PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
June is coming to a close, and it was a subpar month for pickups.

Nevertheless, not a bad month. :D
I'm almost through my SC copy, I paid through my nose for the import but it was well worth it. I don't see TC, you imported that already? Mine is still sealed, gonna crack open TC as soon as I finish SC.

Sad times watching games get cancelled.  But we have about 9 more months of physical releases and as long as you like indie games.. it's going to be pretty cool.  Sadly though for the non-micro publishers... there's not enough buyers to really have a profitable launch.  So it's not surprising games are getting cancelled.  I hold no ill will towards any of those companies.  They all kept publishing even when the system wasn't in stores and most major retailers had liquidated off (or donated away) the vita games.    I wish others felt the same way instead of feeling negatively towards those companies that have to close up shop on the vita.

Today's Epic LRG Sale Round 1 Update!

June 29th Mega-Bundle - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A + 2064 Collector's Edition Dual Pack (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under two minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A: Collector's Edition (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita) - 23% Remaining
2064: Read Only Memories: Collector's Edition (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under three minutes!
2064: Read Only Memories (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under three minutes!
Project Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
Project Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4) - 25% Remaining
MUSYNX (Vita) - OPEN PREORDER through July 6th.

MUSYNX (PS4) - OPEN PREORDER through July 6th.

Let me rephrase then, it isn't coming out for the for the Vita in English physically, and possibly not even digitally at this point. Yes, Japan will still get it, physically no less, but elsewhere it has a snowball's chance in hell of making it out for the Vita. Atlus.com has updated the game listing on their own website as well as the game's English sub-site to now say that the release platform is "TBA". If they were still planning to release it on the Vita,as the sites had originally noted, they more then likely would've updated that to read "Vita and TBA", but instead they completely de-listed "Vita". Doesn't help matters that the game has been delayed in Japan, as you've already noted, due to their parent company (Sega) doubtless putting pressure on them for profitable results which translated into Vanillaware porting Dragon's Crown to the PS4 and then working on enhancing said ported version for that platform.

Oh, and Atlus.com has also removed the Vita platform from being noted at the end of the Teaser trailer.
Ah, so you're exclusively talking about the Vita version? I was talking about the game as a whole. Yeah it probably wont be coming out for the vita.

Sad times watching games get cancelled. But we have about 9 more months of physical releases and as long as you like indie games.. it's going to be pretty cool. Sadly though for the non-micro publishers... there's not enough buyers to really have a profitable launch. So it's not surprising games are getting cancelled. I hold no ill will towards any of those companies. They all kept publishing even when the system wasn't in stores and most major retailers had liquidated off (or donated away) the vita games. I wish others felt the same way instead of feeling negatively towards those companies that have to close up shop on the vita.
Yeah, this is how I feel most of the time as well. I've been gaming since before it became a "thing", and I've never seen a console or handheld get so much support after the fact. When the Vita was first announced, I didn't care much for the name, and then finding out it meant "life", it meant even less at the time. LOL

Now I proudly support the name and what it meant, as it lived up to the name, even when it's creator didn't believe it to begin with. The Vita for me is truly one of the best systems ever offered, and the amount of support it received, should only ever be celebrated, and nothing to cry, bitch or moan over. Even now, we still have a good amount coming, and the only reason it's stopping, is because production is stopping.

My only issue with something being canceled would be a KS, and only if the developer strings supporters along, knowing full on rather early it may not happen. Even when some Wii U/Vita games have been canceled, it was very understandable why, and only when false hopes are given, is it an issue for me.

Today's Epic LRG Sale Round 1 Update!

June 29th Mega-Bundle - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A + 2064 Collector's Edition Dual Pack (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under two minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A: Collector's Edition (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita) - 23% Remaining
2064: Read Only Memories: Collector's Edition (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under three minutes!
2064: Read Only Memories (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under three minutes!
Project Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita) - SOLD OUT in under five minutes!
Project Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4) - 25% Remaining
MUSYNX (Vita) - OPEN PREORDER through July 6th.

MUSYNX (PS4) - OPEN PREORDER through July 6th.
Honestly surprised that 2064 sold out and VA-11HALL-A didn't.

Honestly surprised that 2064 sold out and VA-11HALL-A didn't.
2064: Read Only Memories - 3,800? total copies

VA-11 HALL-A - 7,500? total copies

VA-11 HALL-A has the highest set production run of any game LRG has published to date that wasn't a open pre-order period title. I put the question marks as I can't seem to locate where exactly I'd seen LRG Doug post the total production numbers for the two games at, so going off of memory with those numbers.

Don't worry, it won't be too much longer before it reads:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
None

uc03HNk.gif

These LRG releases aren't shipping until August so the factory is probably working at capacity with their stuff alone.

