PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Sekai Project disappoints me more than not these days. Their translations are generally OK to below average, though I do like that they are treating their 18+ releases with respect now and releasing them alongside the all ages releases. I honestly think they're pretty understaffed, but I don't know for sure. All I know is I expect typos and somewhat subpar English in their new translations. Mangagamer is still my go to for visual novels, but I do like to see how others are doing. I honestly am not expecting their Vita releases other than Rabi-Rabi.

Anyone have a point of reference for how much an opened assumedly complete Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 Limited edition would cost?  Saw one used today locally for $700 but couldn't find any information online.  I know it's super rare but that's it.

Anyone have a point of reference for how much an opened assumedly complete Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 Limited edition would cost? Saw one used today locally for $700 but couldn't find any information online. I know it's super rare but that's it.
The limited edition had a virtually stealth release through Amazon.com, and was limited to a mere one-thousand copies. Nice official pictures of what all was included on this other website.: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-limited-edition-psv-americas

Only two copies have been sold through Ebay in the past ninety days. The oldest of those sold for $600 (+ $15 S&H) on April 17th. And the latest one to sell went for $714.95 (Free S&H) on May 1st.

Is it really worth that? Well, people are clearly willing to bite at that price, so perhaps so. Personally, if I was going to commit that much money to buying just one video game think I'd rather use it to buy a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn). But then, I'm a decidedly Cheap Ass Gamer so even talking of spending that much loot on a single game is making me fell sick in my stomach.

The limited edition had a virtually stealth release through Amazon.com, and was limited to a mere one-thousand copies. Nice official pictures of what all was included on this other website.: http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-limited-edition-psv-americas

Only two copies have been sold through Ebay in the past ninety days. The oldest of those sold for $600 (+ $15 S&H) on April 17th. And the latest one to sell went for $714.95 (Free S&H) on May 1st.

Is it really worth that? Well, people are clearly willing to bite at that price, so perhaps so. Personally, if I was going to commit that much money to buying just one video game think I'd rather use it to buy a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn). But then, I'm a decidedly Cheap Ass Gamer so even talking of spending that much loot on a single game is making me fell sick in my stomach.
I still regret selling one of the two sealed copies I got shortly after release for $400, the guy who bought it tried to scam me and get a refund for it a month later too but Amazon wasn't having it, he tried so hard too.

I still regret selling one of the two sealed copies I got shortly after release for $400, the guy who bought it tried to scam me and get a refund for it a month later too but Amazon wasn't having it, he tried so hard too.
Yeah, I sold my one copy for about the same shortly after I got it. Couldn't pass on $400 at the time for 10 seconds of work. I knew the price may have gone up over time, but it could have gone down, so I bought in at the time with no regrets.

It's an okay LE for sure, but not worth $700 or even $400. I'd just get the reguar edition and spend the money on more games, or a graphics card or anything lol.

I remember looking up the keychain thing that they could only scrounge together 1,000 of and it was less than $10 on eBay at the time. I decided it wasn't worth staying up late for and settled for picking up a standard copy on my lunch break.

Atlus should've made a promo ad like this back when he game first released on the Vita. It's like some manner of domesticated Gauntlet.:

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/997124942276657154

Oh and...

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/997046112425885696

LRG says they have 30 Vita titles planned for release
Well to be specific, Josh said they have "over thirty", but enough to even destroy Squarehards budget possibly!

So help me out here, I have only documented to date twenty-three (23) upcoming title announcements from LRG. And they are listed below. I know twice Doug in this year Doug has said he signed a Japanese game to publish without ever giving any hints due to contract agreements. And he's also in Japan presently on business, and may have signed yet another one or more. So again, this list consists of titles that have been officially announced at some point in time by LRG for the Vita. Have I missed any? Is there any speculation on what any of the other impending titles could be?

- LRG Known Upcoming Vita Titles -
- 2nd Quarter
Antiquia Lost (5/25)
Cosmic Star Heroine (5/25)
Super Hydorah (6/8)
- 3rd Quarter
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Musynx (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

Also, Reverie is now up for pre-order from Play-Asia!

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/997129866003689472

So I have been working through Trails of Cold Steel over the last few weeks and have been thoroughly enjoying it. All around enjoyable experience. Characters, story, game play, music, basically the full pkg on my checklist. I was wondering aside from the sequels what other games on the Vita would compare? Anyone have any suggestions?

So I have been working through Trails of Cold Steel over the last few weeks and have been thoroughly enjoying it. All around enjoyable experience. Characters, story, game play, music, basically the full pkg on my checklist. I was wondering aside from the sequels what other games on the Vita would compare? Anyone have any suggestions?
Aside from the sequels and of course the usual answer of Persona 4, that is given whenever anyone asks for a RPG recommendation, I would say check out the Trails in the Sky FC and SC if you haven't already. They take place in the same universe as ToCS and even though the graphics are dated, the game play, world building, story and music are as good, if not better than ToCS.

