PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thank you! I must of planned ahead because I apparently picked up FC during a previous sale and I also have Persona that's been in my backlog. Just need to pick up SC then. Any thoughts on Tokyo Xanadu? Sensing Falcom might be a company I move to the top of my favs.
Toyko Xanadu is fun, but sadly the Vita version is inferior to the PS4/PC version due to cut content. It's an action RPG mixed with heavy VN interludes, that uses the same engine as Trails of Cold Steel. Overall i REALLY enjoyed the action but i found the characters and story to be weak. I'd check out Ys 8 (also by Falcom) if you are looking for a good action RPG. Also make sure you grab Trails in the Sky 3rd on the PC if you like the FC and SC. Sadly it's not on the Vita.

Toyko Xanadu is fun, but sadly the Vita version is inferior to the PS4/PC version due to cut content. It's an action RPG mixed with heavy VN interludes, that uses the same engine as Trails of Cold Steel. Overall i REALLY enjoyed the action but i found the characters and story to be weak. I'd check out Ys 8 (also by Falcom) if you are looking for a good action RPG. Also make sure you grab Trails in the Sky 3rd on the PC if you like the FC and SC. Sadly it's not on the Vita.
Thank you for the feedback on Toyko Xanadu. I will keep an eye for the PS4 version then. I actually enjoy playing RPG's on the go so I won't be surprised if I still get the Vita version at some point. Good to know about TitS 3rd, hate when that happens. Figuring it might happen again with Cold Steel 3 :/ I have Y's 8 on my shortlist. That was another series I really liked quite a bit.

2a27192173f3f027603f63505dac8858.jpg

Posting in case anyone missed this...
Thanks! I did miss this. Filled it out and hoping for the best!

Thank you for the feedback on Toyko Xanadu. I will keep an eye for the PS4 version then. I actually enjoy playing RPG's on the go so I won't be surprised if I still get the Vita version at some point. Good to know about TitS 3rd, hate when that happens. Figuring it might happen again with Cold Steel 3 :/ I have Y's 8 on my shortlist. That was another series I really liked quite a bit.
TitS has got to be the best acronym ever. I love tits. But even despite the cut content, for me it's still slightly forgiveable since it's Tokyo Xanadu on the go. Falcom is easily one of my favorite developers recently because of Tokyo Xanadu and the Tits series (never gonna stop enjoying typing that).

For anyone that didn't get into the Kickstarter, it looks like PQube is releasing a version of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative avaliable for pre-order on Amazon. $49.99 each.

Muv-Luv Amazon

Muv-Luv Alternative Amazon
Wow! So if you buy both titles from Amazon they'll be $99.98 + tax and free standard shipping. But if you buy the Limited Edition Box Set directly from PQube/Rice Digital, they're $79.99 + $30.00 for international shipping + nominal international transaction fee (about three dollars).

So if, as example, I were to order both games from Amazon, with S.C. 6% state sales tax, total would be: $105.98

But if I ordered the L.E. Box Set direct from the publisher, total would be roughly: $113.99

So for about $8 more you get can have the L.E. Box Set, crazy!

Bizarre for this to happen, but clearly the Limited Edition Box Set is a much better value even with the laughably terrible $30 international S&H.:

https://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/muv-luv-trilogy-collectors-edition-ps-vita-us-version

Wow! So if you buy both titles from Amazon they'll be $99.98 + tax and free standard shipping. But if you buy the Limited Edition Box Set directly from PQube/Rice Digital, they're $79.99 + $30.00 for international shipping + nominal international transaction fee (about three dollars).

So if, as example, I were to order both games from Amazon, with S.C. 6% state sales tax, total would be: $105.98

But if I ordered the L.E. Box Set direct from the publisher, total would be roughly: $113.99

Bizarre for this to happen, but clearly the Limited Edition Box Set is a much better value even with the laughably terrible $30 international S&H.:

https://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/muv-luv-trilogy-collectors-edition-ps-vita-us-version
Is Amazon the only getting them? Or is BestBuy getting the game as well? I would like to use whats left of GCU before it expires lol

Is Amazon the only getting them? Or is BestBuy getting the game as well? I would like to use whats left of GCU before it expires lol
In the past, I believe most if not all these PQube titles are Amazon exclusive in the states. And VGP in Canada also sells these tiles, and their's is NA region as well. VGP often offers 1 of the Rice bonus items, like the art book, but they may include post cards or buttons as well. But those items often come on there own, and are separate from the game, so no special box. Just the game, and whatever bonus item they offer. And they ship from the US as well(or at least they used to).

