PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I might double dip and I hate myself for helping Square Enix make more money. I game on the Vita more than I do on the PS4. Any word on separate Trophy lists or save compatibility?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the choice for no Vita version came from both sides. As you can't even buy a new Vita from GS anymore, and most stores have buried or removed the Vita sections altogether(they throw out cases, etc.).

I completely agree it would have been pretty much free money. As even at a low qty, where most stores got 1-2 copies, that would still have sold out rather quick, and taken up little to no store space.

Oh well, I wish I could say I was a fan of either entity, but the only place I shop less than GS, is probably SE titles. So if either company went tit's up tomorrow, I wouldn't be loosing a moments sleep. Hell, I would probably throw a party. LOL
Or they could do what Best Buy does and just take preorders (online only for them) and fulfill those preorders without stocking the game in-store. But this is Gamestop we're talking about. I went to the Gamestop I most frequent last week after having not been there for a while and no joke, more than half of the store was anything but games. The manager I know there is not pleased in the least. They still had their Vita section though!

Or they could do what Best Buy does and just take preorders (online only for them) and fulfill those preorders without stocking the game in-store. But this is Gamestop we're talking about. I went to the Gamestop I most frequent last week after having not been there for a while and no joke, more than half of the store was anything but games. The manager I know there is not pleased in the least. They still had their Vita section though!
At this time of year, I can actually accept the junk & trinkets, as it's the holidays. People coming in to buy a game or two, won't think twice about grabbing some of that gaming related trash for someone. But the other 9-10 months out of the year really make no sense, as I've yet to see anyone buy that stuff when it's not the holidays.

Yeah, all the managers and staff who I've known over the years have all left, except for one. They all saw the writing on the wall coming ages ago, and knew what the outcome would be. I actually saw the last guy a few weeks ago, and he's working on leaving as well, just due mostly to not being promoted as he would like. I can honestly say, he's better than 9/10 managers or staff I deal with anyplace on a regular basis. GS should have this kid managing a region, but instead, they'll let him live, and won't care.

Is Mary Skelter worth picking up for $23? I don’t have much experience with DRPGs, but being chased through the map seems like a fun challenge.

At this time of year, I can actually accept the junk & trinkets, as it's the holidays. People coming in to buy a game or two, won't think twice about grabbing some of that gaming related trash for someone. But the other 9-10 months out of the year really make no sense, as I've yet to see anyone buy that stuff when it's not the holidays.

Yeah, all the managers and staff who I've known over the years have all left, except for one. They all saw the writing on the wall coming ages ago, and knew what the outcome would be. I actually saw the last guy a few weeks ago, and he's working on leaving as well, just due mostly to not being promoted as he would like. I can honestly say, he's better than 9/10 managers or staff I deal with anyplace on a regular basis. GS should have this kid managing a region, but instead, they'll let him live, and won't care.
I agree. Holiday displays and setups are one thing, but it's like they're just cramming the games together. Even the Xbox One, PS4 and Switch, already, have limited wall space. It's just...odd.

KickStarter Updates on SkullPirates:

Well they never answered when I asked this question, but they answered for someone else today.:

@KristinaPotts: Yes, the physical copies will be an asian region release. There will be no ESRB rating on the box.
A Note Regarding the Captain's Edition
There is a second significant change to the campaign happening today. We are expanding the production run of the Captain's Edition of SkullPirates, increasing the number of total copies for PS4 and Vita to 500 and 600, respectively, and have introduced a new set of tiers backers may select to claim the additional copies.

We understand that some backers may be displeased by this decision and it's not one we made easily. The very limited quantity (and thus rarity) of the package is a significant part of its appeal. It's a cool thing for us, too, having something like that out in the world. So, we want to take a moment to give some insight into why we're making this adjustment.

It's a simple fact that we underestimated demand to a considerable degree. How considerably started to dawn on us roughly five minutes after the project went live; a dozen Captain's Editions had been claimed and we hadn't even told anyone yet.

From a strictly capitalistic point of view, it's a sin right up there with taking the first offer you're given in a negotiation. But we were perfectly happy with the outcome regardless of the obvious lost potential sales. We had an expectation that the Captain's Edition would sell out because the quantities were so low and that there would be some demand that was unmet in the end, but it was a number that worked for us. We could be confident they would move, allowing us to fund the project and put us in a good position to work toward some wishlist items over the remainder of the month with pledges for standard edition and digital copies. For us, what happened was as good an outcome as we could have hoped for. But it's not all about us.

