PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought RoR pretty recently during one of those flash sales, and just never got around to playing it, so getting the physical was not a problem for me. For a lot of those who have played it, most don't appear to interested in playing it again, so that all may be a factor.

This seemed like one of the more popular titles LRG has released so far, but it can also be had very cheap, and the replay interest doesn't seem that high for most, so who knows? As others have stated, the file size for this is also very small, so getting it physical to save on space was a non issue as well.

I think if it would have released sooner, before LRG started offering so many more titles, it may have sold much faster. Other vendors have gotten in to the mix, which may start to affect the numbers sold at LRG. Many here have stated how they are now skipping titles, and waiting on bigger and more popular offerings, so RoR might also be a casualty of that as well. I know if I was doing PS4 games, I would have to think long and hard on which titles to get, as those are coming way to often. I can barely keep up on the Vita side, but at some point soon, that will begin to trail off, just because the system is near it's end.

This does make me wonder how big the runs will be for games like Cosmic Star or Broken Age? As those are big name titles, that also have bigger file sizes, and pretty high interest from the masses.

Yep, 28% Vita and 29% PS4 as of this writing. They set the production numbers high for this release at 4k each, but it always depends on the games themselves. I bought one for each platform, hopefully it will sell out in the near future.
doesn't surprise me...whether it's a good game or not, it's not something I would care more about if it were physical.

Best Buy has Toukiden 2 for $29.99 / $23.99: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toukiden-2-ps-vita/5772900.p?skuId=5772900

Tempted to wait for <=$20, but I don't trust Vita stock to remain like I do with other platforms.
Every Vita owner should buy this game. I'm, playing through it right now (almost finished) and it's excellent. I love playing a big game like this on the go, and besides a slight compromise in graphic fidelity in the environments, I think the Vita version is the same as the PS4 version. But it still looks great on the Vita.

Every Vita owner should buy this game. I'm, playing through it right now (almost finished) and it's excellent. I love playing a big game like this on the go, and besides a slight compromise in graphic fidelity in the environments, I think the Vita version is the same as the PS4 version. But it still looks great on the Vita.
What is it like? Seems a little like MH?

So is Toukiden like MH or Soul Sacrifice / Freedom Wars? I highly enjoy Soul Sacrifice's gameplay over traditional Monster Hunter.

God Eater looks more like Soul Sacrifice, from gameplay I've seen.

I can't stand Monster Hunter, and while you do traverse the world to beat specific, larger beasts, the game feels more like a straight Action-Adventure game with RPG elements to me. Actually, in that regard, it feels more like Xenoblade Chronicles without the character leveling system and deep weapon and armor system. 

I actual enjoyed the story and characters more than the gameplay. Great writing, subplots, and social commentary. 

I bought RoR pretty recently during one of those flash sales, and just never got around to playing it, so getting the physical was not a problem for me. For a lot of those who have played it, most don't appear to interested in playing it again, so that all may be a factor.

This seemed like one of the more popular titles LRG has released so far, but it can also be had very cheap, and the replay interest doesn't seem that high for most, so who knows? As others have stated, the file size for this is also very small, so getting it physical to save on space was a non issue as well.

I think if it would have released sooner, before LRG started offering so many more titles, it may have sold much faster. Other vendors have gotten in to the mix, which may start to affect the numbers sold at LRG. Many here have stated how they are now skipping titles, and waiting on bigger and more popular offerings, so RoR might also be a casualty of that as well. I know if I was doing PS4 games, I would have to think long and hard on which titles to get, as those are coming way to often. I can barely keep up on the Vita side, but at some point soon, that will begin to trail off, just because the system is near it's end.

This does make me wonder how big the runs will be for games like Cosmic Star or Broken Age? As those are big name titles, that also have bigger file sizes, and pretty high interest from the masses.
Broken Age physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita. Limited to 4,500 copies available worldwide. Region free. Same print run for the PS4 version. Interestingly no word yet on the print run for Deemo, which is still allegedly going to go up for sale on the same day, June 9th.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/862793617705979904

Broken Age physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita. Limited to 4,500 copies available worldwide. Region free. Same print run for the PS4 version. Interestingly no word yet on the print run for Deemo, which is still allegedly going to go up for sale on the same day, June 9th.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/862793617705979904
Mmmmm, 4,500 sounds about right. I think that should do OK.

i think they should just do 4k max on any games. lower than that is fine.
I think that's probably a good idea for now, to keep their brand desirable it needs to be desirable and sell out fast. Even if it means some people don't get the game. Honestly I've been just saying F it to a lot of the PS4 LRG releases lately unless it is something I really want.

But of course it's more difficult than they could ever possibly predict how many they should make. Even with experience. Obviously they can use a little data to determine just how much relevance a game has. But at any random time, a big Youtuber or other strong media influence with a couple million viewers could make the difference between a 5 minute sellout and a 24 hour sellout.

Interest in the concept is waning. I've seen many folks dumping all their LRG stuff. I think too many releases and too many copies. I'll get crucified for saying it as usual but I believe it's obvious.

Interest in the concept is waning. I've seen many folks dumping all their LRG stuff. I think too many releases and too many copies. I'll get crucified for saying it as usual but I believe it's obvious.
Plus, there's competition now. Play-Asia, Signature Edition, etc.