Well if you have prime it would be $42.39 after 6% tax per game (if they add the prime price in like they usually do after a few weeks on the store)... which would make it $84.78 vs $113.99 for the import version.

I'm set to get both games from the kickstarter and the bonus digital version for vita... so I can pass these up. It's just kind of odd I ended up paying pretty much the same as what the prime price would be for the games.

Well if you have prime it would be $42.39 after 6% tax per game (if they add the prime price in like they usually do after a few weeks on the store)... which would make it $84.78 vs $113.99 for the import version.

I'm set to get both games from the kickstarter and the bonus digital version for vita... so I can pass these up. It's just kind of odd I ended up paying pretty much the same as what the prime price would be for the games.
I don't think PQube games get the Prime discount.

Did anyone get any kind of confirmation from Badland after submitting their receipt and what not for Velocity?
Nope, nothing , nada, zilch, less than zero. I didn't get anything for that Gal Gun 2 cover either, from whomever offered that, and it just showed up in the mail last week. So not to worried at the moment, but we'll see how it goes.

The Vita was the NS, before there was an NS. Remote play was a great idea, just very under supported as all things Vita ended up being. The early commercials showed how you could play a game on your PS3, and then continue outside with the Vita(cross play, remote play, etc.).

For Sony to do something similar now, would just look like they where ripping off "N", when they offered it first. But like all things Sony, they did a half assed job, and only have them selves to thank for a missed opportunity. When the PS4 launched, the Vita would have been amazing if offered as a companion with remote play, but all Sony did was run with the PS4 success, and used that to bury the Vita.

If they even offered something great at his point in regards to handheld/console, I would probably avoid it, as the Vita was amazing, and Sony did their absolute best to bury it. Those memory cards alone show the high level of stupidity at work at their company, and I expect no less if they tried again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJs1dW3Y6Ko

For Sony to do something similar now, would just look like they where ripping off "N", when they offered it first.
Eh. Everyone has done some stuff first, and everyone else adopted the good ideas. Well, with the exception of Nintendo totally failing at copying good online features...

The Vita was the NS, before there was an NS. Remote play was a great idea, just very under supported as all things Vita ended up being. The early commercials showed how you could play a game on your PS3, and then continue outside with the Vita(cross play, remote play, etc.).

For Sony to do something similar now, would just look like they where ripping off "N", when they offered it first. But like all things Sony, they did a half assed job, and only have them selves to thank for a missed opportunity. When the PS4 launched, the Vita would have been amazing if offered as a companion with remote play, but all Sony did was run with the PS4 success, and used that to bury the Vita.

If they even offered something great at his point in regards to handheld/console, I would probably avoid it, as the Vita was amazing, and Sony did their absolute best to bury it. Those memory cards alone show the high level of stupidity at work at their company, and I expect no less if they tried again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJs1dW3Y6Ko
The Vita was never the Switch. It could have been if they'd made a few fairly minor hardware revisions and united the idea of the PSTV with the existing Vita form factor, but even with better support, remote play alone would never have allowed the Vita to become popular in the role that the Switch currently occupies, it's too heavily reliant on a strong connection.

The Vita was a mess of terrible, inexplicable hardware and marketing decisions. Its only saving grace is the support it received from 3rd-party Japanese devs, and even then many of its best games are ports from other consoles. I like my PSTV, but let's not delude ourselves here.

The Vita was never the Switch. It could have been if they'd made a few fairly minor hardware revisions and united the idea of the PSTV with the existing Vita form factor, but even with better support, remote play alone would never have allowed the Vita to become popular in the role that the Switch currently occupies, it's too heavily reliant on a strong connection.

The Vita was a mess of terrible, inexplicable hardware and marketing decisions. Its only saving grace is the support it received from 3rd-party Japanese devs, and even then many of its best games are ports from other consoles. I like my PSTV, but let's not delude ourselves here.
I personally found the Wii U to be the NS 1.0 so to speak, and that while not exactly the NS, was just a poorer version. Yes, The Vita wasn't exactly what the NS is now, but it had similar features, just done in a different way. Of course this is my opinion, as I find the NS lacking currently, as it's main feature of "switching", is pretty useless to me. Especially the removable controls.

As stated above, no one ever really has new ideas that much, but the Vita to me was more than the U was at the time, but "N" continued on the same path, and improved what didn't work. The Vita got buried by it's master Sony, and after that, any chance of proper 1:1 play with a home console all but died.