Guys, someone on r/vita posted an email conversation with support@yachtclubgames asking about a second run for Shovel Knight on Vita. The employee said if there was enough interest it would definitely be an option. Y'all know what to do!

Guys, someone on r/vita posted an email conversation with support@yachtclubgames asking about a second run for Shovel Knight on Vita. The employee said if there was enough interest it would definitely be an option. Y'all know what to do!
Yep, sure do.........Be happy I got mine when first offered, as there is no chance this gets a second run. LOL

Aside from the sequels and of course the usual answer of Persona 4, that is given whenever anyone asks for a RPG recommendation, I would say check out the Trails in the Sky FC and SC if you haven't already. They take place in the same universe as ToCS and even though the graphics are dated, the game play, world building, story and music are as good, if not better than ToCS.
This. I am on TiTS SC EVO (Vita), I imported it even though price skyrocketed to ~$70, due to how much I loved FC. The characters were so charming, I couldn't wait to continue my journey after FC. Already have the TC EVO imported and will continue to ToCS after it.

Damn, that collector's edition is going to be a bloodbath for sure, especially with KS backers getting first shot. Oh well, I'll do my best to get one, and see what happens.

Awesome, thank you! I must of planned ahead because I apparently picked up FC during a previous sale and I also have Persona that's been in my backlog. Just need to pick up SC then. Any thoughts on Tokyo Xanadu? Sensing Falcom might be a company I move to the top of my favs.

Honestly, I'm not that enticed by the CSH LE. I love Zeboyd and thought the game was fun, but the extras just aren't enticing. I have no nostalgia toward longbox cases, I rarely listen to soundtracks, and I don't know what value lithographs are supposed to add (seriously, art cards/lithographs/etc. are in every LE and I don't know who wants them).

That said, I'm 100% going in for a copy of the standard. Also looks like they're doing open pre-orders thankfully:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/997255014593609729

Honestly, I'm not that enticed by the CSH LE. I love Zeboyd and thought the game was fun, but the extras just aren't enticing. I have no nostalgia toward longbox cases, I rarely listen to soundtracks, and I don't know what value lithographs are supposed to add (seriously, art cards/lithographs/etc. are in every LE and I don't know who wants them).

That said, I'm 100% going in for a copy of the standard. Also looks like they're doing open pre-orders thankfully:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/997255014593609729
Agreed, I don't see anything interesting that can justify the ridiculous price tag, same old paper junk like poster, lithographs etc... This is the case for the most of LRG's CEs, Also why's SE priced at $29.99 since lrg's policy is to up the digital price by $10?

I'm guessing the vita news means we won't see an English physical version of the third Utawarerumono game, right?

Wasnt Shovel Knight Vita available for months before finally selling out?

If memory serves correctly, it was 6 months at least, maybe more. That's why I said, no way they do a second run, as everybody who wanted a copy got one. Now you have a few people who may not have been collecting at the time, but those numbers are never going to be high enough. Some of the real popular LRG titles could have easily done 2nd runs, that would have sold well, due to how many may have missed out. But when you have a game available for that long, you'll never see a second run, unless the installed base grows.

I believe RCR got a second print for the PS4, but when that game was first offered, the user base was small. So once it got more users, there was a enough new demand to warrant it. I'm pretty sure Vita ownership has probably gone down since Shovel Knight was first offered, so don't hold your breath for this to happen. Hell, I'm pretty sure Sony had probably stopped even selling the Vita in the states at or around that time.

I remember getting a copy and they said only under 900 or something left. It wasn't until a month later that it was sold out. Just get the PS4 version and do remote play on Vita. The Vita version also came out last so not sure how people would have missed it.

Doubled dipped on Shovel Knight. PS4 and then PS Vita.
That's nothing. I've picked up every physical copy of Shovel Knight. PS4, Vita, Wii U, and 3DS. Granted, that's not nearly as good as getting your hands on every physical copy of Resident Evil 4. (a very long list) But still. I wanted to reward Yacht Club for doing a retro-themed game so well.

It will be interesting to see if there are any other major developers try to get their game onto the platform before the deadline. I know VBlank is planning to with Shakedown Hawaii, but that's almost a foregone conclusion given their past history.

It was a preorder and that scared off a lot of the resellers looking to do a quick flip. They published 5,030 copies of Shovel Knight vita with 3,642 as preorders (found that on the Gamefaqs forums through a google search). So, yeah, it's no wonder they took a while to sell out. Of course now it sells for about $60 on ebay.

That's nothing. I've picked up every physical copy of Shovel Knight. PS4, Vita, Wii U, and 3DS. Granted, that's not nearly as good as getting your hands on every physical copy of Resident Evil 4. (a very long list) But still. I wanted to reward Yacht Club for doing a retro-themed game so well.
Yeah, I bought it 3 times, once digital and the 3DS & Vita physical versions. I wanted to show those guys support as well, so I've bought it for every system I owned, where it was offered. Can't wait to see what they come up with next, hopefully they stick to their own high levels, and deliver another great game that stands the test of time.

