PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, they way Vita is being handle you are pretty lucky to even get the typical GS black cases now. They seem to now put Vita games into those clear small single cases they have on display behind glass.
yeah seeing how stores are, unless you can buy in person, to make space for more toys the lesser games get the clear treatment, just got a 3ds game with that treatment and no case, best to try a get a game in person or look for a new one if you want a chance for the case

Desperate Vita owners wanting to buy stuff. I'll likely get the 3 NISA standard editions and pre-order as soon as they go up.
if you have owned a vita since early on chances are you already have what u want, that said besides waiting for whenever my lrg order gets mailed, hard to find any physicals around worth getting, heavy releases holiday season being a hamper to buying for the backlog

The Gematsu article implies that a standard Vita edition will be published with an MSRP of $30. You should be good.
I do hope that is the case because while I do enjoy DRPGs a lot I feel like the switch is not really the platform I would use a lot. To me they are the type of games like roguelikes where you carry it around in your pocket and do light play sessions. Switch is not the most ideal thing to stick in your pocket unless you want to take off the joycons.

Anyone buy any games from the recent pro day at GameStop? I risked not getting a case with the 4 games I ordered. The discounts really weren't bad. The CAG code combined with the extra 10% off and the pro discount.

So I ordered a few Vita games from Play Asia. They shipped the 18th of October, made it to the US on the 29th.....and nothing since. Is this normal? I’ve only had two prior orders with PA.

So I ordered a few Vita games from Play Asia. They shipped the 18th of October, made it to the US on the 29th.....and nothing since. Is this normal? I’ve only had two prior orders with PA.
Are they sitting in an ISC? That's customs and it can take a bit to clear.

Yeah. Play-Asia orders usually take ~3 weeks to get to me. Shipping volume (holidays are upon us) and the federal holiday today may set it back another week or so though.

P-A also does have really fast expedited shipping, unfortunately it's often too expensive for my cheap ass to consider.

Yeah, customs is always the wild card, as it can take a day or a month for a package to clear. I had an order from PA earlier this year that once it reached LA, it took a week or two to finally get to me. Reaching our shore is key, as that means it got here, but USPS has no reason to get it to you quick, especially if it's a busy time of year(holidays).

Just to drive home the point that everyone else has already made, I've had orders from PA delivered in about a week and orders that have taken over a month. Depending on what kind of tracking you have on that order you may not get any more updates until it shows up at your door, either. It can be kind of annoying, but it's normal. Just part of the import game.

Anyone buy any games from the recent pro day at GameStop? I risked not getting a case with the 4 games I ordered. The discounts really weren't bad. The CAG code combined with the extra 10% off and the pro discount.
Just got them in today. Outcast Second Contact and Akiba's Trip (PS4) came complete (Akiba's Trip even had the manual). Danganronpa (Vita) came cart only, which I was expecting. Prices after discount were: $2.93 for Outcast, $8.81 for Akiba's Trip, $11.75 for Danganronpa.

Just got them in today. Outcast Second Contact and Akiba's Trip (PS4) came complete (Akiba's Trip even had the manual). Danganronpa (Vita) came cart only, which I was expecting. Prices after discount were: $2.93 for Outcast, $8.81 for Akiba's Trip, $11.75 for Danganronpa.
I also ordered Danganronpa but 2 & V3. Hoping to get lucky though as they are supposed to arrive tomorrow. We will see.

Not sure if this was posted yet but Best Buy currently has death mark regular and limited edition switched on their site. Regular edition is marked at $60, limited at $40.

Doubt they actually send the limited at the lower price but I tried anyway. We will see on Thursday

Not sure if this was posted yet but Best Buy currently has death mark regular and limited edition switched on their site. Regular edition is marked at $60, limited at $40.

Doubt they actually send the limited at the lower price but I tried anyway. We will see on Thursday
I'm pretty sure they got their listings mixed up. The listing for the Limited Edition that I preordered and received was changed to the standard edition sometime in early November, then they added a new "limited edition" listing with the same price as the standard (and am pretty sure it is the standard). Would be awesome if it was the LE but I doubt it since I think they sold out of their LE allotment.

I'm pretty sure they got their listings mixed up. The listing for the Limited Edition that I preordered and received was changed to the standard edition sometime in early November, then they added a new "limited edition" listing with the same price as the standard (and am pretty sure it is the standard). Would be awesome if it was the LE but I doubt it since I think they sold out of their LE allotment.
Yeah I mean they currently have both on their site in stock so who knows. No biggie if it’s not as I still need the game for my collection and I used some rewards to make it cheaper. Really doubt I get lucky though

Yeah I mean they currently have both on their site in stock so who knows. No biggie if it’s not as I still need the game for my collection and I used some rewards to make it cheaper. Really doubt I get lucky though
Oh, the $59.99 one was sold out last night when I browsed the site. If you want the LE I would suggest ordering that one. Or order both and return the one you don't want.

I just placed an order for both LE (39.99) and standard (59.99) for Vita.  Will report my findings once I receive both.  LE listing was for pick up only and standard is shipped.

