PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about any and all things Vita. The conversation usually just happens to be about the same couple of things. (There was actually a big stink about this some time ago, because some people didn't seem to notice the "& Discussion" part of the title.)

This thread is about any and all things Vita. The conversation usually just happens to be about the same couple of things. (There was actually a big stink about this some time ago, because some people didn't seem to notice the "& Discussion" part of the title.)
Just a little self-deprecating humor about how I'm too poor to afford most physical late releases for the Vita. I like the PSN sales when they come around, but since the PSTV is the bastard child of the PlayStation family, it's hard to know if there are any good games from the current sale that will actually work on it. If there are any recommendations that are cross-buy with PS4, that would be even better. I just wish PSN worked like Google Play where if the game isn't compatible or just sucks, you can request a refund and get the money back on your account within seconds. I wouldn't have to ask these kinds of questions if that was the case.

Good news! Package (bubble envelope) just arrived! Details:

2x Dungeon Hunter Alliance- Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Original Case
Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids - Original Case with ad insert.
2x PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Both in original cases, and one even still has the online mode activation code insert.
Spy Hunter - GS generic replacement case

Also, not so much a deal as confirmation that this game is really becoming hard to find. Aksys selling off the last of their copies at Anime Expo.:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1015281701721763840
There's a new copy of Period Cube available at a local GS, if someone really wants it at retail price lmk, I'm assuming it's 'gamestop new' though

Anyone know what the minimum required fw for Muv Luv is? Wanna order them physically but just want to make sure I'll be able to play them without having to update out of my modded system

Speaking of muv-luv, wasn’t there some promo if you bought both games and showed the publisher a receipt, you would get a pin set or something? I couldn’t find any info, I’m assuming I missed the window. I’ve got both copies on their way to me now.

Speaking of muv-luv, wasn’t there some promo if you bought both games and showed the publisher a receipt, you would get a pin set or something? I couldn’t find any info, I’m assuming I missed the window. I’ve got both copies on their way to me now.
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/1012757599912185861

I think you're thinking about this

I think you're thinking about this
Ooh, thanks. I had forgotten about that promo.

It looks like Amazon Prime / GCU discounts are okay:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/988937994886238209

I did preorder before the promo date window, and at least one game shipped before the promo started (to arrive on release day, I guess), so hopefully they're not sticklers.

I sent my stuff in a little over a week ago for the Summer of Mystery promotion, but they haven't responded or acknowledged my email. Dunno exactly what's going on, but several others have had the same experience.

I sent my stuff in a little over a week ago for the Summer of Mystery promotion, but they haven't responded or acknowledged my email. Dunno exactly what's going on, but several others have had the same experience.
Same here, submitted the required stuff the Friday that Ashen Hawk launched and likewise haven't had any response concerning my submission.

Emailed them my stuff last week and got a response back a couple days later. All my games were preorders from Best Buy using GCU. They said that is fine and they will be getting in touch soon.

Aksys responded on Twitter the other day that they will be sending out the confirmations for the promo after Anime Expo (i.e. sometime after today).  

Good news! Packages (all bubble envelopes) arrived containing the remaining 5 Vita games from the GameSlop order. Details:

2x One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Tearaway - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Code: Embryo - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Lost: Memories - Original Case with ad insert.

So to recap, out of a dozen (12) used Vita games ordered during the sale, all twelve arrived in cases! Of those, five games arrived in their original cases and the remaining seven were in generic black replacement cases. And out of the twelve, only two cases, both of which were the generic GS black replacements cases, arrived physically broken.

Good news! Packages (all bubble envelopes) arrived containing the remaining 5 Vita games from the GameSlop order. Details:
2x One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Tearaway - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Code: Embryo - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Lost: Memories - Original Case with ad insert.

So to recap, out of a dozen (12) used Vita games ordered during the sale, all twelve arrived in cases! Of those, five games arrived in their original cases and the remaining seven were in generic black replacement cases. And out of the twelve, only two cases, both of which were the generic GS black replacements cases, arrived physically broken.
Falls in line with my experience of a ~40% chance of getting CIB game.