Bought two copies of Shovel Knight for Vita, gifted one of them to a nephew back at Christmas... the reaction was "Oh I bought this game from Nintendo eShop and already beat it". Whatever happened to just saying "thanks"?  :wall:

BS8EPfx.jpg

Project Sense - 不祥的预感: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story Kickstarter (Possible physical copies)
A 2.5D cyberpunk horror game inspired by Fatal Frame and Clock Tower, with a story that mixes technology and Cantonesaswe traditions. There's a chance we'll get physical if the stretch goal of 20K is met. There's 26 days to and it's funded  at $14,174. We can do this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2030067069/project-sense-a-cyberpunk-ghost-story

ZGq9L3B3QW_RrZSz-w5BwA.jpeg

AL_zbeD1TnmedvFYxcyOOg.jpeg

If memory serves correctly, it was 6 months at least, maybe more. That's why I said, no way they do a second run, as everybody who wanted a copy got one. Now you have a few people who may not have been collecting at the time, but those numbers are never going to be high enough. Some of the real popular LRG titles could have easily done 2nd runs, that would have sold well, due to how many may have missed out. But when you have a game available for that long, you'll never see a second run, unless the installed base grows.

I believe RCR got a second print for the PS4, but when that game was first offered, the user base was small. So once it got more users, there was a enough new demand to warrant it. I'm pretty sure Vita ownership has probably gone down since Shovel Knight was first offered, so don't hold your breath for this to happen. Hell, I'm pretty sure Sony had probably stopped even selling the Vita in the states at or around that time.
theres some truth to that, thankfully they offered preorders for that one so it was easier to get a copy, but the main reason they wouldnt do it is because they would have to charge alot more since that vita copy was grouped in as a kickstarter backer which allowed owners to qualify for the free expansion packs, any copy of shovel knight now is just the vanilla version and you have to pay for the expansions

WOW, Sense looks very cool, and the creator seems super in to the subject matter and bringing this world to life. Sadly, as per the current KS discussions seen recently here at CAG, I would put this at a 50% in regards to happening or not? And that's probably a generous number. First off, he's not asking for much, and by the end of this campaign, it will be at a King's ransom. And that's a lot of funds to someone with not much experience. Top Hat is a part of this, which I have never heard of, but they do seem to have some experience on the business side of things, so it may be a good team-up.

I looked for a release window, but didn't find one, but KS is like social media for me, as I can't ever find info I need there. The talk of physical is nice, and the creator started this game with the Vita in mind, so I'm sure he will try his best for that to happen. But we all know with cart production coming to a close, time is of the highest priority, and I don't see time being a friend of this.

So for me, I'll probably support this, as it looks damn cool & unique, but this is for sure a "gamble" in my mind, as far as KS goes. In a worst case, I'm sure it will happen at some point, digital at least. I would of course want physical, but for a game like this, just getting to play it is key. And while the Vita may loose out on Physical, I'm sure a few of the other systems will get it that way, so all hope is not lost. I have almost a month to decide, so I'll be sure to watch this closely. Thanks to Milera for posting this, as I probably would have missed it otherwise.

WOW, Sense looks very cool, and the creator seems super in to the subject matter and bringing this world to life. Sadly, as per the current KS discussions seen recently here at CAG, I would put this at a 50% in regards to happening or not? And that's probably a generous number. First off, he's not asking for much, and by the end of this campaign, it will be at a King's ransom. And that's a lot of funds to someone with not much experience. Top Hat is a part of this, which I have never heard of, but they do seem to have some experience on the business side of things, so it may be a good team-up.

I looked for a release window, but didn't find one, but KS is like social media for me, as I can't ever find info I need there. The talk of physical is nice, and the creator started this game with the Vita in mind, so I'm sure he will try his best for that to happen. But we all know with cart production coming to a close, time is of the highest priority, and I don't see time being a friend of this.

So for me, I'll probably support this, as it looks damn cool & unique, but this is for sure a "gamble" in my mind, as far as KS goes. In a worst case, I'm sure it will happen at some point, digital at least. I would of course want physical, but for a game like this, just getting to play it is key. And while the Vita may loose out on Physical, I'm sure a few of the other systems will get it that way, so all hope is not lost. I have almost a month to decide, so I'll be sure to watch this closely. Thanks to Milera for posting this, as I probably would have missed it otherwise.
They are in talks with EastAsiaSoft for that exact reason. Their releases are not affected by the termination of cart production in the west.

They are in talks with EastAsiaSoft for that exact reason. Their releases are not affected by the termination of cart production in the west.
Yeah, I thought that could have been a possibility, so I'll for sure keep my fingers crossed. This game really does look nice, so hopefully it doesn't run in to production limbo down the road, but I'm pretty sure I'll support this before the KS ends.

bread's done
Back