PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, My preferred 1000's battery won't hold a charge for very long, so I may need to replace that. Anybody ever done this before?
I’ve replaced the battery on a 1000 without issue (a few times, actually). It’s very easy, easier than most cell phones, for sure. There a ribbon cable connected to the back that you need to be careful about when opening, but everything else is pretty straight forward.

PlayStation Vita Battery Replacement

I’ve replaced the battery on a 1000 without issue (a few times, actually). It’s very easy, easier than most cell phones, for sure. There a ribbon cable connected to the back that you need to be careful about when opening, but everything else is pretty straight forward.

PlayStation Vita Battery Replacement
Cool thanks. This battery issue is keeping me from finishing persona 4, and I can't let that happen for much longer

Still waiting for Play-Asia to decide if they're going to be able to fulfill my Metallic Red Vita 2000 from the Lunar New Year sale. Unfortunately, I also bought the Hori Remote Play Grip in the same order (which is now also out of stock). Who knows if I'll get anything at this point. *sigh*

I'm actually debating what to pick up for extras right now.  Going to pick up a spare 1000 and 2000 model, but is the God Eater Fenrir model worth an extra $30-40?  :whistle2:k

Do you think there are gaming shops in Japan that would carry the Vita systems? If you're interested in gaming/Vita things in general, you probably should visit Japan sometime as well. You might be able to just walk into a shop and see a selection of Vita systems for at least a short period

Still waiting for Play-Asia to decide if they're going to be able to fulfill my Metallic Red Vita 2000 from the Lunar New Year sale. Unfortunately, I also bought the Hori Remote Play Grip in the same order (which is now also out of stock). Who knows if I'll get anything at this point. *sigh*
Sadly, knowing PA as I do, I would say at this point look elsewhere. Does the remote play grip say it's coming back, or completely sold out? As they don't hold things to complete orders, so all items in an order need to be in stock at the same time to be fulfilled. Unless something has changed in the last year or two.

I stopped combining orders with them years ago for this very reason, as I ordered two items, and by the time the first arrived, the second was sold out, and they told me I was SOL! On top of that, the two items combined gave me free shipping, so once the second item was no longer available, they then wanted to charge me shipping on top of that to ship the first item(for their own poor service). This was about the time I stopped buying things from them except for the exclusive games. Which I always bought alone, as to not have any further issues.

I kinda figured as much. I already have a Vita 2000 and the Hori grip and was just getting backups. Not a huge loss, but still annoying that they sold out (even though they were in stock for several days after my order).

This. Having a digital title might slightly improve the loading times, depending on the title in question. But the primary bottleneck for Remote Play is always the network connection. Even the fastest network connection is slower than the internal components of a closed system like the PS4. And even for games where some of the data has to be read from the disc, this rarely effects the game itself. Modern streaming techniques copy data from the disc to the system's RAM before using it in the game. And this is usually done while the game is running in order to minimize loading delays. Some performance advantages could be gained by going the digital over physical route, but they would have no real impact on Remote Play.
A bit of a bummer, but thanks for the info. My speeds should be good enough, but there is some huge lag at points making things unplayable. Balls.

Sadly, I didn't realize that Amazon.jp has third party sellers only for Vita systems. Few months ago I could've sworn it was Amazon directly. So I noticed that some of those companies are selling BRAND NEW colored Vitas. But these aren't the recent colors. I checked some of the reviews and people complained that the systems were actually used. Has anyone bought from these third party sellers with positive results? I know someone mentioned before that the Japanese tend to underrate their listings but I don't know if that's occurring the majority of the time

Well, I caved and ordered one from a third party seller on Amazon US. Here's hoping it's actually new.

Poor Vita thread ended up on page 2....

Can anybody recommend a Vita screen protector for the 2000 series? How about a carrying case?
I use the Hori screen protector, but it's not readily available any more.