As you know, we're working with eastasiasoft on this campaign to produce our physical copies, including the Captain's Edition. They've truly been an exceptional partner and we could not be happier about the level of support we've received from them throughout this process. And while they're as excited as we are about the success the campaign has had, that success has caused a bit of an issue for them.

eastasiasoft serves an avid collector's market in Asia. Based on our expectation for the project, we anticipated that we'd have an early rush on copies that would peter out until morning in Asia some twelve hours later, at which time eastasiasoft would alert their customers there about the campaign and we'd see another wave. As it happened, by that point, it was already too late and those customers are understandably upset at not getting a fair opportunity to secure a copy.

We screwed this up and, with everything that eastasiasoft has done to ensure the success of the campaign, it doesn't feel right to us that they should have to face a horde of angry people because we got it so wrong.

Obviously, we also want to respect all of you, the backers whose support allowed us to achieve the success we have. Even with the increase, the Captain's Edition will remain one of the lowest print runs in the PS4 and Vita libraries, but you got here first and that should count for something. So, we've arranged with eastasiasoft to ensure that the first 250 numbered units for each platform will go to the backers who pledged for the original set of tiers.

If this turn of events has made you uncomfortable, we completely understand and respect that. The success of crowdfunding campaigns are largely contingent on trust and transparency and we want you to feel confident in your decision to support us.

Thank you again for your support and for your understanding of this issue. We'll be back soon with more cool new stuff to show.

After three years of heavy use, my Vita finally bit the dust (F to pay respects)

Is the Value Pack that was recently released in Asia regions the best way to go about getting a replacement? I'd prefer to buy new, since there are a lot of things that could be wrong with a used Vita.

After three years of heavy use, my Vita finally bit the dust (F to pay respects)

Is the Value Pack that was recently released in Asia regions the best way to go about getting a replacement? I'd prefer to buy new, since there are a lot of things that could be wrong with a used Vita.
r u just saying that because your vita won't turn on? you just hold the power button a long time

r u just saying that because your vita won't turn on? you just hold the power button a long time
If only it were that simple. Unfortunately, the issue is that it's corrupting all of my games/saves. Originally made me thing that the issue was with the memory card, so I stuck in a backup I have. Got similar results in a few hours. If I had to warrant a guess, it would be that the connecting pins in the memory card slot are worn out.

If only it were that simple. Unfortunately, the issue is that it's corrupting all of my games/saves. Originally made me thing that the issue was with the memory card, so I stuck in a backup I have. Got similar results in a few hours. If I had to warrant a guess, it would be that the connecting pins in the memory card slot are worn out.
Have you tried doing a factory reset on your vita?

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your vita?
Yep. Tried rebuilding the database, too. Rebuilding the database gave it a few hours without an error, but everything reverts to the C2-12828-1 error eventually. I tried looking the error message up, but I only got helpful results pertaining to hacks (and my Vita is stock with the most recent firmware).

Yep. Tried rebuilding the database, too. Rebuilding the database gave it a few hours without an error, but everything reverts to the C2-12828-1 error eventually. I tried looking the error message up, but I only got helpful results pertaining to hacks (and my Vita is stock with the most recent firmware).
That's a rough way to have it go. Have you swapped cards often in it? I've never taken my memory card out of my slim vita.

That's a rough way to have it go. Have you swapped cards often in it? I've never taken my memory card out of my slim vita.
Not often at all. It came with a 4GB card and I later upgraded to a 32 GB card. Since then I haven't swapped it out until the issues started happening and I was trying to identify whether the issue was with the Vita or memory card.

Could be any number of issues. Definitely some manner of hardware problem though if it's happened with two separate memory cards even after resetting the Vita though.

Not often at all. It came with a 4GB card and I later upgraded to a 32 GB card. Since then I haven't swapped it out until the issues started happening and I was trying to identify whether the issue was with the Vita or memory card.
I recently had a error similar to this, but on removal of the memory card, I noticed that there was a whole layer of fine dust in the socket. (pocket lint/dust) after using a tiny amount of cleaning alcohol on the memory card using a Q-tip, the card had no more errors on it. I don't know if this is the problem you are experiencing, as I did not have a spare memory card to stick in the vita to see if there was still a problem.