It really does seem like things are taking longer to get out the door recently, and I wonder if Sony's production capacity is a factor. I'd previously just assumed they were overencumbering their shipping staff with nonstop releases (and larger ones at that; Thimbleweed was a huge run).

So to recap, we know as of present time the following three games have been cancelled.:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus)
Battle Princess Madelyn (Indie/LRG)
Omega Labyrinth Z (Rice Digital/PQube)
When was Battle Princess Madelyn announced as cancelled?

These LRG releases aren't shipping until August so the factory is probably working at capacity with their stuff alone.
I think the real story here is LRG has run up against contractual issues that require they sell the games by a certain date regardless of the production or violate the terms of the contract. So expect more of this as a lot of the contracts are getting quite old.

When was Battle Princess Madelyn announced as cancelled?
I believe it was either in May or early June. Technically it was never confirmed as a title that would be coming out, just a tentative "we're looking into it" sort of affair. The announcement by Sony of cart production for North American and European publishers forced this to be officially terminated as not feasible in the time constraints.

When was 13 Sentinels announced as cancelled?
Sadly it wasn't, Atlus quietly removed all mention of "Vita" from the game's about page on the main Atlus website, from the game's official English website, and from the teaser trailer up on YouTube. Couple this with it being a no-show at E3 and the proverbial writing is on the wall for a English Vita release of this one. I'm suspecting they they will likely re-develop it as a Switch release, even though Japan is still slated to get it physically on the Vita.

I believe it was either in May or early June. Technically it was never confirmed as a title that would be coming out, just a tentative "we're looking into it" sort of affair. The announcement by Sony of cart production for North American and European publishers forced this to be officially terminated as not feasible in the time constraints.

Sadly it wasn't, Atlus quietly removed all mention of "Vita" from the game's about page on the main Atlus website, from the game's official English website, and from the teaser trailer up on YouTube. Couple this with it being a no-show at E3 and the proverbial writing is on the wall for a English Vita release of this one. I'm suspecting they they will likely re-develop it as a Switch release, even though Japan is still slated to get it physically on the Vita.
https://twitter.com/CausalBitGames/status/1013241974525132800

Seems like the game is still coming out just not physically for the Vita.

Seems like the game is still coming out just not physically for the Vita.
Yeah, that was pretty much how I remembered it, as the PS4 was the only sure thing. I pledged at the time knowing the Vita game getting physical was going to be a hard sale, but I figured with LRG being a partner, it was a better chance than not. I also figured the NS could be on the table if the Vita failed, but I'm a fan of G&G, so I wanted to support this project no matter what. I'll take the PS4 if that's all that's offered, but the NS would be my weapon of choice if it ever happens.

It's like having a conversation with kids.

"Can I get chocolate ice cream?"

"I never said we were going to get ice cream."

"Oh. Well If we DO go, I want chocolate."
"Yeah, I want chocolate too!"

"We're NOT going to get ice cream."

Nice! I wondered if any of DrinkBox's games would get physical releases.
Yeah, after physical Guacamelee for the PS4 got offered, and with no Vita offerings in sight, I figured they didn't give a damn about Vita. As the numbers they sold on the PS4 could have easily been sold on the Vita as well. Seemed like money left on the table for sure, so maybe there is some bigger picture in mind, as I would still love to get that title on Vita as well. Hopefully if this sells well, they will make it happen.

I'm going to have to watch some reviews to see what this is all about. The art looks interesting, but I wasn't familiar with the game, and I honestly have no idea WTF is going on from looking at screen shots haha. 

Severed is one of my favorite Vita games, right below the tier that is occupied by P4G/Odin/TitS EVO.

Excited, but most likely I won't be able to afford it.

On the plus side, your name is clearly appropriate. Yay synergy? Haha
Yep. As much as I love my Vita (as indicated by my trophies), I have resisted the urge of physical collecting, this rabbit hole is just too expensive for me. Recently held off the urge to import the physical version of Valkyrie Revolution, and bought it for $17 from the PSN sale.

Yep. As much as I love my Vita (as indicated by my trophies), I have resisted the urge of physical collecting, this rabbit hole is just too expensive for me. Recently held off the urge to import the physical version of Valkyrie Revolution, and bought it for $17 from the PSN sale.
You have more self-control than I do. I am very, very far down the collector rabbit hole. I drew the line at 5th gen systems and on (do NOT want to be pursuing CIB NES/SNES games) but that's the only imaginary 'collector stipulation' I've set. All systems beyond that are fair game and must be kept up on, plus anime, blu-rays, strategy guides, artbooks, and manga. Oh, and did I mention mint items only? What a life... lol

I'm going to have to watch some reviews to see what this is all about. The art looks interesting, but I wasn't familiar with the game, and I honestly have no idea WTF is going on from looking at screen shots haha.
It's a great game and I actually just plat'd it a week ago.

