PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here even have the as of now complete LRG Vita set?
Yes! But with 35 more releases to go... :wall:

Project Sense will be available in Playasia after kickstarter? Like Muv-luv and Plague Road
Moe than likely that will probably be the case. Though the package art for the KS backers will either be different or have a special KS-only slipcover or something.

I would assume that you would have to buy it through LRG unless they have stated that owning it is enough. Otherwise it seems really hard to verify and easy for people to cheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, if you listen to the video from the point linked to onward, that was asked by a Twitch user during the live stream, well several people asked actually, and they said it wouldn't matter if the game had been purchased directly from them or not, but we aren't likely to hear any more details out of them about how this will work until March of next year, as no doubt they want to keep the verification method under wraps in attempt to avoid anyone from cheating as much as possible.

I would assume that you would have to buy it through LRG unless they have stated that owning it is enough. Otherwise it seems really hard to verify and easy for people to cheat
As stated, they already said sources won't matter, just the proof which I would guess would be pictures. As that is easy enough to verify, as you just need to post your name someplace within the pics to show they are yours. Can people try to cheat? Sure, so no telling how that may play out in the end.

I've stated here many times how I only missed one title, and I'm sure both Josh and Doug have seen that, but I'm sure I can post adequate pics as well when the time comes.

Watch the free exclusive game be My Name is Mayo. Now that would be going out with a bang.
LOL, yeah, that would be a good one. I would guess it will be a modded/special version of B&C or SMRPG, since those are both games they own and can change in some way to make them unique. But I would prefer a new unique offering, but free is free, beggars can't be choosers. LOL

I don't think people ought to get their hopes up for the exclusive Vita free game for a LRG complete collection.  It's not going to be something they could have sold thousands of copies. 

Here is my Vita collection. It is not as cool as Squarehard's. There are also some JPN PS3 Imports and Soundtracks as well.
RMTcSLu.jpg

zXP39Dz.jpg

For continuity, here is my 2015 picture.
DGwwZEfVwAA7DdK.jpg

Don't read to much into that. The word is that the physical copies will still be produced for KS backers, but that 505 Games may be backing out of producing extra copies for "retail" since retail is now effectively just Amazon.com, GameStop, and VGPlus.

Don't read to much into that. The word is that the physical copies will still be produced for KS backers, but that 505 Games may be backing out of producing extra copies for "retail" since retail is now effectively just Amazon.com, GameStop, and VGPlus.
That would be great as it's the only reason I put down the $60 way back. Sucks for anyone else that decides later on they want a copy as the second-hand prices may become unreasonable as a result of this.

Seems like an idea that’s going to be implemented very poorly for the final release. I also realized the other day i almost finally have enough tickets for a free game.

Still like seeing people’s collections. Currently I’m just delaying the inevitable of buying Tokyo Xanadu to complete the currently released games, outside of what’s in order from lrg

That would be great as it's the only reason I put down the $60 way back. Sucks for anyone else that decides later on they want a copy as the second-hand prices may become unreasonable as a result of this.
Yeah, same for me, but if the Vita physical doesn't happen, I'll be happy to move my order over to the NS(so long as that gets physical of course). As of now, I just have to hope it happens and leave the worry to others. Since this was first announced, I was worried going in for the Vita, as I figured it may not show up before cart production may have stopped. And now, that is a real worry, and no longer an issue that may happen, but will(in March of 2019).

Does this apply to slacker backers as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The two Muv-Luv on Amazon went back up to $49.99 ea. I guess the temporary $39.99 price was their version of a non-prime pre-order discount.

Anybody have a free coupon on videogameplus website? I was about to order a Tales of hearts R but was 0.01 cent short of free shipping.  lol.   Thx.  New ps vita owner here, trying to build my very small collection.

Does anyone want my digital codes for Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative? They're ESRB and the backer kit version (I don't think it makes a difference). I don't need these plus the physical. $25 each, shoot me a pm.

Didn't realize Muv-Luv/ Muv-Luv Alternative digital codes were available.  The last update said they'd mail them out and I have yet to get the email.  I went to the old backerkit link for the previous update and once I recovered my account it showed the codes.   So everyone that was expecting ESRB codes, go back through backerkit and they should be there already for the Vita versions.

