PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't take chances on these last Vita games. You may get lucky with drops but places are barely carrying them. I'm surprised Best Buy is even offering them since Vita has no store presence anymore. Changing over my Wintertide order today. I have GCU till early April...

I love my Vita, but the recent games have annoyed me. Nothing but anime which I don't care for. Honestly, even though I own hundreds of vita games, I am glad I have h-encore installed on mine now. Totally worth it. 

I love my Vita, but the recent games have annoyed me. Nothing but anime which I don't care for. Honestly, even though I own hundreds of vita games, I am glad I have h-encore installed on mine now. Totally worth it.
I cant imagine wanting and owning a vita and not liking the anime aesthetic. Why did you buy it in the first place? Most of the games are in that style.

I cant imagine wanting and owning a vita and not liking the anime aesthetic. Why did you buy it in the first place? Most of the games are in that style.
Only in recent years. For the first few years of the Vita's life (I got mine near launch) the style of Vita games was much more Western, for lack of a better term. But regardless of an anime aesthetic, most recent, non-limited type company releases, have been visual novels, indulgent/"fan service" musou games or dungeon crawlers.

For me personally, those are three genres I could care less about. I bought my Vita for the Uncharted's. Assassin's Creed's and console ports before the Switch made it cool (like Need for Speed Most Wanted, Mortal Kombat, etc.).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ (2/14)
Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes (March)
Penny-Punching Princess (3/19)
The Longest 5 Minutes (3/19)
The Lost Child (3/19)
War Theatre (March)

- 2nd Quarter
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (April?)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Aban Hawkins & The 1001 Spikes - The Temple of the Dead Mourns the Living (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
Super Meat Boy (TBA)
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (TBA)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (March?)
VVVVVV (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~
Limited Edition - Available to Pre-order
- $69.99
- https://store.aksysgames.com/collections/new-upcoming-products/products/copy-of-limited-edition-pre-order-code-realize-wintertide-miracles-psvita
- https://www.videogamesplus.ca/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-limited-edition-vita-plus-points-free-shipping-p-26377.html?osCsid=7fhjr7s01m67lrq710gt8dctj6
- https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-limited-edition/170235
- https://www.amazon.com/Code-Realize-Wintertide-Miracles-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B07K3ZL3DY/
- Release Date: February 14th, 2019

Leaked by a Sony employee, again, and internal review copies were sold on Ebay, earlier today (January 27th)!

Links to the sold Ebay listings:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aban-Hawkins-amp-the-1001-Spikes-Vita-New-Sealed-Ships-Worldwide-/223346513169?hash=item34007d5511%3Ag%3AWfkAAOSw~VBcTSaB&nma=true&si=8R08hhK7Ac0o3tJmQ8bHzJXewpA%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VVVVVV-Vita-New-Sealed-Ships-Worldwide-/223346510870?hash=item34007d4c16%3Ag%3A9mUAAOSwijZcTSTi&nma=true&si=8R08hhK7Ac0o3tJmQ8bHzJXewpA%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ebay_aban_f.jpg

ebay_aban_r.jpg

ebay_vvvvvv_f.jpg

ebay_vvvvvv_r.jpg

Surprised that the VVVVV and 1001 Spikes copies got leaked to eBay of all places. Wouldn't be surprised if someone got fired for it. Looks like the same seller has a lot of LRG games that haven't shipped in stock, so I'm guessing it's someone from Sony.

Nicalis is also supposed to release The Binding of Isaac Rebirth.  I wonder if all 3 of their releases are going to go through standard retail, or some other channel.

Nicalis is also supposed to release The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. I wonder if all 3 of their releases are going to go through standard retail, or some other channel.
That's the grand question, and now that they had two other games coming that they hadn't publicly announced, the question is will they divulge the mystery of when and where we can buy/order the games from is upon us.

Just wanted to chime in on this...

The Vita was the best place to get well loved popular portable indie games, play PSP/PS1 digital Classics, and the best handheld for a more console experience on the go. That's what attracted me to the platform. I don't care much for rogue (Like, lite, etc), dungeon crawler, or VN games. I still love my Vita as the most convenient way for me to play something like Sly Cooper, GTA Vice City Stories, or a great indie game like Fez. But for current indies and of course Nintendo exclusives... the Switch is where things are at for me now. I don't mind anime style characters in my RPG's or other games... but it had no part of what drew me to the system. I can't say anime has ever made me interested in a system.

