PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
P3/P5 Dancing will be Digital Only in the US. Sucks we won't get a physical release; was really hoping to have a continuity in my Vita collection.

I myself will wait for the JPN versions to drop down to $20 and will instead pick up the PS4 versions.

Yeah. Atlus claimed the lack of physical releases was due to the cart production ending. Either it's a convenient excuse or they can't meet the submission deadline.

June 28th 2018 is the last day for code submission. Companies can order runs of their approved games until February 2019 and the last possible manufacturing date is March 2019.

There's likely to be a ton of Limited Run Games things announced but those will be finished games and not a game one month from Japanese release.

I hope they're busy working on a 13 Sentinels release this year. As much as I love Persona 3, I'd rather own a physical 13 Sentinels to go with my other Vanillaware games. 

They stepped right into this one, I have no regrets... except that I forgot to type @SekaiProject.

https://twitter.com/game_player_s/status/1005154873682341890

So, in other words, a nice big "fuck you" to the people that actually paid for the project.
Yep, given the treatment of Vita fans by Sekai Project getting games later than everyone else is somehow not the worst case scenario in these situations.

Sony announces they're discontinuing Vita NA/EU production, so I respond by buying a new shelf in order to make more room for Vita games.

New shelf,

Q8Hf4HC.jpg

shifted all the anime that was on the Vita shelf before into these shelves,

qww1iBL.jpg

dUW6d9d.jpg

zNCqW0U.jpg

dMLXitC.jpg

and now I have all this extra space I need to fill up now,

tvDgkHN.jpg

Guess I better get started again on filling up all that empty space...

729.gif

:slowclap: And it rhymes!
It's supposed to rhyme. The actual structure of that quote is: "[insert phrase here]? Where we're going, we don't need [repeat earlier phrase]."

This is the sort of flagrant mismeming up with which I will not put, sirrah!

:shame:

It's supposed to rhyme. The actual structure of that quote is: "[insert phrase here]? Where we're going, we don't need [repeat earlier phrase]."

This is the sort of flagrant mismeming up with which I will not put, sirrah!

:shame:
Actually, I think he meant clothing rhymed with going.

Also, had a dyslexic moment with the order though, so that part is fair! ;D

Whats the name of the shelves for the vita games? Being small I assume they don't sag? looks like the small ikea billy cases? Also, you should buy these at least for the visible holes : https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80263568/
The shelves aren't made anymore, unfortunately.

They used to be sold at Walmart, but they discontinued them a couple years back, and I've been sadface ever since. :*(

Sony announces they're discontinuing Vita NA/EU production, so I respond by buying a new shelf in order to make more room for Vita games.

New shelf,
Q8Hf4HC.jpg

qww1iBL.jpg

dUW6d9d.jpg

zNCqW0U.jpg

dMLXitC.jpg

tvDgkHN.jpg
729.gif
....... when did you steal my fan, I swear it was there this morning.

Square you can still get the sauder multimedia shelves on amazon and ebay. They are $48 right now.
I think I remember Square saying he only payed like $10-$15 a piece for them. So it’s probably a little difficult to buy more when they cost 3x what you originally payed for them.

Square you can still get the sauder multimedia shelves on amazon and ebay. They are $48 right now.
I think I remember Square saying he only payed like $10-$15 a piece for them. So it’s probably a little difficult to buy more when they cost 3x what you originally payed for them.
Towards the end they were $8 each, which is when I bought like 5, lol.

Good times...

New shelf,

Q8Hf4HC.jpg

qww1iBL.jpg

dUW6d9d.jpg

zNCqW0U.jpg

dMLXitC.jpg

tvDgkHN.jpg

729.gif
i see my Noire there...in the corner of the picture... <3

The shelves aren't made anymore, unfortunately.

They used to be sold at Walmart, but they discontinued them a couple years back, and I've been sadface ever since. :*(
Damn, I just realized I have some of those shelves and I had meant to pick up a few more but never got around to it. They really are a decent shelf for the money.

Generally curious, but did anybody back that Kickstarter, Project Sense?
I plan to, I have a reminder set, I just haven't decided what tier to pledge for yet, but I'm leaning towards the $150 physical bundle?

Prices seem to be a bit "off", as the $150 bundle adds a physical art book over the $100 set, so that's solid, as decent art books can fall in the $40-$60 range. But then you have the $250 bundle which adds a mouse pad, for an extra $100? Then the $350 bundle adds a CE box for yet another $100? Am I missing something here?

I plan to, I have a reminder set, I just haven't decided what tier to pledge for yet, but I'm leaning towards the $150 physical bundle?

