PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
cd2TQVP.gif
Damn, you might want to attach a seizure warning to that GIF! LOL

Nothing like editing your posts to fix the mistakes rather than owning up to it.
Anyway my point was that the variant covers aren't a big problem unless you're a diehard collector who simply must have every variant of all North American games. The vast majority of collectors aren't obsessed with "complete" collections, those people are only a tiny minority.

im with ya. mine went from 11 titles i think in july 2015 to over 100 now. its kinda crazy and i cannot explain why i keep buying them
Yea. I think about how much money I spent. D; Two sections of that is almost all LRG stuff too.

And then we have Axiom Verge and Velocity coming in October. :lol: And I haven't even gotten around to buying the JPN titles.

I hope some of these are being played heh. I am somewhat impressed by collections, but then I learn how little is played...and I'm like yeah I know that feeling and feel a bit sadder overall.

I try to play em. That's all I can tell you. lol. I just finished Dengeki Bunko. I need to return to Macross Delta Scramble and the Adventure Time game. 

But I understand what you're saying. My backlog is insane. I generally keep my games sealed until I decide to play em. 

I'm clearing out my Vita collection... just a few games left to get rid of. Only keeping stuff I regularly play. Ended up with way too many I had hoarded. Down to two LRG titles to move, and a few normal releases... almost there! Now I just need to replace Rainbow Moon with a PS4 copy.

I'm clearing out my Vita collection... just a few games left to get rid of. Only keeping stuff I regularly play. Ended up with way too many I had hoarded. Down to two LRG titles to move, and a few normal releases... almost there! Now I just need to replace Rainbow Moon with a PS4 copy.
if you wanna pm what you have left, id be interested in the regular stuff as i have all the LRG games on vita

I try to play em. That's all I can tell you. lol. I just finished Dengeki Bunko. I need to return to Macross Delta Scramble and the Adventure Time game.

But I understand what you're saying. My backlog is insane. I generally keep my games sealed until I decide to play em.
Problem with keeping them sealed is that they often go up in value by the time I get to play them. Then I need to buy a used copy or a digital copy.

So all of a sudden Odin Sphere is at nearly every gamestop near me. Either it's a giant coincendence or perhaps GS sent some out?

They probably realized it'd be easier to dump them in stores at that price than having a ton of stock of it never going anywhere online.

All the stores near me do have them in stock as well used, lol.

Sweet! I shall have to pick up a copy this week. There was a copy at a gaming convention I went to yesterday, $50 used, ouch! Needless to say I didn't bite.

I just want one copy of Ys Origin with the North American version on the cart. If LRG wasn't doing the game I'd be fine going with the Asia version. If the preorder art looks better I may opt for it, though usually I don't care that much about art since only the spine shows on my shelves anyway.

I agree with everyone else that the cover art for LRG's version of Ys Origin is fugly. I might preorder it if the variant is much better (it'd be hard to do worse honestly) rather than getting the CE. If the CE is gonna have ugly art, it defeats the point of getting it for me.

I like the cover with the tower, but not a big fan of the sides with the heads facing out. At least it's reversible :pray: Play Asia's cover is good too, but I still like the tower the most

Fixed! ;D
Actually the only JP games I'm keeping are Miku ones, the IA one, and EDF. All but the IA one are out here too, and I have their US releases too... just those games I never get rid of. I think all of the other JP stuff sold except Tales of R or whatever it is. I didn't even want that one, it was cheap at a local store though sooo... I got it because I have a problem with buying games that are cheap.

Fixed! ;D
Actually the only JP games I'm keeping are Miku ones, the IA one, and EDF. All but the IA one are out here too, and I have their US releases too... just those games I never get rid of. I think all of the other JP stuff sold except Tales of R or whatever it is. I didn't even want that one, it was cheap at a local store though sooo... I got it because I have a problem with buying games that are cheap.