If you'll note from those pictures, there is a hole-punch through the barcode. This is typical for copies that have been ear-marked for review or otherwise aren't intended for commercial distribution. It looks like someone got their hands on those copies and put them up on eBay. They are technically not worth as much on the collector's market, because they come pre-defaced. (and in a way that has no real collector's value, this isn't a production error)

Honestly, it is kind of pointless for such an auction to be posted. Any collector worth their salt is going to be able to tell what's going on immediately, and will avoid such copies like the plague.

Honestly, it is kind of pointless for such an auction to be posted. Any collector worth their salt is going to be able to tell what's going on immediately, and will avoid such copies like the plague.
Unless, in the unlikely event, they decide to cancel production due to poor reviews or early testing (i.e. NBA Elite 11 PS4), in which case the value would explode. Doubtful... but there's always a possibility.

So Death Mark LE popped up available at bestbuy.com. Ordered a copy ........and totally not shocked the standard version arrived. Back to the store with you!

Almost fell out of my chair in laughter when I saw this.
It's entirely possible they'll be able to pull it off. The game itself is supposedly nearly ready for production. The sale in April is probably so KS copies have a chance to get shipped out first. I have a feeling we'll still be getting games from LRG for the Vita for months to come as they sit on the produced stock and trickle out the releases every other week so as not to overwhelm people. Also, I'm sure they want to have the last NA released game... so it wouldn't surprise me if they held something till near the end of the year so they can count that release as the official last one.

It's also possible the devs will move the release to East Asia Soft if they can't meet the deadline for NA releases which is February 15th (a little over 2 weeks away). But by the last update it seemed like they were on track and well aware of the end dates.

If Sharin no Kuni physical doesn't make the NA deadline, i'm asking for a refund TBH. That's why I got in the kickstarter. It's basically like Bloodstained.

Best buy is like that sometimes. They have Ittle Dew 2 launch edition listed but when it arrived, it wasn't the launch edition that had sticker on the front cover and map inside. Nothing was inside except game cartridge. Another example, they have Yakuza Kiwami standard blue case listed but it's actually the playstation hits standard red case copy.  

That's the grand question, and now that they had two other games coming that they hadn't publicly announced, the question is will they divulge the mystery of when and where we can buy/order the games from is upon us.
Nicalis's website mentions exclusive games. So it is likely those 3 will be offered at some point

Now im confused. I am talking about this.

https://twitter.com/REDARTGAMES/status/1084156473679269888?s=19

After this they release a patch.

Yeah, so there was a bug in the game that delayed them releasing it until December, because they had to wait on it to be patched. So the patch they waited for that is in the game on cart fixed the original game crashing bug, but created the above referenced crash bug. They had that bug patched via a update patch in only a week though.

Yeah, so there was a bug in the game that delayed them releasing it until December, because they had to wait on it to be patched. So the patch they waited for that is in the game on cart fixed the original game crashing bug, but created the above referenced crash bug. They had that bug patched via a update patch in only a week though.
Ok,thanks

I have a PS TV but have been considering getting a vita. Is there a certain model I should look for? Is used ok or is it best to just look for a new one (assuming they even still sell them new). Thanks!

I have a PS TV but have been considering getting a vita. Is there a certain model I should look for? Is used ok or is it best to just look for a new one (assuming they even still sell them new). Thanks!

- better screen

- new should still be available on Amazon JP (I haven't checked since Christmas)

- lighter

- standard USB connector

- better screen

- new should still be available on Amazon JP (I haven't checked since Christmas)

- lighter

- standard USB connector
Yeah, let me also add the 2000 has a slightly smaller rear touch pad, so less likely to hit during play now. The battery life is also improved, as the 2000 is better all around. But I will say the 1000 screen is absolutely gorgeous, but the 2000 screen is no slouch, just not as great as the 1000.

I just sold most of my Vita collection in the last few weeks, and several buyers had also just ordered Japanese Vita's, so yeah, I'm pretty sure they are still offered new.

