PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought bullet girls 1 when it released, i wouldn't compare its quality anywhere near senran kagura's.
the AI is painfully dumb, & the environments very static & basic. only a handful of enemy types. I only enjoyed the torture mini games.
i dont know if the sequel improved anything.
I bought Bullet Girls 2 last year when I was in Akiba but I haven't even opened it yet.

I should probably give it a try before the next one comes out

i bought bullet girls 1 when it released, i wouldn't compare its quality anywhere near senran kagura's.
the AI is painfully dumb, & the environments very static & basic. only a handful of enemy types. I only enjoyed the torture mini games.
i dont know if the sequel improved anything.
Didn't say the quality was the same. :p

Did anybody start playing DARIUS from the last sale?

In AC mode (Arcade mode?) The screen is cropped so much that I can't see anything, is this specific to the Vita?

Anyway, I started playing CS mode this morning and that seems to be the "real" game. An hour in, got to a boss that killed me once and I barely beat it the next time. Probably because my SHUMP skills are average at best. Hopefully it won't become near impossible towards the end.

I feel like this has been asked before, but is there any downside to getting a Japanese Import Vita, aside from the X and O buttons being swapped in the menu? I'm considering getting a White slim from Amazon, so I just want to make sure there isn't anything too sever to worry about.

I feel like this has been asked before, but is there any downside to getting a Japanese Import Vita, aside from the X and O buttons being swapped in the menu? I'm considering getting a White slim from Amazon, so I just want to make sure there isn't anything too sever to worry about.
No downside at all. Go for it.

Just got my CR Ys 8 Vita game, and it is fabulous. The bookends are quite nice on my shelf... but I had to removed several games from my jam packed shelf to place them on there. Might be a good idea to place them with all my Ys games once Ys Origin arrives. (when ever that is.)

Edit: some Downsides:

Large install size of 3.5 GB (and possible day one patch) this means 4GB memory cards are useless.

Steel Book on further inspection is for the PS4 version... not a Steel Vita case. (very odd to me.)

So make certain to put your book ends together during the DL, and try not to look at the art book too closely (Spoilers big(?maybe) and small abound even by page 6).

Edit2:

Odd that the box says that it requires 3.5 GB of space... when after installing the v1.01 and saving my game, the total size is about 90MB. (well within reason for a Vita game) If the size increases any more, I'll post about this again. (maybe that was the PS4 install size?, and they didn't check if the Vita version differed?)

The X/O issue really isn't one, as some US games swap the buttons anyway, and I've been importing PS games since the PS1 days, so I never even notice it. I've always had games that reverse them anyways, and if you play across multiple systems(Sony, MS & "N"), it really shouldn't be an issue for anyone really.

Any other issues of concern.......Yeah, I guess if finding them at retail, or actually having a selection of colors to choose from bothers you, then yeah, you may not want to import. LOL

All kidding aside, I imported my White/Blue 2000 years ago, and haven't once thought about changing it, or selling it, as it's one of my favorite import buys of all time.

I wouldn't second guess importing a 2000.   I've not imported one, but at least with that you know the power port is a standard that you likely already have another device with the same connection that'll charge it.

As far as the button swap... it already sort of gets to me switching between Nintendo systems and Sony.   So it would just be one more system to adapt to... but at least coming back from Nintendo systems wouldn't be as hard.

Thinking about the $6 Gal Gun on PSN...
I assume you're referring to the Vita version. If you're OK with occasional framerate slowdown and 10+ second load times (close to a minute when you start the game...yeah, seriously), I say go for it. The PS4 version really is noticeably faster with a more stable framerate, though.

I assume you're referring to the Vita version. If you're OK with occasional framerate slowdown and 10+ second load times (close to a minute when you start the game...yeah, seriously), I say go for it. The PS4 version really is noticeably faster with a more stable framerate, though.
Yes Vita version, thanks for the info. It's a good price for me to support localization of Japanese Vita games.

If this is important to anyone else.

Danganronpa 2 USED dropped to 24.99 @ GS

Madden 13 USED dropped to 19.99 @ GS.

Couple other Vita price changes: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-vita,28zu0,13162

EDIT:

Other notables include:
Disgaea 3 : 14.99

Disgaea 4 : 24.99

Just picked up Danganronpa 2, Zero Time Dilema, Madden 13, Disgaea 3, and Lumines with leftover trade credit. Praying for most of them to come in cases, wish me luck.
I got Madden 13, Danganronpa 2, and Zero Time Dilemma all with original case + art :D/ .

That's likely the best I'll ever do ordering from gamestop online.

