PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but it looks like AW Phoenix Fiesta also got delisted on PSN. Looks like it may be a trend developing for Bandai-Namco licensed games, if you're interested in any this would be a good time to make those purchases.
Thanks for the heads up, I was holding off on the import because I thought I would grab the digital on sale at some point, now I will have hustle to get in my next batch of Vita imports.

Riddled Corpses EX is up for pre-order from Red Art now: https://www.redartgames.com/accueil/27-riddled-corpses-ex-playstation-vita-3770011615063.html

I'm really surprised they were able to register as a publisher and get this many carts this late in the game.
Well, since the shutdown was announced, I was under the impression that US was ending in March, while Japanese cart production would continue past that time. So was there ever any mention of EU cart production, and when it would be ending? Just because Sony US is complete shit in providing needed qty's to those in need, maybe Sony EU is actually helping publisher, instead of making it tough.

EDIT: BTW, that game looks cool, hadn't really heard of it before, but looks like a quality title for sure. I for sure would have gotten it earlier if it was offered, but I'm done at this point with Vita games unless they are the last few LRG offerings.

Well, since the shutdown was announced, I was under the impression that US was ending in March, while Japanese cart production would continue past that time. So was there ever any mention of EU cart production, and when it would be ending? Just because Sony US is complete shit in providing needed qty's to those in need, maybe Sony EU is actually helping publisher, instead of making it tough.

EDIT: BTW, that game looks cool, hadn't really heard of it before, but looks like a quality title for sure. I for sure would have gotten it earlier if it was offered, but I'm done at this point with Vita games unless they are the last few LRG offerings.
My understanding is that there is one big pool of remaining Vita carts and it's divided between the regions in some way and then further divided between the remaining publishers including LRG. It is surprising to me that a new publisher is somehow getting quantities of 3,000 per Vita release though.

My understanding is that there is one big pool of remaining Vita carts and it's divided between the regions in some way and then further divided between the remaining publishers including LRG. It is surprising to me that a new publisher is somehow getting quantities of 3,000 per Vita release though.
My assumption has been that each publisher is getting an equal allotment of carts, and can choose what they do with them. Some companies, like NISA, appear to be publishing a smaller amount of games, with larger print runs, whereas LRG is choosing to print as many games as they can with smaller print runs. Pure speculation, but it would kind of make sense.

Has anyone had experience importing from RedArt? Considering ordering 1 of all their Vita titles but their site just kind of screams sketchy headache.
I’ve ordered all of their Vita games, but haven’t received any of the games. There haven’t been email updates on anything. I for sure paid with PayPal to be safe.

Their support is pretty bad. It takes days or weeks to get a response.

Has anyone had experience importing from RedArt? Considering ordering 1 of all their Vita titles but their site just kind of screams sketchy headache.
I received Ice Cream Surfer recently, whether I want to admit it or not. I too kind of got a sketchy vibe from them, but thankfully everything arrived in one piece. Nothing to complain about yet.

The guy that published it for the Vita (AKA Cowcat Games) frequents the Vita subreddit and is a pretty cool guy, plus this is a pretty fun little game. Even if you only pick up one of RedArt's releases, I'd say this is the one to go for so far.

As for EU production, it's lumped in with NA production per the Kotaku article that IIRC originally broke the news: https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

The guy that published it for the Vita (AKA Cowcat Games) frequents the Vita subreddit and is a pretty cool guy, plus this is a pretty fun little game. Even if you only pick up one of RedArt's releases, I'd say this is the one to go for so far.

As for EU production, it's lumped in with NA production per the Kotaku article that IIRC originally broke the news: https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406
Yeah, I had thought EU may have been lumped in, I just couldn't remember or not as I was mostly focused on US & Asia releases, as I rarely buy EU games(but I have a few).

It's often cheaper to pick up the Euro version than the NTSC one. The Vita's region-free status makes collecting Vita games feasible instead of frustrating.

Finally very happy with the Holiday sale this year and picked up two games that have been on my wishlist since their release. Valkyria Revolution and Secret of Mana. Now I just have to figure out how to get about 5GB of space allocated for these two games on my 16GB memory card.

Finally very happy with the Holiday sale this year and picked up two games that have been on my wishlist since their release. Valkyria Revolution and Secret of Mana. Now I just have to figure out how to get about 5GB of space allocated for these two games on my 16GB memory card.
I really enjoyed played Valkyria Revolution until the very last mission where it just slammed with me with a difficulty spike, had to give up because a death wipes the entire final mission progress.

I received my copy in the mail yesterday, limited to only 999 copies guys!

https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/1080844156895981568

I received my copy in the mail yesterday, limited to only 999 copies guys!

https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/1080844156895981568
Got mine yesterday as well. I was really skeptical of RedArt at first, but they seem to be legit and they've got some decent games in their lineup now (Riddled Corpses, Bard's Tale, Demetrios). Wonder how many more games they'll put out before EoL?