So all of a sudden Odin Sphere is at nearly every gamestop near me. Either it's a giant coincendence or perhaps GS sent some out?
Don't forget, back in the day Gamestop used to reprint rare and sought after games and sell them as used. Back then you would be able to tell if there was a reprint by seeing a sudden influx of the formally hard to find title at every Gamestop in your local area. I believe there was even a news article about it (think they may have worked with VGP on the reprints). Anyway it wouldn't surprise me if they are now doing that with hard to find Vita titles, especially if they are selling them as used and jacking up the used price.

Don't forget, back in the day Gamestop used to reprint rare and sought after games and sell them as used. Back then you would be able to tell if there was a reprint by seeing a sudden influx of the formally hard to find title at every Gamestop in your local area. I believe there was even a news article about it (think they may have worked with VGP on the reprints). Anyway it wouldn't surprise me if they are now doing that with hard to find Vita titles, especially if they are selling them as used and jacking up the used price.
I'm pretty sure they still do this. Nier got a lot easier to find inside of GS after Nier: Automata released. Odin Sphere getting a reprint wouldn't surprise me.

On one hand it's kind of a crappy practice, on the other hand if they're still undercutting eBay scalpers I'm kind of okay with it. Copies of Odin Sphere were going for $60+ at one point, so GS just saved anyone trying to get a copy $20.

I would totally agree with this because it is rather odd that there is a increase in copies that can be found at GS and like Tothoro said its happened before (Dokapon Kingdom as well) but the thing that makes me think twice is that aren't a lot of GS eliminating Vita games? So why go through the effort of reprinting a game for a system they are not going to sell anymore?

Usually when a rare Vita game shows up across most GS stores used it's because they converted new games to used.  It certainly made more sense to do this if the new versions sold for less than the used copies.

That said, I remember when GS suddenly got a lot of Shinobido 2 instock new out of no where.  Like, every store in my area suddenly showed stock when they had previously had none.  So I think some reprintings happen.  Not sure this late in the game that is what's going on.

I would totally agree with this because it is rather odd that there is a increase in copies that can be found at GS and like Tothoro said its happened before (Dokapon Kingdom as well) but the thing that makes me think twice is that aren't a lot of GS eliminating Vita games? So why go through the effort of reprinting a game for a system they are not going to sell anymore?
They reprinted PS1 games long after everyone moved on.

They reprinted PS1 games long after everyone moved on.
There is a significant difference. The PS1 sold more than 100 million units. It had an absolutely massive install base, one of the largest in video game history. (it was eclipsed by its successor, the PS2, but it is still one of the most successful consoles ever) The Vita, by comparison, has one of the smallest install bases in video game history. Not THE smallest, but certainly on the lower end of the spectrum. The fact that games, and cartridges, no less, are still being produced for it is actually rather surprising.

Playing through Odin Sphere right now, late to the game I know but my Vita backlog is too large. I preordered it with GCU. This is easily one of my top three games on the Vita, joining the master ranks of P4G and Danganronpa. Without hesitation, I would list it higher than Dragon's Crown because Dragon's Crown is a tad bit too complex for the Vita, because the extra dimension of movement does make it too chaotic for the small screen imo.

I bought Odin Sphere when it finally got cheap enough to buy it (for a Vita game) and I finished it in June. Loved it. Can't wait for their next game to come out. 

I bought Odin Sphere when it finally got cheap enough to buy it (for a Vita game) and I finished it in June. Loved it. Can't wait for their next game to come out.
I got mine when Jet.com had a first time buyer promo. Got Rune Factory 4 and Odin Sphere for $20 each. Ironically it was slidecage that gave me the idea of ordering those..

I got mine when Jet.com had a first time buyer promo. Got Rune Factory 4 and Odin Sphere for $20 each. Ironically it was slidecage that gave me the idea of ordering those..
Ah, Jet.com promo. I bought the DS4 for $30. Came in handy after my original black DS4 just one day started to refuse to be charged via any sort of charging method.