As for the highlighted portion above, outside of the few unique "N" made NS games(which I'm sure where all Wii U games, just ported over), the same exact thing can be said of the NS and then some. All I see are tons of ports, most of which are better and cheaper elsewhere, so the NS is far from anything perfect, but I can't argue with the numbers. Which is a shame, as I have less desire to own the NS now, than I did when it was launched. I'm just not seeing a need to own it currently.

Why is there no 3DS player??? (sans the 3D of course) The most common argument I hear is the touch controls are too hard to implement, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to just use your 3DS as a controller, and output the top screen to your television/monitor. This was done to a very minor degree with the handful of DS games in the Wii U virtual console. I would literally throw money at Nintendo if I could play my DS/3DS library on a big screen.

Why is there no 3DS player??? (sans the 3D of course) The most common argument I hear is the touch controls are too hard to implement, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to just use your 3DS as a controller, and output the top screen to your television/monitor. This was done to a very minor degree with the handful of DS games in the Wii U virtual console. I would literally throw money at Nintendo if I could play my DS/3DS library on a big screen.
Yes. For years, I have been DYING for a new version of the Super Gameboy. I've posted about it several times. Would love to be able to play all my 3DS games on the big screen. But I think the problem is two-fold. 1. like you said, implementing touch controls on the TV; the games don't translate well to the big screen. and 2. how does Nintendo monetize it?

The latter point is the biggest hurdle. I think that Nintendo simply doesn't have much incentive to invent one of these units. They profit off of selling N3DS hardware, and they would just look at it as lost revenue from those systems.

Of course $orny always looking to jump on Nintys bandwagon and as a Day 1 supporter of the Vita i cant help but laugh at them honestly they like riding everyone elses Dick.......what a waste of potential i say

Of course $orny always looking to jump on Nintys bandwagon and as a Day 1 supporter of the Vita i cant help but laugh at them honestly they like riding everyone elses Dick.......what a waste of potential i say
Probably as much of a waste as the load your mom should have swallowed but instead that made you.

I always thought the WiiU (and now Switch) could have made something like a Super 3DS using a combination of TV and Tablet. I think the bigger reason we don't see something like that is that TVs are much larger on average than they were during GC (and definitely SNES) days. The idea sounds cool, but I don't think it would look cool enough to market.

It'd probably also be pretty awkward to control too.

Sony's success in video game's has always been less about their own design, and more about the mistakes of their competitors. Sony initially succeeded in video games because everyone else was struggling with multi-media, and Sony's alternative approach to licensing and development savagely undercut the competition. With the PS2, they lucked into the DVD boom, while Sega essentially impoded on their own, Nintendo was late to release, and Microsoft was just starting out. It wasn't until the PS3 and/or the PSP that Sony faced truly capable competition.

And we saw what happened with those platforms. A couple of popular Japanese releases prevented the PSP from tanking, but Nintendo still fed Sony their own hat in that race. The PS3 was a constant uphill battle for Sony, where they were forced to struggle against their own wrong-headed design decisions. And with the 360 and the Wii, Nintendo and Microsoft had both brought their A game.

But the PS4 is a system made by a different Sony. After being humbled in the previous console generation, Sony went back to the drawing board, hired some intelligent and far-sighted leads, and worked their asses of designing the PS4. And while the PS3 was a bloated mess with a painful lack of focus, the PS4 was lean, mean, and laser-focused. And this has paid off handsomely with Sony's current market position.

The Vita was a product of the before-times. It came between the PS3 and PS4. You can see some aspects of the Sony-to-come in it. But you can also see quite a few of the design philosophies that drove the development of the PS3. (too many unfocused features, proprietary memory) I could see a new-wave version of a Sony portable doing well. But it would have to focus, and it would have to take the same approach to design. It would need to be lean, it would need to be relatively inexpensive, and it would need to be focused on games.

Snippety-doo-dah
Good insight. Staying focused on providing an experience that you can't already get on a phone will be important. I don't know the way to best do that (otherwise I'd be talking at a board meeting instead of here) but I don't think it's just Vita+better hardware.

Something I'd like to see (though I know I'm in the minority) is a more global PSN store. Make it easier to access content from other regions on one account rather than multiple ones. Even if it's just on the new handheld and nothing else. They can even build a currency converter into it so that you don't have to pay in a foreign currency.

bread's done
Back