Got an email recently that the Kickstarter physical rewards are starting to be sent out for Muv Luv.  I'm guessing this includes the Vita games though they weren't mentioned specifically in the email.

Got an email recently that the Kickstarter physical rewards are starting to be sent out for Muv Luv. I'm guessing this includes the Vita games though they weren't mentioned specifically in the email.
Yep, same here. Thanks for noting this as I have my kickstarter emails auto deposited to a separate folder outside of my inbox. The link said they will ship 100 to 150 packages out a day until everything is shipped.

Crunching the numbers the kickstarter had 4766 purchases with physical items. This doesn't count addons from those that pledged $1 for the backerkit access or those that added on. Let's round up to 5000 total packages... and 150 per day... 5 days a week... rounding up... looks like it'll be around 7 weeks to ship at best everything out... I'd estimate 10 weeks though just to cover the physical backerkit additions.

100 to 150 per day is pretty weak sauce. I hope they start with the game only purchases.. or they get more efficient.

At this point, I kind of wish I got some of the other offerings from the Muv Luv kickstarter, some of the pics of the goodies I've seen look really nice.

I only backed the physical Vita release, which I still have yet to receive and could have had a long time ago if I bought it from an online retailer instead. But yeah, additional goodies would have made it worth the wait. Instead, I paid way early to be the last in line.
That being said, it was probably cheaper to be a KS backer, I also got a digital copy that I've been playing. So I can't really complain. I've been seeing a lot of pics on twitter lately. Really cool to see people finally get their Muv Luv.

Anyone know what the minimum required fw for Muv Luv is? Wanna order them physically but just want to make sure I'll be able to play them without having to update out of my modded system
I think 3.68
But I'm assuming you already know about the hacks that exist for current firmware?

I'm not really sure what I'll do with my Vita Kickstarter copies (didn't get the fancy CE). I'm very likely playing on Steam with 18+ patches applied.

I think 3.68
But I'm assuming you already know about the hacks that exist for current firmware?
Yeah these games do require 3.68. I saw the new 3.68 hack but it seems like too much work to be honest. I'm happy with my 3.65 modded. I figured out how to make them run on 3.65 though so it's fine.

Really funny. I ordered both from Amazon and they showed up and I had no idea they were rated M. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but totally had no idea what I was getting into. I started Muv Luv Extra yesterday and I'm not too far in but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. I'm playing in the correct order though right? I think it's Extra then whatever else is in that cart and then Alternative correct?

I started Muv Luv Extra yesterday and I'm not too far in but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. I'm playing in the correct order though right? I think it's Extra then whatever else is in that cart and then Alternative correct?
Yeah it's Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative

We all know we want a pigeon mask. :whistle2:

https://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/punch-line-cheermancy-edition-ps-vita-us-version

punch_line_cheermancy.jpg

I've been trying to get the standard edition, but the Rice link for Vita US standard edition is a 404.
The standard versions are probable going to be put up on Amazon eventually (like prior PQube titles) so I would just order from there anyway to save on shipping.

The standard versions are probable going to be put up on Amazon eventually (like prior PQube titles) so I would just order from there anyway to save on shipping.
Yeah, I would recommend Amazon as well, but not to save on shipping, but to avoid Rice like the plague. LOL

VGP in Canada also often gets these PQube titles, and they often include a bonus item as well at no charge and they ship from the US as well.

EDIT: If and when anyone orders from VGP, remember to use Paypal, as they had some security issues awhile back in regards to straight CC orders.

So here's a big dumb idiot question... How do I save the game in Muv Luv? I thought it autosaves... Reloaded the game and had no save and had to start over... Can't even figure out how to get to a menu. Very confused lol

So here's a big dumb idiot question... How do I save the game in Muv Luv? I thought it autosaves... Reloaded the game and had no save and had to start over... Can't even figure out how to get to a menu. Very confused lol
Square brings up the menu, which gives you the option to save. Triangle brings up the backlog, R is skip, Start is Auto, Select is English/Japanese toggle, O is hide text.

