PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on toki409

I bought a used Very Good condition one and it was mint. I got the 1000 red Japanese version from him. He has gone up lately in pricing, but I understand why.
Agreed. Excellent seller. I pretty much exclusively have bought used Vitas and PSPs from Japanese sellers over the years. They tend to send handhelds in much better shape than US sellers. Very Good from a Japanese seller in my experience is basically Like New.

I'm kicking myself at not biting on the Minecraft Vita bundle on Amazon Jp last week. It was sold and shipped by Amazon -- got down to $195 plus shipping. I thought it would go down a little more, but it sold out about the time I was going to pull the trigger for $210 shipped. I have several other 2000s, so it's not a huge deal, but man are the prices on new PS Vitas ever climbing steadily. Went ahead and ordered another 32GB memory card for around $50 shipped from Amazon Jp. The prices on those suckers are going to skyrocket at some point, especially as cards start to fail over time, meaning that people who want to play their Vita unhacked will be in a bind.

Agreed. Excellent seller. I pretty much exclusively have bought used Vitas and PSPs from Japanese sellers over the years. They tend to send handhelds in much better shape than US sellers. Very Good from a Japanese seller in my experience is basically Like New.

I'm kicking myself at not biting on the Minecraft Vita bundle on Amazon Jp last week. It was sold and shipped by Amazon -- got down to $195 plus shipping. I thought it would go down a little more, but it sold out about the time I was going to pull the trigger for $210 shipped. I have several other 2000s, so it's not a huge deal, but man are the prices on new PS Vitas ever climbing steadily. Went ahead and ordered another 32GB memory card for around $50 shipped from Amazon JP. The prices on those suckers are going to skyrocket at some point, especially as cards start to fail over time, meaning that people who want to play their Vita unhacked will be in a bind.
If you really want to obtain any limited vita I suggest doing so very soon. I am so glad I bought a "Like New" Soul Sacrifice Model now because of this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHA9GAI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A26KIUMZGEMRC5&psc=1

I found toki409 on eBay but I'm not sure he/she is selling anything through Amazon right now.  Amazon doesn't seem to make it easy to find a seller store unless I am just being stupid.

I just beat the arcade mode on Windjammers with no continues while waiting for a state inspection for my car! I just had to tell somebody!

I love the Vita!

Play-Asia finally fulfilled my metallic red vita order from Chinese New Year. Glad I got in before the prices went up (I paid $196.99, they now are listed for $269.99)

I really want a vita memory card, but damn they're expensive.  Never any deals.  Just can't bring myself to support that nonsense.

are the SD adapters by funturbo on amazon legit?

edit: didn't notice you had to jailbreak vita, don't want to do this

Play-Asia finally fulfilled my metallic red vita order from Chinese New Year. Glad I got in before the prices went up (I paid $196.99, they now are listed for $269.99)
Glad to see it shipped, and that you got the proper pricing, as this is for sure a Play-Asia success story. LOL

Not only that, they're also sending me the Hori grip! This is a 1 in a million sort of thing
Well, when I stated my issues with them of the past, I did mention things could have changed, as my issues where probably about 2 years ago. Sadly, my treatment at the time led me to not buy much from them anymore(I was a regular customer at the time), and when I do, it's all single orders, or multiples of the same item(which hasn't really happened). It for sure looks like they may have changed their policy on in stock VS. not in stock, and shipping orders separate if need be, or your just a fluke case. LOL

Pretty sure it's a fluke. I think both items just happened to come back in stock at the same time. I'll probably just order 1 at a time going forward.

Of course, I really only used them for Vita stuff, so I'll probably be done with them for good by the end of the year.