Ah, Jet.com promo. I bought the DS4 for $30. Came in handy after my original black DS4 just one day started to refuse to be charged via any sort of charging method.
Did you reset the controller with a paper clip? There's a small hole at the bottom of the controller to reset it. I had the same issue and that fixed the problem.

Did you reset the controller with a paper clip? There's a small hole at the bottom of the controller to reset it. I had the same issue and that fixed the problem.
Yep, tried that. This occurred for my white DS4, and the reset button worked, the black DS4 just would not cooperate.

Anyone else notice that almost all of the Vita games on BestBuy.com have gone to either sold out or check store?

Would suck if this is not just a database connection issue as there are a few titles I was planning to order next month with the money I "save" from the Limited Run Games slowdown in September.

Anyone else notice that almost all of the Vita games on BestBuy.com have gone to either sold out or check store?

Would suck if this is not just a database connection issue as there are a few titles I was planning to order next month with the money I "save" from the Limited Run Games slowdown in September.
Best Buy doesn't have a Vita presence at all in stores. Also when you're searching for games, PS Vita doesn't come out as a main category until you go to the video games page. You need to order immediately there or likely not get it especially since so many Vita game are becoming nicher and nicher.

Best Buy doesn't have a Vita presence at all in stores. Also when you're searching for games, PS Vita doesn't come out as a main category until you go to the video games page. You need to order immediately there or likely not get it especially since so many Vita game are becoming nicher and nicher.
I see what you're saying but a couple of days ago nearly every Vita game was in stock for shipping at Best Buy. Now nearly every non preorder is either sold out or "check stores." And its not just the Vita games - a lot of older niche and lesser selling PS4 games suddenly went to OOS over the last couple days after being in stock forever. It seems kind of odd how so many titles went OOS at once. Its almost as if Best Buy just unloaded a bunch of their slow selling inventory to a liquidator. Hope it is just a mistake with their site's inventory, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Edit: Actually it looks like a lot of the OOS games came back in stock over the last few hours (including most of the Vita games) so perhaps, crisis averted. Probably was just a mistake with their inventory.

Muv Luv Alternative is finished. Here is the recent news from their Kickstarter.

They'll be focusing all their time on the Vita version now, which is good. Unlike a certain Publisher/Developer that keeps promising Vita and never doing it.

Hi everyone,
It's finally here, the visual novel everyone has been waiting for!
Muv-Luv Alternative will be up today on Steam, and coming soon this September, 2017!

However...

for every amazing backers who have been wondering “Alternative When?”, we're glad to announce that you can now play the game by grabbing your Steam codes from BackerKit!

Switching Gears to PS Vita release
Now that the major goal of the Kickstarter has been completed, we can now resume PS Vita development of the trilogy. We apologize again for the severe delays, and like we said before, we'll fully commit to them and will get most of the items in our checklist done before the year ends.

And here’s a message from the team:
"To all the Kickstarter backers who signed on to this project, thank you so much for your support and patience while waiting for this localization.
It’s thanks to all of YOU that this project was made possible! It’s been a long journey, and we are pleased to finally be able to bring you the official English release of Muv-Luv Alternative! The team has worked really hard for over a year to ensure that we give you the most fantastic experience for this amazing story that we possibly can, and we really hope you enjoy it!
We hope that you all have fun with this backer-exclusive BETA release! Please give us your feedback, and if you find any issues or bugs, do let us know at our community forums."
Cheers,
The Muv-Luv Team
They'll be focusing all their time on the Vita version now, which is good. Unlike a certain Publisher/Developer that keeps promising Vita and never doing it.

Local discount store has a new PSTV for $30, is it still worth it? I don't know what FW it has, whatever shipped with it I guess.

Is a memory card needed or does it have 1GB free space like the Slim?

Local discount store has a new PSTV for $30, is it still worth it? I don't know what FW it has, whatever shipped with it I guess.

Is a memory card needed or does it have 1GB free space like the Slim?
$30 Is a reasonable price for the system. It has 1GB of built-in memory. If a factory sealed unit it will have a firmware from nearly two years ago on it.

bread's done
Back