To anyone that bought the Death Mark LE on release, is the SKU for that the same as the current one? Wondering if they changed it or anything, might not matter though.

EDIT: Figured out that the SKU for the LE during the preorder was the same as the SE is now.. so the listings probably are screwed up.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Code: Realize Wintertide Miracles - PlayStation Vita"

Amazon cancel my order.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Amazon cancel my order.
Looks like the standard edition is currently unavailable altogether on Amazon. The LE is still in stock, interestingly enough.

Hello,

Amazon cancel my order.
They canceled my order too. I ordered like an hour after it went up. What the heck? :(

I also ordered and just wanted to report in copies and condition, as I was pleasantly surprised:

Grand Kingdom - complete with case
Sly Cooper:Thieves in time- complete with case
Dynasty Warriors: Next - complete with case
XBlaze: Lost Memories - complete with case
XBlaze: Code embryo - cart only

Pretty stoked and thanks to all who reported early the CAG16 with promo for ProDays

Just got my games and it was one of my more “worse” luck purchases. Ended up get like 6 different packages for 10 games for some reason as a lot were shipped separately. Anyways my Danganronpa V3 was in generic case (really thought that would be CIB if any) and Danganronpa 2 was in the Danganronpa Ultra Girls case for some reason. Also Period Cube was in a plastic sleeve. Then my DS, GC, and PS1 games were all loose and most were in poor shape so it looks like I struck out. Oh well can’t win them all.

That order sounds like typical whatever trade ins from Gamestop. I wont buy from them unless I see what i'm getting in stores. Some copies are frankly poop and the same for their cases and such.

Dang those are some sweet prices.
Why did you get akiba for PS4 instead of vita? Overall super lucky to get case and manual. I didn't even know it had one.

Just received my GameStop order. Two were in cases and two were just carts.
Of course they gave me Seran Kagura estival versus instead of shinovi versus. Like the whole case and game said estival versus. I feel like someone just tossed in the first Seran Kagura they saw. The customer service person said I'll be sent a replacement and to "return the other game when you can."
Guess I'll play the new games I bought while I wait. Dragon's crown (in case), gravity rush ( cart only) and toukiden kiwami(cart only).

Dang those are some sweet prices.
Why did you get akiba for PS4 instead of vita? Overall super lucky to get case and manual. I didn't even know it had one.
I already had the Vita version and I decided to buy the PS4 version as I noticed it has started to get a little hard to find at a decent price (and may only go up since its a niche title).

Strictly Limited games will have Umihara Kawase Vita up this weekend! Nice surprise as it’s always been a solid platformer.

Strictly Limited games will have Umihara Kawase Vita up this weekend! Nice surprise as it’s always been a solid platformer.
Limited edition releases this weekend, standard edition releases next weekend. Thought it was worth mentioning since it wasn't very clear in their announcement (it's some text in the corner of their announcement picture).

Umihara Kawase is a really good game. It plays well on the Vita as well (3DS not so much). I would recommend it if you don't own it.
I imported it once from asia and found it to be very difficult especially since the menus were in a different language. I ended up selling it. I wonder if I should buy it again, give it another shot.

I imported it once from asia and found it to be very difficult especially since the menus were in a different language. I ended up selling it. I wonder if I should buy it again, give it another shot.
yeah i had to go digital with this since it was quick grap before it got delisted, fun but difficult platformer and can be tricky to navigate because of the hook and line concept with it also being a top to bottom stages

I always feel so alienated when people talk about Gamestop used orders and purchases lol. As a collector, I think that a higher tier of item is all but mandatory to ensure my collection isn't a huge room of beat up plastic. It's like someone who has a ton of creased and heavily read comics vs nice, mint ones that have been carefully read and are in protective sleeves--there is just no comparison. The biggest offender for Gamestop is cover art. I've seen a very small handful of used Gamestop games, for any system, that don't have damaged cover art. Those indentations and creases that they all have from rough handling just scream beat up junk.

I always feel so alienated when people talk about Gamestop used orders and purchases lol. As a collector, I think that a higher tier of item is all but mandatory to ensure my collection isn't a huge room of beat up plastic. It's like someone who has a ton of creased and heavily read comics vs nice, mint ones that have been carefully read and are in protective sleeves--there is just no comparison. The biggest offender for Gamestop is cover art. I've seen a very small handful of used Gamestop games, for any system, that don't have damaged cover art. Those indentations and creases that they all have from rough handling just scream beat up junk.
I think this mentality only works if your collection is a couple hundred games. I have about 5000 games... not all of them are mint and it doesn't bug me in the least because I know how cheaply I acquired them over the years compared to their relative worth. Dont get me wrong, I don't buy absolute trash copies but when I'm picking up a ps3 game for $4, I don't care if there's a crease in the artwork or a bent manual as long as it's all there. If I did, I would have missed out on a lot of great deals---or had to pay a lot more on ebay for mint or sealed copies.

