PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I may grab two if it is offered, as East Asia Soft said qty allowed would be based on the sign up numbers. So I would guess, if they have a lot, one will be the limit, and if not, then two.

I still don't really know how much of the buying public even knows about the PA exclusives, as the PS4 CC was really the first game to go fast, and it was still up for awhile before it sold out. But as more people became aware of it, prices ran up rather fast on the secondary market.

This is actually a very nice CE set, and for the price, this is one of the few games that is actually good and comes with extra's that are nice as well. We don't see this very often, if at all anymore.
The only reason I'm confused about this preorder is that they keep saying HK time for the actually preorder. So is the actual preorder link going to be sent out on the 7th at 11:am US time or 11:pm?

I think it's highly likely they did more than one print.
Or, the majority who really wanted it, got it from LRG, and the qty's produce may have been closer to what demand really was, than the shit storm it was made out to be. Yet, another possibility. LOL

The only reason I'm confused about this preorder is that they keep saying HK time for the actually preorder. So is the actual preorder link going to be sent out on the 7th at 11:am US time or 11:pm?
The link will give the date and time, and normally it's HK time. So we can figure that out once the time is given, but they start late sometimes, so the time may not be accurate anyways. As you see the sign was the 1st for a week, and then the day before it became the 2nd. While I like their releases, their all over the map in regards to sticking with what they say most of the time.

Or, the majority who really wanted it, got it from LRG, and the qty's produce may have been closer to what demand really was, than the shit storm it was made out to be. Yet, another possibility. LOL
US vs Asia.

Majority of and most feverish collectors and LRG customers are NA/R1/US/ESRB collectors, followed by UK/PAL/PEGI.

Physical demand is mostly driven by collectors, and collectors are predominately NA/R1/US region by far.

Even people who missed the LRG release wouldn't be in a rush to grab the Asia copy as it does nothing for the still missing legit R1/US official release. People who "just want to play it" and don't care about region are also less likely to care about physical vs digital and will just download it.

I don't think people understand just how huge the significance being official R1/USA/ESRB region is to LRG's success and why all the non US region copycats (PA - Asia, SLG - German, SEG - UK, etc) have far less demand and aren't able to replicate the instant sellouts. The only NA/US competition would have been SRG, which LRG quickly moved to partner with.

This has got to have an English Asian release right? It seems a no brainer, as haven't all SE Vita releases had one so far where an English version of the game was out in the wild?
Aside from FFX-2 and Chaos Ring, no.

Aside from FFX-2 and Chaos Ring, no.
There is a chance but dont expect it. Just be surprised if it does get confirmed.
If it happens, great, if not, no worries either. I would get it for my collection, but I personally didn't care for the SNES game when I played it at launch. It has a pretty big fan base, so I would like to see it physical for those who want it, and for another notch in the Vita's cap. LOL But for me actually "wanting" it, not so much really.

Same here, I'm Wondering what has delayed the release of the Wonderful Edition?
The games and CE contents were assembled separately, then packaged together. So they had to wait for the physical cart/case/manual manufacturing to be done, then package those inside of the CE box.

It's not an enormous amount of work, but when you're doing it thousands of times I can understand why it'd take a little longer than just shipping the standard edition games out.

SUPER DISAPPOINTED! SquEnix has launched the official R1 wesite for Secret of Mana, Vita version to be digital only, aaaaargh!

https://www.secretofmanagame.com/en-us/
That sucks, this would have been a day 1 purchase for a physical copy but for digital only titles I can wait for it to go on sale for $10 or less. I am personally at that stage now were digital releases of games hold no real value for me.

That sucks, this would have been a day 1 purchase for a physical copy but for digital only titles I can wait for it to go on sale for $10 or less. I am personally at that stage now were digital releases of games hold no real value for me.
Well, the previous Mana game was also digital only so this doesn't surprise me much but I'm where you are. I couldn't care less about digital releases.

Got an email from Best Buy that Velocity has been pushed back until January.  No word on Axiom Verge yet so I assume that is still coming out 11/21.

Got an email from Best Buy that Velocity has been pushed back until January. No word on Axiom Verge yet so I assume that is still coming out 11/21.
It's listed as unavailable on Amazon too, which seems to be how they've been handling delays recently. I think Axiom Verge was recently pushed back a couple days so that it would launch in NA and EU at the same time, so I'm guessing that date is relatively safe. Unless I'm confusing it with a different game, which is entirely possible since I have about a dozen of them coming in the next month or so!