Well, when I stated my issues with them of the past, I did mention things could have changed, as my issues where probably about 2 years ago. Sadly, my treatment at the time led me to not buy much from them anymore(I was a regular customer at the time), and when I do, it's all single orders, or multiples of the same item(which hasn't really happened). It for sure looks like they may have changed their policy on in stock VS. not in stock, and shipping orders separate if need be, or your just a fluke case. LOL
Don't beat yourself up because their customer service is still terrible. I received a game that was smashed and almost cut in half by postal machinery a month or so ago and they basically told me that wouldn't do anything to fix it because I chose their standard free shipping for Play Exclusives. After significant back and forth and threats to involve Paypal, they finally agreed to replace the item, but only after I sent it back at my expense. Needless to say, it took another round of e-mails for them to agree to reimburse the return shipping. Of course, they eventually sent the replacement and just last week the USPS brought me the smashed box that they insisted on having back because the return PO box they gave me was no longer in service.

Pretty sure it's a fluke. I think both items just happened to come back in stock at the same time. I'll probably just order 1 at a time going forward.

Of course, I really only used them for Vita stuff, so I'll probably be done with them for good by the end of the year.
Your probably right, as that's a situation I never anticipated, since my stuff once sold was gone, never to return to active inventory. And if they did, they damn sure wouldn't have been at the same time. LOL

Don't beat yourself up because their customer service is still terrible. I received a game that was smashed and almost cut in half by postal machinery a month or so ago and they basically told me that wouldn't do anything to fix it because I chose their standard free shipping for Play Exclusives. After significant back and forth and threats to involve Paypal, they finally agreed to replace the item, but only after I sent it back at my expense. Needless to say, it took another round of e-mails for them to agree to reimburse the return shipping. Of course, they eventually sent the replacement and just last week the USPS brought me the smashed box that they insisted on having back because the return PO box they gave me was no longer in service.
Beat myself up over PA, NEVER! LOL

Now your situation is the PA I know and love, as I'm still amazed none of my Vita Exclusives ever arrived damaged in those thin little boxes they used. I no longer even deal in back and forth with retail anymore, as I just open the Paypal claim as soon as they give me shit(when PP was an option of course). As I have to spend to much time dealing with other places that I have no choice in dealing with, so when it's a place where I do have a say, I voice it each and every time.

Yep, your situation is text book PA BS, and why I stopped using them for my importing needs, as their exclusives is all I ever bought anymore, and I just sold most of those a few months back and have passed on the new releases.

EDIT: Those exclusives where a good deal, and most where quality titles as well, so not everything was shit, just the CS.

I just got done with a 1.5 month--and roughly 20 email--interaction with Playasia to return 2 sealed items. Their customer service redefines terrible.

I just got done with a 1.5 month--and roughly 20 email--interaction with Playasia to return 2 sealed items. Their customer service redefines terrible.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. The fact that they're based in Asia also makes it really difficult to interact with them. The few times I've opened tickets they always come in at the middle of the night. BestBuy still takes the cake for me, but I've rarely had to reach out to either.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. The fact that they're based in Asia also makes it really difficult to interact with them. The few times I've opened tickets they always come in at the middle of the night. BestBuy still takes the cake for me, but I've rarely had to reach out to either.
For me, I would say Gamestop is the worst I've dealt with domestically hands down, as I've gotten better and faster replies from Play-Asia and their reps barely speak English. I once contacted GS during the holidays and they finally replied months later, and then wanted me to reply and wait again. So when I see they are almost out of business, I shed ZERO tears, as they treat so called "gamers" and staff like complete and utter shit any chance they get.

At least it wasn't too bad a time frame compared to recent stories in the LRG thread... especially after factoring in the difference in distance. Still, sucks to have something that needs returned and getting the runaround from CS. Sorry you had to go through that.

Some joker on ebay listed a New silver Vita 2000 for $228. He offered an extra 5% off since I was watching the listing. Thing is, he has 0 feedback. Too good to be true

I bought a brand new US black 2000 off of craigslist today for $100. Guy wanted me to come to his house and for a second I thought I was going to die because the deal was so good but turns out it was legit. Said he picked it up for his collection awhile back and never got around to using it. If people are looking for deals on vitas still, give your local buy sell apps a shot. I was waiting patiently for a minty boxed one myself, but there seems to be quite a few loose ones floating around my area in good condition at about a hundred dollar price point. Probably from collectors and gamers moving on to the switch.