I think this mentality only works if your collection is a couple hundred games. I have about 5000 games... not all of them are mint and it doesn't bug me in the least because I know how cheaply I acquired them over the years compared to their relative worth. When I'm picking up a ps3 game for $4, I don't care if there's a crease in the artwork or a bent manual as long as it's there. If I did, I would have missed out on a lot of great deals---or had to pay a lot more on ebay for mint or sealed copies.
Definitely a difference of where one places importance and priorities. If something isn't up to my standards, I don't want that crap in my house (for the aforementioned reasons, even if it's free). Damaged games are cheaper for a reason, after all haha.

I'm currently sitting at about 2,250 games, and I have a list maintained of those (I'd say 5% or less of the total) that slipped through the cracks (mainly from when I was young) that I slowly chip away at replacing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

For ultra cheap prices I don't care what my games are like as long as they run. I have a boat load of clearanced out PS2 gamestop games. I got them very cheap at least. Anything I pay good money for I hope to be complete and in good condition.

You said "very cheap", but that's still underselling it - those PS2 games were literally as low as 40 cents when they were being cleared out. I picked up a bunch myself, including rare ones like Suikoden.

I'm pretty picky about the condition of the games I've bought.  The vast majority of everything I own is complete... however there have been a few cart only deals that were so cheap (DS/GBA) that I've caved during a by 2 get 1 sale or whatever to go ahead and pick them up.  Still, it's probably around 25 games total between all systems (half are PS2 games from the GS liquidation).  The only blemish on my Vita collection is Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ 1 because the box art has promotional crap on it but when I bought it there were stickers covering the offending bits so the art looked normal.   I don't mind buying a used game if I just need to remove stickers (even ink on plastic, as I'm good at that)... but I always aim for complete and as near mint as I can find.  It makes it easier to sell later if I decide to do that.

Personally I don't care what other people's collections contain.  If they are cool with a collection of incomplete games... it doesn't matter.  What is more important a judgement from me would be if you even play the games.   I've fallen in the trap before of buying more than I ever could play and getting somewhat burned out on even playing them... but I'm done with that phase and moved on to my ultra picky tactic of only buying what I think will be the most fun stuff that I will open and play.  It's saved me a lot of money and my game time has gone up considerably.  This year alone I think I've bought maybe 11 new release games and that's counting my preorder for Smash Bros... and maybe 8 classic games.  I'm gearing up to sell off a boatload of stuff too... so it'll be nice to see the collection shrink down to what I love the most.

I've reach the same point myself. I may be insane and actually backlogged just about every pc game I have digitally through bundles and steam and such on howlongtobeat.com . It's close to 7000ish right now. I'll never play all those so i'm pretty much just going through and putting a want to play sometime or something.

For actual physical games. I just go do I want to play this in the future or soon or ever and if it keeps pointing towards not playing i'll donate or sell it depend on how much it's worth.

I do agree that games are meant to be played. Someday I'm opening a few more of my LRG games. Likely selling some early ones like my Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG. 

RwlZv.jpg

I think this mentality only works if your collection is a couple hundred games. I have about 5000 games... not all of them are mint and it doesn't bug me in the least because I know how cheaply I acquired them over the years compared to their relative worth. Dont get me wrong, I don't buy absolute trash copies but when I'm picking up a ps3 game for $4, I don't care if there's a crease in the artwork or a bent manual as long as it's all there. If I did, I would have missed out on a lot of great deals---or had to pay a lot more on ebay for mint or sealed copies.
In my early years of collecting I missed out on owning lots of rare games and systems because I was stupid and holding out for either a copy in better condition or more or less complete copies. I am still kicking myself over certain games and systems that I passed up on because of that mentality I had back then to this very day.

But this goes back to the fact that there really isn't a wrong way to collect anything, it's all about what the individual collector is happy with, and if buying your games factory sealed is what makes you happy, then there isn't any problem with that. If like myself your just happy to own a playable copy of a title, that's fine too. Collecting stuff isn't a science, it's a hobby where ones' collection is determined on a individual basis of preferences and subjectivity.

For ultra cheap prices I don't care what my games are like as long as they run. I have a boat load of clearanced out PS2 gamestop games. I got them very cheap at least. Anything I pay good money for I hope to be complete and in good condition.
Yeah, a cheap game is a cheap game, and if it's something I really want to play and it comes down to a matter of condition versus price with a wide margin between then price will almost always win out.

Has anyone been able to figure out what the situation is with Umihara from SLG and the two cover art variants? It appears that the CE may have one, while the standard has the other, but the product listing doesn't point that out as a selling point, so I'm not sure. Their release of Stardust Galaxy Warriors had two cover variants and had to be separate releases, not reversible, due to the way their number their games. There was justified backlash, though, so I'm not sure if they would do that again. 

Edit: Dug through tweets and found it. The CE has exclusive cover art.

I agree and also - there's way to repair some of the damage done. Creases can flattened back with heavy books lighly ironing if it bothers someone that much.

And the vita cases are plastic and resistant to ispropyl-rubbing alcohol cleaning if you remove the artwork manual. I feel like many of us don't 'expect' to find it in mint condition and are willing to put in the time/effort/elbow grease when appropriate.

bread's done
Back