I may sell mine as well... though it's more that I'm not sure I even am as interested in the VN genre anymore and am kind of losing interest in gaming.  Probably wouldn't expect to get more than $30 for the pair.

Muv-Luv and Alternative on Amazon now have Prime pre-order discounts. They were probably waiting for BB to offer the games.

Pretty much most of the Vita stuff being published physically in NA territories now is likely going to possibly be uncommon down the line or rare or such. These 2 are highly regarded games, and the Vita port has been a long time coming. I still haven't gone through them myself, but that will change when I get my Kickstarter copies. 

So what’s the big deal about Muv-luv games? I know they’re VN games, but I was just curious since it sounds like a rare game set of games?
They've been one of the best rated VNs since they were released, and still tops most charts. I also haven't played them yet though, but I don't play that many VNs.

So what’s the big deal about Muv-luv games? I know they’re VN games, but I was just curious since it sounds like a rare game set of games?
It generated a crazy amount of money in the KS campaign. In Japan the VNs are highly rated and won awards. There's a rather high amount of hype right now because, while PQube is the signed publisher, it was made clear to them by the rights holder/developer IXTL/age that the production run of this game is set for a fixed amount for each region (R1 & R2) and that only the remainder copies that were not pledged for would be provided to PQube for sale to the general public. So right now there's some rather heavy speculation as to why here in R1 GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy have all chosen to claim on their websites that the game isn't being released until June 26th, as the game did release and shipped out on time for it's official June 12th release from PQube and VGPlus. So there is speculation that PQube may have oversold inventory to these retailers and the reason why all three have un-officially bumped the release date up to the 26th is because they are having to resolve quantity availability with PQube. Meaning there could well be cancelled orders for some people by the end of next week. As of this time, VGPlus has already sold out of their inventory of the Muv-Luv games.

There was a kickstarter email that went out stating that there would be a regular release. Part of the agreement with PQube was to allow them to have a retail release as well as the Kickstarter release. It wasn’t financially possible to just print the games for kickstarters.

They went on to explain that they’re giving non-backers the opportunity to buy the games now while hype is high to maximize their profits.

Best Buy has the release date set for 7/10.

Thanks for all the info. As much as I don’t want to pay full price for a vita game, msrp is soon going to be the cheapest price for some of these games, especially physical copies. I think I’ll bite on this series too. But I have to say most of your responses made me laugh because everyone said “ it’s the best VN series, but I’ve never played it, yet.” I’m just as bad with my backlog too. CAG life.

They're both very long games even for faster readers such as myself. I'm still trying to work through Marriage Lunatics (almost done....spent time beating another game) and one other before I think of this. I also have a few more chapters of House in Fata Morgana before that. Backlog 4 lyfe even just comparing VNs.

Anyone else get an email from Badland confirming the extras for Velocity 2x?
"The production process of these can take a couple of weeks and the delivery from Spain to your home another two weeks, so we estimate that it may take about a month before you receive the content."

Fingers crossed.

Anyone else get an email from Badland confirming the extras for Velocity 2x?
"The production process of these can take a couple of weeks and the delivery from Spain to your home another two weeks, so we estimate that it may take about a month before you receive the content."

Fingers crossed.
I did too. Good on them.

A rather disappointing E3 save for a great showing by Limited Run Games. Atlus was a major disappointment with the highly anticipated Vanillaware Vita title teased at last year's E3 being a complete no show (effectively cancelled), and only digital-only release announcements for games that have either already gotten or are confirmed to be getting a physical releases in Japan, for shame Atlus! XSeed would rather sub-license select of their titles out to LRG for release than to physically publish them themselves, crazy! NISA Has clearly forsaken Vita, many prinnies will starve because of such a bad business move! And Idea Factory was oddly silent. To be fair, Iffy has often forgone making game announcements at E3 and instead waited to announce new games during major anime cons, they do know their market!

So to recap, we know as of present time the following three games have been cancelled.:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus)
Battle Princess Madelyn (Indie/LRG)
Omega Labyrinth Z (Rice Digital/PQube)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory & Checklists and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2018 -
- 2nd Quarter

Musynx (6/22 open for pre-order)
2064: Read Only Memories (6/29)
Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Va-11 Hall-A (6/29)
Project Xenon Valkyrie + (6/29)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (6/29)
- 3rd Quarter
Salt & Sanctuary (8/24)
Exile's End (3rd Quarter)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter)
Phantom Breaker: BattleGrounds Overdrive (3rd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!: Full Course (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
- 4th Quarter
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)
- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter

The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (TBA)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Punch Line (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- Atlus -
 - Nothing announced.