Some joker on ebay listed a New silver Vita 2000 for $228. He offered an extra 5% off since I was watching the listing. Thing is, he has 0 feedback. Too good to be true
I've seen that listing too. Was looking for a silver one originally, but seemed like like a trap.

Buyers have all of the power on eBay. You might as well just pull the trigger, as you have nothing to lose bit a little bit of time. 

True, but I also don't want egg on my face since I'm already skeptical. Plus, I just spent money on a new unit from Japan. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass either

Where do you enter a coupon code on Play-Asia though? Last purchase I made couldn't find the field to enter it?
It doesn't show up for orders with some items (like stuff in their weekly specials). When you are allowed to enter it its on the bottom left of the screen where you pick your payment method.

It doesn't show up for orders with some items (like stuff in their weekly specials). When you are allowed to enter it its on the bottom left of the screen where you pick your payment method.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it next time purchase.

Let's hope LRG has a better E3 than last years. They should just show the trailers and announcements and be done with it, instead of trying to be funny with intentionally low quality effects.

All E3 companies could learn from this: don't have a bunch of different announcers and guests. Just show the games. I don't need people dancing, I don't need celebrities, I don't need bad joke told by aisha tyler, I don't need people telling me about the game - your trailers should tell  me all I need to know. Or at least save in depth previews for a more in depth video.

I've been watching E3's my entire life and I've come to the conclusion that they need to cut the showings time by half. Having to sit through a "live" prerecorded video of people and actors pretending to be live while playing multiplayer games on stage is a crime against humanity!

All E3 companies could learn from this: don't have a bunch of different announcers and guests. Just show the games. I don't need people dancing, I don't need celebrities, I don't need bad joke told by aisha tyler, I don't need people telling me about the game - your trailers should tell me all I need to know. Or at least save in depth previews for a more in depth video.
My favorite presentation was the Sony E3 conference from 2016. It was basically all their game previews formally presented, with little to no interruption. They just let the games speak for themselves, which I felt was a pretty powerful thing to do.

My favorite presentation was the Sony E3 conference from 2016. It was basically all their game previews formally presented, with little to no interruption. They just let the games speak for themselves, which I felt was a pretty powerful thing to do.
Yeah, that was a pretty good show for sure, as I agree that most of what is offered at these shows is garbage "filler" at best. I loved when "N" went to their direct format, as even though they have more talking than needed, it at least took away the dead space of having to deal with live translations during shows. Which in turn makes for a much more "focused" presentation when it's all said and done.

Maybe it's just me, but I like when the developers talk about a game and how they made it for the conferences. That E3 2016 Sony conference was boring to me cause well it's just trailers. That's cool and all, but I like a little talk. Now the demos and stuff....leave those for the E3 show floor. Those developer talks got me excited for Mario and Rabbids and Unravel. Puts a little heart into the show. I don't like the celebs or dance performances or any of that though.

Has there been any word on the Nicalis vita games yet aside from those couple of sketchy sales on ebay? Figured we've have heard something by now.
As far as I am concerned they weren't sketchy sales as that is a known seller who has gotten ahold of pre-release preview copies and sold them many times in the past over the years. So to be clear, those were most certainly very real games that were sold.

But, what scares me is that Nicalis hasn't acknowledged the existence of physical copies of those games yet. And I do mean they have blatantly disregarded/ignored all questions concerning those two games and the status of The Binding of Isaac (physical). And reason that somewhat scares me is that if they back out of releasing those two games, for whatever reason, then that will make those leaked out preview copies Holy Grail-relic level rarities that will literally command a thousand plus on the secondary market.