Just picked mine up, it was actually new new. I'm shook

EDIT: thanks for sharing
thats not believable as gs has the policy to unwrap non preorders and stick the new tag on them and sell it as new, good if a lazy employee went against it but its always questionable buying new from them with that policy since its usually gutted or used because of that policy

thats not believable as gs has the policy to unwrap non preorders and stick the new tag on them and sell it as new, good if a lazy employee went against it but its always questionable buying new from them with that policy since its usually gutted or used because of that policy
Last I heard (from my old manager there), that policy only applies to floor copies, out where a customer can just pick up the case. Anything kept behind the counter or in one of the drawers/stock room stays in the shrink wrap.

Can honestly say I haven't preordered anything from GameStop in years, and any "new" game I buy in store has always been shrinkwrapped because I never get the floor copy.

Got mine yesterday as well. I was really skeptical of RedArt at first, but they seem to be legit and they've got some decent games in their lineup now (Riddled Corpses, Bard's Tale, Demetrios). Wonder how many more games they'll put out before EoL?
I was highly skeptical as well. They came out of nowhere and seemed to be offering relatively large quantities with pretty steep shipping costs. Went ahead and took a chance on Ice Cream Surfer and Demetrios. Got them today, in a box, well padded, and with an Ice Cream Surfer lollipop. Happy with the purchase. Will certainly order more games from them since they have proven they are legit. I have to wonder, though, how in the world they are going to move all the unsold copies of their games. They don't seem to be selling a whole lot of copies of most of their titles so far. Almost am tempted to wait on future titles and see if they end up having a big sale on the unsold copies of their games.

Am I the only one tempted to treat the Ice Cream Surfer lollipop as a collector's item, but leery because I know I'll eventually find it's melted all over my other collectibles?

Decided to stock up on some vita games for the gamestop b2g1 sale that just ended. Expecting them to all come without cases but eh.... it was cheaper then buying them digitally. And if i get legit cases itll be a bonus.

good luck with the cases, its rare nowadays, wish they never changed the policy from back in the day that penalizes trade ins without cases, that said they have also started putting vitas in those small clear holders for space saving especially in smaller sized stores so depending on where the game is getting mailed from u could predict what it will come in

good luck with the cases, its rare nowadays, wish they never changed the policy from back in the day that penalizes trade ins without cases, that said they have also started putting vitas in those small clear holders for space saving especially in smaller sized stores so depending on where the game is getting mailed from u could predict what it will come in
Well got my games today and 2 of the 4 vita games came in their original cases with artwork. And its the 2 I wanted complete the most of the 4 so definite plus.

Got Bad Apple Wars and 7scarlet in their original cases with artwork and then Conception 2 and Lumines in generic cases.

Not a horrible outcome.

Well got my games today amd 2 of the 4 gita games came in their originwl cases with artwork. And its the 2 I wanted complete the most of the 4 so definite plus.

Got Bad Apple Wars and 7scarlet in their original cases with artwork and then Conception 2 and Lumines in generic cases.

Not a horrible outcome.
Not bad at all.

I should probably try Bad Apple Wars at some point... I have the complete thing sitting on my shelf, grabbed it on a whim and never looked into it :x

I have all the Aksys Otome games. I only really played Code;Realize and only the first. They all seem like good VNs and have good quality art.

Does anyone still have and or use their Vita 1000's, and if so, has anyone had any screen problems due to the OLED? I'm looking to mod my Vita slim, and while I prefer that model overall, I miss the OLED of the 1000. So I was thinking since this will be my most go to unit after modding, I figured it would be nice to have an OLED again. I remember reading early on that OLED can have issues over time, and I was just wondering if that was true, and if so, how many have had said issues?

I have a launch Vita, have played it quite a bit (it's my only Vita), and never had an issue with the screen. The screen still looks perfect.

My launch Vita screen looks perfect and the battery is still strong. I also picked up a backup one when Lockerz put them on clearance for $100. Love the OLED Vita.

Thanks for the info guys, as now I'm strongly leaning towards buying another 1000 based on everyones thoughts, if anyone else has any info on the 1000 screens, feel free to share as well.

Still using my launch vita - picked it up at midnight with a copy off Dungeon Hunter Alliance.  Screen is still perfect, battery is still great.

My launch vita is going strong albeit my memory card is constantly crapping itself. I also picked up a soul sacrifice model recently as a backup.

My launch Vita screen looks perfect and the battery is still strong. I also picked up a backup one when Lockerz put them on clearance for $100. Love the OLED Vita.
You still like rubbing that one in. =[ My $80 3ds xl peed on your vita, I still regret not getting it when I had the chance.

bread's done
Back