For cases, the Amazon Basics case is what we have (though I also have the Best Buy one for the Vita 1000, and they're pretty much identical). Do note that it's a case for protection, not for playing while it's in the case. It's semi-hard shell, and somewhat bulky.

Since Vita manufacturing is ending I decided to finally pull the trigger on the DQ Metal Slime edition. Found a like new one for $260.

Sxmz5o0.jpg

Arrived immaculate. It's also got shrinkwrap on it, but my previous JP Vita didn't even have a sticker to seal it. Anyone know if that's something specific to the DQ edition or if it was added after the fact?

Since Vita manufacturing is ending I decided to finally pull the trigger on the DQ Metal Slime edition. Found a like new one for $260.
Good deal!

I had the same thought, so I ended up buying a Minecraft Special Edition (Amazon.co.jp exclusive) for ¥23,148 (~$210) plus shipping. Got a Piranha Plant Amiibo while I was at it since they appear to be sold out everywhere in the US.

I'll repeat what I said in the LRG thread: Using some of the last Vita carts on more run-of-the-mill, carbon-copy Kemco RPGs makes me sad.

I'll repeat what I said in the LRG thread: Using some of the last Vita carts on more run-of-the-mill, carbon-copy Kemco RPGs makes me sad.
It could've been worse, LRG could've bought the rights to all of LJN's old titles and re-released them one game per cart.
They seem to be doing that with SNK games instead.
i know... what a waste. ppl actually paying 30 bucks for 1 old/mobile game.

I am looking to get a Vita. What would be a good deal to look out for? And US or JPN Vita? Thanks!
US or JPN, both systems have full language selections, so that's not really an issue. You do have the X/O swap issue, but if you've ever imported, or played across different platforms, it's not a big issue, You can also swap those buttons in the settings, but most games get recognized by the system, and adjust the buttons to the games region of origin.

I've owned three different units in total, two US 1000's and my final is the blue/white Japanese 2000 and it's easily my favorite of the bunch. I am considering getting another white 1000 again(probably be an import, as US is to high), so I can have one of each. So it really comes down to which unit you can get the better deal for, and if it's used or new.

I think Japan has the better prices for new currently, as they still have new stock at some places. Where new for the US is rather high, as production stopped here years ago. Buying used is probably better for US models, as it's easier to return if you get a unit under expectations. Great system either way, and you can't go wrong with import or domestic, or new or used, so long as you get one in proper condition, for a proper price.

that's a good thing.
snk games are the best
I think it's a good thing they're printing the SNK games, but the point I was making is that they're printing each one individually instead of doing a collection like NISA did for the PS4 and Switch. But considering they're re-releasing Jak 1-3 as three separate releases, I suppose that's kind of their strategy now.

And just like that the PS Vita thread goes out with a whimper…

I received Persona Dancing Deluxe Twin Plus from Play Asia yesterday. It's a really impressive set, especially when compared to the PS4 Endless Night set.

I received Persona Dancing Deluxe Twin Plus from Play Asia yesterday. It's a really impressive set, especially when compared to the PS4 Endless Night set.
Agreed. I received mine yesterday as well... Very cool for the sale price. Also received the Hori grip, plugged in the MGS collection to test it out, totally forgot that they relocated the items to the front touch screen, and realized that there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Kind of a bummer, but I'll have to test out remote play later to see how well it works.

Agreed. I received mine yesterday as well... Very cool for the sale price. Also received the Hori grip, plugged in the MGS collection to test it out, totally forgot that they relocated the items to the front touch screen, and realized that there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Kind of a bummer, but I'll have to test out remote play later to see how well it works.
This has been my experience too. Unfortunately remote play is the same situation as well. It seems that each PS4 game has a preset way of controls in remote play mode, so if a PS4 game uses front touch screen, it does not use rear touch. Games like Destiny 1 supposedly complete remap Vita control, assigning shooting to R1 instead of R2, and so forth, which was praised by many (not sure about Destiny 2). I am late to the party so I didn't know about this, so I am bummed as well. But for the games that do use rear touchpad, this thing has been godlike, and it's a joy to hold and use.