As far as I am concerned they weren't sketchy sales as that is a known seller who has gotten ahold of pre-release preview copies and sold them many times in the past over the years. So to be clear, those were most certainly very real games that were sold.

But, what scares me is that Nicalis hasn't acknowledged the existence of physical copies of those games yet. And I do mean they have blatantly disregarded/ignored all questions concerning those two games and the status of The Binding of Isaac (physical). And reason that somewhat scares me is that if they back out of releasing those two games, for whatever reason, then that will make those leaked out preview copies Holy Grail-relic level rarities that will literally command a thousand plus on the secondary market.
I'm not worried. They have one more retail game set for May 28th and haven't announced anything physical since, so it's pretty clear they are trying to avoid offending their retail partners. Once that game is released, I'm sure they will announce their plans for those games they printed.

I'm not worried. They have one more retail game set for May 28th and haven't announced anything physical since, so it's pretty clear they are trying to avoid offending their retail partners. Once that game is released, I'm sure they will announce their plans for those games they printed.
Are they not doing Switch games anymore? Don't understand how them putting out retail Switch games would halt them from releasing the Vita games as well.

Are they not doing Switch games anymore? Don't understand how them putting out retail Switch games would halt them from releasing the Vita games as well.
They have nothing on any distributor lists I have seen after the May 28th release. I've heard rumors that they are going direct to consumer, so there is no reason they couldn't do Switch as well.

I'm asking my fellow PSTV and Vita users to keep me and my Vita in their thoughts today since my Vita went through a full wash cycle at the laundromat this morning and will not turn on anymore.

Before I left my place this morning, I had just downloaded the digital versions of Vertical Heroes, Riddled Corpses EX, and Xenon Valkryie and was looking forward to playing them while I was waiting for my clothes to wash and dry.  I dropped the Vita which was in its soft case into the laundry bag with my clothes, and I went out to my car.  When I got to the laundromat, I stupidly dumped the entire contents of the laundry bag into the washing machine and went back out to my car.  After taking a phone call, I noticed the Vita was missing.  I searched the entire interior of the car, and finally, it dawned on me - I had just washed my Vita.

By the time I went into the laundromat to rescue it, it was in the middle of the spin cycle.  I opened up the soft case which was soaking wet to notice that there were water spots on the Vita but not too many.  Still, nothing happened when I pressed the "on" button.  I called my mom who suggested that I put it in a Ziploc bag with rice since that sometimes works with wet cellphones for some inexplicable reason.  But, I think it's done for.  

It was an OLED Vita that had faithfully provided me with many hours of fun and relaxation.  Spelunky, Windjammers, and Risk of Rain were among my favorites, and I spent many lunch hours playing and replaying those games.  I'm hoping that a miracle will happen, and that it will turn on again, but hope, as in many instances in our lives, might this time be futile. 

The singer Joni Mitchell once said that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.  I truly understand that statement now.  

Thanks. I'm curious, though - what happens if you try to turn it on before it dries?
Water is an excellent conductor of electricity - I would think you run a much greater risk of damaging any of the internal components because it allows a charge to spread where it shouldn't.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Vita jose.  Also, internet articles state that the rice trick doesn't work and you're better off just air drying it.  I think you better your chances by putting it close to a dehumidifier.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Vita jose. Also, internet articles state that the rice trick doesn't work and you're better off just air drying it. I think you better your chances by putting it close to a dehumidifier.
Thanks, darken. I put the Vita into a Ziploc bag with the rice in it. Then, I left the bag in my hot car. I figure that the heat in the car will dry it out if the rice doesn't. But Vitas are only getting more expensive these days, and I don't really want to invest in another one if I can help it. I have a PSTV around here somewhere, but obviously, that won't play all the games that I own nor am I able to use it as a handheld. I was able to get the 32 gb card out with no problem, so I will try to see if it still operates on the PSTV, so it won't be a total loss if the Vita is dead.

bread's done
Back