PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
What level of hell was the Shiren-esque dungeon crawler conceived? Does anyone actually enjoy losing all of their items, levels, everything, when they die?

What level of hell was the Shiren-esque dungeon crawler conceived? Does anyone actually enjoy losing all of their items, levels, everything, when they die?
It changes the type of commitment needed to win and some people actually really love that. Like how classic arcade games made you start at the beginning each time you approached the machine and a continue would wipe out your score. Or how many classic console games (especially before NES) had no saves and even with the NES a large portion of those games had no saves. That added a lot of challenge which typically resulted in advancing your skill as a gamer as you had to replay levels previously beaten.

Ultimately I don't typically enjoy rogue games or even rogue-lite's like Shiren... but that's only because I don't want to sit and keep replaying the same game as I have a lot of games I want to play.

I can't say I enjoy that, but can anyone say they actually *enjoy* when bad things happen to them in a game? That's a loaded question.

Roguelikes are about building your own skills and knowledge, so you can come out on top of a vicious and often unfair situation. You typically lose a lot when you die, but if you want to skate through the game, you're playing the wrong genre.

Ack, April is almost over and this is all I have to show for it.

DcSesRv.jpg

Ultimately I don't typically enjoy rogue games or even rogue-lite's like Shiren... but that's only because I don't want to sit and keep replaying the same game as I have a lot of games I want to play.
This on sooooo many levels. Honestly anymore I play games on easy just so that 3/4's of the way through when the difficulty spikes I don't quit out of frustration. Replaying levels or sections really is the kiss of death for me.

Oh, if only all of the developers cared this much about their productions! 

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/990190532893720576

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/990191106699612160

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/990191372756967425

Do you actually plan to attempt to play all of these things you purchase or is it just a collection thing?
I do play them, but my backlog just continues to grow at this point, so I can only play so many with the time I have.

It's bound to beat me eventually. ;D

Albeit, in my case, I've been beaten years ago!

Asked the tough question, let's see what response is given tomorrow. Real question here is, what difference does it even make to Aksys Games if you get some sort of a retailer offered membership discount when you buy one of their new releases? Seems to me like they'd be happy we're buying the games at or close to launch, but that's just me being logical.

https://twitter.com/game_player_s/status/992259111340261377

Asked the tough question, let's see what response is given tomorrow. Real question here is, what difference does it even make to Aksys Games if you get some sort of a retailer offered membership discount when you buy one of their new releases? Seems to me like they'd be happy we're buying the games at or close to launch, but that's just me being logical.

https://twitter.com/game_player_s/status/992259111340261377
Comments seem to indicate that GCU/Prime discount doesn't disqualify. That said, they still have to be final receipts. So in theory you can't redeem the promotion until June (when the last game comes out), but for some reason the promotion was activated in April. Weird.

I forgot about that promotion, so thanks for bringing it up. I'm mainly getting those to support VNs (plus I feel they may be close to the final Vita physical non LRG type games released). Good to know!

a rhythm game with idol simulation. Like the Idolmaster games but more emphasis on the rhythm aspect wouldve been nice
yeah i really enjoy the rhythm games but am not that good at alot of them but good ways to kill time, whats crap is that i finally got around to buying a love live vita game, and the damn thing was delisted less than 3 years after release, cant get any of the dlc or redeem the code it came with...well this and replaying some ia/vt will do till the physical version of voez gets dropped

Just gonna post this Tweet right here. Also, never heard back from Aksys, so guess the other person's response was regarded to be sufficient by them

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/992403696855248896

So what's the final word on Bloodstained Vita version?  Is a regular retail release likely when it releases or will the Vita version only be available to backers?  Regular PS4 and XBox One versions have already been up for preorder on a few websites, which Switch soon to follow I'm sure.  Vita is a question mark to me.  When the campaign first started I was fairly confident it would see a regular retail release as it was several years ago and, well, regular retail releases were still common.  Plus the wording only guaranteed backer-exclusive DLC and a slipcover - no mention the actual physical release would be backer-exclusive.  Since they were charging $60 for both the Vita and PS4 versions I went with the PS4 version at the time figuring the retail Vita version would actually be $30 to $40.  Recently I changed that to Switch.  Now, with the deadline to change your platform of choice fast approaching (May 15th I believe) I am also considering changing that to Vita, but only if that will be the ONLY way to get the physical retail Vita version. 

Has 505 Games (the publisher) announced an intention to release a physical Vita version anywhere in their announcements?  Like I said we already know the PS4 and XBox One versions will be getting normal retail releases, with a Switch version likely to follow.  Sadly the WiiU version has already been cancelled.

I suspect it will be a limited etail (not retail) release. Somewhat similar to how PQube titles tend to only be available from a couple of select online retailers for their North American release. Questions here is, who? Will 505 have the game available from GameStop, or will they offer through Amazon, and/or VideoGamesPlus.ca? No one knows just yet, and it may be E3 before we get solid details.

Personally I believe Bloodstained Vita will end up the same as Mighty No. 9 Vita version.  It is not going to get canceled but we are not getting any updates either.  

Mighty No. 9 vita version never came out and i doubt it will.
Yep, and the 3DS version never made it as well. For those interested in the Vita version, until release info is offered and that version is specifically still on the list, I wouldn't get my hopes up. This team seems pretty good in regards to sending surveys and getting customer feedback, so I'm sure the Vita version has shown well in that regard. So I'm pretty hopeful it will still happen, but in a worse case, I'm happy to move my pledge to a different system(NS), but otherwise I would probably just ask for a refund.