Cool... Thanks for the response! Do you happen to have a list of games that utilize the rear touchpad in this way? I'm itching to test this bad boy out!!!
So far I was able to use it to a varying degree of success in following games: Tearaway, Lumines, Little Big Planet, Ys Memory of Celceta, Borderlands 2 (personally my favorite), Super Stardust Ultra, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Escape Plan, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (changing music), and, last but not least, Criminal Girls: Invite Only (I might be banned if I describe touchpad use in detail for this game). Hori's grip does not do the best job for some games that support rear touchpad though, because some games require actual rubbing from top to bottom or back and forth, which is not really Hori's fault.

So far I was able to use it to a varying degree of success in following games: Tearaway, Lumines, Little Big Planet, Ys Memory of Celceta, Borderlands 2 (personally my favorite), Super Stardust Ultra, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Escape Plan, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (changing music), and, last but not least, Criminal Girls: Invite Only (I might be banned if I describe touchpad use in detail for this game). Hori's grip does not do the best job for some games that support rear touchpad though, because some games require actual rubbing from top to bottom or back and forth, which is not really Hori's fault.
Awesome. Thank you!

Next Play Exclusive is Pato Box $34.99 on March 7th. Limited to 1,500 copies

Collectors edition only no standard copy available.

Box contents

• Pato Box Collector’s Box
  • Pato Box Game (region free)
  • Pato Box Manual
  • Pato Box 2CD Original Soundtrack
  • Pato Box Boxing Champion Numbered Certificate

[attachment=31912:pato-box-limited-edition-586479.28.jpg]

This is a game I kickstartered for Vita but I have not had the time to add it to my playlist as of yet.

Always looked like a cool mashup of Punch Out and Madworld.

Can anyone recommend specific vita sellers on Amazon or is that not a good route to take?  I have been looking at the used blue and red 2000s.

Can anyone recommend specific vita sellers on Amazon or is that not a good route to take? I have been looking at the used blue and red 2000s.
toki409 is decent. I got a Soul Sacrifice like new from him and it was pretty mint. only thing I'm not sure why most japanese used shops make my boxes smell super musty and sometimes cigarette smoke.

Did the RGB registry edit on both my 1000, and my girlfriend's 2000. Man, the 2000 model screen looks fantastic now. It makes me want a slim model as my daily driver. Lighter, no proprietary charger, better battery life, better accessory compatibility. There was a slight boost for my 1000, but I can't believe how much better her screen looks after it. OLED is still punchier when they're side by side obviously, but I don't think it's enough to outweigh the benefits of the Slim.

toki409 is decent. I got a Soul Sacrifice like new from him and it was pretty mint. only thing I'm not sure why most japanese used shops make my boxes smell super musty and sometimes cigarette smoke.
+1 on toki409

I bought a used Very Good condition one and it was mint. I got the 1000 red Japanese version from him. He has gone up lately in pricing, but I understand why.

Did the RGB registry edit on both my 1000, and my girlfriend's 2000. Man, the 2000 model screen looks fantastic now. It makes me want a slim model as my daily driver. Lighter, no proprietary charger, better battery life, better accessory compatibility. There was a slight boost for my 1000, but I can't believe how much better her screen looks after it. OLED is still punchier when they're side by side obviously, but I don't think it's enough to outweigh the benefits of the Slim.
While I always liked the 1000, the screen was the only thing I ever loved about it. Once I tried the 2000, it was as you stated, perfect in probably all other things and why I never went back to the 1000. Recently I have looked in to buying another 1000 for collecting and hacking purposes, but the 2000 is easily my favorite of the two in all things except for the OLED.

I was testing out my new 2000 Vita versus my old 1000 Vita, and just viewing Ys VIII startup screen convinced me that I should just fix my 1000's battery.

bread's done
Back