Well, the previous Mana game was also digital only so this doesn't surprise me much but I'm where you are. I couldn't care less about digital releases.
I take it a step further and say " fuck digital games" out loud every chance I get.

Owned a PS TV for at least 2 years, but finally purchased an actual Vita recently. So I've been buying up a lot more Vita games lately. That being said, some questions...

Anyone able to provide some feedback on Gundam Breaker 3? I've watched some gameplay of it, and absolutely love what I see. Just wondering if there is any framerate issues to be concerned about it. I was thinking of buying a copy for myself, and another as a Christmas gift for my friend from Play-Asia. 

Any recommendations on non-US releases of music rhythm games, that don't require Japanese language knowledge? Already own P4:DAN & Deemo, waiting for IA/VT Colorful to arrive, and plan on buying SuperBeat Xonic, Hatsune Miku, & DJMax later.  

Owned a PS TV for at least 2 years, but finally purchased an actual Vita recently. So I've been buying up a lot more Vita games lately. That being said, some questions...

Anyone able to provide some feedback on Gundam Breaker 3? I've watched some gameplay of it, and absolutely love what I see. Just wondering if there is any framerate issues to be concerned about it. I was thinking of buying a copy for myself, and another as a Christmas gift for my friend from Play-Asia.

Any recommendations on non-US releases of music rhythm games, that don't require Japanese language knowledge? Already own P4:DAN & Deemo, waiting for IA/VT Colorful to arrive, and plan on buying SuperBeat Xonic, Hatsune Miku, & DJMax later.
Taiko no Tatsujin V Version is another good one

The framerate is fine. I never noticed any significant drops. Even when there's a lot of effects on screen, you get blinded by the chaos and can't really tell whats going on in the tiny screen, but it never felt like it was chugging.

That said, I'm not a fan of the combat. It's just mindless button mash, beam spam. It's enough I guess. The real fun is loading out your custom mobile suit and using all the weapons you equipped.

Miracle Girls Festival
I like MGF but you should only get it if you like the shows in it. It's very bare bones as far as content. A shame.

Vita has turned me into a Physical copy snob...

Refused to buy I Am Setsuna for Vita cause no physical. (Bought it Physical for another handheld..)

Miracle Girls Festival
Thanks!

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version is another good one
Appreciate it! I've known about the franchise, but never played a game in it.

The framerate is fine. I never noticed any significant drops. Even when there's a lot of effects on screen, you get blinded by the chaos and can't really tell whats going on in the tiny screen, but it never felt like it was chugging.

That said, I'm not a fan of the combat. It's just mindless button mash, beam spam. It's enough I guess. The real fun is loading out your custom mobile suit and using all the weapons you equipped.
Building my own mobile suits is definitely what I look forward to the most. Several Zeon/Feddie suit parts I'd like to combine. Great to know that the framerate is fine. Fighting does look repetitive, but I enjoy other musou games. So I should be fine on that end. Thanks!

I like MGF but you should only get it if you like the shows in it. It's very bare bones as far as content. A shame.
I do like two of the shows in it. Haven't watched the others, probably a good idea to watch a few more before buying. Appreciate the advice.

No they canceled it altogether, that should read PS4.. they planned on a Vita release, then scrapped it and went PS4 digital only.

Got my physical copy now though :) and pre ordered Lost Sphear, physical. 

Bourbon+posting=oops.  :beer:

No they canceled it altogether, that should read PS4.. they planned on a Vita release, then scrapped it and went PS4 digital only.

Got my physical copy now though :) and pre ordered Lost Sphear, physical.

Bourbon+posting=oops. :beer:
I bought it Physical for the Switch, I just assumed that's what you meant by "other handheld". I generally like to get physical versions of games, but ESPECIALLY for Nintendo products. They have such a terrible digital reputation. With no centralized "Nintendo digital store". Closing down the Wii shop etc.

va-11-hall-a-ps-vita-lrg-release2.jpg

Check your emails guys, the Cursed Castilla Play-Asia link is live. Make sure your logged in before using it. GO, GO, GO!

EDIT: $40 ain't bad for a complete set like this shipped, so grab it while you can.

Weird... trying to check out with PP but it won't let me pay. Just gives me a return to merchant error. 

EDIT* Might be an issue with my bank- switch to a CC via PP and it worked. Glad I stayed up to get some work done... completely forgot about this. 

bread's done
Back