steel-PlayStation/dp/B01D014G9Q/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495571934&sr=8-1&keywords=trails+of+cold+steel

https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-Invaders-Planet-PlayStation/dp/B00YMIQTFG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495572033&sr=8-3&keywords=earth+defense+force

Is it just me or is Odin Sphere for Vita more difficult to find now? Only 1 gamestop in my area has a "new" copy which is opened, I called.
Yes Odin Sphere for both Vita and PS4 has gone up in price from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Gamestop is probably the place to get the game since not sure when Amazon will have it in stock. Got my used Vita copy 2 months ago for $23 from Gamestop. I have seen more PS4 copies at Gamestop but Vita version might be harder to find as maybe do to short print.

bread's done
Back