Only downside is you'll have a sweet looking Vita and when you play it in public people will be interrupting your Vita game time by coming up to you and being like "Dang, that's a rad looking Vita"

Only downside is you'll have a sweet looking Vita and when you play it in public people will be interrupting your Vita game time by coming up to you and being like "Dang, that's a rad looking Vita"
Not sure if Sarcastic but this happens all the time to me with just my Muramasa Rebirth gray hori face plate and the persona 4 skin! The Curse of cool vita's is real....

I'd get it on PS4, but what would I do if my mom walked into my room and saw me playing it?

I was hoping Bloodstained would make its way to retail like Yooka-Laylee, but I'm guessing it won't since they partnered with Fangamer
I still think it might. Why else would they advertise a Kickstarter-exclusive slipcover if the game wasn't going to be available elsewhere without the slipcover? Also, $60 is very expensive for a Vita game (especially one that sells digitally for under $30). I'm guessing it will get a standard Vita physical release at $40 down the line (without the slipcover).

Actually, looks like 505 Games has signed on as publisher and they do standard retail physical games:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/05/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-gets-a-publisher

The backer copy looks like it comes with extra content. I bet the in-game content comes from a DLC code, not a separate print run, so the question is whether the slip cover and DLC are worth $20+ to you. From the site:

All copies of the game from $60+ tiers will include Special Edition backer-only content:

The mighty swordwhip
A super-powerful hidden boss
A Backer Edition slipcase (for physical tiers)

Has there been some recent update on Bloodstained?  I think the odds of it actually coming out on Vita are very low, and even less that they'd follow through with physical copies

Has there been some recent update on Bloodstained? I think the odds of it actually coming out on Vita are very low, and even less that they'd follow through with physical copies
I haven't seen any recent updates. I don't see any reason they'd cancel it. They did cancel the Wii U version, but that's because it was superseded by the Switch and most of the people that wanted a Wii U copy preferred having it on the Switch instead. They'd have more development support for the Switch than a completely dead platform (Wii U).

Can't see that happening unless Sony makes a new handheld.. Vita isn't completely dead like the Wii U is, and doesn't have any other Sony hardware that supersedes it currently. As far as physical copies go, again.. not seeing any issues. We still get physical copies of other games for the Vita, so why not Bloodstained?

I've been under the impression for quite a while now that there was no problem with skipping the Bloodstained kickstarter since it was going retail as well.  I don't care about any kickstarter extras.  I'll probably end up going for the switch version if the game ends up being actually good.   If it's delayed though and the vita version comes out first, I may just go for it.

Now that I'm about three hours into DariusBurst CS mode, it's clear the 50 minutes completion on HLTB is bullcrap.

I read that the CS mode end credit happen at one "final" level, and then there are many more CS levels after the end credits. Anybody played it yet and know how long it takes to get to CS end credits? I'd like to finish it before Danganronpa 3 arrives.

Or did y'all buy it from last sale and haven't even downloaded it yet :lol:

Or did y'all buy [Dariusburst] from last sale and haven't even downloaded it yet :lol:
tumblr_static_slowly_raises_hand.gif

Did Axiom Verge Multiverse get delayed? The amazon release date changed... anyone have any insight? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread.

Did Axiom Verge Multiverse get delayed? The amazon release date changed... anyone have any insight? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread.
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere about a slight delay to the physical copies. Looks like the new Amazon date is 11/21. Works for me as way too much stuff was coming out in the October time frame.

What's the best place to get a pstv for a decent price besides lucking out at target?
http://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-tv-system-gamestop-premium-refurbished/119424

Only $29.99. Not bad at all for such a great lil console.

Also use this coupon code for $10 off an order of $9.99 or more :

GC4S874V70523

Also use coupon code FREESHIPPING to get free shipping.

Not sure if the codes will stack but thinking they prob will especially if you use a laptop and the full website instead of the mobile site.

Or check your local GameStops for in store stock. Most likely they'll have some. But then you can't use that $10 off coupon.

http://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-tv-system-gamestop-premium-refurbished/119424

Only $29.99. Not bad at all for such a great lil console.

Also use this coupon code for $10 off an order of $9.99 or more :

GC4S874V70523

Also use coupon code FREESHIPPING to get free shipping.

Not sure if the codes will stack but thinking they prob will especially if you use a laptop and the full website instead of the mobile site.

Or check your local GameStops for in store stock. Most likely they'll have some. But then you can't use that $10 off coupon.
Wow thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere about a slight delay to the physical copies. Looks like the new Amazon date is 11/21. Works for me as way too much stuff was coming out in the October time frame.
I agree. I was preordering solely based on release dates. Velocity was first...

bread's done
Back