- Badland Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- Gaijin Works -
 - Nothing announced.

- Idea Factory -
 - Nothing announced.

- Limited Run Games -
2064: Read Only Memories
Collector's Edition - Not Yet Available
- $59.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-161-2064-read-only-memories-collectors-edition-vita
- Release Date: June 29th, 2018 at 10:00a.m. & 6:00p.m. EDT (GMT -5)
-
Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Va-11 Hall-A
Collector's Edition - Not Yet Available
- $59.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-160-va-11-hall-a-collectors-edition-vita
- Release Date: June 29th, 2018 at 10:00a.m. & 6:00p.m. EDT (GMT -5)

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- NIS America -
 - Nothing announced.

- Rice Digital -
Muv Luv Trilogy
Complete Set (Rice Digital Exclusive Box Set) - Available
- $79.99 + Internation S&H
- https://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/muv-luv-trilogy-collectors-edition-ps-vita-us-version
-
Complete Set (VGP Box Set) - SOLD OUT!
- $89.99 (Canadian Dollars) + FREE S&H
- https://www.videogamesplus.ca/muv-luv-complete-wbonus-holder-vita-free-worldwide-shipping-p-25785.html
-
- Release Date: June 12th, 2018

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi / 505 Games -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- ProjectSenseDev / Top Hat Studios -
Project Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story
- $75.00 & Up Tiers + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Project Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story: Sixth Sense Collector's Edition
- $350.00 & Up Tiers + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2030067069/project-sense-a-cyberpunk-ghost-story/description
- Targeted Release Date: Sometime in 2019

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing began November 21st, 2016, and ended on December 21st, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $120,000 (Met and Exceeded)
- $46.00 & Up + S&H (BackerKit)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project
- https://re-sharin-no-kuni-project.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/72680
- Targeted Release Date: 1st Quarter 2018

Today was the final day a publisher could tell Sony they were going to make a physical Vita game by requesting a product code. If a publisher has already taken that step, they have until February 15th 2019 to get a game certified for release and place a cartridge order. 

A rather disappointing E3 save for a great showing by Limited Run Games. Atlus was a major disappointment with the highly anticipated Vanillaware Vita title teased at last year's E3 being a complete no show (effectively cancelled), and only digital-only release announcements for games that have either already gotten or are confirmed to be getting a physical releases in Japan, for shame Atlus! XSeed would rather sub-license select of their titles out to LRG for release than to physically publish them themselves, crazy! NISA Has clearly forsaken Vita, many prinnies will starve because of such a bad business move! And Idea Factory was oddly silent. To be fair, Iffy has often forgone making game announcements at E3 and instead waited to announce new games during major anime cons, they do know their market!
Just because Vanillaware's game hasn't been show doesn't mean it's been cancelled. They've been working on Dragon's Crown Pro instead and It only came out last month. It may still be in development but at a slower pace. Some games have strange development cycles, I wouldn't be so quick to mark it as cancelled already.

Just because Vanillaware's game hasn't been show doesn't mean it's been cancelled. They've been working on Dragon's Crown Pro instead and It only came out last month. It may still be in development but at a slower pace. Some games have strange development cycles, I wouldn't be so quick to mark it as cancelled already.
Let me rephrase then, it isn't coming out for the for the Vita in English physically, and possibly not even digitally at this point. Yes, Japan will still get it, physically no less, but elsewhere it has a snowball's chance in hell of making it out for the Vita. Atlus.com has updated the game listing on their own website as well as the game's English sub-site to now say that the release platform is "TBA". If they were still planning to release it on the Vita,as the sites had originally noted, they more then likely would've updated that to read "Vita and TBA", but instead they completely de-listed "Vita". Doesn't help matters that the game has been delayed in Japan, as you've already noted, due to their parent company (Sega) doubtless putting pressure on them for profitable results which translated into Vanillaware porting Dragon's Crown to the PS4 and then working on enhancing said ported version for that platform.

Oh, and Atlus.com has also removed the Vita platform from being noted at the end of the Teaser trailer.

bread's done
Back