Think of a game you would play on a tablet with Guacamelee visuals. Be prepared for some heavy swiping for the latter third of the game though.

So during the GameSlop pre-Independence Day "Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used" Sale, I ordered a dozen used $9.99 games because Christmas is only five months away. Now for those of you who may recall I had pretty good success during this same such sale last year (believe on Black Friday), and all but just a couple of the games I ordered then arrived in at least a GS replacement case.

Well I'm already worried about this order. Presently the bulk of the games, seven of them to be precise, are all coming in one package due to be delivered today (Friday), and according to UPS the package weight is a mere thirteen ounces. If that is accurate, and it may not be because of how corporate shipping accounts work, there could be seven games showing up in sleeves, yuck.

Two more games are showing ETA for Monday. And the last three games on the order haven't even shipped yet, even though the order was placed on Tuesday! Worth noting the two games due in on Monday list as being a eight ounce (half-pound) package, hmmm. Shall keep the board posted on how this all turns out.

Yeah, after physical Guacamelee for the PS4 got offered, and with no Vita offerings in sight, I figured they didn't give a damn about Vita. As the numbers they sold on the PS4 could have easily been sold on the Vita as well. Seemed like money left on the table for sure, so maybe there is some bigger picture in mind, as I would still love to get that title on Vita as well. Hopefully if this sells well, they will make it happen.
Given how touch heavy the game is, I don't think there's too many port options for Severed so a Vita release makes sense. The Switch (in handheld mode) seems like a likely destination for a port of this game though.

So during the GameSlop pre-Independence Day "Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used" Sale, I ordered a dozen used $9.99 games because Christmas is only five months away. Now for those of you who may recall I had pretty good success during this same such sale last year (believe on Black Friday), and all but just a couple of the games I ordered then arrived in at least a GS replacement case.

Well I'm already worried about this order. Presently the bulk of the games, seven of them to be precise, are all coming in one package due to be delivered today (Friday), and according to UPS the package weight is a mere thirteen ounces. If that is accurate, and it may not be because of how corporate shipping accounts work, there could be seven games showing up in sleeves, yuck.

Two more games are showing ETA for Monday. And the last three games on the order haven't even shipped yet, even though the order was placed on Tuesday! Worth noting the two games due in on Monday list as being a eight ounce (half-pound) package, hmmm. Shall keep the board posted on how this all turns out.
The last 6-7 orders I placed with GS have all been game only... I don't think I've gotten a case with a GS game in years when ordering online.

Given how touch heavy the game is, I don't think there's too many port options for Severed so a Vita release makes sense. The Switch (in handheld mode) seems like a likely destination for a port of this game though.

The last 6-7 orders I placed with GS have all been game only... I don't think I've gotten a case with a GS game in years when ordering online.
Same here. Since I care about cases and such I only buy from GS in-store now. Tweeg seems to have historically good results, though, so fingers crossed for him.

Same here. Since I care about cases and such I only buy from GS in-store now. Tweeg seems to have historically good results, though, so fingers crossed for him.
Good news! Package (bubble envelope) just arrived! Details:

2x Dungeon Hunter Alliance- Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Original Case
Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids - Original Case with ad insert.
2x PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Both in original cases, and one even still has the online mode activation code insert.
Spy Hunter - GS generic replacement case

Also, not so much a deal as confirmation that this game is really becoming hard to find. Aksys selling off the last of their copies at Anime Expo.:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1015281701721763840

That Severed CE is awesome. Good to see Play-Asia putting out more quality releases at an affordable price.
good thing LRG didnt pick this up or they wouldve charge $24.99 + $5.50 shipping = $30.50. PA for $32 shipped with soundtrack CD plus a box .... after coupon = great deal

I know this thread is mostly about late release and limited edition carts, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest any Vita games that are currently on sale during the PSN Mid-Year Sale that are PSTV compatible. The only reason that I wanted to ask the question here is that most PSTV compatibility lists that I've found using Google haven't been updated in years, and there might be games that were more recently released that will work on the PSTV. I assume you guys play these games every now and then?

I know this thread is mostly about late release and limited edition carts, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest any Vita games that are currently on sale during the PSN Mid-Year Sale that are PSTV compatible. The only reason that I wanted to ask the question here is that most PSTV compatibility lists that I've found using Google haven't been updated in years, and there might be games that were more recently released that will work on the PSTV. I assume you guys play these games every now and then?
This list is fairly up to date: http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-compatible-games-north-america/

bread's done
Back