I'll continue to buy the titles I'm interested in, but I was never planning on going for a full set. If they inflate in value and pay for my retirement that'd be super cool and all, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, I still want a full Vita set. But sometimes I'm not really happy about the releases. It's just for completion. Then with the PS4, I wanted to grab those initially, just in case, for later. But I've been really losing interest in the releases as this whole "limited run" game trend increases. It's like, "buy this piece of shit now or if you ever decide to later, pay even further up the ass for it." Not really saying they are shit but, just, sometimes more than not they aren't really collector pieces or even games you want to pay full price for.

Stopped by my local Gamestop and saw that they had a preowned copy of Odin Sphere, so I decided to pick it up, When I got home I started to take the stickers off the case and saw that it was actually a new sticker under the preowned sticker, so either they are converting Odin Sphere from new to used or someone bought a gutted copy and never took the sticker off. 

I'm waiting on Salt and Sanctuary. I'll prolly get both versions and soundtrack if offered. Not excited about any other announced titles.

I posted the price for these two games a few days ago but they have gone down in price a little bit. If anyone wants to get Earth Defense Force 2 or Trails of Cold Steel 2, they are $15 to $20 right now. They may drop in price or go up, not sure. Just wanted everyone to know as it is better priced than at Gamestop for used copies. 

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Heroes-Trails-Cold-Steel-PlayStation/dp/B01D014G9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496076379&sr=8-1&keywords=trails%2Bof%2Bcold%2Bsteel&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-Invaders-Planet-PlayStation/dp/B00YMIQTFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496076553&sr=8-1&keywords=earth+defense+force+2 

Stopped by my local Gamestop and saw that they had a preowned copy of Odin Sphere, so I decided to pick it up, When I got home I started to take the stickers off the case and saw that it was actually a new sticker under the preowned sticker, so either they are converting Odin Sphere from new to used or someone bought a gutted copy and never took the sticker off.
it came out earlier this year that gamestop had changed its business policy it wanted its employess to follow which was fan friendly, i knew a good manager that when this started a year or two ago, wasnt compliant with it and him and a bunch of other regional employess started looking for new jobs, its a shame since they're were good people who treated customers well and wasnt pushing used or in ur face can i help you crap..anyways one of the policy changes was that unless you preorder, after about a week, they immediately open all new games from the wrapping in prep for when they need to be moved to used, was pissed when i went in to pickup a new game to find out they sell it as new even though its unpackaged so you dont know if it was used or not

Plus, there's competition now. Play-Asia, Signature Edition, etc.

I'll continue to buy the titles I'm interested in, but I was never planning on going for a full set. If they inflate in value and pay for my retirement that'd be super cool and all, but I'm not counting on it.
should have bought a bunch of those neptunia ce's if you wanted to do that since they went for what 400+?

Find the games now because like most others have said, some stores have taken the games off of their shelves and if you are looking for Vita games, you have to ask them at the cashier. Thing that sucks is you don't know if they have the art cover with the case for the game you're looking for. Ask them to print out a list of what they have for Vita games. The list should tell you if they have more than one copy of a game or not as well. The price for Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R has gone up, but you can find Persona 4 new online for cheaper. One of the Gamestop in my area replaced their Vita shelf section with some big box guitar thing that didn't seem interesting. I wasn't too pleased with that but what can we do.

Find the games now because like most others have said, some stores have taken the games off of their shelves and if you are looking for Vita games, you have to ask them at the cashier. Thing that sucks is you don't know if they have the art cover with the case for the game you're looking for. Ask them to print out a list of what they have for Vita games. The list should tell you if they have more than one copy of a game or not as well. The price for Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Hearts R has gone up, but you can find Persona 4 new online for cheaper. One of the Gamestop in my area replaced their Vita shelf section with some big box guitar thing that didn't seem interesting. I wasn't too pleased with that but what can we do.
Just got into the Vita "scene" and have to say I guess I'm lucky because my Gamestops have a wide variety of Vita games still on the shelves (most of them with original case). Some have better stock then others but nonetheless they still have a nice selection.

???  Should I even try to google that?  I'm guessing by black label its some kinda ps1 game?

It's a black label brand of ramen, apparently its pretty good. I dont know my ramen though

I need to play more Vita games to be weeb enough to understand

SIPxNRk.jpg

It's amazing. Well worth the $2 each.

Re: Vita shelf space

My local gamestop moved all  New and used PS3/Xbox360/Wii/Vita to some middle shelves that used to be ThinkGeek things. Prior to that it was just an endcap. I think they pulled out all the duplicate game cases for a final sell through.

SIPxNRk.jpg

It's amazing. Well worth the $2 each.
You know what's up. Gaming on my Vita and eating ramen is our version of Dorritos + COD.

It's just so expensive compare to the bulk ramen that I normally buy from Nissin. I only break one out in special occasions.

Best Buy is now Sold Out of Toukiden 2.
Well shit.. I was going to buy it later today with some other stuff I found to group together for free shipping.

Oh well, it's my fault for waiting too long. At least it's still available on amazon, too bad no 20% off though

Just a heads up, but Deemo is confirmed to be released next Friday along with Broken Age, so for those who had been waiting for the release date, get ready! :D

Deemo digital version MSRP $14.99.  So Physical version will be MSRP $24.99.  I don't care much broken age but i sure pick up Deemo on the 9th

I got a 64gb memory card yesterday. Put games on it and I'm already full. Had to delete a few things.

Now here's hoping it doesn't fail on me.

bread's done
Back