Going on 3 years of use on my Vita, and there are other problems I've been having with my right analog stick. any time I touch it up or down, the stick itself returns to the neutral position, but the device reads that the analog is pressing up (ever so slightly). I thought it might be the protective case that I store the system in, but it's most likely the same pocket lint dust getting in under the stick.

Because of this most games are unplayable. (but it helps that my PSTV still works, plus it is easier to replace a controller then a Vita system.)

Of course it is... I seriously just bought the ps4 edition at target earlier this week. Dang. Only $5.98 lost though. Hopefully crossplay!
Yeah that's how it goes sometimes lol. I really wanted Stardew Valley on the go and was waiting for this for a while. After a lot of waiting, finally decided "f this" and bought it on the Switch. And now I read this. Like wtf.

Not one of my bigger hauls, but Vita is Vita!

gtXYB2rl.jpg

It's terrible they're selling these separately when the bundle is so much cheaper on PS4 & Wii U.  Hoping it takes a while to sell so there are less releases like this in the future.

It's terrible they're selling these separately when the bundle is so much cheaper on PS4 & Wii U. Hoping it takes a while to sell so there are less releases like this in the future.
What if someone only has a Vita? No one is being forced to buy these, and if there are better options, why complain about the only one for the Vita? I don't own a PS4, and I prefer portable anyways, and I was happy these great games where offered.

I have also owned probably at least half of LRG offerings in digital form(paid less than $5 for probably all of them), and I have double dipped each time for the physical version. It has been explained plenty of times why these types of games are offered separately, and it's not going to change.

I buy them so there are more options like this in the future.

The point that these releases are priced far, far, far worse than their WiiU/PS4 counterparts is fair. If one doesn't mind spending all of that extra money, then good for them. But it is still an objective fact that they cost WAY more comparatively, and it's reasonable to take umbrage with that.

For what it's worth, I grabbed both because my collector mentality over rides my inner irritated consumer. I'll still fully admit that those prices are a rip off.

Is Mary Skelter worth picking up for $23? I don’t have much experience with DRPGs, but being chased through the map seems like a fun challenge.
I know this is outdated, but I missed your original post. Where were you seeing MS for $23? I would pick it up at that price, I've heard good things.

I found the Wii U version for $11 the other day. Easy pass.
Unfortunately most people don't bother with the Wii U anymore. I already have 4 consoles connected to my TV (PS3, 360, PS4, XB1), no interest in the Wii U which is a dead console anyway. Also Steamworld Dig looks fantastic on the Vita's OLED screen and plays beautifully on the system, colors are rich and saturated and controls are great. Would rather play it on that system anyway.

The point that these releases are priced far, far, far worse than their WiiU/PS4 counterparts is fair. If one doesn't mind spending all of that extra money, then good for them. But it is still an objective fact that they cost WAY more comparatively, and it's reasonable to take umbrage with that.

For what it's worth, I grabbed both because my collector mentality over rides my inner irritated consumer. I'll still fully admit that those prices are a rip off.
Mutant Mudds release was more of a rip off tbh.

Unfortunately most people don't bother with the Wii U anymore. I already have 4 consoles connected to my TV (PS3, 360, PS4, XB1), no interest in the Wii U which is a dead console anyway. Also Steamworld Dig looks fantastic on the Vita's OLED screen and plays beautifully on the system, colors are rich and saturated and controls are great. Would rather play it on that system anyway.
If we're playing this game, I have a WiiU, SNES Classic, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS4 Pro and, of course, a Dreamcast all connected to my TV (most through my receiver) through HDMI and I play my WiiU regularly for Wii games and WiiU games (downloaded some excellent Neo Geo shooters like Iron Clad and use the TvC stick with it), so it depends on the person.

Just finished Digimon Cyber Sleuth on my Vita, now for the most exciting game for all: picking the next game to play.

Started Forma 8, I like the art style, and should be a quick indie to finish.

Just finished Digimon Cyber Sleuth on my Vita, now for the most exciting game for all: picking the next game to play.

Digimon was a slog to get through. I like my Digimon, but god I found it excruciating to get through in the hopes that it would get better..but congrats on finishing!

I just started Chapter 18. Cyber Sleuth has been in my Vita for over a year; I made the goal earlier this month to finally finish it so I can get to Trails of Cold Steel. But yeah, what a poorly paced game.

Decided to grab these two as they were on sale. 20 for the collector seems super good. Will try Drive Girls when I have time.

[attachment=29041:DSC_00891.JPG]

bread's done
Back