Need some advice from fellow Vita CAGs.

I am debating on importing the rather pricey Gundam G Generation. I think it is pricey because there are two cartridges or something? Anyway, I never watched Gundam; however, I really enjoy sRPGs on my Vita like Disgaea and Hyperdevotion Noire. Any thoughts on G Generation and would I enjoy it enough to justify the price plunge (from a game standpoint, assume I know the language fully)?

There is an Asia Englis version of G Generation
You are absolutely right, however I believe that is even pricier? I think? Or was the Asia English only for PS4 (which is useless for me anyways)? I don't really know.

Anyway, any thoughts on the game?

It is for both Vita/PS4 for Asia English version. I would compare it most to Super Robot Wars, except you're playing some Gundam stories, including some that are less well known, and some extra what if scenarios. I think you may get more out of it being a Gundam fan. I barely played it (about 1 mission heh), so hopefully someone else chimes in. I think you may be better off with the Super Robot Wars games though.

It is for both Vita/PS4 for Asia English version. I would compare it most to Super Robot Wars, except you're playing some Gundam stories, including some that are less well known, and some extra what if scenarios. I think you may get more out of it being a Gundam fan. I barely played it (about 1 mission heh), so hopefully someone else chimes in. I think you may be better off with the Super Robot Wars games though.
Thanks Nitro. I imported Super Robot Wars V already, it will be incoming through "manual" shipping i.e. having someone bring it to me when they are back to the States.

I might just pass on G generation for now due to its price, I don't think the prices will be going down unfortunately.

G Generation for the PS4 is $35 on Play-Asia's current sale (plus $3 off with the recurring discount codes.): https://sea.play-asia.com/sd-gundam-g-generation-genesis-english-subs/13/70a0nb

Vita version seems to be out of stock everywhere. I have one, so it definitely exists, but it may have just gone OoP like Cyber Sleuth. It's two separate cartridges and regular Vita-sized cases with an outer cardboard box. When it was coming out, it was a big deal because it was the first multi-cart Vita game.

G Generation for the PS4 is $35 on Play-Asia's current sale (plus $3 off with the recurring discount codes.): https://sea.play-asia.com/sd-gundam-g-generation-genesis-english-subs/13/70a0nb

Vita version seems to be out of stock everywhere. I have one, so it definitely exists, but it may have just gone OoP like Cyber Sleuth. It's two separate cartridges and regular Vita-sized cases with an outer cardboard box. When it was coming out, it was a big deal because it was the first multi-cart Vita game.
For those looking, drop HeavyArm a line, and see what they have to say? I know they offered that title awhile ago, and they are for sure the best when it comes to restocking those Asia English titles.

Your Asian English Vita is going to worth a hefty price now, I think. I should've bought when I had the chance :wall:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory English Vita is 39.99 on Play Asia as well. I should pick this up right? It's probably the lowest it'll ever be.

Your Asian English Vita is going to worth a hefty price now, I think. I should've bought when I had the chance :wall:
It definitely went on sale a couple of times and was on Ebay at some points.

Need some advice from fellow Vita CAGs.

I am debating on importing the rather pricey Gundam G Generation. I think it is pricey because there are two cartridges or something? Anyway, I never watched Gundam; however, I really enjoy sRPGs on my Vita like Disgaea and Hyperdevotion Noire. Any thoughts on G Generation and would I enjoy it enough to justify the price plunge (from a game standpoint, assume I know the language fully)?
If I had to choose, I would say SRWV is a much better game than G Generation. There are a lot of quality of life issues, like long loading screens between attacks, attack animations that don't look that good on the vita, and you can't freely use your vulcans.

I'm a tiny bit annoyed that Play-Asia would do this after my preordered copies of Dimension Drive and Sir Eats-A-Lot just shipped and both are still readily available. :bomb:
I'm more than a bit annoyed that Play-Asia is including the Rainbow Skies LEs (that are still being preordered and won't ship for a while) that I paid full price for back on March 1st. I sent them an email asking for a credit but I doubt they will respond.

How easy is it to cancel a Play-Asia preorder that is already fully paid for? I have a feeling that even if I cancel my original preorder the best they would give me is store credit for it.

I'm more than a bit annoyed that Play-Asia is including the Rainbow Skies LEs (that are still being preordered and won't ship for a while) that I paid full price for back on March 1st. I sent them an email asking for a credit but I doubt they will respond.

How easy is it to cancel a Play-Asia preorder that is already fully paid for? I have a feeling that even if I cancel my original preorder the best they would give me is store credit for it.
I've had an easy (ish) time cancelling, but I have always requested them to swap it out so there would be no money from them owed to me instead of a straight cancel + credit. If you owe them money there is a section on the order to pay, but from the horror stories I've heard here on CAG, I've been cautious about cancels, so I didn't trust them to credit me properly. But I've had really good success with it this way.

It is most likely not that complicated if you paid with CC instead of paypal though. I'm pretty sure they don't charge right away with CC like they do with paypal. In that case, I bet you could just contact them, tell them you want to cancel and reorder. I've only ever used paypal with them though.

I'd try to do the same but my order for Rainbow Skies includes something sold out that I'm worried about losing. Since I put my order in close to the date it was supposed to ship back in March.

The 50% doesn't apply to any of the Rainbow Moon or Skies preorders.

EDIT: Actually, I'm getting the discount to apply sometimes, by adding in stock items.  It's really tricky getting it to apply the discount though.

bread's done
Back