Fairly standard VN controls, but it's weird that there was no screen explaining the controls.

Square brings up the menu, which gives you the option to save. Triangle brings up the backlog, R is skip, Start is Auto, Select is English/Japanese toggle, O is hide text.

Fairly standard VN controls, but it's weird that there was no screen explaining the controls.
Thanks! I figured out the start and select and with those buttons being out I was super confused. Thanks for the tip!

anyone know if it slows down on the vita? hesitating because I WANT IT.... but at the same time debating if it would be better to just opt for the ps4 ver and just link my vita to play it on my vita...
It has frame-rate issues in game and stuttering issues when accessing inventory on Vita.

anyone know if it slows down on the vita? hesitating because I WANT IT.... but at the same time debating if it would be better to just opt for the ps4 ver and just link my vita to play it on my vita...
When you got several builder weapons going while also using EX moves, it can slow down dramatically. It can be annoying especially when you're on Newtype difficulty and just a few hits will kill you. That being said, it is manageable and is a blast to play if you're into customization.

Is Hue the only title going up this week? Could've sworn I saw something about Exile's End as well, but it's not on their site yet.
July 20th
Thumper PS4/Switch, Hue PS4/Vita

July 27th
Exile's End PS4/Vita, Everspace PS4

August 3rd
West of Loathing (NS)

August 10th
Phantom Breaker PS4/Vita, Rabi Ribi PS4/Vita

August 24th
Senran Kagura: BA Vita, Unknown PS4/Vita

September 7th
2 Unknown PS4 games, Salt and Sanctuary PS4/Vita

RiceDigital is the worst retailer ever they will never get my money. They actually don't have customer support. I had a payment issue on their site and was waiting for months for a reply. They've still not replied to this day. Meanwhile the game in question became available from VGP and it was way cheaper too so they got my money instead. I hope this will be the case for punch line as well.

Just a PSA but Hue was free on PS+.  If you have it, try it first.  IMO all the Curve Digital releases are fairly solid as digital titles (one play through and done)... can't say I really want to own any of them physically.  This one reminds me a bit of Thomas Was Alone, but prettier.  It'll be fun for one run I think.

Also as mentioned in the LRG thread, the Vita version of Exile's End was free on PS+ (Back in Feb).  If you have it, give that a try before you throw money at it.  After playing it a few hours (which makes me about 1/2 way through the game)... I have to say all the negative reviews are pretty well justified.  It's not Superman64 terrible, but it's by no means a great game.

It's amateurishly designed.  A lot of the difficulty comes from the need to traverse the map many times back and fourth because there is no fast travel and you need certain items to open certain doors.  The rest of the difficulty comes from how most of your health, energy and ammo comes from enemy drops but enemy drops for health and ammo are on the more rare side and with only three or so enemies per room that can drop anything (as some enemies don't drop anything) it makes the grind much more of a grind than any metroid game ever.  There is a loophole, just kill your character or quit and restart a room if you make too big of a mistake since the game saves every time you go in a room.  Still you'll need to grind at some point because random item drops aren't very common for the important stuff and early on in the game you will lose health even taking some jumps that are not much of a drop at all.    Grinding is an artificial way to extend what is a very short game as is the lack of any fast travel.   So the overall world really ends up one rather lack luster boring puzzle... where the map will more confuse you than help you and eventually you will get stuck because there are many choke points in the game where you need to remember one bit of info and then traverse the map trying to remember where it was that happened.   The map will be almost no help during these moments.  It's not the worst game I've ever played or anything... but it's not something I'd stake my rep on and recommend.  Definitely play it on PS+ if you got it that way before throwing money at it... watch a video... or just keep your expectations as low as humanly possible and buy it.

bread's done
Back