Prices seem to be a bit "off", as the $150 bundle adds a physical art book over the $100 set, so that's solid, as decent art books can fall in the $40-$60 range. But then you have the $250 bundle which adds a mouse pad, for an extra $100? Then the $350 bundle adds a CE box for yet another $100? Am I missing something here?
From the FAQs:

The collector's boxset will include all physicals, but with deluxe, unique packaging themed around a cyberpunk aesthetic, and packaged in a collector's box. The game will be metal-cased for example, and instead of the typical packaging, all physicals will have a unique, limited-run design. The game also will be a multi-disc set that includes the digital artbook on it, and possibly other things (such as DLC or additional content if viable). We are currently working on a preview and will give more information soon about this edition of the game.

Yeah, I've posted about this before, if it does get physically made for the Vita, that will be the most expensive (MSRP) of any Vita collector's edition game made, beating out the CE of Bloodstained by a whopping one hundred dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghckkz0zY50
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this game some how tied in with the 1991 Commodore Amiga game "Exile"?

Regardless, this is the focus of attention, two weeks out people, just two weeks out!

cyberpunk_ann.jpg

Screw the Read Only Memories people for saying the Vita version is cancelled. And then saying it is not cancelled AFTER the PS4 version went on sale. smh.

Screw the Read Only Memories people for saying the Vita version is cancelled. And then saying it is not cancelled AFTER the PS4 version went on sale. smh.
When did that happen, as I never heard it was cancelled as both of these games have been on my Vita radar since being announced? When the PS4 was first offered, I wouldn't have bought it either way, but at the time, I was excited as they said the Vita version was coming, just at a later time(or was strongly alluded to). And I never got the memo stating otherwise?

This CE is actually one I can get behind, as it's something new where having those big ass boxes finally has a point(or at least more of a purpose than most). Of course not sure what will be included, or how much these will cost, but it's for sure an all or nothing type deal for me. I either get both, or just go standard, but to many unknowns for now, but for sure on my wish list for the time being.

From the FAQs:

The collector's boxset will include all physicals, but with deluxe, unique packaging themed around a cyberpunk aesthetic, and packaged in a collector's box. The game will be metal-cased for example, and instead of the typical packaging, all physicals will have a unique, limited-run design. The game also will be a multi-disc set that includes the digital artbook on it, and possibly other things (such as DLC or additional content if viable). We are currently working on a preview and will give more information soon about this edition of the game.
Well, depending on that final box set, $100 may or may not be justified, time will tell on that. But $100 for a T&A mouse pad I can buy normally for $10-$20, not buying that. As that add-on should be $25 extra tops, which would then make the box set $275-$300 which is still nothing amazing price wise, but way better than $350.

Don't get me wrong, I still plan to support this game, but I have pledge to many indie projects over the years, and this one is about the most expensive I've seen.

I only see the $75 physical tier. Is there something I missed?
Yes and no, as he's just went with $5 pledge and then plans to add a physical copy for $25. If you want physical as a part of the pledges, then the $75 is the starting one. So $5 get's you in the door, so you can just add certain items if you so chose, like the $100 mouse pad and such. LOL

Yeah, because so many other companies are committed to distributing 35 vita games before manufacturing ends... smh.
Think about this: All they are doing is releasing games you most likely have already played on the PC but in physical format for the Vita. Most of them are multi-plat if they're new or just ancient. If you don't like Indie games or VN's there was nothing there for you.

This was our last chance to get any of those bigger third party games that were never localized and released - like chaos rings, Uppers, Tales of innosence R, etc, but instead we got no big announcments. Maybe LRG just doesn't have what it takes in terms of resources to get these games and for that I really can't blame them I suppose, but I am kind of saddened that we'll never get to play these hidden gems for the beloved handheld.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate LRG for what they've done for the Vita. They've been the last bastion of support for it. I just wish they took it out with a bang.

Think about this: All they are doing is releasing games you most likely have already played on the PC but in physical format for the Vita. Most of them are multi-plat if they're new or just ancient. If you don't like Indie games or VN's there was nothing there for you.

This was our last chance to get any of those bigger third party games that were never localized and released - like chaos rings, Uppers, Tales of innosence R, etc, but instead we got no big announcments. Maybe LRG just doesn't have what it takes in terms of resources to get these games and for that I really can't blame them I suppose, but I am kind of saddened that we'll never get to play these hidden gems for the beloved handheld.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate LRG for what they've done for the Vita. They've been the last bastion of support for it. I just wish they took it out with a bang.
Would love to see some of those games localized as well! Based on everything I've seen from LRG, they really do seem like they are trying their best to get all the big titles printed. The outcome really seems to depend on the developer. Who's to say that we don't get some surprises for the remaining 30 games!?

Yes and no, as he's just went with $5 pledge and then plans to add a physical copy for $25. If you want physical as a part of the pledges, then the $75 is the starting one. So $5 get's you in the door, so you can just add certain items if you so chose, like the $100 mouse pad and such. LOL
$100 mouse pad you say. Now I’m intrigued

bread's done
Back