I ordered one of the japanese colors used on Amazon last year and got a new one. Essentially, everybody has to open the box to put the right power cord in and I guess sometimes they just list them as used since some reviews do mention the open box(although they admit they know exactly why it had to be opened)

I can't guarantee you would get the same though but Amazon does offer returns and everything. Much easier dealing with them than Gamestop unless you have a local store that knows you and will let you see all their systems to pick one(if they have used Vitas at all, my closest store doesn't). The price was $150 by the way and the new ones they had were about $60-80 more although the cease in production may up the prices soon.

When I bought mine, new japanese Vitas were still available for cheaper that $250 with regular Amazon shipping. Not sure about now.

I ordered a black Vita (new) from Amazon Japan on 1/19 for $191 (shipping included). It should finally arrive later today.

Only reason it took so long was because I ordered while it was temporarily out of stock.

If you're going with GameStop you may want to wait till the next Prestige day when they typically have b2g1 pre-owned anything, but you will be subject to store stock. I got 2 OLED Vita's (one black one white) and a 2ds xl Pokeball edition for $280 last year.

I ordered one of the japanese colors used on Amazon last year and got a new one. Essentially, everybody has to open the box to put the right power cord in and I guess sometimes they just list them as used since some reviews do mention the open box(although they admit they know exactly why it had to be opened)

I can't guarantee you would get the same though but Amazon does offer returns and everything. Much easier dealing with them than Gamestop unless you have a local store that knows you and will let you see all their systems to pick one(if they have used Vitas at all, my closest store doesn't). The price was $150 by the way and the new ones they had were about $60-80 more although the cease in production may up the prices soon.

When I bought mine, new japanese Vitas were still available for cheaper that $250 with regular Amazon shipping. Not sure about now.
Assuming you're in the US, how did you get it to ship to US? I tried looking for a couple and couldn't check out because none would ship to US. Considered using one of the proxy services, but it costs almost $50 to ship

Assuming you're in the US, how did you get it to ship to US? I tried looking for a couple and couldn't check out because none would ship to US. Considered using one of the proxy services, but it costs almost $50 to ship
You can get them Amazon prime shipped from there. You just need to go through the used sellers of the color you want and the ones using prime will show up. Same for new on the Japanese systems. I almost bought another one because they had the metal slime special edition up last time I checked.

Play-Asia is running its Lunar New Year Sale.

There are some decent discounts for some of the vita games in this years sale.

I picked up Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory for $37.99

They also have the Persona Dancing Twin pack for $52.99

or Just Persona 5 Dancing Star Night for $29.99

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster [English] $26.99

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition (English Subs) $46.99

A couple of decent prices on new consoles and more.
Did they remove the Coupon feature??? Im going through the checkout but I dont see anywhere to add Coupon. Usually the feature is where you pick the payment option but its no longer there

Play-Asia is running its Lunar New Year Sale.

There are some decent discounts for some of the vita games in this years sale.

I picked up Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory for $37.99

They also have the Persona Dancing Twin pack for $52.99

or Just Persona 5 Dancing Star Night for $29.99

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster [English] $26.99

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition (English Subs) $46.99

A couple of decent prices on new consoles and more.
Thanks, I got the Persona Dancing Twin pack for $65.89 total. That ~$13 shipping charge stings but it's worthwhile for the 4-CD soundtrack.

Did they remove the Coupon feature??? Im going through the checkout but I dont see anywhere to add Coupon. Usually the feature is where you pick the payment option but its no longer there
It was there for their last exclusive release a couple weeks back, so Play-Asia likely just disabled coupons for anything that's part of the Lunar New Year sale.

From what others have gathered, PA removes the coupon field for certain sale items from time to time. Even if you have an item that you could use a coupon on, if you have any affected sale items in cart, you won't be able to apply coupon code to it.

I haven't played one yet. Is there much dialog / text in the Persona dancing games? How import friendly would the 3/5 combo pack be on the Vita?

Thanks, I got the Persona Dancing Twin pack for $65.89 total. That ~$13 shipping charge stings but it's worthwhile for the 4-CD soundtrack.
The CDs are great. I listen to it when I'm tired of listening to podcasts. I bought the Japanese PS4 version from Amazon and sold the games since I already got them digitally. They really shafted us on the US release of the endless night collection.

bread's done
Back